Redhawk Caldera A smile can only hide so much
3 Posts
Ooc — Astray
Joining 
'Keep going.'
Any sense of time had long ago left Anaba. "Keep going." She panted to herself. Her paws ached, she was famished, parched, tired and cold, but she needed to get away from where she came from. She didn't know if she wanted to meet another, or not, but she found herself searching for another. 

Anaba's stomach yelled at her to eat, her legs screamed for her to stop, but she kept on. She saw a clearing at the base of what should of been a mountain, but was instead a volcano. The smell of others renewed her energy, as her right ear caught the sound of leaves near her. Anaba turned to a large bird, and, being right under the branch it was perched on, lept, her front left paw hitting the bird to the ground. Anaba ate hungrily, then turned to the clearing.

Tagging @Fox@Finley@Peregrine and @Elwood to maybe meet Anaba.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
With Fox's due date lingering, the whole pack was on high alert. Elwood knew that he wouldn't be allowed anywhere near the whelping den for quite some time, so he put himself to work on the borders. Protecting the pack's newest members would be his highest priority for the next few weeks.

He was alerted to movement just beyond the invisible scent line and came to a halt, frowning as he peered into the trees. His gaze lit on a pale she-wolf, who appeared to have just eaten. Elwood announced his presence with a low growl, then called out, "You're hunting awfully close to our borders."
3 Posts
Ooc — Astray
"Oh, I didn't notice, I'm sorry. I've been looking for food, and a pack, for a while now, seeing food must of made me careless." Anaba could somehow sense this wolf's authority, and her tail dropped submissively. 

Her ears perked. "Our? Is this pack territory?" Her head tilted and eyes widened.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
The she-wolf apologized immediately, and followed her explanation with a quick adjustment to her posture. Elwood, too, relaxed slightly; he was glad to see that she wasn't here to stir up trouble. The last thing the pack needed was a miscreant lingering near their borders.

He nodded his head. "Yes, this pack is called Redhawk Caldera," he replied. She had already stated that she was in need of a place to stay as well as a meal. He glanced at the bird's bones near her feet. "You seem to be a skilled hunter," he commented.
3 Posts
Ooc — Astray
"Oh, I wouldn't say that," The she-wolf chuckled slightly. "I just try to get the game I need." Anaba knew she was being odd, and she didn't know rather to be embarrassed, or giddy to talk to another wolf in over five months.

Anaba looked up at Elwood slightly. "Is, Redhawk Caldera needing new, members?" She didn't know what answer she wanted more; yes or no.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
He raised a brow thoughtfully, carefully considering her reactions and responses. She denied having any special skills as a hunter, yet the evidence indicated otherwise. He had to admit he was somewhat impressed, but now he wondered if it had just been a fluke.

After a pause, he replied, "We do have space in our ranks. But how can I trust you?" He thought briefly of Nadie and Mazi, two of their newer members who had, thus far, proven themselves to be valuable pack members. But then there was Zicorro, who had been an unpredictable wild card and had disappeared after just a few days. With Fox's due date looming, he wanted to make sure he vetted this stranger before granting her admittance into their territory.