Phoenix Maplewood a lesson in love
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
All Welcome 
Shreya is giving out lessons! This one is intended to be about attraction and breeding~ ^__^

As dusk blanketed itself lightly over the great forest, Shreya let up a familiar howl. It was soft and unassuming, neither urgent nor random, and had a simple message: "I have lessons to teach." Tonight, thanks to a theme that had been running through the woodland of late, the old lady had in her mind a lesson on the ways of love and loins.
My heart connects with everyone on it's own. When they pull, it hurts.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Let's put Esaro in this!

Esaro had managed to catch a duck that had trouble flying. It had looked like someone else had tried to catch it but failed. Still it was quick on ground but he was able to keep up with it. Before he enjoy his spoils a familiar howl was sounded. He recognized and decided to head on over there with the duck. Another lesson from Shreya would likely be very rewarding. Maybe she'll teach him all about herbs and plants and other things he could use.

It didn't take long to reach the old wise wolf. Once he was there in sight he approached until there was two meters between. He put down the duck and greeted cheerfully. "Hey Shreya! Are you going to teach more about all the plants we can use?" He tailed wagged excitedly. Knowing more was always better, especially for him!
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace was close to the howl as the sunlight began to disperse, perking her black faded ears curiously. She'd socialized with a few other wolves in Phoenix so far, and it seemed to be getting easier to the yearling. So, with a deep, steadying breath, Grace limped carefully towards the wise old teacher. Little did she know this might be a very important lesson for the young one, help her understand behavior a little bit better. Anxiety fluttered in her belly as Shreya's scent grew closer, and she could see the silver and grey female through the trees. Peeking just her shoulders and head out to look at the female and the male that had joined her, the russet female struggled to push herself to walk further. Eventually, she half-slunk from her place and half-stalked as if to try and hide her bad leg. Her golden eyes watched the two carefully, nervously but she was keeping her fur slick and ears perked in her best, if obvious, efforts to be friendly. She hoped, by now, the scent of the maplewood in her fur was evident enough of having a place in the pack. As she looked at the female, she was distinctly reminded of Nova: the elderly she-wolf who had found Grace after her leg was injured, healed her and sent her to join a pack. Though she hadn't known her but a few months, Nova had been the only wolf she'd ever called "friend" so far in her year of life.
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
\o/

She didn't have to wait long for two young ones to answer her academic summons. First there was Esaro... natch. And bearing duck, no less. Then there was a girl who looked like she'd been torn to shreds and put back together again. Shreya had seen ugly things before (e.g. she'd seen her own reflection), so was unstirred by her appearance. Not quite, Esaro, she said with a smile. Come to join us, hm? What's your name? she added nicely to the newcomer.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro tilted his head when Shreya hinted that the lesson wasn't going to about herbs. He was a little confused and was just about to ask until a new member he hasn't met showed up. The number of scars the female had was impressive and intimidating. None of it looked like recent injuries but he really wondered what had happend to her. It really gave the impression that the female had a rough time before, very likely worse than Esaro.

After her name was asked he decided to pick up the duck and carry it over to the new female and dropped it in front of her. "Here, you can have this. It's a welcome gift for you." He said with a friendly smile. The duck became a gift the moment he saw her, he didn't really have other plans beside either eating it or sharing. He wanted the female to feel welcome and show her that this was a good place to be. "Like Shreya said, I'm Esaro and I'm happy to meet you." Then he turned towards Shreya, giving her a curious look. "So what are you going teach us?" He was out of guesses, he doubted that the old wolf would teach about fighting so what else was there that she could teach?
She Made Broken Look Beautiful & Strong Look Invincible. She Walked With The Universe On Her Shoulders & Made It Look Like A Pair Of Wings.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace tried to stay calm, but Esaro's presence rattled her. Males, in general, made her nervous; not that many could blame her. The little yearling knew nothing of males being kind. Shreya's calmness seemed to draw her in despite of Esaro, even when the male came towards her. Her fur bristled in fear briefly and Grace forced herself not only to lay it flat but keep herself from bolting, only taking a slight step back. She had to keep telling herself over and over that he wouldn't hurt her, that she wasn't with her family. She managed a shaky smile at the two, speaking as clearly as she could around her obvious fear. Much different than her ragged, scar-laden pelt hinted. 
     "I-I'm Grace. I h-heard you call and.... Well, you s-sounded like you expected someone to come. I guess I t-thought I could make a new friend, m-maybe...."
The russet she-wolf decided to shut her mouth then, feeling as though she was embarrassing herself through a lack of words. Shreya called, she didnt need an explanation as to why she was here. She watched Esaro drop his duck, keeping her golden eyes on him though they seemed more calm. Her brow furrowed in confusion, however. Why would he give her his hunt? Surely he'd worked hard, why give it to a stranger? Regardless of not understanding, the gesture conveyed just what Esaro had wanted: Safe. No hostile wolf would give away his prey, right? She was further convinced of this when he turned his attention from her to the older she-wolf before them. Grace felt her muscles unwind a bit, ready to listen to Shreya's lesson and make new friends. She'd noted their interest in the scars, but appreciated that they didn't seem to really mind. It wasn't the questions she feared, just the judgement. She would likely open up eventually, once she found someone she thought was worth it. Maybe that would be tonight?
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Esaro is so adorable I can't

