The Heartwood who doesn't say a word,
<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#666666; letter-spacing:5px; line-height:11px;">LIKE THUNDER,<BR>GONNA SHAKE YOUR GROUND.</font>
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira
styx.
This was ultimate madness. How had she not found her brother by now? Katrina had now stopped looking, finding that it was just too difficult to find him when she wasn't even sure he was still here. His scent had been found somewhere but it seemed to disappear, where she assumed that he had gone for a swim and lost his scent altogether. Perhaps the rain had deterred it? With a sigh she sat her butt down upon the ground, feeling completely overwhelmed that she was so pathetic that she couldn't even track down her own brother. He was doing a pretty good job of unintentionally (or intentionally) avoiding his sister. It was then that she decided to just give up.

As soon as she thought it she did feel a bit relieved, realizing that this left her with a completely open agenda where she could do anything. This time she might be able to walk across a new place without passing it all by because it was the last thing on her mind. She could begin her journey home since there was nothing here that really called her attention. No one here had really stunned her attention and willed her to stay, so why bother? Her parents would be happy to have their daughter back in the pack and they would surely welcome her with loving arms... but there would be no independence. No new places to explore and nothing to see, just the same old thing and the same old family to turn to.

If she were to stay here, there would be at least something new to start with. She could be someone completely new, untouched and unchanged. Simply a blank state -- it sounded fabulous but where could she even start with restarting her life? This place was such a mystery to her and she didn't know the first thing of what to do. She doubted her parents had ever expected her to leave them for longer than a month and hadn't told her what to do when joining a pack. Well, that certainly through her suddenly amazing idea out the window. I guess it's back home you go, mudpie.

<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#20CC6D; line-height:11px;"><i>wires got the best of him.</i></font><br><font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:black; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:11px;">yo ho ho & a bottle of rum.</font>
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The forest he had suddenly found himself in was remarkably more comforting than the shadowy depths of Neverwinter. Although cluttered with fallen leaves, the grass that pushed its way between his toes made venturing through the wood much more pleasant (and easier). Rays of sunlight managed to peak through the branches that were organized overhead, illuminating the path before him. He was not particularly sure what his plans were – the land he had stumbled on so far had lit a fire under his wanderlust, and Styx was itching to explore more. There were still so many places he had left to explore before moving on, and the rogue was determined to see it all before deciding what the next chapter of his life was going to look like.
A ghost of a smile hovered on his dark maw, seafoam gaze dancing around the wood as he took in all the different colours that surrounded him. This place was definitely one that the teenager was going to have to revisit before abandoning the area he had stumbled upon. He could only imagine what the forest would look like once the leaves began to turn and fall from their perches. Vibrant hues of yellow and orange would litter the grass, making it nearly impossible to see the chartreuse colour beneath. As the thought entered his mind, the corners of his lips upturned and his brows furrowed. He knew that after he had seen the rest of the land he would leave it behind – there was nothing keeping him here, therefore he had no reason to stay.
While lost in the abyss of his mind, the long-legged hybrid collided with something – something furry and solid. A string of obscenities fell from his lips as a growl threatened to accompany them before that familiar scent slapped violently across his nostrils. Scrambling back from the chocolate female, a frown settled onto his lips before he could stop it from appearing. He felt his throat suddenly grow dry as he stared at her for a moment, unsure of what to say. Styx had not expected running into her once more – it was precisely why he had not gotten her name during their previous encounter. It was the silver-eyed girl who plagued his thoughts, frequently inhabiting the corners of his mind especially while he was trying to sleep. “Watch where you’re goin’, mudpie.” The words fell before he could stop them and he quickly replaced the frown with his typical cocky smirk, although he was desperately trying to avoid meeting her mercury gaze.
<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:#666666; letter-spacing:5px; line-height:11px;">LIKE THUNDER,<BR>GONNA SHAKE YOUR GROUND.</font>
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

This place was pretty, she would give it that, but she knew nothing about the other territories. She only knew about these select few places in this corner of the land as adventuring any further (she believed) would throw her off track of her brother. Though, now that she had relieved herself of desperately trying to find him, she figured she could make a trek up there by herself. There was no harm in that, right? It wasn't like she had anyone to answer to besides herself, which left her with the ultimate feeling of absolutely freedom.

