The Sentinels old gypsy woman spoke to me
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
All Welcome 
Having caught up with his family on more lighthearted matters, Constantine found himself amidst the tall redwoods, his eyes roving over the new territory. It felt like home, certainly – but only because of the companionship of his loved ones. Nothing of the territory was familiar, but it did not mean he ached for the Plateau.

He would simply need to adjust.

For now, hunger gnawed at him, and weary from his travels, the youthful man had managed to catch a small but plump grouse. The sun beckoned to him as he moved closer to the shoreline, his meal within jaws, and as the rays of light began to descend upon the horizon, Constantine stole a moment of alone time, indulging his thoughts and sweeping down to a sphinx-like rest. He pulled his meal towards him, one paw holding his catch firmly as he began to work away the feathers – it was good to be home, but there was certainly something missing: Casmir.
all you have is your fire
slowly drifting, wave after wave
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre walked this day with an owl-feather entwined behind her ear, tree-syrup letting it stick there for what was likely just the hour. she was careful in feeling it there, and triumphant: she had learned the magick of six flowers, and seven, apparently, was a magickal number itself! and so the great old owl had given her a feather for a reward, and when it fell from her ear, she would store it in the collection she only, just today, had begun. the growing babe caught the sight of a familiar face, one that had only just come to them. though he had returned to some, he was new to her, though he was her brother and for that deirdre loved him already. 

she pranced toward him with warm emerald eyes, her tail waving as she paused what she felt was a safe distance away. love him though she may, she was still nervous before him, as she had only heard tales of him. hello, she greeted, thinking this a safe start.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Deirde was a breath of fresh air – the exuberance of life that practically emanated from her was impossible not to mirror, and as the pale girl came upon him, his pumpkin eyes practically danced with affectionate mirth as she danced up to him.

Tipping his muzzle slightly to the left in warm welcome, the ebony male would soon tip his muzzle down, gingerly rolling his meal toward her. “Deirde,” he greeted gently, his tail sweeping the ground. “Would you like some?” He allowed a small pause between them, shifting his weight. “I was hoping to get to know you better.”
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre shook her head to his invitation; she was not truly hungry, and, i know you have traveled a long way. you should eat. this consideration was taught to her by her father, who spoke of the toils of moving through life alone for any measure of time at all. it was certainly dissuading to the babe to ever pursue such a life, though she could never imagine leaving the safety of donnelaith, the forest that sang her name and worked with her enchantments! this place was as a part of her as her family was; she could not think of departing it! he spoke of getting to know her better, and she smiled upward at him, her emerald eyes twinkling.

father told us you have been adventuring, she was interested already; she left this place but once, and her father planned on taking her on an adventure as well, and yet she knew she would never stray so far as constantine! what is it like, far away from here? her voice was a whisper as she crept nearer to her elder brother, her heart not made for the distance he had covered, and so very happy that at the end of it all he had returned to them. she did not know him, and yet she felt that she did; their blood connected them, and that meant much to the mayfair child.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
He smiled gently at her words, his muzzle dipping down in both acknowledgement to them, and to usher her to take a seat beside him in open invitation. The meal lay before his paws untouched for now, his attention fully placed upon his sibling. It was strange to come home to so many changes -- Dante had been Alpha when Constantine had left, and they had laid claim to Blacktail Deer Plateau. Now, his father had taken over, and the story of their travel still remained a mystery to the swarthy man. And, it would seem his family had grown.