She watched the little scene play out, and noted quietly how different this was to her last class. Spring was a bit like Esaro in a few small regards, but there was certainly no Tavi here (and, given what she knew of the girl, there would probably never be a Tavi here again).

Shreya was all mind, but that didn't mean she was no heart — she was pretty damn warmed by Esaro's gesture, especially given how shy and uncertain the girl seemed. This was going to be one hell of a lesson.

We'll be your friends, won't we lad, she sought inevitable confirmation from Esaro. Though I'm really more of a teacher. With that in mind, what I thought might be a good lesson today, given the season, is the nature of attraction and breeding.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
  :3

Esaro nodded, agreeing with Shreya. "Yes, because having friends will always make you happier. I know that for sure." He said, giving Grace another friendly smile. The one thing he learned over his bad experience was that he had lost all his happiness in one go after his own pack turned against each other. Ever since he made new friends here in Phoenix he became much happier once again. He was more willing to learn, he was starting to be more responsible. Over time he has grown to be more confident, he knew what he wanted and was determined to make it a reality. The first step always began by making friends.

The teacher's lesson was going to be about the nature of attraction and breeding. For while he was trying to figure out what it was all about. All he had was a vague idea. The only thing he knew for sure was that the females where the one who brought puppies to the world. He got the idea that it required a male somewhere but other than that everything was vague. However the subject wasn't something he was too familiar with so he was just eager to learn. He decided to ask a question to make sure he was thinking of the right thing. "Does that mean you are going to teach us how wolves get puppies inside them?" He paused for a little moment before commenting on it. "I've always wondered about that."

Esaro sat down and start thinking but he really couldn't figure out anything. He was still very curious and was ready to hear what Shreya will be saying about it. Esaro gave an eager look at the old wolf. He was ready to listen and try to understand. This might be the day where he solves a mystery!
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace settled herself enough to lie beside Esaro, though keeping a foot or two between them. She still wasn't sure how to handle receiving the duck, leaving it to sit by her haunch as she readied herself to listen. Breeding? Puppies? The yearling was unsure of why this lesson would be important, but she knew better than to leave; plus, she would surely understand later. She'd never wondered much of puppies and love and breeding, only knew that her father was very, very bad to her mother. She'd settled to herself that she wouldn't ever take a mate, merely because she thought THAT was how love worked. She never understood the harshness, or why any female would want to take a violent wolf as a mate. Or was it the love that made good wolves like Esaro mean? Obviously this lesson was for the purpose of clarifying such things, though Grace thought she expected to have some idea: she was about to realize how wrong she was.
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
While the young pair gave her their full attention, Shreya sat and faced them, at equidistance from them both. Feel free to eat while I'm talking, she said to Grace, though half-guessed that the girl might be too nervous to do so. I don't find it rude. Shreya was a very honest woman, so in saying this she wasn't simply being polite.

Yes, I'll tell you how female wolves get puppies inside them, she confirmed with Esaro, half-feeling that the whole damn pack should turn out for this lecture if she'd so easily found two adults who didn't know about their own bits and how they worked. There is only one way for a female to become pregnant with puppies, and it's through a physical act that has a few names you may have heard: mainly 'breeding' or 'sex'. If a male and a female breed, she might become pregnant. It was basic, but she had to establish their knowledge base first.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro didn't mind if Grace wanted to eat during the lesson. The duck was hers now she could do what she wanted with it. Now his attention was fully on the lesson. It was already confirmed that it's the females who got pregnant so any thoughts that made him believe males could get pregnant too vanished quickly. With the use of his logic he did figure that out enough to be somewhat sure. The only thing he wasn't sure at all was how females got pregnant. The best idea he got was that males were the ones to cause it, as for the rest he was pretty much clueless. Maybe he would have figured it out completely if his instincts had taken over but that never happend.

