Horizon Ridge Stubborn is as Stubborn does (Bjorn)
I want the part of you that you refuse to give. *anonymous*
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud had finished tending to Pump who had been rather reluctant to be healed, but that was of no consequence. Thistle may seem little and naive but she had a tough hide when it came to insults and difficult wolves. After all she had two brothers and they had picked on her for years. She was now on her way to take care of another stubborn wolf @Bjorn

Thistle carried with her some fresh Salmon berries to shrink the skin and flesh and blood of the wound in Bjorn's shoulder, some bergamot to crush for a cleaning agent, and some leadplant. She had this all bound up nicely with cobwebs and seaweed.

She had noticed before that the other had already used some salt water to help heal his wound that was nice for her, it would keep infections at bay even better than she. She found where his scent lay heavy and sitting down she let out a bark letting the male know she was there to tend to him. She gritted her teeth waiting for the stubborness that was sure to show.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I thought a delirious fever might be fun...xD You'll have to excuse Bjorn he's such a savage slut, lmfao.

Björn had spent the better time of his time sleeping, though his skin was heated beneath his coat, still full with the coarse and thick fur of winter. His sleep was restless, the scooting and moving in the grass patch he had settled for since a den had been frowned upon. Björn supposed unless it was an old birthing den it would be hard to tend to his wounds for the fawn colored girl seemed persistent in tending to him despite his vocal protests. Björn was many things, a man being the most prominent of them, and though he could have purred like a cat under the brush of her fur against his, drinking in her close proximity and her attention, the brush of her lips upon his split flesh sending small sparks of shivers unintentional as he was sure they were down the length of his spine as she tended to him, he did not necessarily like the fussing.

In the flush of his fever he had explicitly dreamed of his gift Sif, of the curve of her body, her heat and the pride, lust and greed he felt as he conquered her, but he could not recall her face, and found that as the image of her faded in his mind, so did every thing else. It was not as if he could not get the same feeling from another woman - he had many before her and would have many after. Björn’s infidelity was predictable, his interest waning as quickly as it was known to come, or at least it seemed to wane after the chase was over and he had took what he thought was rightfully his, or what he wanted.

A bark stirred the Viking from his fever sleep and cold caribbean eyes glassy with his fever peered open, greedily seeking the fawn colored girl’s shape. “Come closer,” The Nord commanded in a husky tone before he pushed himself to his paws, unfeeling of the movement as it pulled sickeningly at his parted flesh.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
OO this should be fun...thistle may have to rough him up if he gets to fresh. LOL . Weren't all vikings sluts lol

Thistle had felt as if something was off as soon as she had come into his area and when he opened his eyes to search her out she knew for sure that something was definately amiss. He looked at her with eyes full of glassy, heat and warning and she knew she was going to have a hard time dealing with him today. Not only was the male bigger than her, but stronger too probably, but his sickness would give her an advantage she normally would not have.

She frowned slightly at his command, but she kept her ire down. "I'll come near you Bjorn when I am done sorting my herbs. She hoped she brought something for fever and she did find some Jopi weed that would work for his fever. His wound was festering that was not good, she was glad they were near salt water it would need cleaned.

SO tell me Bjorn how do you feel today? She kept the conversation light and airy sorting her herbs with a practiced paw.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Pretty much!! xP It's totally up to you if he misses touching her or not, lol, I don't want to power-play so I tried to stay vague.

Björn was unconcerned with his wound, figuring that he had been in the clear when he had rinsed it with salt water the day he had received it, however, this had proven to be untrue; though it likely did not help that he refused to accept the girl’s council as she ordered him about like some common Queen and often walked off to hunt, or relieve himself, or to just walk for the sake of wanting to move. Björn was a Jarl and not even his lovers had dared to tell him what to do, even though it was likely he was misperceiving her professional suggestions as commands. Björn knew a little about treating wounds but his knowledge did not extend beyond the basics, so the fact that he considered salt water the cure all was simply proof of this. His training had centered around the Berserkers - a type of Viking warrior, the art of women, and as he grew accustomed to the rank of Jarl, politics. He was as brazen, boorish and dangerous as his culture suggested he was, but when your women were the same, it was not repulsive to them. In this posh south Björn suspected he was considered a savage. He did not spend any amount of time dispelling this, if it were true. Glassy eyes watched as a frown pulled the girl’s lips down and the Nord let out a gruff cooing sort of noise, that quickly ended in a growl that rumbled in the strong confines of his muscular chest at her words. That answer did not satisfy him the brutish Viking.