That was, until someone knocked into her and sent her stumbling over the ground like a bookshelf. She immediately heard the language that befell is mouth and as she attempted to lift her head to tell him that that was extra rude of him (right, like she could tell that to someone's face) she was caught like a deer in headlights as seafoam eyes gazed right back at her. This guy, again? Although she could feel that the lump in her throat was only getting bigger she managed to lift a small smile and a shake of her coat. It was you who ran into me, she quipped right back at him. He was the lugnut who had pushed his way into her. Hadn't he been paying attention?

<font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#20CC6D; line-height:11px;"><i>wires got the best of him.</i></font><br><font style="font-family:georgia; font-size:9px; text-transform:uppercase; color:black; letter-spacing:3px; line-height:11px;">yo ho ho & a bottle of rum.</font>
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
Styx should have turned around before she had a chance to response (well, more like run off) but the idiot decided to linger to see what the silver-eyed girl had to say. Like he cared. She was just some nameless stranger and would always be that – nothing more. The hybrid was also frustrated with himself for not noticing her scent sooner and avoiding this confrontation altogether. He had been too wrapped up in his own thoughts to pay attention to his surroundings – which, if it had been any other wolf, could have been dangerous. There was no justification to his carelessness, but luckily he had run into someone who wasn’t going to bite off his head for colliding into them.
The snappy reply to fall from her lips surprised the inky knight, but he relaxed his expression to feign disinterest. With a quick eye roll, the boy scoffed at her remark before spitting out his own retort: Please. You practically threw yourself at me.” If that didn’t get her tail knotted he didn’t know what would – irritating wolves was one of his specialities and something that Styx quite enjoyed. “I know I’m irresistible but I’m definitely out of your league, mudpie.” The words fell off his tongue so easily, his tone detached as he spoke. Hopefully the girl would get bored of his ignorance and leave him alone – but a part of him was glad that they had (literally) run into each other again.

37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

For a good moment Katrina was astounded that she had run into this strange, unearthly boy again but as soon as he spoke out to her that feeling flinched, then disappeared. Well, he certainly was very good at deterring any sort of friendship away from him; but, Kat was persistent and she was not the type to bail out on him unless he did it first. She was not going to be submissive and simply roll on her back, relinquish her stomach to him and cower in his presence. No, she had to light the spark herself.

With somewhat ruffled feathers she narrowed her eyes as the more he talked, the more heat she felt (whether it was good or bad, she couldn't tell the difference). You're just intimidated because you can't get this, she snapped with narrowed eyes and a raised head. He couldn't tell her what she felt and what she did, she knew that he had run into her and that she was well out of his league. His type? Bone-dry.

71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
She was painfully intoxicating and the hybrid hated it. He knew that he needed to get away from her – and fast – or else he was going to be wrapped up in her oblivious spell. A frown etched itself across his maw as he held her silver gaze, brows narrowed to show his annoyance. As much as he wanted to run away and never see her again, the inky rogue wanted to remain at her side and perhaps aid her in finding her brother. But that was completely and utterly ridiculous – loners didn’t help others; that was blasphemy. It had been stupid of him to return South, he should have kept pushing North like he had originally planned.
The words that poured from her maw had taken the yearling by surprise, but he did not let it show as he finally tore his gaze away from her. The hybrid emitted a loud ‘scoffing’ noise before rolling his pearly seafoam eyes and sliding up to the coffee-coloured girl. Acting on impulse, Styx snaked his back beneath her chin, the tip of his tail flicking her nose playfully as he responded to her outburst: “Is that a challenge?” His voice came out in a soft purr, his bright gaze falling upon the nameless stranger once more as he resumed his former position.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

Their strange encounters were beginning to make the young woman curious... after all, they were complete opposites of one another. Katrina was used to mirroring another's personality when in tough situations but she wasn't sure how much more she could mirror with him before it looked strange. She was in no way anything like the feisty, riff-raff teenager that he had seen before or even now, it was simply a mimicry of him. So when his eyes matched hers, she felt automatically weak in the knees like she was just going to fall limp to his powers and drag her sorry arse after him like a drooling child. Kat needed to remain strong for herself, this guy was just some stranger that had no name and nothing unique about him... besides those eyes she argued temporarily with amusement.

