Blackfeather Woods Duty before self || Nemesis
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Private 
It was known by most, if not all of Moonlit Hills, that they Neighbours a pack. A potentially hostile pack, one that could be either allies or enemies. Veritas had set out to find out where exactly they stood on that scale, and if there would be any trouble. She completed the short walk with ease, the previous exercise she'd had proving beneficial for her endurance. 

No doubt Veritas had a nose. She could smell the definitive border, freshly made and freshly scented. Stopping shy of the marked like, she took three calculated steps back. Three steps, near, but not far. The message conveyed was simple - [i]I am here and I will not leave until I see my purpose fulfilled[i]

She was calling for the Betas, though she knew none of their names. Veritas knew only that she was not high enough of rank to call for an Alpha. 

@Nemesis
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
I'm assuming that Veritas is or is very close to trespassing. Please notify me if this is not that you had planned. And coarse language ahead.

The foreign scent of the bastard pack sent a rippling growl through her like no other. One encounter had been enough for a lifetime, and she was in no hurry to embark war on those being foolishly deceived by a mad woman. Moonlit Hips was a problem. More so, their subjects were becoming a nuisance. It was one thing to walk near their territory but in the midst of a feud, she was done. It had been made clear from her very mouth that if any of Malice's pack made their way to the borders, it guaranteed their death. No, this was no accident. Or had those nitwits not relayed the message to the superiors? She didn't care. It had been said, and this one would not leave whole. She cared not for the threat of a war but the fact that some suicidal creature had dared to march right up to their front steps. Goody. 

She did not try to hide the heavy footfalls induced by anger as she charged her way towards the stranger, stopping just behind the bloodied line for them to make eye contact. She had a whole pack behind her, and this was a lowly trespasser. Well, almost.. but that was no excuse. The stoic, icily cold glare that only grew harder in the face of those she didn't give a shit about remained present in her features. Her hackles raise, a tensing composure that spoke for her rank. And what was this? She had met the Gamma, a docile creature and this was no Beta or Alpha. Pathetic. A malevolent snarl played on her lips, exposing the ivory daggers that hid behind the wicked smile. "What the fuck do you want," She demand boomed how thin her patient was for crap like this. The strangers sole presence on their borderline was, frankly, out of line. She would be taking this to the Alpha, and no alliance would be met, at least she hoped not. It thrilled her to know how this stranger would be punished for ruining Moonlits chance at peace, if only the decision was up to her.
the only way to keep your people loyal is
to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
I am here with OOC permission

Burke was not far off, ever since he heard from Nemesis about the pack that was settling close to their borders and had the nerve to threaten her life, Burke had been on patrol even more than he was before. The large male trotted forward when he heard a howl Burke sped forward. He was not kidding around when it came to his pack. He quickly found Nemesis with a stranger. He had a feeling why she was so aggressive. Burke after all didn't know the scent of this new pack she had been speaking off.

Burke stepped next to her, his face stoic. Pale eyes on him directly and his docked tail raised high. He caught Nemesis asking what he wanted on a rather crude way. Burke was close to baring his teeth but he would wait for what the other had to say. Burke was not very keen to release any more information about this whole dispuut. Frankly he wondered what this wold even came to do at their borders. The guardian was on edge.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Even if she had not been expecting hostility, Veritas wasn't in the least shocked by the outburst. She knew clearly that one pack would object to having another settle so near them, but that was no reason to be rude. So what could it be? Veritas thought back to her experiences in the Teekon Wilds, trying to remember the last time she got pissed... which was to say, very recently. In the span of a week she had gotten pissed countless times and never lost her temper once. 

But the only one who had majorly pissed her off was Malice Lanius and her husband. That was when they were recruiting, though. So she assumed that was the reason. "My name is Veritas. It's Malice, isn't it?" She thought, tipping her head to the side. "I heard nothing to stay away from here, but I know now. But notice I am a respectful distance away from your borders, enemy pack we may be."