Of course Esaro had never heard of those words she said. He understood that it was a physical contact but with just that knowledge he started to worry if he had make that contact with Lunar Eclipse by accident. Feeling that he might have done something wrong he started to speak a little nervously. "I fell on Luna once. She was on her back and I was on top. But it really was an accident, I mean I didn't move off her right away because I was trying to clean her injury.." He was rushing the details, he didn't want to believe he might have gotten her pregnant. "I didn't mean for that to happen.." He said as he started to feel ashamed of himself
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace smiled a little, but didnt touch the duck. She was a little too nervous, especially since she couldn't share something as small as a duck, and still left it where it was. She listened intently to Shreya, tipping her head and blinking her golden eyes a few times. She knew that much, but still kept her attention locked on Shreya, sure she was going to learn more. Listening to Esaro's story, her eyes went wide. Had Esaro gotten Luna pregnant? No, she'd seen Luna before she left. She didn't have pups with her or in her, right? There hadn't been a milk scent, after all. Perhaps she had, and they were just grown? Again, shooting down her own idea, she realized they werre probably too young to have fully grown pups. So he hadn't gotten her pregnant? The confusion and nervousness clear on her face made it obvious that she, too, had no idea what mating really was.
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Shreya was adapting her teaching method per class, and with Esaro present that meant that everything had to be very straightforward. It was possible Grace was on the same level, but they would find out soon enough.

No, breeding is a very specific act, she explained to Esaro, whose dick probably hadn't fallen into a passer-by. It can only be done on purpose. To breed, a male must mount a female and insert his penis — the appendage between his legs — into her vagina, a hole below her backside. That, for pity's sake, was an important detail. The male then must thrust his hips until he spills a special liquid inside her — not urine. Yep, another important detail. This liquid is known as seed, and if the male and female are at least two years of age, it's the seed within her that can grow into puppies. It may sound like a lot to remember, but take my word for it — this all comes naturally when the time is right. It's good to know how all this works, but you'll find, one day, that it all happens quite instinctively. Sex, after all, is the most natural thing in the world.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
Esaro was glad to know that what he accidentally done wasn't what it took to get someone pregnant. That was one thing less to worry about but the next question was by what act did a female get pregnant by. Shreya began to explain and Esaro listened closely, he really want to know how it was all done and was eager to learn it all. If he understood what it took then it would make preventing it much easier, he would also need to tell Casmir about it.

A male had to mount and insert his penis into a vagina? As clear as it sounded he didn't understand so well. He glanced at Grace for a moment as he tried to imagine the act with her but he couldn't get a good image. A hole below the backside? He wanted to ask if he could look to make sure he knew exactly what it was. it's possible that he had noticed it before but never recognized it. He did know the obvious different between male and female. The females didn't have what he had between the legs. He while seated he looked at his gear, but with the way it currently was he found it hard to believe it could be inserted anywhere. He looked at Grace once more and came up with the conclusion that it was simply impossible.

From what Shreya said, something else comes out that isn't urine but only if he thrust as long as his penis was inside. But seeing what he has completely discouraged him. He looked at Shreya sadly, he clearly didn't have the right gear for it. He felt like a defective male that could never have puppies even if he tried. He spoke with disappointment in his voice "I think there is a problem with mine, there is no way I'd be able to do it with this." He sighed. "I guess there really is no way for me to be like all the other males." It didn't matter what instinct could do. As long as he didn't have the right equipment it was impossible no matter how hard he would try.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
As Grace listened, her eyes grew wider and wider. Do what now!? She glanced over at Esaro, his confusion mirroring in her golden eyes. She knew very well about their areas, but nothing about this "seed" or "sex". A male had to get on top of her? She didn't like the sound of that. She barely liked being in the presence of a male. 
             "Liquid? We all grew from liquid?"
The poor russet yearling looked quite concerned. She tried to imagine her parents doing such a thing and just couldn't. She'd never once in her 9 months of life seen her father be anything but aggressive towards her mother. It just made no sense to her. Little did she know that one day, when her hormones kicked in, she would more than likely do such things.
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
It was lucky that Shreya was old and ugly — she didn't want Esaro looking at her the way the silly chap was now looking at Grace, who would be a very pretty thing if she wasn't blanketed in scars.

It wasn't clear what Esaro was referring to, but she could make a guess. Even a very little penis can spill seed and create puppies, she reassured him. When your body is ready to breed with a girl, your appendage will get harder and bigger, so much more comfortable for insertion. But Esaro, she progressed, while we're talking candidly about sex right now because this is a teaching session, the world is a prudish place — most wolves would be shocked if you started talking about your bits. Keep that in mind for the future.

