Sleeping Dragon act i scene iv
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Private 
@Thuringwethil - i thought we could just start it out here
The supply for herbs was practically nonexistent inside of the dragon pack. Gluska had been expecting at least something to work with, but had found that they were truly in need of services that he could provide. While it offered him something to do, it was tasking. He had not even had the chance to know those within his pack before he was planning an excursion to the seaside in attempts to get water-based plants. If even one of the other members of Sleeping Dragon had found themselves in need, their odds would have been slim. The coywolf male was prepared – as he had stated for the dark female who had granted him entrance – to trek where it was necessary to find what he needed. Once he could obtain a small stock, his job would grow easier.

Slender legs carried the male in the direction of the borders, although as he neared them, he wondered how difficult it would be to travel to where he intended. If he could get nearer to the shoreline as opposed to the mountain where their pack presided, he would be able to gather what he needed in a few short trips and return with them in hand. But he was not aware of the Dragon’s relations to the other packs or if there was a need to keep out of sight. He assumed he would be learning swiftly if that were the case.
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Several times did Thuringwethil check the portion of the mountain cover in salt and each time she comes up empty handed and disappointed. Even before the fandom, it was not often she found something since they'd move in. The scent markings of their predators had reduced the numbers and only when the border had been weakened or a deer became a little braver, did they encounter their next meal. Standing, looking over the expanse of the open terrain beyond their reach, she finds nothing this day. What little remains, or has grown back, is nothing to be proud of.

Retreating back, she twists and catches a glimpse of another that at first causes her concern but a second, clearer look gives her the answer to keep her settled. She chuffs from her distance and moves with an even, calculated gait like fog coming in from the sea. Her tail flagging high and head squared across her shoulders, she works on closing the distance. When she's close enough to Gluskap, she waves her signal a few times in ease and offers a weary and tired smile.

"This is all new to me, this destruction; I've not seen anything like this where I've come from," she says, a frown touching her lips. In fact, there had been little natural disasters to leave behind wreckage. The occasional rough storm at sea, or a harsh winter, but a new claim had yet to really fill caches to survive in the middle of winter. Now, they seem to be skipping spring entirely and their renewal delayed.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The world was always changing and oftentimes it would transform in ways that did not benefit those who lived on the surface. But for the earth, it was necessary… and it would not have troubled the coywolf male had he been able to understand where those changes came from before they happened. Others of his kind were easier to understand. There were the few of them that acted solely on impulse, but even in that regard were predictable to a certain point. The law of the land, though, was constantly reforming. It was remarkable and terrifying, and the ochre-tinged wolf wanted to know more of it.

A shadow seemed to form in all of its inky glory. The woman’s scent had been a fleeting sign that she would be near. Glu turned his head to face her and dipped it in respect. She appeared weary, though the male could not tell if it was from the lack of food or from travel. His sharp yellow eyes traveled her form for a moment before she spoke to him of her past and the tragedy that they were currently suffering through.

“The world has very little regard for those who live on it,” he remarked with a small frown. “But it’s outstanding in a way.” The famine that had taken hold of the Teekon Wilds was vicious and savage. Gluska was certain that it had taken more than just their food. Lone wolves could not survive under such conditions… even those in the pack were struggling.

“I want to journey to the sea to gather herbs… and the like. Just in case,” he commented to her with a flick of his long ear and a glint in his eye.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
tag for visibility, gerra

Gluskap's words do little to soothe her. She'd stripped her hierarchy bare and sought new land to claim. Even if her followers are not native to her belief, did not understand, they are still hers to protect. Heda would not have turned a blind eye if they put their loyalty to her. She'd lost a few wolves for one reason or another, their faith not strong enough, and she inhales a sharp breath. Thuringwethil had been lazy in her ways, used to the rest of the clan to raise their children. However, her wolves were not children and were limited in their knowledge. Where Gluskap felt the world offered a natural reaction, she knows now it to be a test.

Relief, as if all the commanders before her sighed at once, floods her.

Thuringwethil sets her jaw then and then shakes her attention back once she realizes the male's request. She easily recalls their meeting upon the borders and slowly nods her head, mulling over the options.