Finally his eyes departed from hers and he looked away from her as if avoiding her iteration completely. It wasn't as if she had insulted him for bested him, but the last thing she wanted was for him to look upon her and see weakness. Kat was not weak, nor faint at heart but she was slightly more submissive than the average male. What if it is? she mentioned with a sly smirk and narrowed eyes painting her face with mischief, whatever pack you belong to couldn't handle all this either.

71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
He knew that it was stupid of him to remain in the nameless girl’s presence – the more time he spent with her, the more he wanted to remain at her side. Which was completely ridiculous, as Styx never wanted to be in the company of others (especially permanent company). As much as the silver-eyed girl annoyed him, he was also intrigued by her – her persistence in finding her brother, and how quickly her attitude changed while she was with him. Just as she did to him, the hybrid seemed to bring something out in the coffee-coloured female that surprised even her.
With his bright, seafoam gaze still focused on the female, his lips wrinkled into a deep frown at the mention of a pack. “Pack.” A growl formed around the word as it spat off his tongue, as if the word held a displeasing flavour. “I don’t belong to a pack. Never have, never will.” As he spoke the hybrid nodded firmly, brows narrowed as his gaze did not waver from the silver-eyed girl. “Wolves don’t take kindly to filthy hybrids like myself,” he added as a feeble attempt to lighten the mood. The youth was not particularly fond of speaking about packs – most wolves did not want a mutt like Styx to join their ranks, so he avoided the idea as much as possible.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

When looking at the ink-painted stranger she could not help but wonder exactly what he thought of when looking at her. Surely he wondered who she was and why the hell they kept running into each other? It wasn’t as if they had shared names or any special bond together so why was it that they were inclined to come across each other yet another time? Some would have called it fate, destiny or a miracle—but to Katrina it was simply another day and another wolf. She saw nothing in the future with him, as the future was clear yet bright. All she knew was that she had a plenty good chance of being alive for her future.

The second that he seemed to growl at her mention of pack caused her to tilt her head in slight confusion. What could he possibly have against pack life? Apparently he had never been in a pack nor even thought about the possibility of it. Well, that certainly seemed barbaric. “So, I take it you’ve never considered making your own pack? Y’know… set your subordinates right if they dare think less of your hybrid quirks?” Until now she hadn’t even noticed their differences—her being a full blooded wolf and him a hybrid. Then again, she wasn’t exactly sure what she was looking for. What was he a hybrid of?

71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The hybrid was going to have to make sure that this would be the last time he’d be running into the silver-eyed stranger. Although he had en joyed the playful banter they had exchanged last time, Styx was frustrated that the female had somehow managed to reappear not only before him, but also in his thoughts. He was growing angry with himself as the rogue was not one for remembering faces; however, somehow the coffee-coloured girl had managed to leave an imprint. The slender mutt barely remembered the faces of his siblings, why was this wolf so special?
Joining a pack was completely out of the question – the hybrid would never abandon his freedom to adhere to some big-headed wolf. That was, if they even accepted him into their ranks. Although his coat gave him the appearance of a wolf his features were all coyote, which caused wolves to chase them away when he got too close to whatever territory they decided to pee all over and ‘call their own’. Ew.
The next question to fall from the girl’s mouth immediately stole his attention away from his thoughts, brows narrowed as he tasted the idea for a moment. Making a pack? For a moment, the idea seemed possible – if he had his own pack he wouldn’t have to follow any rules but his own. But having followers? It meant he’d actually have to remember faces (and names!) and deal with others on a daily basis. Suddenly, the good idea became revolting and he shook his head as a first response, his frown growing deeper into his maw. “I don’t know anything about leading a pack – I’m positive nobody would even listen to me.” He chuckled in amusement at the thought of having others obey his commands – what a ridiculous concept. This wolf was clearly batshit crazy. “I don’t know what wolf would want to follow under someone with the blood of a coyote.” Clearly the chocolate female didn’t know anything about her own species if she thought that wolves would actually listen to him.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

