Hoshor Plains R&R
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
All Welcome 
Pillman trotted into the Hoshor Plains; it reminded him of the fields of Wyoming, flat, bright, and if you were attacked you'd have a straight path in any direction to run, ah, so homey. He stopped momentarily to take in the scenery; it wasn't every day one could just sit down and take in a few breaths of the mild spring air. 

He inhaled for a moment and held it in. "Now this is what I call a field! just needs a few slight modifications and I'd be right at home." he plopped down onto the ground, perfect day to be lazy.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni was outside the pack lands again, intent upon further scouting missions. If she wanted to make herself useful to her pack, then she needed to work on her skills to be a contributing member, just like the rest of them. And if scouting was really what she had her heart set on, it meant she needed to start venturing out a little more, no matter how new the pack still was.

Assuming that the rest could handle themselves without her--besides, what really could she do in protecting the border anyway?--the lithe little wolf wandered north into the Hoshor Plains. The weather was brisk, a little chillier than she was used to, but the sunshine helped combat the cold. With spring beginning to take shape, she was sure it was going to warm up in no time at all. Mitanni was looking forward to it.

She hurried along, carrying herself in her typical relaxed posture, her lowered head and loose tail giving her figure a sort of arced shape. Amber eyes stared and shifted about as she traveled, making mental notes of the scenery and unique points.

One in particular stood out. Tall and dark, the stranger reminded her a lot of her pack mates who each possessed a similar coloration, and driven by her innate curiosity she strode closer. A little nervous--she always felt nervous when meeting others--Mitanni picked up on his overall happy expression and hoped it might stay. "Nice day for a nap in the sun," she commented conversationally, offering a wary smile as she kept some distance between, just for comfort's sake.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
Pilman was jsut about to drift into slumber, that was until the voice of a stranger woke him up. Flinching, the darkened jumped onto all fours, this was a nice surprise, just interrupt his beauty sleep why don't cha! Not like he needed it of course, he was the full package, in his own mind, sort of tall, dark, somewhat handsome more or less. He was... Average... Maybe even above average!

Breathing sporadically he tried to regain his composure to muster up a greeting. "H...Hi, you... You... YOU! Stay right there!" He called, rushing up to the female. This was the fastest he had ever ran, hopefully she wouldn't run, he just wanted to get a closer look at her, his eyesight was still dizzied as he hadn't eaten for weeks and this was his first day in this new land.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Oops. What she'd mistaken for a resting wolf was actually one well on his way into a nap, and he jumped about the second her voice hit the air. Her ears tipped back, a look of guilty apology dimming her easy expression, but she kept her amber eyes fixed on the startled wolf. Frightened animals were unpredictable at best, and she knew a frightened wolf would be even more so.

Her tail flicked against her haunches as she stood, waiting, but she didn't relax as he greeted her. The word was spoken breathlessly--probably from the scare she'd accidentally given him--and almost immediately he seemed to go fanatic. Already still, Mitanni froze further as the dark-hued wolf ordered her to stay, and as he rushed toward her she shrunk into a crouch. "What, what??" she asked panicked, flinching back as he got closer, "I'm not going anywhere!" Would that calm him down? She sure hoped so.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"Good! Stay right there!" His tngue hung out of his mouth, breath heavy, the distance between them was farther than he anticipated. He was a few feet in front of her until he tripped on a small stone protruding from the ground. The large wolf was sent tumbling to the ground, how? He didn't even know he was far too focused on the female. With an "oomf" and a few thuds he had rolled up to her front paws. 

His wiry tail swished His wiry tail swished across the Saiyan as he laid before the darker wolf. He looked up at her, and gulped. "H..Hi..." He got a toothy, goofy grin on his face. "H...How are you?" she was bigger than he had expected and in all honesty he forgot why he was charging at her, so there was no reaosn for them not to engage in a friendly chat, maybe she had  a pack... Oo or food!
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Oh man, what's he going to do? Mitanni fretted as she listened to the wolf's instructions and held her position, remaining perfectly still and fighting her instinct to bolt for her pack's border. Would he follow her if she tried to run all that way back? Would the border even make him stop, or would he possibly charge right in? All because I wanted to do a bit of scouting, she thought exasperatedly. Couldn't things just go nicely and not messily as they currently were?