"All right," she says with a nod. "But not alone. The pack north west of us, they are an enemy, and one a little further... well, it's tense. And both you have to pass to get there."

She knows she can't send him alone, covered in ash and sulfur; he'd stand out like a rotten cache. The thought of the sea alone sends a shiver along her spine, born during a nightly high tide, and she'd yet to see it since she ended the reign of Seageda. Seeing it again, Thuringwethil can't begin to fathom.

"I will go with you, I know how to get around them," she explains, having scouted the northern reaches of the taiga. Directly to the coast, she's unsure, but she's certain the salty mistress will lead her. "And perhaps @Dio, too. It will be safer."
Trigedasleng · Common
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
His words were not designed to soothe the anxiety that must have riddled the pack leader. Glu knew very little of what it meant to lead others. He was as self-serving as a rogue. His sister had always held a special place in his heart. It happened every so often that his mind would return to thoughts of her inky pelt and her witchy ways. Caiaphas was very much the same. Though he was quick to cause trouble for the she-wolf of Saltwinter, he cared enough for her to make an effort. Though he was a troublesome creature, his family was carefully guarded.

Watching the inky woman with sharp citrine eyes, he flagged his tail once at the approval that he received to venture towards the ocean waters. She went on to explain that he would not be going on his own, however, which caused the coywolf to furrow his brows lightly and tighten his lips. The woman went on to explain that their relationships with the nearby packs were strained. A small smile curled his dark lips upwards and he nodded his head. “Of course. I would hate to cause more trouble,” he remarked carefully, tucking the information away for a later time.

When the inky-furred woman explained that she would be the one to travel with him, the ochre-splashed creature nodded his head slowly. When she continued on, she mentioned the name of another – one that he had not come across – and the male turned to her curiously. “Dio?” he echoed the name of the stranger, watching her for signs of a reaction to the name. Gluskap had never found himself in the presence of such a wolf, but he wondered if this Dio was someone close to the Heda. If that were the case, it would be more information that was best saved for a later time.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
sry for this crap post

Gluskap agrees to the terms and doesn't seem to mind her presence. Perhaps it will give them a chance to further learn about each other. A minor addition to the trip, even if she'd enjoy seeing the shore again. When she's asked about Dio, she nods, realizing he might not have gotten acquainted with everyone just yet. It would take him, acclimating, but immersed in their scent now he'd find it easy.

"He is our gamma," she explains, though his part in Drageda is slightly unknown. His acceptance could change the course, but for now she'd continue to use his services as one of her warriors, a temporary guard before his decision. "There are a few things I will need to do before we go," she explains, wanting to make sure Gyda is left with enough protect should something happen in her absence. "Maybe seek Dio out, if you have the time?"
Trigedasleng · Common
king of the ashes
104 Posts
Ooc — Mary
The strange little coywolf was still new to the realm of the dragons. He had not been able to make the rounds in order to make himself known to the others in the pack. He had assumed that knowing their leader would be most important. The others would fall into place. He was in no rush. The time he had already spent there had been used for what they would call the greater good. Though he was quiet and often peculiar in his ways, there was always a method to his madness. Glu was still a self-serving little beast. He was and always would be a priority over the others. Nevertheless, he would not share this with the inky Heda. 

She began to explain the rank of the mysterious Dio. The skeletal little coywolf listened with perked ears and a placid expression. The Gamma of the pack. It very well could have done him good to seek out the unknown wolf. Another notch in his belt... another specimen to tend to at a later time. "Take all the time you need, of course. And I will do my best to find this Dio," he spoke to her with a soft nod of his head. "Is there anything else I should be preparing for the journey?"
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Dio’s placement in her system, while still unknown, looks hopeful. His potential to Heda would be a great asset to Drageda and she won’t push him into a decision if he isn’t ready or there are things he might not yet understand. Among herself, there are other wolves he could go to to ask about how they work but for the time being, she’s content in letting him piece together his own opinions. None of this comes to light in front of Gluskap, not sure if he’s ready to understand or dedicate himself to the workings of herself, but to his question, she quietly shakes her head. With the question answered, she takes the chance to dismiss her newest wolf before she departs herself and considers what they might need to do to prepare for their trip to the ocean.
Trigedasleng · Common