Broken Boulder What A Man Can Do
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
All Welcome 
@Jim, but AW

Depp had been almost done with his new pack, in fact he had enough members and everything, but he hoped to gain a bit more to have a good start on the whole ordeal. He roamed what he hoped to be his new land, and searched for smells of any stranger wolves, he had passed what Broken Boulder was named after many times already—the large boulder split in half. His nose flared, but nothing had yet to ease his bored mind. The dark wolf sat down, maybe staying put would attract wolves? It wasn't just that he wanted to gain packmates, but the man just needed entertainment, member or not. Winter had already been boring enough with the lack of expired fruits giving him the alcoholic fumes he ran on. 

He almost fell over on his side in boredom, but decided to not to. He wasn't a child after all, her was about to be an alpha for godsakes he had to have some sort of respectful demeanor, right? Depp believed he possessed it, but could lose it in an instant by accident.

sorry for the short post!
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Don't bother if you can't do a post. Just gve me something to work with - 200 words of meaningful things will give me more to reply to than 1000 words of purple prose. In short, don't sweat.

Considering how little respect Jim had for the alpha male in that moment, it was no wonder that the male wasn't ever going near the Caldera again - not even if they promised him a King's place, a golden crown upon his furry head or mounds of prey for his picking every meal. Nada. But still, Jim wasn't one to judge - perhaps the male had something going on back home and his mood was off. Maybe.

It was pretty hard to convince himself of that, though. 

Jim's body was trotting along at a comfortable rate - it had wanted to get as far away from the alpha as possible, going from yesterday until today. It had started in the morning the previous day, covering around half the land going as fast as possible. It was quick and light on its feet, the training done easily carrying it. Besides, the constant running made for good exercise.

And the best thing about it? It was goddamn night by the time he reached Broken Boulder. COnGRatUlaTIons, Jim. You've covered from one end of Teekon to the other in two days and are probably going to keel over from exhaustion. Surprisingly, the male kept his footing, though his muscles were strained and aching. He had rolled in mud to remove the scent of the pack, the Caldera, the everything. Only pure Jim remained.
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Depp was about to give up on his entertainment expedition, when suddenly the smell of another wolf came into play, but he couldn't place it in a pack nor as a lone wolf. His ears perked and body lifted so the dark brute was standing, not knowing who, what, or where this wolf came from gave him all the excitement he needed for the day, although he wasn't necessarily eager to reach the stranger, him being the nonchalant carefree wolf he was, which wasn't always the best thing. Him often missing opportunities cause he simply acted—or truly was aloof—like he didn't care at all.

He walked with a leisurely stride in the direction of this confusing scent, not putting together that they likely were covering past scents. Soon enough he reached a lighter wolf than himself, and slowed his already aloof pace. The Sparrow tilted his head with interest in the male. Closing a bit more space between them, but leaving enough in case he was the aggressive type, he put on a large cocky smile, as the perusal. "Hello there," He greeted, his stance not showing any form of dominence nor submission, just good old not-so-intimidating naturalness that he always obtained when meeting a stranger.
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Jim, though struggling not to pant in the other's face, almost stared up at him in his pissed mood. He'd come all this way to escape wolfkind, not encounter more! Darn and curse his bad luck. As such, the smaller wolf's neutral stance and neutral face looked up, stepping back so that he could better see whatever wanted to interrupt his cool-off time without craning his neck.

"Hello" He replied warily, assessing the wolf to see if he'd need to make a run for it. Jim's body was physically exhausted, but he wasn't in shape to fight. However, he hid his body language so that it stood strong, confident in his nonexistent abilities. The other male wouldn't be able to see through the facade for as long as Jim wanted to hold it for, but Jim knew he couldn't hold it for long. 

Only for long enough to make sure the other male wouldn't be a threat.

"What're you doing around these parts, good sir?"
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
This red stranger seemed to posses manners, and Depp liked, though he wouldn't mind an impolite wolf either, him not being the best gentleman alive. The new brute seemed rather neutral as well, not giving him relief or delight, once again it wasn't an important subject to him, and was overlooked quickly. He jumped to a question before he could have asked one himself, and he cleared his throat before answering. "I'm planning to build a pack here," he answered, the slightest hint of pride in his tone of voice. 

The dark male noticed he was covered in mud, giving the what was messing with his scent ordeal. "And you?" He asked, perhaps it would be a question for question conversation, which seemed fair enough in his mind.
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
"A pack?" Jim grunted, almost rolling his flat green eyes at the answer. "There are other packs here already, sir. There must be, because this place is a bountiful area. It makes sense for packs to settle here, if i'm not wrong." It was common sense only because there was not enough prey to sustain so many packs - and out here, it was significantly smaller. The population of prey, that was. It seemed there were only too many wolves around these parts.