He was practically sprinting across the distance between them, and when it seemed like he might collide with her the mottled black and brown wolf closed her eyes and braced for an impact. Only one didn't come. Instead, she heard the wolf stumble and fall, and by the time she opened her amber eyes again it was just in time to see him skid to a halt right atop her forepaws.

She blinked, wide-eyed and entirely stunned, into his grinning face, surprised to see that he was still in his full-friendly mode. Instinct pulled at her even harder to turn tail and run, but with him so close she couldn't think of moving and only tensed where she crouched, straining just slightly away from him. "I'd be better if you weren't laying on my paws," she answered tensely, very much unsure of how she was supposed to take his behavior. Was he simply overexcited and clumsy, or was there more to it than that?
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"Oh right!" He rolled off of her paws and stood on all fours. He shook his fur and let out a yawn. In all honesty, he was surprised she didn't run away. She just stayed when he told her to, that was new and strange, back home when he told someone to do something they'd just run or laugh at him. She actually stayed where he told her too... This was probably going to be a ton of fun, or she was insane and was buttering him up to take him down.

He tilted his head at her rather surprised expression, did he have an insect in his teeth... Gosh, he hated when that happened... He licked the top row of his teeth, nope no bugs...

"Sooo, what's a little lady like you doing all the way out here? Your pack might be worried sick. No wait, got any food? No, wait... Do you got a pack? I should have asked that first huh?! DO you want to be my friend? WE could hunt and fight stuff! No, wait..." he looked her over and stared directly into her eyes, his golden pools meeting her amber ones.

"You could be more than my friend!"
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni breathed a heavy sigh of relief when the dark-hued male rolled off of her feet and stood up on his own, taking a moment as he righted himself to back up a couple steps for her own comfort. He might have been fine with close contact, but she preferred a little distance at the very least, especially around wolves she didn't know.

She continued to fidget nervously, shifting her weight as he began to ramble and carry on a one-sided conversation. The questions he asked she would have answered, but as she opened her mouth to he simply continued on, leaving her without any room to comment or even question him in return. As much as she'd thought her idea to come out this way was bright when she'd left the pack lands, she was starting to reconsider it all now.

When the conversation jumped suddenly to a permanent relationship between them, however, she had to speak up. "Whoa, whoa, hold on," she cut in anxiously, her ears tucking fully against her head as she began to fidget even more noticeably. "I don't even have any friends yet." Well, maybe Malice and Esteban counted, if she was being honest with herself. "And no one's more than a friend." At least not yet. She hadn't had time to give thought to that, and with everything she had planned she wasn't sure when she would. "You're getting way ahead of yourself here."
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
He smiled and tilted his head; she was funny. "Ahead" if he were ahead of himself he wouldn't be able to talk. No head. She was silly, he, of course, didn't understand the term. 

"Sorry! Sorry!" He barked, wiry black tail wagging rampantly. It was hard not to get excited! She was his first acquaintance in this foreign land. "Maybe I can be your friend though!" he smiled warmly. He needed a buddy and she seemed PERFECT. 

"Do you know what's more than a friend? A best friend!" He beamed, she was so neat! "So what brings you out to this wonderful plain?"
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
She flinched again at his loud apology, and felt as if she was going to be perpetually surprised around him. Not even her blatant refusal to be more than his friend appeared enough to phase him. He still smiled and went on as if everything was perfectly fine, perfectly normal even. In Mitanni's eyes, it was anything but. He was friendly, she could give him that, but friendliness aside he was possibly one of the most confusing wolves she'd met in this region.

Best friend? Her amber eyes closed and the black and brown wolf released another heavy sigh. She'd had him all wrong. He wasn't looking to make her his mate or anything, he wanted a friend. I should have seen that coming. It all made sense now, at least kind of. His over-exuberance. His friendliness, his odd quirks. He'd finally found company and he was very obviously determined to keep that company around as long as he could.

"I was just wandering," Mitanni answered honestly, still wary and guarded though she felt she had a better understanding of the strange male now. "I like to wander, and this plain was close by." She thought a second about introducing herself, but decided to hold off. She was still too nervous to give away anything personal yet.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"Oh! I'm actually out here because I'm new to this land and all, plus this place reminded me of home wide and awesome." he gave her a cheesy grin. 