“You will come to me when I tell you to, mær,” Deep voice, guttural with the fever passed through his lips, the dance of his native words brash and sweet upon his tongue, much like the poppy she sometimes gave him for the pain not that he ever opened his mouth to complain about it. Björn did not complain. He knew she would not and so he desired to close the distance despite that he would probably make her uncomfortable and his advances would likely be rejected. As if that would stop him. His body quivered with the fever as he was both hot and viciously cold, a nasty contradiction to one another, but still he drew nearer to her, ignoring her question, limping towards her, with the intention of raking his teeth seductively through the fur of her flank.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud sighed at the look of his wound. If the male wasn't so stubborn and brutish and had listened to her advice, advice she knew would help he would not be delirious with fever and trying to be brazen and crude with her. Unlike many of the women that he had been around Thistle did not like boorish or rude and she would be the first to make that known, but when he was not sick. BY no means would she let him be brazen and crass, but she would not be as strikingly rude as she could be as he tried to advance towards her. Deciding to keep her friendly tone, adapting if she needed to later she scolded him gently, "It's not nice to growl Bjorn. I am merely trying to get my herbs together so I can heal you properly. If you weren't so stubborn your wound would not be festering.

At the first touch of his teeth, her first instinct was to growl, but she did not wish to fight so she just side stepped swiftly and spoke again, "Kindly do not do that. I do not like it, and I have to get your shoulder fixed. At this point she was very much on her guard and wary. She was also a bit angry that he would try to be so forward she did not belong to him. "Now I need to clean that festering wound with sea water. She stood watching him through lowered lids waiting to see what his next move would be and if she would have to move into fight or flight mode at the time.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
If Björn had wanted to at a later date when his body was not ravaged with fever, he could have easily claimed that his actions were simply a part of a delirium and that he had not been himself. In some ways, it would not qualify as a outright lie because he was delirious with fever and while it was effecting his thoughts it was not wholly delirium. In the delusion he had forgotten who he was supposed to be, the deceptively charming and handsomely but scarred Nord looking for his ‘long lost’ son, and instead knew only who he was and what he wanted. The maiden was not of his culture (and tokio is assuming maybe not a maiden at this point?) but that failed to matter to Björn. It had not mattered when he had taken Sif, who, also, was not a Viking, she had shied away from his advances and turned him down countless times despite that she was his. Circumstances were vastly different in this moment, and Björn was in a place where his culture’s ways was not so widely accepted.

Scarred and unscarred ears slicked back to his head as she scolded him. “Then don’t say things that displease me, mær,” The Viking spoke gruffly, simply. “My wound is reisiligr…,” Björn gave pause as if realizing that she would not understand his native words. “…healing.” He decided dismissively, attempting to shoo away her fussing and worries. Björn’s teeth had made contact with the warm fur of her flank and the Berserker was left to lick his teeth as she side swept him and asked him not to do it with the word kindly in front. A bubble of delirium induced laughter escaped his lips a husky sound as a smug sneer took his expression, glassy eyes locking upon her. “You say that with a conviction that I know what the word means,” The words ‘kindly’ and ‘Viking’ did not particularly ever walk hand in hand, or even remotely in the same sentence. Their culture was widely romanced but the glossy, romanced version was a false one.

He made to move but the shift of weight jarred his shoulder painfully, tearing at the infected scabs that had began to grow, and blood welled and spilled over. The pain as it shot through him like the kiss of red-hot metal to his skin, caused his eyes to darken with clarity, clearing his mind - if only temporarily - from the delirium. Lucid once more, he donned a sheepish expression, hinted with a bit of confusion for a nice effect as he blinked at her. While he was lucid, he was able to stop himself from being a heathen - or rather pretend not to be a heathen. “Damnit,” Slipped from his accent ridden tongue, both in disappointment in himself for slipping and because he’d opened what had began to scab. His nostrils flared as the metallic scent of his blood, coupled with the sickly scent of the festering taunted him. He lapped at the warm, crimson liquid as it spilled, attempting to keep it from matting in his fur.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud was young and naive enough to not notice his slip of deception. She assumed he was acting thus, simply because of his fever, not because that was how he really was. She would never allow him to have her, if she had been able to read his mind and knew that's what he was thinking. She did not belong to him, she belonged to another at least in her own mind she did, she was unsure of yet how the other felt. (we will assume she is not lol)

Thistle had to bite her tongue to keep from telling the other male that she could say what she pleased he was not her boss. He was older than her yes and he was a little more world weary, she however did not have to listen to him. She frowned as he said it was healing. "That is not healing Bjorn, that is festering. She stared at his glassy glare and shook her head, stepping around him she headed towards the sea to grab a shell full of water for his shoulder.