"I wish you success, good sir." Was the only thing Jim could think to add to his previous statements. His tone was the same mild one he'd used with the alpha. The same qualities it possessed then and would continue to possess. 

"I got into a scuffle with the leader of another pack. They claim the Caldera as their own." That was all that Jim offered and would offer. He wasn't going to let too much out. Speaking of which, there were bound to be more packs around here... maybe they'd accept him instead. And anyway, he wasn't too keen on finding that pack again.

He'd die before he'd step foot on their lands.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The scents in broken bolder hadn’t left her feeling too well, weary about others moving in on her hunting territory. With the south blocked off from Phoenix Maplewood, her wolves were limited. Another one crouching into their area would cut the supply and Thuringwethil isn’t about to let her claim dwindle to nothing because their scents drive off their prey. She doesn’t know what will come of the message she sent with the Phoenix wolf and whether or not their leader will do anything about it. Until he shows up at her door step, Thuringwethil will cross off one threat at a time. 

Whatever markers left to ward her off, Thuringwethil ignores. They aren’t strong enough to stop Heda and if she has any say in the matter, they won’t be here long either. Her tail tightens above her spine, arches her back, and squares her shoulders easily as she begins the exploration. When she hears voices, her ears swivel upon her head and she moves, closing the distance between her and the unknown. Their smell thickens and she wrinkles her nose.

I’m planning to build a pack here.

The young leader’s fur bristles, broadening her chest upon her approach. Even with the wind, she doesn’t attempt to hide. Heavy paws hit the ground as she looks between the two, a low growl forming in the base of her chest but she only feels the rumble. She catches the words of the other but she turns to the first. “He's right about other packs in the area. I don’t foresee this being a good idea for you,” she slides in, keeping a few yards away from the two. The suspicion she’d been having leaves a bitter taste in the back of her mouth once the truth is laid out before her.

I said I was done writing for the night but oH WELL.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Depp caught on to the newer strangers presence before she had arrived, but when her presence was made he didn't change stance or emotion very much. He had anticipated such a thing to happen, as the male usually came across bad luck, but managed to make the best out of most bad situations. He wouldn't claim this as a bad one, but more unfavoring, and hopefully if the new wolf wasn't too aggressive he would go on unscathed. He held interest in their words and warnings, he had assumed packs would be in the region, but so close wasn't exactly what he thought. 

For the time being he was focused on the first wolf spoken to. "If territory changes were to happen, would you consider joining us?" He questioned before facing the darker female. Both Sen and Depp had expressed their thoughts on war, battles, and fights—they were stupid. So this encounter would likely make the two wolves go onto different ground, which he didn't mind. Bumps in the road were expected, and taken fairley. "Would either of you suggest a better place for us to settle in?" He asked.

Knowing @Sen would like to be involved
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Suddenly, Jim was caught in between leader struggles. He'd nothing to say, nothing to do and suddenly, bam! He was smack-dab in the middle of a potentially blooming fight and wow, they were both... probably younger than himself! The current Alpha was indeed younger - her body gave it away, though she was larger than Jim. The hopeful Alpha looked younger, but he was probably into his sexual maturity already.

In his old pack, Jim had hunted and calmed everyone down. It seemed he was going to do that again. Besides, he didn't want to be caught in a fight he had no part of.

"No sir, I've got my eyes set on other packs. But by all means, feel free to move." Jim turned to address the younger female, stepping back again so he didn't have to look up as high. "These other packs, who are they? I assume they're there?" His voice was not curious, more of a casual question tone than one with curiosity. 

"Sir, perhaps you would like to try the Haunted Wood?" Whatever if they were younger than him? Jim would just play nice and play along, gaining information he wanted.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
He doesn’t address her first and it takes a little self control not to snap at him. She glances to the other wolf, eyes hardened and narrow, curious for his answer. Their alliance forming in front of them puts her in a position—outnumbered—but she keeps herself steady and in place. Even if his words are meant to soothe, until they are away from her front yard, she labels them threat enough for her to find her wolves and force them out. 