"Wandering is fun! Super nomadic!" he chimed, she was so awesome! Maybe she'll let him in her pack... Oooo maybe she's an alpha. "Any questions for me? And do you have any food to spare? Ha tat's a personal question sorry!"

He smiled at her, maybe she'd be his buddy... She seemed friendly of course.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
So he was new to the region too. That was just another explanation for his odd behavior, and added more significance to his apparent habit of latching  on to the first wolf he met. First nice wolf, she corrected herself, wondering then if he'd only had unpleasant, disappointing interactions so far. 

He thought highly of her wandering habit, but Mitanni couldn't determine how to respond. Yeah, wandering was fun and all, but it didn't feel as productive as fighting or hunting did, only the second of which she showed any sort of inclination for. She hoped acting as part of her pack would help her figure out her true calling faster. 

Never lacking something to say, the chatty male left himself wide open to questioning, and Mitanni was hard pressed to pick just one to start with. She fidgeted again and tilted her head a little to the side, her innate curiosity peeking through her unease. "How 'bout we start with your name?" she asked hesitantly. It seemed as good a place as any to start.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"My Name? Why fair maiden that is far too easy of a request! I am no other than Pilman the first heir to the Wyoming throne of excellence, first son of two rogue wolves." HE declared with pride in his voice; it wasn't the most impressive title, but it was his, and he wanted to OWN it AND show it off. "Now maiden what be thine proper name so I may radiate in its beauty as I ought to have done yours!"
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
The simple question was answered with a sudden change in eloquence, and Mitanni blinked her amber eyes as she realized it. From casual goof to regal knight, the male named himself as Pilman, born of rogues and hailing from someplace known as Wyoming. She hadn't heard of it before and so had no idea where exactly it was, but she did have an idea of what it was like. He'd mentioned its resemblance to the Hoshor Plains already.

Even without knowing her name, he called it beautiful, and uncertainly the mottled female muttered her own. "Mitanni," she answered, hesitating a little over the word and choosing to leave out her surname. "It's nice to meet you." I think. It had been an interesting experience so far, and if she was being honest with herself she was admittedly a bit nervous where it would go from here. He seemed unpredictable at best, changing tactics as he went, and she couldn't follow any of it. It made her uneasy, and she hoped she wasn't in any sort of precarious situation because of it.

With the floor open for further questions, she quickly cycled through the ready ones inside of her head and picked one at random. "You're new, huh? Guess you haven't seen much of this place yet?" She doubted she would be able to get any useful information out of him regarding the new region, which even she was still getting used to, but it didn't hurt to ask.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"i am new to this landeth and i hast not seen much, haply a rocketh 'r two, a tiny f'rest but nay prey Maiden." He admitted, sitting down. 

"But ye should be fine, lass. I be fine only see you arg!" He now spoke in a sea salty accent, like a pirate. "Drop anchor and give me another questionairrrrrrg."
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
The wolf sat, changing his speech pattern again to the point it almost sounded like a riddle to the mottled brown wolf. Were there really creatures out there who used such a dated dialect? She couldn't recall hearing anyone speak in this way before, and she wasn't at all sure how they did it. But from what she could gather he didn't know much about the land, nor had he had much luck finding food either.

Pilman's curious accent changed yet again, and Mitanni wondered if he wasn't cycling through different impressions that he was working on. This one sounded distinctly pirate, and she really did begin to question remaining here. This is going weirder than I'd expected it to, she thought unhappily, though she really hadn't been hoping for anything weird at all. 

And now he wanted another question. "Is there something wrong?" Mitanni asked, confused and very put off by the odd behavior of the wolf sitting across from her. He might have resembled all of her pack mates with his dark fur and gold eyes, but that was clearly where the resemblance stopped.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"Ah that's enough of that..." He shook his fur, he couldn't help being a weirdo... But he liked to stay unpredictable.. Give little to the imagination. 