Only now, after laying eyes upon both his younger sisters did he hold regrets for his travels taking him for so long, and at her words, he felt the corners of his mouth pull upward in a sadder smile. "The beauty of the world pales in comparison to the beauty of here -- home." He paused, tipping his muzzle casually. "The world is filled with many packs, with many different cultures. I was fortunate enough to learn from a battalion of wolves that call themselves Tartok -- and for that time I am grateful. But I am sad that I missed your birth and your first few months of life."
/ | \
197 Posts
Ooc — Melee
Although they were experiencing a time of growing independence, where Deirdre was, Emaleth was never very far behind. Even as they parted for their lessons, the dark and light witches were bonded-- and they ensured they could always feel each other near, whether by scent or sight. The sound of her sister's voice, and an answering murmur, attracted the dark child from her whispered conversations with the trees. She wove through them as silently as she could muster, concealing herself behind each trunk as a shy dryad-- though it was not timidness that kept her from joining immediately, but the thought that she could learn more if she remained shrouded; a reservation not borne of fear. To their credit, they did not spoil Emaleth's game if they had noticed her, allowing her to join when she wished and no sooner. She did not hear all of their conversation, but listened with fascination as Constantine spoke.

It was after her older brother's speech that she finally ran to catch them, querying without introduction, "What is a culture? What is a battalion?" These words were new to her, so sheltered they were within the forest of Donnelaith.
826 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
deirdre was unflinching at her sisters arrival; if she was surprised, she did not show it, though looked to emaleth with a twinkle in her emerald eyes. emaleth spoke the questions within her mind, and so the pale babe was quiet, patient for the answer he would give.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Deirdre’s darker counterpart seemed to emerge from the trees – she was not shy with her questions, and the young wolf noted that as dark as the impish girl’s fur may be, the light of her soul matched the bright pelt of Deirdre completely. The two were shadows of one another – much like he and @Casmir had been in their younger months. He felt a pang of regret that his brother was not here now.

Emaleth’s questions stirred a smile of welcome from Constantine as he studied her approach. He shifted his weight gently then, once more nudging the grouse that had been tucked beside him toward the girls, hopeful they would entertain his worry for their well-being and eat.

“Culture is the way of life for other packs in the world. The beliefs and values we hold here, at Donnelaith, might not be the same as another pack, such as Tartok. It is what makes the world so fascinating – the differences within it.” Or, at least, he had found it so. He had learned from a pack that had been the complete opposite of his family in many ways. “A battalion is a unit of warriors. Tartok had branches all over the continent – each one working as an individual unit, and yet all placed themselves together as one.” He paused then, his muzzle tipping slightly to the side. “During my time there, Siku, their leader, named me Anore, for the wind, during my time there. She had named our father after the wind as well, when they had known one another.” Or, so said Siku. He had yet to discuss with Lasher his time with the inuit wolves.
/ | \
197 Posts
Ooc — Melee
I was going to have Emaleth leave, but that'd be weird given she already randomly popped in. I'll do my best to respond more promptly going forward!

Deirdre accepted her sudden arrival without complaint or surprise; they felt each other, and Emaleth was certain that her sister knew she would be attending them. She did not add to the questions the dark youth had presented to their brother, and the dark witch felt a sudden pang-- wondering if she had been rude in interrupting the pair. But the feeling was fleeting, for Deirdre was her other half, and they had ever acted both together and separately without complaint.

She looked at the bright face of her sister, and paused to allow Deirdre the first bite of grouse. Emaleth had always looked to Deirdre's well-being first; it had not changed as they grew and found their independence. She set upon the grouse as their brother's monologue washed over them, and the dark witch did her best to absorb the information he freely gave. She did not understand all of it, but would wait and give Deirdre turn to ask the man for more.
579 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Just going to fade this.
Pleased that the girls were more taken to his words with a few tender bites of the morsel he had captured, the male was eager to question them as well – their own beliefs.. what had transpired during his time away. It was a moment stolen with just the two of them – a bonding that could perhaps help bridge the siblings closer together after the time he had missed from their birth.

He told them tales of Tartok – of his stay there. He told them more of his journey, and the other wolves he had met upon the way. The time would skip by quickly – and only when he realized how much of their time he had taken from them would the wolf rise up, offering a gentle nudge to each before determining that he would need to stock the caches or aide the borders.

It was good to be home, even if home had changed so drastically.