As for Grace's question, which was a little more philosophical, Shreya nodded. Yes, everything starts out very tiny. The biology of the male and the female work together, taking root in the female's womb. That's where her vagina leads. The puppies grow in there over three months or so — when you look at a pregnant female's big belly, you're looking at the shapes of the puppies in her womb.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
He looked at Grace when she asked her question. He never thought of wondering about that until now. Using the words 'seed' and 'root' gave him the impression of being a plant, except it wasn't the case. As Shreya explained that a puppy grew from that he started to feel a little happy that he wasn't female. He was kind of scared of the idea of wolves growing inside of him, it felt like something could easily go wrong. Three months was a bit long, he wondered if females suffered during that time. If they did then there was no way he would be willing to put any female through that.

As for his problem it looked like that it wasn't permanent. There was the possibility that his body just wasn't ready for breeding yet, except being as old as he is it felt like he just didn't do something he was suppose to do. Esaro didn't like the idea that he wasn't ready yet, he's been working hard on improving himself in everything. Even if sex was never his intention he always wants to be ready. Since it was his own body that needed work on he wanted to know what he needed to do to be ready, how else could he be like other males? Before saying anything Shreya went on saying that it usually shocking for wolves to talk about their sexual gear. That would likely explain why no one ever talks about it. As he sat he wiggled a little bit in place, he did want to talk about it with others so he could learn more.

Esaro's own body was likely to stay oblivious unless there was a strong force in mind or a simple touch, currently he wasn't aroused but it's not like it never happend before. He either didn't realize it or ignored it. Since he didn't know it was a temporary mode, he believed that he needed to so some kind of training in order for him to be ready. So he asked "What would I need to do to be ready? There has to be something I could do to catch up with other males." Then staying on the question he turned to towards Grace. "Do females have to train too?"
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace could not help but look over at Esaro as she explained, trying to work out how he could... Well, be IN a female. She knew what area Shreya meant, there was no confusion on their bits. It just seemed so utterly ridiculous. Even so, she believed the information and the old she-wolf that gave it. Why bother giving false information? It was clear this lesson was for their own good, even if she couldn't understand just yet. When Shreya brought up seeing the puppies in the mother, her mind went to their alpha though she couldn't imagine her doing such an activity either. 
          "Like Saena? She and Reek did the sex thing, right? So the seed grew and now she's a mama."
She gazed at Shreya with her round golden eyes, as if waiting for a confirmation. When the notion of training came up, the russet yearling began to worry. Thank goodness she didnt share Esaro's wonderings of pain, for that surely would put her off of such things. 
             "Training? We need to TRAIN for this?"
Her voice grew high and shrill, pelt spiking out in nervous clumps. She was never told about any training she would need, surely her mother or Nova would have covered that? Or perhaps they hadn't told her because she was too young to mate?
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
You don't have to train for it, she soothed the pair calmly the moment they both started worrying about the whole idea. As I said, breeding is the most natural thing in the world. It may seem strange and disconcerting as we talk about it, but when it happens you won't be thinking about all this — you'll just follow your instinct. When a thirsty wolf is thirsty and sees a clean river, it drinks. When a sexually mature wolf is ready to have puppies with its mate, it breeds.

However, she progressed after a small pause. There are some social things you must know before thinking about engaging in the act of sex. Before I move on to that, is there anything basic about the act that you remain confused about?
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
He listened carefully for the answers, it turns out there was nothing he could do. If it really is all instincts then that meant it happend automatically. If it was similar to being thirsty and hungry then what was the feeling that pulled wolves to breed? Esaro sat there trying to remember if he ever had a feeling he couldn't explain. The feeling may have happend but his mind might have ignored it or gotten distracted. In the end he couldn't link it to anything but he still wanted answer. He did managed to get a hint of why he might not have had the feeling before. "So, I'm just not old enough." That's what he thought but he was actually the perfect age for it.