"I'm fine! Just hungry, and lonely..." He sniffled lightly, eyes full or sorrow. "Oh could you pleeeeeaze help me fix that? IF you have a pack, I.. I could join and they might like me!" he plopped down onto the ground and looked up at her with big soulful eyes, mustering as much sadness into them that he could. 

"N...Next question..."
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni stared at the wolf, puzzled even as he appeared to drop his exaggerated act and calmed himself down with a shake. Had it been all an act? She could hardly tell anymore, and it made her nervous to think that he could be so unpredictable from one second to the next. A little bit of unpredictability could be dealt with, but this was simply too much for her to manage.

He reiterated for a second time that he was hungry, and the mottled brown wolf wasn't sure she liked hearing it. If he couldn't keep himself fed, how was he going to contribute to the pack? Even with winter very recently beginning to retreat, there had still been food around for the picking. Is it just laziness, Mitanni wondered, lack of skill, or was prey really that hard to come by?

She couldn't pick an answer, nor did she need to. In true Pilman fashion--at least as far as she'd been able to gather during their rather one-sided conversation--he continued to talk. That he seemed so adamant she help him find a pack was concerning, for a few reasons, but so far she hadn't seen enough to convince her she should help.

It did, however, make choosing a next question very easy. "Why should I bring you back to my pack?" she asked, skeptically narrowing her amber eyes. If he wanted her to vouch for him, he was going to have to prove he would be valuable.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"Heh heh." He chuckled, maybe she had caught on to his little loose canon act... Even though it wasn't much of an act in all honesty.. He was legitimately a loose canon. 

"I'll tell the truth, I want to join your pack... Because i think you are soooooo cute and we could be best pals!" he coed. 

"I can hunt, but nothing beats meals with friends."
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
Mitanni continued to stare incredulously at the golden-eyed male, fidgeting where she stood. She was getting a restless, uncomfortable sensation in her legs now, urging her to turn tail and run for the Phantom Hollow. As long as she reached the pack's border before Pilman did, she'd be fine. Her pack would be there to back her up and she'd be done with this confusing, nerve-wracking interaction. But would she really?

Worried, she listened as he spoke of honesty, the true reason he wished her to bring him to her pack, and it only flustered her more. Cute? You don't even know me! She wanted to yell the words at him, to drive the concept of subtlety and charisma into his head, but she was so dumbstruck she couldn't. Her amber eyes went wide, her brow furrowed, and a panic-stricken look crossed her face.

"I am not cute," she insisted, "and you need to stop with that talk." How was she supposed to bring someone back to the pack if they kept talking like this? She didn't want someone around the pack that talked like that. She didn't even want someone around talking like that now. Ears pinning to her head, she backed a step away from Pilman. "I don't know if you've been alone too long or what, but you need to rethink your approach." That sort of thing might have worked on someone inclined to rash, instant affection, but she was definitely not that type.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
"I'm just pulling your leg doll face! Sheesh..." Pilman let out a yawn and turned his back to the female. "There's a storm comin' I think. I better go find some food. 

The larger wolf laughed, and shook himself once more, sure had the shakes today, with a thump he fell on the floor and snored aloud, well pretended to snore anyway. The female was probably tired of his shtick so he'd let her go easy no biggie.
The Inquisitor
228 Posts
Ooc — Sable
It was near impossible to tell anymore where Pilman was acting and where he wasn't. She'd never met anyone who changed moods, manners, and temperaments as much as this wolf did, nor was she in a rush to meet another. In all honesty, she was eager to get back to the Phantom Hollow and all its dark shadows, even if they still spooked her a bit.

As he turned his back on her, Mitanni stayed perfectly still, nervously awaiting what he would do or say next. He surprised her by excusing himself with the excuse of finding a meal before an impending storm--though with as much as he'd been talking about food she wasn't sure if he'd actually succeed.

That at least wasn't her problem, and as he instead flopped upon the ground and immediately feigned sleep, the lithe little wolf realized she had her moment. She could get away now without issue while he slept, or pretended to sleep, and that would be the end of it. She backed up a step, another, creeping away, and quietly spun around to run back home.

Thanks for the interesting thread.
14 Posts
Ooc — Tom
[ooc] yeah yeaaaaah I'm great right? [/scroll]

Light snores were all that came out of Pilman's mouth.