“Not my problem,” is Thuringwethil’s only offer. He at least entertains the idea but what he does with his pack only concerns her if he doesn’t move. The question from the other wolf goes unanswered as she focuses on the new so-called leader. “As long as you steer clear of Drageda.” 

short post because it is late and i am tired.
Trigedasleng · Common
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
It was difficult not to laugh at the intimidating wolf, the idea of Depp snarling or trying to prove he was better than someone else made him want to throw himself onto the floor and laugh for days on end. He didn't mind that the eldest of them all was already keeping another pack in mind, and shrugged the idea away of him as a pack member. He was confused on why the dark girl was rude, what is the point of not helping another wolf stay away from your pack? It seemed rather contradictory, for if he couldn't find a better place he would be stuck close to her land, and it was obvious she didn't want that. 

"Whatever floats your boat, then, dear." He truly didn't mind moving, in fact he didn't have a care in the world. But with her lack of help, annoying her would be more than enjoyable to him. Refocusing on the more helpful male, he nodded his direction showing gratitude. "Thank you for sharing, instead of holding your tongue." 
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There was noise—voices, to be exact. It started with two, each a male but only one recognizable, and not nearly enough to summon her. As the conversation progressed, however, a third voice joined them. It belonged to a female, the overall sound being vaguely familiar. She had a suspicion of who it was, and that in itself was enough to lure her from whatever shadows she'd been lurking in. Eavesdropping was not something she took to doing often, but on the off chance she'd "accidentally" end up doing so, the information gained was never turned down. It seemed as if there was a chance they'd be moving, the idea alone leaving a sour taste in her mouth. To fight and risk her body being maimed was not something she'd ever do, but her arrogance caused quite the storm to brew within her chest. No matter, she kept her outwards appearance neutral, the only shift in her demeanor being the faint narrowing of her gaze; though this could hardly be deemed a threat, the look seeming to be nothing more than natural when combined with her features.

"A move?" the serpentine woman questioned, inserting herself into the conversation with ease. Her tone was smooth, unwavering despite the conflict going on within her regal frame. "I don't think that's necessary. There's plenty of space around these parts, plenty of opportunities." In truth, Sen did not mind a move. Traveling was naught a problem to her, nor was settling down somewhere else. Just as long as the location was habitable, she was fine. It was simply her coy nature rearing it's head, even if for only a brief moment, in an attempt to see everyone's cards. There was always more options than the obvious, she knew, and Sen was the type to sneak a peak at every one.

In light of Depp's words, Sen quirked a nonexistent eyebrow, silently wondering what it was he planned. Were they to move, or continue with the claim they were currently trying to make? She did not view her query—not yet, anyways—her attention instead moving to the other woman. She was curious, perhaps, of the type of reaction she might have in response to her companion's words.

I have no clue where I'm going with this lmao ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
edit; i shadow-posted. fixing this. fIXED
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
The man was growing increasingly annoyed with the lack of response to him, the small one in a cluster of giants. Maybe he was just too short? Bah, now that he looked closely, they were all younger than him. Even the newcomer didn't have the same kind of air he had about him - she was perfectly fine, about three years old as was he, but her body also betrayed her youth... by like one month. Or at least it seemed like one month, because Jim wasn't sure and Jim didn't give a hooting shit.

It was time for him to step in. "The prey will not sustain two packs, especially in Winter. It would be the best in the interests of all wolves to move, my dears." The voice was still mild but slightly harder now, enforcing Jim's will to be heard. He'd been ignored too long already. And while his face was still neutral, tone was still neutral, position was still neutral, he now put some authority in so that at least he would be heard.

"There is one pack here I know of, the aforementioned Drageda. A second would challenge the prey supply - this is not a particularly prominent hunting place so much as others are.."
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The way Depp speaks to her causes her spine to tingle. If she could make herself look bigger than she has, she would. Instead she remains stoic, her footing steel in her spot. She breaks her teeth to speak but holds her tongue once she's cut off and he, again, addresses the other. It is then she misses Seageda, the depth, her guards. She wouldn't be out this far without them; as much as she wants to rebuild her legacy, one step at a time is all she can take.

Another shows and slowly, Heda turns her head to see a familiar wolf. Dark eyes narrow, presented with foolish information. They hadn't scouted out well enough to know their new potential neighbors and are foolish enough to think they all can remain unaffected by what will transpire in the coming months. Their scents would drive off their prey, strangling one pack out over the other. Thuringwethil isn't going to let her wolves fight more for their lives than they already have to.