Before Shreya continued she asked everyone if they understood more or less everything. He spoke but a bit awkwardly since he kind of knows the answer. "Um, I kind of want try it out just to understand it completely but I know it's not a good idea." Still he continued to think on the whole act and wondered. It was at this moment his body started to feel a little excited. A quickly glance bellow and the change was noticeable. He decided to lay down on the ground as quickly as possible. His first reaction was the hide it from the other two. He felt a little ashamed of himself, it happend uncontrollably even when he knew it was a bad idea to try anything. He worried about losing control of his mind or something like that, perhaps that was what happend to Reek. Esaro kept telling himself to focus and stay where he was. Although it didn't really feel like much was happening. He eyed the two females, he worried about what would happen if he did nothing. If he didn't drink or eat he would die, was it the same for this too? He looked at Shreya nervously. "What happens if I don't do anything? Will it make me weaker just like when I'm very hungry?"
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace nervously awaited for the next part of what she was going to say, having nothing more to ask so far. She was confused, of course, but she trusted Shreya. If she said it was natural, then it would be when she needed it. Not that she hoped she ever did, in fact the opposite. She didn't much like the idea of a male getting on top of her and entering her private bits, not at all. She'd never had any sexual urges, had no idea what it was like. When Esaro said he'd like to try it, she flicked her ears and shifted closer to Shreya with a shudder as he lied down. She didn't notice why he'd suddenly lied down, but didn't question it. 
            "It dosen't sound very comfortable or pleasing. If that's how puppies are made, I don't think I want any."
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
It would've been nice to explain everything step by step, layer by layer, but of course Shreya knew that an interactive classroom didn't work like that, so she was quiet as she let the inevitable questions spring forth. No Esaro, restraining your libido won't make you weaker, but you should do something to distract yourself when it happens, she explained, knowing full well what was going on beneath those flattened haunches. And that's fine too, Grace, she added, before telling them both: Remaining a virgin, or simply not having puppies, doesn't make you any less of a man or woman. But that brings me on to something important:

Even if you want to breed, and want to be a parent, that doesn't mean you can be. The most important thing to know is that you need permission from the Alpha if you want to reproduce. But even if you do have permission, you are not free to breed. You also need permission from the person you want to breed with. It's fine to ask a female if she wants to breed with you, keeping in mind the question might be embarrassing or inappropriate in her mind
, she added for Esaro's sake, but you must never force or guilt her into it.
382 Posts
Ooc — LordGir
It was good to know the feeling didn't have the same consequences as it did with thirst or hunger but what put forth new question was why he needed to distract himself. What was he suppose to distract himself from exactly? He watched Grace as she moved slightly closer to Shreya. Later on he kind of understood the reaction. If he was the only one willing to try it then it wouldn't work at all and it wouldn't be right. To give even more reasons, the act was restricted and had consequences. Ignoring the signs the body gave was usually a wrong choice but for this case it felt like he should always ignore this feeling and desire. He didn't want to have puppies and he wasn't sure if he ever would want them.

Even if all signs said no, the urge was still there. So he looked at Shreya. "So, I have to ignore what my body is telling me this time? Like pretend as if there was nothing?" He said as he slowly aimed to get back to a sitting position, unsure of himself. "I feel like I'm still perfectly in control but can it get worse? What if the same thing that happend to Reek happens to me? I mean, I would never do it if it was against someone's will. But is it really possible to lose control?" He asked, honestly believing that was the case with Reek. Esaro's body might be pushing but it was no where strong enough to make him do something so unwanted. He couldn't really guess all the forces that Reek was faced against so he hoped Shreya could give the answers somewhere.
363 Posts
Ooc — Raven Marie
Grace watched Shreya intently, unawares of the issues going on with Esaro. It was all slightly disturbing to her, the act of sex, but she also found herself unable to STOP thinking of such things. She worried about if it would hurt, sex or afterwards, and she was sure puppies didn't look comfortable to carry let alone grow. This entire lesson, in fact, was made up of things Grace wasn't so sure she'd like. But then another thought popped into her head, more so focusing on the wolves doing the act than the act itself. 
            "Does it matter what male- or female- its done with?"
Was it wrong for her to mate with certain wolves? She understood that Saena would have to approve if she ever DID mate, but with who? Did she get to chose, or would her alpha choose for her? Did the size of the two matter?
the old wolf remembers
251 Posts
Ooc — Ells
Yes, you have to control your sexual urges, she confirmed to Esaro. It's harder for some than it is for others.

As for Grace's query and Esaro's lingering panic, Shreya repositioned her ancient paws and regarded them both. The subject is complex, so it's very easy to confuse yourself over it. But there are only those two rules to it, at least in my rulebook. The first rule is consent: you must not force another wolf to breed with you, as to do so is an act of cruelty. The second rule is that you must ask permission from your Alpha — in this case Saena — before trying to reproduce. If you breed without your Alpha's permission, you're guilty of insubordination. This is the way of the wolf pack.

She thought of her grandson, preferring not to have to keep talking about his private life. If you obey those two rules, you can set your own personal 'rules' for other aspects of your love life and sex life. What happened with Reek was between him and the others involved. Who you choose as a mate is between you and your mate, she added to Grace.