From her side, Veritas pushed forward a bundle of herbs. "Medicinal plants from our medics," just me, though, and through it all, Veritas hoped the female would understand it was not a gesture from the pack so much so as it was from her

So I kindof forgot what I started this thread for BUT let's just see where it goes because I FORGOT MY OBJECTIVE
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Her thoughts were confirmed as a rippling growl sounded from her with the mention of the strange alpha. Yet, the stranger seemed to not care for the hostile feelings she harboured for her Alpha. The other ones had taken high offense when Nemesis had warned them of Malice's lunacy. But there was something different about this one, something simple but immensely devious. She kinda liked it. Yet, they both acknowledged that they were rivals, enemies even, but her beef did not lie with the female but her alpha. 

The minute the stranger spoke her purpose for being that their borders, she turned to Burke, giving him a sidelong look that seemed a lot like "Can I kill her now?", though it was brief. But she refaced the female with a much different expression. Her eyes wandered hesitantly to the bundle, glancing back at Veritas then to Burke. Perhaps Venus would put it to good use, that was, if it wasn't poison of some kind. Her knowledge of herbs was very limited but she did not simply take plants from strangers. "Interesting. I doubt your Alpha female would approve of this," She hummed, though there was no hint of detest but curiosity. Did Malice even know the female was here? Probably not. A peace treaty was the last thing she expected from the deranged fae. 

"You never answered my question. What are you doing here?" She repeated, rewording the question to get what she wanted, though with a much leveled yet cunning tone. Veritas's gift seemed something of a bribe, though the true nature of her visit to the dark borders was hidden behind the formality. The interrogation was assumed up to her, or Burke would have struck by then. It also occurred to her that maybe he wasn't so in tune with what was happening although she had informed him of all that was necessary. And she was out of the loop with what has happening on Malice's side. Had she known that the female wanted peace, she would have taken it into consideration but the thought did not cross her mind whatsoever. 
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke stood next to Nemesis when the other spoke. So this was one wolf go Moonlitt hills or not? Burke squinted his eyes when she introduced herself but not stated her pack. The male tipped his head a bit. He was curious to see what she had to offer, and in fact she did came with something psychical. He eyed at the meds for our medics. "How curious finding all these herbs in winter," he stated. Plus Burke was wary of poison that might be in them. He would have Kendra take a look into them, maybe, so she could learn from it identifying the plants. Burke dragged the bundle of herbs closer with his paw.

Burke didn't trust her but given the fact that it was winter and she gave away herbs was curious. It puzzled him and wolves that made him puzzled were interesting to Burke. She might even be Dark Brotherhood material. The large alpha male agreed with his Beta. "Spit it out, I am sure you are not hereto just give us herbs. What is your motive," he questioned. Burke was calmer than Nemesis who really seemed to be on her aggressive streak today. Burke had no reason yet to be as aggressive as her. But that might come later.
Zeta
Banned
63 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
The other's words nearly made her chuckle. Amusing. "Considering that Malice Lanius damn well pissed me off the first time she met me, I don't think her approval would matter that much. Besides, she might be rude and unbecoming, but she's not as stupid to start a war in the middle of winter." The herbs weren't poisonous in the least, if that was what the female was thinking. No, they were recently collected and majority of them were winter plants. Not everything was flowers and roses. In fact, most of them were leaves.

"I'm here to check out the neighbours, simple as that. Didn't know we actually had them until I came and actually saw for myself. Your border adds a nice touch to the dark and dangerous look." Veritas glanced up at the figure behind the woman. "You certainly already look it, so I personally wouldn't bother about that too much." Though...

"Then why won't I stay the heck off your lawn? Well, we're neighbours and I'm a healer. I try to help - and as I mentioned before, Malice's thoughts don't bother me so much that I'll extend the hand of hostility and attempt to kill everyone in the immediate vicinity." The male dragged the large leaf closer, making the woman give a half-smile. He was decidedly less "nice" than his female counterpart, though she supposed that he hadn't at least exploded in her face just yet. 