Katrina did not mind the boy’s company (rather she enjoyed it more than she wanted to admit) but she could tell when her presence was not entirely desired. Anyone with eyes could have noticed the way he looked at her to know that he wasn’t jumping for joy upon discovering her again. Any blind wolf could have even felt that her presence wasn’t wanted but Kat wasn’t going to back down. No way, especially now that they were getting somewhere on the talking.

It was obvious know that he believed that packs did not want a coy-wolf running amuck. Of course, she didn’t see why it was such a big deal. Big whoop, he looked different but there really wasn’t any other discerning feature or trademark about being half wolf. It wasn’t like he had a say in who his mother fooled around with. Then again, her mother and father had been through just about everything and they still loved each other more than she could even express. Their love was true and perhaps one day she would find that sort of thing in someone. For now, however, she was only looking to have fun.

Nobody would listen to him? Pft, well. That was because he was too stuck up to listen to anyone else besides his own voice. “Then why not have a partner that is full wolf?” she inquired with narrow eyed, mischievously planning her next move carefully. I can help you—on mutual terms of course. I have no interest in being mated Alphas, yuck.” Though shy, she was certainly intelligent and knew when not to push buttons and he wasn’t her type anyways (though, she doesn’t know what she likes anyways).

NEVERWINTER
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
The spider-legged hybrid wanted to get away – the words falling from her cherry tongue were poison, causing the inky knight to temporarily forget his beliefs. And for what? A pack? The idea of having others listen to his every word and obey whatever rules he set in place was appealing, but Styx was positive it wasn’t for him. The life of a nomad was far more attractive – if he didn’t want to be around others he didn’t have to, and he could remain that way for days. Even the idea of being in the company of more than one wolf was suffocating; the idea was absolutely revolting.
With a frown pressed deep into his maw Styx cocked a pointed ear toward the silver-eyed female once more as she spoke, her words taunting the lanky yearling into swaying his beliefs. This wolf – the nameless beauty who was still a complete stranger – wanted to lead beside him? Now Constanin definitely knew she was insane; they could hardly stand each other but she had offered her aid to him? Perhaps this was a trap… there had to be some sort of ‘catch’ to this. No stranger would offer to help another, especially when they had not even properly introduced themselves to each other. You would help me?” He mused aloud, tasting the idea as he broke the silence with his cool, detached tone. “What’s in it for you?” Clearly she wasn’t in it for mateship (Styx couldn’t tell whether he was disappointed or not to hear this), so why was she so keen in helping him? Nobody was that nice.
37 Posts
Ooc — Kira
cute table!

Alright, so it was a little strange for Katrina to offer her assistance in the matter but secretly she just wanted to try it out. She had never thought she would get a chance to be leader in her young age—she assumed that she would reign over a pack somewhere around her fifth year of life—but this was an opportunity. Deep down she was interested in leading beside him… knowing him a little better considering how secretive and clandestine he usually was. However, she was not surprised by the repulsed image on his face as she explained his options though apparently he still wasn’t convinced he wanted to make it happen.

Stubborn fool, she thought to herself idly as she looked out across the forest with patience running thin of being within the presence of such an irritating boy. Apparently he was surprised that she wished to help and assumed that there was something in it for her. Kat had to think on it for a moment, wondering exactly what was in it for her. She hadn’t thought about it besides that it would be her pack (linked to him, but her pack either way) so she needed something opinion friendly. “Long lineage of leaders,” she commented nonchalantly, “you can do what you want and I can do what I want. No rules.”