"You are encroaching on my hunting grounds, another pack will deter the herds," she tells them, swinging her head to the dark female. They've had their share of failures in the last few weeks; a threat of winter and the Phoenix wolves battling for their own survival. "You would starve your wolves just so you can have a rock to piss on?" she says more than asks, holding her gaze upon the dark female. If she hadn't shown up, she'd been satisfied enough with Depp's decision to find another territory. She'd return home and gather her wolves and, upon her return, hope to find it empty. Now, the threat lingers just a little longer.
Trigedasleng · Common
Savvy?
144 Posts
Ooc — Hannah
Now Depp did chuckle at her antics that time, and shared a smile of approval, wow could no one take a simple question of curiosity? Then again, it may not seem like such a thing to the others, seeing how she stated it. He knew her true feelings of moving, and understood this was just to get under her skin. He looked down at the smallest wolf, noticing him speaking a bit louder before and appearing more bold. He had acknowledged him earlier, thanking him for his input of Haunted Wood, and making a jest comment towards the youngest wolf in the process. Either way, he was being noticed by the only other male in the company of these wolves.

He didn't want to speak any further into moving plans in front of the strangers, not for his sake, but for Sen's. He took mind that she was reserved and assumed she didn't want random wolves knowing their plans for a pack, possibly becoming a rival of theirs. So he didn't comment on moving anymore, and would speak to his companion about the idea in private, where the others couldn't eavesdrop. Although it seemed likely they were to move to a better fit area, not wanting to starve his own pack, let alone two others.
Empress of Manipulation
348 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The woman spared the smallest of the group a single glance, silently acknowledging his words but not commenting on them. Any further comments on her part could possibly lead to an argument, and then that led to far worst things. She wasn't interested in any of it, really, thus she kept quiet. There was a hope that Depp might speak up instead, but when it was revealed that he planned to keep quiet, she dropped that notion immediately. To her, it seemed as if he was carefully planning his words prior to speaking, but then again, it was Depp. There was no way to tell what was going on within his mind, and that was a fact she'd started to become quite familiar with.

When the younger female began to speak once more, Sen's muzzle twitched. Immature as it was, she'd briefly slipped into her old ways, finding a great deal of amusement from the act of riling up another being. While the serpentine woman had noticed her doings, she did not correct herself. No, instead she'd chosen to hold the other's gaze, contemplating her next move. In the end, she'd offered a sharp shake of her head, the motion quick but it's meaning obvious enough. "Suppose I can't do that," she'd responded. "If we'd had a different idea in mind, it wouldn't be an issue, but the leaders of a sanctuary can't let their wards go hungry." Though spoken aloud and towards Thuringwethil, the words were primarily meant for herself and Depp. No more would be said on her part, if only because keeping her pride in check was hard enough already. Besides, further discussion would be meant only for her and her companion's ears, as they were the ones left to make the decisions where Seadog was concerned.
Notice: Sen's actions and words do not, in any way, reflect my OOC opinion.
Banned
19 Posts
Ooc — Kiir
Jim, attention demanding bastard that he was, was pleased to see his words finally having some effect. He did not smile, however, keeping the carefully neutral expression on his face. But the next words out of her mouth worried the male, who took note of her abrasive attitude. The scent of blood fast encroached upon his nostrils, memories from another time, another life. Inter-pack scuffles were never cause for celebration.

"You'd best keep track of your words, madam. Misunderstood phrases can lead to war." Here, Jim was referring very pointedly (but his voice somehow seemed to stay the same again) that the alpha had a whole pack to back her up. Not only that, they were new to the scene - alliances might have already been formed, plans to help each other in case Stuff Happened. This new pack would be the target of misery and the butt of any and all jokes going around. They had the disadvantage of being juniors, as well as only a potential pack.

Blood could be spilled. 

"If I may a moment after, ma'am," the ginger male called out to the young leader, a request to stay behind and talk a while.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The dark male doesn't speak up, which surprises her even if she hadn't directed her statement to him originally. Perhaps because he understands her words to be true and that he's putting their lives in danger. If Thuringwethil is able to get her words across without violence, she prefers, and his silence gives indication enough he might understand. It doesn't let her relax, either, putting herself between two—potentially three[/mdash]wolves. She knows her capabilities but between them, her chances were slim.

The female, on the other hand, takes a moment and eventually acknowledges her words to be true. She offers a slight nod of appreciation, stiff as it may be, before she takes a step back in retreat.

She glances toward the other, the sore thumb of the group with his agouti pattern, and holds his gaze for a moment. His request to speak to her verbally goes unanswered but acknowledging the request gives him the chance to follow if he so chooses. Thuringwethil gives one last fleeting look between the two dark wolves before she pivots, picks up a steady trot, and leaves them be. Her plans to return in a few days go unannounced as she takes the time on her trip back to figure out her plans.

Last post from me!
Trigedasleng · Common