Redhawk Caldera summertime sadness
you can't wake up, this is not a dream
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Having skirted back within the borders after a quick trip, the black and white she-wolf tentatively trailed her way closer to the den of Fox and the puppies, a rabbit firmly planted within her jaws. She had been trying to improve her hunting skills – but thus far her catches had been more given to her through strokes of luck. She had spotted the rabbit she held only moments before she captured it – and it had practically ran in to her waiting jaws as a noise had caused it to jolt right to her.

It was almost embarrassing how any of her hunting skills had come from some form of mishap.

As far as she knew, she was still not allowed close to the den of the pups, and so dropping the rabbit down at a respectful distance away, the Frostfur began to dig a hole, her white paws quickly turning brown as she worked. Depositing the prize in to the hole, she nudged the dirt back in with her snout – hoping that her Alphas would find it before one of the pack members did.

Pulling back to study her handiwork, the she-wolf released a soft sigh, her eyes drifting back to the borders which seemed to call her name again. Yet a quick swipe of her tongue left her with the taste of earth in her mouth – and she could only imagine what she looked like, completely covered in dirt. Determined, the girl began to lope in the direction of the sunken lake, hoping to cleanse herself a little better.
Are you deranged like me? Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine was milling back in the direction of the rendezvous site after a brief (and slow-going) walk around the territory when he caught sight of young Allure. There was a rabbit in her mouth. It was difficult to keep up with her, yet he shadowed her steps, curious to see where she was going. When she dropped by the Alpha pair's abandoned den, he cocked his head. He watched her bury her kill, then proceed toward the territory's namesake feature.

He hung back, then shuffled slowly toward where she had made her deposit. Although it was really difficult to dig with a broken foreleg, he managed to unearth the slain hare. He picked it up and began hopping after her. He was sure that she would be leaving if not gone already by the time he got there. But Peregrine was in luck. He found her in the middle of what was presumably a bathing session.

"Yo!" he shouted after dropping the rabbit at his feet. He left it there, then hopped toward the yearling. "I saw you leave that at the den. We're not living there anymore. I guess you missed the memo," the Alpha said, his tone a blend of teasing and incredulous. Peregrine liked Allure—especially considering she had just hunted for his family—but he felt like he didn't see enough of her or know her as well as he should by now.

"Come on, why don't I show you?" he offered in the next breath.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
A voice called out – one too close to not be directed at her, and just as her muzzle begin to nose at the water in an attempt to clean herself a bit, she shot it upward, her eyes jolting to the direction of Peregrine in surprise. The rabbit lay at his feet – and before she could comment, he informed her they had moved the den site.

She stared at him, surprise written upon her features quite clearly. Her father held the art of remaining stoical – Allure had yet to learn such techniques. “I guess so,” she noted, feeling quite dumb. And yet only the other day, she had been closer to the den – Fox had left one of the newcomers to go back to her pups at the den site.. so the move must have only happened not long ago. And of course, she had not been notified, as she was not family, nor trusted.

His next words would have elated her from the rather depressing thought – and yet she gave a gentle shake of her head, only then realizing her full intentions as she came from the water. She had wanted to make it work – but with her father returned, and Kaskara pregnant, fate had a funny way of reminding her where her family truly lie, even with the changes her father had wrought upon all of the Frostfur’s. “I don’t think that’s a good idea,” she murmured, pulling closer to him as her muzzle dipped lower in humble submission. “I.. I found out my family is back in the Wilds. My aunt is pregnant.” Her ears slid back to the crown of her head then, wondering if the man before her would be so consumed by anger he would strike her. “And I need to be with them, now. I don’t.. belong in this family.” She paused then, her eyes straying between his cheek and his paws. “I’m sorry, Shithead,” she murmured, not realizing that even despite remaining in their ranks since the winter, none had even bothered to correct her on the false name he had provided her.. and how stupid she must have looked believing it.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She declined, which caused his brow to furrow. Before he could ask why, she began explaining. Peregrine's mouth fell open as she essentially declared that she was leaving. Part of him wanted to press her for more details, see why she felt she didn't belong. Of course she did. Unfortunately, a larger part of him immediately began hardening his heart against her. He felt like she'd just slapped him in the face.

"Uh, OK," he said coldly. "I'll have to ask you to leave immediately then." He squinted at her, making no move to physically remove her from the lands. For one thing, he was currently physically incapable of that, and for another, at least she had given some sort of notice, even if he didn't truly understand it. It was up to her if she belonged with them and she'd obviously made her choice.
205 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
The coldness in his voice stirred a cringe from her – but it was not that she had become unused to it from within the pack. Fox emanated coldness in waves – only now did it come from the Alpha male, but one day she would learn that what little trust she had managed to build for him had been meaningless – at the end of the day, she hadn’t even learned his name. “Of course,” she offered, swallowing the lump that threatened to form in her throat at being the cause of disappointment in another.

He made no move against her, and maintaining her submission, she skirted around him, her pale paws traversing to the borders as quickly as she could. She did not look back – there was nothing else to say, as he made it clear that any form of friendliness had all but dissipated.

Each thrum of her paws upon the ground enforced her belief that there was certainly no place like home, and that meant with her family. Otherwise, the world was seemingly disappointing.
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
We'll miss you! *waves sadly*

Allure didn't argue with him, instead accepting his decree and quickly making herself scarce. He almost reconsidered and tried to call her back. What popped out of his mouth instead was a sarcastic, "Thanks for the rabbit!" He shook his head even as she disappeared into the distance, surely never to be seen again.

Despite whatever she might think, she'd been an asset and her loss stung. Peregrine heaved a sigh and turned to (somewhat angrily) gather the carcass. Sometimes, it really bugged the shit out of him that nine out of ten wolves didn't stick. In fact, he felt a sudden rage boil over and instead of scooping it into his mouth, he went to kick at the dead rabbit, forgetting that he only had one foreleg at his disposal.

So he fell flat on his fucking face and ate dirt. Peregrine grunted and just accepted defeat, pillowing his head on the dead bunny and staring idly up at the sky as he licked grit from his teeth.