NEVERWINTER
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
<333! thank you
Although Styx hated to admit it, the female had a good point – they would each have the freedom to do what they please, while meeting a common interest of course. While he was against the idea of being part of a pack, something felt right about leading one. He would not have to answer to anyone but himself (and maybe this chocolate she-devil occasionally) and be able to set his own rules to those who joined the pack. It was remarkable how quickly the silver-eyed stranger had been able to sway his beliefs; Styx wasn’t so sure he liked it. He wasn’t even sure if he liked her. She was soft on the eyes and (though he’d never admit it) he did enjoy their last encounter – but how did she feel about him? Surely she must only think of him as a stubborn, dirty pig…
“Fine,” he said suddenly, although his mind screamed in dispute at the single word that fell of his tongue. Styx Constantin wasn’t so certain on his decision now, but he knew that things would work out in the long run. He was still young and wanted to embrace his rogue lifestyle for as long as possible, but perhaps he could still do that while leading a pack. The lanky hybrid would still have some of the same freedom, only with a few responsibilities that he would have to attend to. He could do that, for now. “No rules for us, you mean,” he commented with a crooked grin, sea foam eyes meeting her silvery gaze. “Everyone else has to follow our rules and listen to what we have to say.” Oh, he was going to like this.
“You’re still a stranger to me – I don’t even know your name. How do I know I can trust you?” His guard was coming up, brows narrowing as he studied the slender female. Styx knew that he was much stronger than her, but it didn’t mean that she wasn’t capable of betraying him. Even while living with his family, Styx had always been a nomad – he didn’t understand the politics that came with packs and wanted nothing to do with them. This was going to be a huge change for the inky knight.

37 Posts
Ooc — Kira

Upon meeting him for the first time not that long ago she would have never pictured herself even thinking of leading a pack, include that with leading one beside him. In fact, she portrayed outwards that she wasn’t attracted to him at all… but she was. Somehow her mind had latched onto the idea that he was handsome and devilish, a bad boy-esque personality that Katrina was somehow interested in. To him, the way she displayed herself to him, was quick-witted, confident and detached. Though, it was roughly the complete opposite. She had to force it to be out there and willing to do something out of the ordinary. This idea that she had was certainly going to test the limits.

Nodding, she agreed that they had no rules. Come and go as they pleased, though one would have to stay in the pack to make sure no one took advantage, and everyone would have to obey the laid down law of their land. It sounded very nice and would comfort their needs but even while she was concocting this devious and awesome plan, it had not come to her attention that his name was still unknown. It was likely that she would have gone into making this pack with him and not even knowing his name. You want to pick up a duty? Just talk to that random, stubborn, dirty hog about it. Whateverthehellhisnameis. Oh yeah, she could see it now.

“You can’t,” she quirked an eyebrow at him quizzically before shrugging, “but you’ll have to.” She shrugged her shoulders and perked her eyes, glancing at him with a smile on her face. It might have been deemed a ‘you’re in for it’ face but she just wanted to toy with him a little. There was no fun in this if he took things too seriously; besides, they had lots of time for that. The two of them would need to hold their own in fights if anyone tried to take over. The two were still young, lots to learn in little time. “Call me Kat.” He likely might get a kick out of it but she didn’t care, it’s not like she hadn’t heard it before.

NEVERWINTER
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
Although he was confident that the pair could effectively lead a pack, Styx still had his doubts. Neither of them had any experience and, from the outside, were not particularly fond of each other. Despite this there was a strange bond between the two; no matter how hard he tried, he could not deny that. As much as he wanted to run away from her and completely erase her from his memory, Styx also wanted to remain at her side. He was intrigued by her and the persona she portrayed, but he knew there was something she was not telling him. It had sensed it from their previous encounter and wanted to investigate whatever she was hiding. This was extremely out of character for the nomadic hybrid as he never wanted anything to do with anyone.
“Do you have a place in mind to call ‘home’?” If they were going to lead a pack together they were going to have to find a place to claim. There would have to be borders and a place for the pack dens… it sounded exhausting. It felt strange having to find a ‘home’ – Styx was infatuated with the idea of constant traveling with no place to hold him back. This pack, and the territory that came along with it, was going to do exactly that.
As much as the lanky yearling didn’t want to share his name with the silver-eyed female he knew that if they were to lead alongside each other it was a necessary evil. The pack members would not respect them as Alpha’s if they did have some sort of mutual respect for each other. He still had time to back away without giving out his name, but a switch had flicked – he had made up his mind. This would be the next challenge he would face in his life; he was good at being a loner and enjoyed it, but perhaps he would prefer this choice? It was his mother who had drilled it into his head that being a loner was better and although Styx still agreed with her, he needed to experience something different.
Her comment made a laugh unexpectedly bubble from his chest, staining the air as he met her silver gaze. “I guesso, huh?” His expression softened as he allowed his gaze to linger, a ghost of a smile toying with the corners of his mouth. Perhaps this wasn’t going to be as dreadful as he thought… ugh. It was official, Styx had gone completely mental. His smile turned crooked as she introduced herself – Kat? It had to be a nickname because there was no way a wolf would name her daughter after a feline. “And you can call me Styx, kitty.”

