Chimera Fields nymphetamine
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
maybe @Chaol or @Tachyon? <3

the sonorous buzzing of flighted bees heeded the progress of the wolf through their midst -- weighted as they were with the tender nectar of newly minted spring flowers, they did not move to sting the druid, nor did he pretend to snap playfully at the trill of their gossamer wings. he merely moved in somnolent thought, though from time to time a flash of brilliant and fresh colour caught his eye, moving him from the ennui of his mortal comtemplations.

but lasher was silent, and his delight was gone from him. perhaps it was a mere husk that wandered the fields that day, along the edge of the jagged tear rent in the earth by the wrath of the earthen spirits.
and i hope that kindness comes your way
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
among the gnarled bent of blackened briarwood the fleetest sign of a timid hare emerged, doe-eyed with flared and twitching nostrils. the pale-smoke wolf watched the thing silently, his golden eyes rung with hungry intensity. he would have made his move were it not for the wind that moved against him, turning away from his favor and alerting the hare of his location. there was a snap and a scuttle and the hare was rapidly gone -- and tachyon's stomach remained empty.

unhappy with his lack of progress but not at all permanently dismayed, the wolf turned towards the broad meadow where the donnelaith wolves often congregated. as he tread between the fresh-born flowers and their bright faces he saw lasher ahead, undisturbed by the mire of resonant bees between them. tachyon was not so brave -- he picked a path that suggested a strange aversion to the honey-laden insects, and with a smile no less cheery than the flowers besides him he approached slowly and licked his alpha's cheek in submissive greeting. he had noted the male seemed behest by silent thoughts, and unwilling to disturb his alpha's mind tachyon made no mention of his observance.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
mild powerplay/cameos of tachyon welcome (especially donnelaith members)
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
it was the brush of the other's lips that brought him more fully aware; lasher turned muzzily to nudge the line of tachyon's jaw, though he spoke not. it was not a time for words. the other male was a quiet sort -- he above all others would appreciate the silence of their interlude. and so he moved in silence at a lazy clip beside his subordinate, warming to the occasion. perhaps they would hunt, or merely enjoy the quietude of one another's company.

truly was the other distracted; taltos had not let his gaze sweep with lingering appreciation upon the soft, handsome features of the male, the gentle flit of his lashes, the grace of his limbs. no -- the druid kept his eyes fixed upon the field before them and was still.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
the somber mood that defied the lightly busy hub-bub of excited spring caused a ripple of concern in tachyon - his golden gaze never betrayed his doubt, yet as he walked alongside the alpha his gait was troubled by hesitance. unwilling to break stride or pull ahead he maintained a slow clip behind the umber druid, silent save for the crunch of twigs beneath his paws or the stifled brush of his hips moving against flank. he would not speak out of turn -- in respect to the solemnity that rolled out from lasher like a heady fog tachyon brought his nose to the ground and silently investigated the sundry scents about them.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
they were silent, driven by lasher's mood; presently he attempted to lighten himself and turned his swamp-gaze upon the loyal man at his side. "how have you fared here?" two of his three daughters had taken an interest in the man -- eilidh did so in a surprisingly romantic way, while little deirdre seemed fascinated by him. lasher had not heard tachyon's true self emanate from his words -- he wished to hear it now, and encouraged his packmate with a small smile.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
as the two walked tachyon felt a limberness return to him -- the honeyed pasture brought out a forgotten sense of play in the male. his gaze turned to his leader in surprise as he queried him -- all the same, he was happy to oblige his leader's question. "it's wonderful." he breathed; and it was true - he felt he belonged in donnelaith just as much as the tall spires that marked its borders. while the sting of lusca's absence was still sharp, he found himself mourning her less these days -- and on days he felt logged by her disappearance he had tackled any task or chore he was able to keep his mind from wandering. "i'm so lucky to be here." he admitted without pause, the gratitude flush in his voice as the two leisurely continued their walk.
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
the joy in the other's words was apparent -- lasher found his grimness receding under the pleasant lap of tachyon's reined delight. a smile soon spread over his own face -- for the time being, his dark mood had been dispelled, and it was apparent even in the renewed vim of his gait. perhaps tachyon and his exuberance had been the proverbial medicine taltos needed in this moment. "you command the attention of my daughters," he murmured wryly; the little witches adored this man, and eilidh seemed rather smitten with him as well.
162 Posts
Ooc — L2D2
while others may have steeled there composure, in tachyon his words rang true down to the heartfelt skip of his gait. lasher smiled and tachyon could not help the grin (however idiotic) that stole across his muzzle. it seemed the pall that choked lasher in silent cheerlessness had receded, and he looked as if he had been renewed by some hidden vigor. the mention of lasher's daughters caused a stirring in tachyon -- not of attraction, but adoration. tachyon's tail waved lowly, though excitedly in response and he sought the man's cheek briefly before issuing a laughing rejoinder: "nay, it is they that command me. i am but the denkeep, the sitter -- they call the shots."
#brutalmode
currently weak health
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
tachyon laughed and it sparked the same in lasher; his plume waved affably, and while he nodded that his little ones were determined indeed, teasingly adding, "this is true! they have found quite a faithful servant in you," it was not only emaleth and deirdre of which he spoke.

but he would not betray his daughter's confidences. taltos carried on with his pace for a time, thinking of what to add. "upon the coastline is a pack in a grotto. a friend of mine rules there. have you been near it?" they talked for some time longer before turning back toward the forest, lasher in a fine humour, spirits lifted by tachyon's nearness.