"Herbs in the winter? Yes. You can find them if you know where to look, and some places are still terribly warm - even in the middle of such a frigid season. Don't worry, they won't hurt you. Daffodil bulbs - flowers bloom in winter, alfafa and cancer root from the Jade whatsit. It is surprisingly hot there." She nodded, raising a nonexistent eyebrow.

"Here, let me repeat my motive. I'm here to check out the neighbours, try to not piss anyone off and forge slightly better bonds between our packs. My Alphas are maybe a tad too prone to making people mad."
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
Her eyebrow raised when one of Malice's own pack members confirmed exactly what she already knew. It said a lot, that one of their own would say that in the face of an emerging enemy, although the truth was by far more efficient on their part. But there was no fault in checking out the neighboors, as she had. Veritas seemed quite intuitive, unlike the other ones she had met, who quite frankly seemed a little ditsy. Oh well, to each their own. At least she tried not to judge. But Veritas had a way of giving them the recognition they deserved, not trying to up her own game to fit their own badass level. It was something she could reason with, tolerate even, unlike many who made up crap and pushed off appearances who simply made themselves look foolish.

"Well isn't that chivalrous," She commented, her eyes not wavering from the females. She believed her, internally but she did not let it on. Yet, Veritas was too right on many occasions. Maybe they could just kidnap her and induce a healthy dose of stockholm syndrome and a little bit of dark brotherhood material to the mix. For once she actually found herself liking a complete stranger. "And quite smart for a Moonlit wolf," But she did not think Veritas would take insult to her sly compliment that was quite contradicting. "But why go out of your way, if as you say, they are rude and becoming?" She questioned, her brow speculating the motive behind the motive. "Perhaps you are curious to how we work, and if we are such a worthy opponent to your leadership," It was the way she worked, twisting words to fit her idea, only for them to reveal the real truth, even if it was exactly what she had claimed before.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke had no knowledge of plants. So for him it was not defeat that she spoke about these herbs being winter plants. He didn't care much for it as a topic. His daughter would argue him about this if he would tell her that. Alas, now was not the moment. Burke licked his lips and listened to the whole tirade she had to say. Frankly he felt like he was done here. She came here just to check her neighbors and to give them some plants as a gift. Well, that was something Nemesis could deal with perhaps.

Burke eyed at Nemesis unsure why she was complimenting her for. Sure, it might be quite smart but Burke would never publicly admit that to this wolf's face. He shook his head a bit. Females. He would never understand them. He looked to the side of Nemesis. Even if this stranger wanted to know how they worked he hoped Nemesis realized they would not tell such things to wolves at their border. Burke was getting more keen on that. Even though Burke wanted to leave he was not going until he saw this female leave. He was the pack's guardian and guarding he shall. "I think we don't need more time for chit chat," he stated. "You came to check out your neighbors, you did. Now go," he stated. He was done with this conversation.

Shall we wrap this up?
hell hath no fury
637 Posts
Ooc — jal
Guardian
this is her exit, though she's still technically hanging around til Veritas leaves.

She did not wait to make her exit after Burke dismissed the female. Whatever Veritas had planned would not work with them, so she did not waste any more time listening while it was apparent everyone was getting a little impatient. She turned to walk off, signalling she was done yet waited in the shadows to watch as Veritas walked off on her own. Burke would know this, as she was only a few feet away yet hidden behind the bramble and darkness of the forest. She would not simply turn her back on a possible intruder, and certainly not one that came from Malice's grounds. They were all feisty, and could easily slip through their grasp if not handled right. And they couldn't have that. 

After this, she would make quick work of running the borers, in case another had slipped in while they were occupied. While the Moonlit wolves probably didn't have the intellectual capacity to devise such a plan, she wouldn't take the chance. After All. it had been a little while since she had last monitored the territory, which was a dutiful hobby she was not about to give up.