37 Posts
Ooc — Kira
i sorry! i try to be better at posting with kat, k? :3 (needz da motivs!)

As much as she wished to force every feeling back down into her gut, she did realize how strong she felt towards the deal. It was strange but she would have never in a million years given that idea to anyone else. Katrina didn’t know how to lead, nor did she know how to co-lead with someone that she barely knew. Either way, she was delighted that he seemed to accept her proposal and felt a rush flood her bones as he asked her where they might call their ‘home’. “Oh,” she said with a small chuckle, “there is a forest nearby?” She asked him, wondering if her suggestion would be an A+ or if he would shoot it down without a second thought.

Katrina made to coax him into following her, meanwhile wondering if he felt the way she felt. How could she not find him devilishly attractive? Mother had warned her about good-looking males and here she was, trapped before one with no way out. That was a lie, obviously. There was a way out but Kat wanted to go in deep—she wanted to be sucked up by this guy’s tornado just to see who he was and what he wanted in life. He was such a mystery and everyone liked a good mystery! “Styx and Kat,” she chuckled to herself finding their names together were somewhat amusing. She was sure he might think it was, too, but later on down the line he would figure out that Katrina was the name that she had been born with, not being named after some feline crusader.

NEVERWINTER
71 Posts
Ooc — Arla
is okay <3333 /loves on 4eva
I MAKE KAT SHINIESSSSSS
She was definitely all wrong for him, but he knew he wouldn’t be able to stay away from her. There was something drawing him in, and no matter how hard he pulled away he could not be released from her hold. Styx was now throwing away the rogue life he had grown so accustom to because of the silver-eyed female before him. If it had been any other wolf he would have laughed in their face at the idea of creating a pack, but there was something different about Kat that made it impossible to resist her offer. As much as he wanted to get close to her, he was still wary of her intentions – what if she had some other plan up her sleeve? What if she was only using him and would abandon him within a few weeks? If he was going to abandon the nomad life he was so passionate about he was either all in or out. There was no in-between; no ‘temporary’ pack life; he was in for the long run. This was the decision he was making, to be an Alpha alongside Kat, and he was going to succeed. Styx Constantin did not fail.
“… there is a forest nearby?” He nodded solemnly, lips drawn tight as he studied the coffee-coloured female a moment. While the gears shifted in his mind realization settled in and the corners of his lips lifted as his seafoam gaze met hers. “You mean the forest where we first met?” He cooed in response, a brow quirked as he stepped closer to the slender female, tail curling in amusement. “That could work, actually…” his tone grew more serious as he mulled over her suggestion; the trees offered privacy and would help conceal the pack. The area was also large enough to accommodate the pack as it grew, and it came with the perfect name – “Neverwinter. That could definitely work,” he muttered, almost to himself, as his gaze wandered away from the silver-eyed female. The smile remained on his maw as excitement began to bubble within his chest – the more he thought about the idea of leading a pack the more appealing it became. With Kat helping him, and Styx helping her the hybrid was confident that they would succeed – this was a challenge that he would not back down from.
“Styx and Kat.” Her comment broke him away from his thoughts as his tail gave a short wag. “We sound dangerous,” he chuckled in reply as he gave the silver-eyed Kat a playful wink. “Everyone is going to fear us.” Some sticks and a kitty cat, what an intimidating team...

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »