The Sentinels All I know are sad songs
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Private 
cue the bearer of bad news. curious to see reactions

In what some would call the most independent moments of her life, Aria had gone and done a number of things. These 'things' included murdering, losing her virginity, being kidnapped, and falling in love. Most recently, she'd had a brief feminist rant with her newest friend Pearl, and decided to ward off love- replacing it with lust after a steamy encounter with a handsome silver-fox. Old habits die hard though, and despite her best efforts to be nothing more than friends with Casmir, she believed she had chased him off. He'd left. 

The girl was heartbroken and confused, unsure of what she had done right and what she had done wrong. She was only trying to grow up, to be mature- and she felt that that started by leaving behind her child-like antics and falling in love. She now felt she needed to seek out James, the strange wolf she'd found by the sea- or even Lasher, once again- to fill a void that she wasn't sure what to do with. Perhaps she just needed space.

But Casmir had left, and he had asked her to tell the others- Aria was only telling his family though, unsure of who was really close with him otherwise. Now, she stood where Casmir had left her, unmoving since her brief attempt to stop him. The girl let out a howl, signaling for @Lasher, @Blue Willow, and @Eilidh to come quickly; it was urgent.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue Willow moved forward and stared at the girl thta had called her. They weren't far from where she was, so Blue had made it in time. She stared at her curiously waiting for the news. Blue knew well of the girls lust filled encounter with her own mate, but she had ignored it thus far. As long as he  came home to her at night, she didn't really care.

you called Aria? Blue stood still, her green eyes assessing and open. Her tail curled above her back, but not overtly so. she was simply waiting.
Hello Everyone. It's been forever.
i gave until my soul hurt
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Eilidh had yet again been so consumed with the pack and growing her medicine garden that she'd failed to see the signs of pending peril. She was digging up some moss at the base of a tree when Aria's howl reached her ears. Covered in dirt and panting, the young apprentice left the moss and trotted to meet Aria. Her pace quickened as she felt the urgency in the tone, and when she arrived to see Aria and her mother, Eilidh's eyes had a slight manic look to them. Something was wrong, she could feel it, but she didn't know what yet. So she waited silently, giving her mother a kiss and Aria a nod, before she stopped moving, hoping to draw strength from the earth to still her wildly beating heart.
Trades
Caregiver (5/5) / Medic (1/10)
Naturalist (0/5) / Botanist (0/10)
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Ebony has been busy lately so I feel it's OK to skip Lasher on this thread. (: feel free to PM me if you think I should keep waiting!

Two arrived. Aria waited silently, not answering Blue Willow when she spoke, for the proud figure of her secret lover. She'd never tell his mate, or anyone for that matter, but she held him close to her heart and wished he would've came when she'd called. But he didn't. Perhaps he was too far out of range, or perhaps he had somehow known already. She wasn't sure, but she finally gave up waiting and looked to the other with a darkened pair of icy eyes.

"Casmir has left," she murmured sadly, a lump stuck at the base of her throat. "He asked that I tell you," she finished quietly, softly. Her voice cracked with uncertainty the whole time, as if she wanted to hear words that reassured her that she was wrong. But no one could, only Casmir could, and he had left. 
i was born to the witch boleyn
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
sorry!

lasher arrived to hear the beginning of aria's words, gathered as she was with his mate and daughter. casmir. pain flared in the druid's eyes; his gaze found the ground as a muscle leapt along his cheek. so he was bereft of sons; they had gone out into the world. "did he say anything else?" he asked of aria, eyes finding the saddened gaze of his young lover.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Skipping Blue Willow.

The news hit her like a ton of bricks. Literally. Eilidh's stance stumbled, and she collapsed to her hind legs, a pained whine rattling through her chest and out into the world. Had their conversation done nothing to sate him? To slay his pain? Eilidh closed her eyes and felt hot tears well under her lids, and let them slide down her cheeks, a persistent whine escaping her. If her eyes had been open, she might have seen the look her father gave Aria, but as she was hiding within herself, she didn't see it. Didn't know the betrayal she would feel at knowing her father strayed from her mother. She did hear his question, however, and waited for the heart-breaking answer to fall.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Lasher arrived, and relief flooded the girl notably. She missed Casmir, and longed for the embrace of her alpha-- but she refrained, for Eilidh and Blue Willow's sake, mostly. She shook her head, "Only that he loves you all..." she murmured. The girl stepped from Lasher, the only thing she could think to do to keep from running into his arms, and towards Eilidh, nuzzling her cheek with as much comfort as she could muster up. "I'm sorry... I tried to keep him but..." she trailed off. But what? She had no answers.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
his daughter's pain intensified that of his own soul -- lasher sighed wearily as aria coddled the young healer, turning to glance into his mate's horrified eyes. "he will find his own way," the druid murmured. "perhaps," he went on, though it tore at his spirit, "perhaps he needed such time away, to find himself." 

claustrophobic suddenly, taltos fought the urge to move away from the feminine trio -- he stood firm in the dying light of their hopes for casmir.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
She felt Aria move forward, and opened to her eyes to the girl's tender touch. Her heart fluttered wildly in her chest, feelings of love and loss warring within. How dare her brother leave her? She was now the only child left of her litter, and her heart threatened to break at the thought. She whined again and leaned against Aria, offering her friend support as much as taking it. Her ears flicked toward her father as he spoke, but she offered no words in return, not trusting her voice to speak brave and true.
Trades
845 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
"I guess," Aria muttered, and leaned into Eilidh quietly. She would not speak again, even if asked a question. She enjoyed the comfort of Eilidh, and offered as much to her as she could.

short! last from me (:
1,707 Posts
Ooc — ebony
last from me!

their grief was too much, but lasher forced himself forward. "come, all of you. let us return to the heart of the territory. our lives shall go on." 

and he led them.
315 Posts
Ooc — Ash
Me too!

Eilidh leaned more firmly into Aria's touch, and tucked her nose into the girl's chin. A warmth spread in her body at that touch, and if her mind hadn't been clouded with fear and grief, she might have wondered at its origin. But she was distracted, and when her father bade them follow, Eilidh untangled herself from the other girl and followed, dutiful as ever.
Trades