She saw the temporary confusion in his face and the sheepish expression and she felt better that he was apologizing she supposed with facial expressions. she lay the shell down and spoke quietly "Alright you ruffian, lets get that shoulder clean. This is going to burn. she was half teasing him with her ruffina She slid the shell across his shoulder and poured the water over the torn and bloody flesh, trying very hard not to breath in the vapid fumes that came from it. "This is really infected, you need to listen to me. She first cleaned it with the water and then licked at it and dabbed at it with her paw.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Björn was good at being deceptive, it was an art he had practiced since he was young, and just because he didn’t like it, pretending to be something less than what he was, it didn’t mean he wasn’t skilled at it. Björn was nothing to these wolves, he did not have any false illusions, but in his stone cold heart he was a Jarl through and through, and nothing - not distance, or another home - would ever change that. The fawn girl’s words contradicted Björn’s dismissal of his wound, and the Viking scoffed at her, rebutting with a gruff, “I’ve had worse mær,”. The Nord did not look at wounds the same way as others did. Scars were trophies to be treasured, not ugly markings to be avoided. He tilted his scarred head towards her, as if to indicate to the ugly scars that almost stole the handsomeness from his left, unmarred half. “I do not fear a festering wound.” In essence, he did not fear death either, though he was not destined to go for years. He was young, and had things to do, missions given to him by Odinn himself.

The fawn colored girl had came back with a shell full of swirling salt water, and Björn ceased his licking at the wound, the taste of his blood lingering metallic in his mouth, different as it was from the taste of a prey’s blood. She called him a word whose meaning he was not fluently aware of ruffian but he assumed it was equivalent of ‘trouble-maker’ though in truth, he did not know. He chose not to answer her warning - for he knew full well that it would hurt - simply let the muscles of his body pull taunt as the cool water spilled from the shell and into his wound, burning as it rinsed through it and spilled down his fur, much like his blood had moments ago.

A hard grunt was given at the initial rush of hotter pain, but aside form that Björn did not make further noise. “You worry too much, mær.” Björn spoke through clenched jaw and gritted teeth.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud looked at him "You may have had worse but that was before i was on the scene. I will not have your wounds going unattended and causing such terrible issues. You could become lame if you are not careful. A large brute such as yourself would not like that I assure you. She was gently scolding him, not really thinking much about it or how he would react. She had never really learned to curb her tongue and she had a bit of a bite at times. Thistle Cloud looked at the scar on his face and wondered what it was from, but kept that question in check. "I am sure you are used to them I can see your scars. My father told me scars are earned and I agree, but that does not mean that you cannot take care of what you earned.

Thistle Cloud smiled softly "Maybe i do worry to much, but that is what I do I am working towards being a healer after all. I do not like to see others in pain. No hold still while I put these berries in your wound it should shrink it up a little bit. She pressed hard on the wound with the berries, making sure to not use many and only fresh ones.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
The fawn colored girl he knew simply as ‘Thistle’ because it was easier and less of a mouthful for him to attempt to pronounce, contradicted his statement of fact with a thorn of her own, going on about how that was before she was on the ‘scene’. Björn took that to mean before they had met. “Are you making comment about how my previous medic took care of me?” The Viking inquired, caribbean blue eyes smoldering at her, daring her to say what he thought she had been saying, though a coy smile tugged at the edges of Björn’s lips as if to say that he was not as annoyed as he had led her to believe. “Lame,” Björn repeated the word, noting how it sounded different coming from his lips than it had from her own - though that of course was majority of his accent. “Odinn would not let that happen mær,” Björn told Thistle with confidence, having whole and unwavering faith in his Gods, specifically the King God. “He has plans for me.” On such plans, Björn had no intent of sharing for he reckoned she would understand what those plans were in time. It was an enigma that he liked to keep close, a coveted secret.

“Scars tell you a lot about a man,” Björn agreed in a thoughtful tone as the burning numbed his nerves, scarred and unscarred ears slicking back to half mast. “Who or what he’s fought, where he comes from,” Björn spoke the last in a quieter tone, thinking of the scars on his left ear and left half of his face. “A man who fights for his home, his love, his people…will have many, hidden scars, but strip away his fur and they are there. They are memoirs of his deeds, deeds that will see him to Valhalla.” He peered back over his shoulder to fix her in a single, caribbean blue eyes fixed into the handsome portion of his face.

“I did not claim to be in pain,” This did not mean that he didn’t feel pain because he did, however Björn considered himself too much of a man to complain about it. Complaining wouldn’t fix it, anyway. “How are berries going to shrink my wound?” Björn questioned, holding still nevertheless as he felt the pressure of her pressing the berries into his wound. “And who is going to take them out, maiden?” He asked next, substituting the Norse word for it’s common tongue equivalent.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle stopped moving for a moment and looked at his face to gauge his reaction. She saw that he was half-smirking so she knew that he was only teasing so she teased back. "Yes I am questioning how you're medic did, or more so how you listened. It was probably no fault of your medic that you have such atrocious wounds...since you sir are stubborn and do not listen to the medical advice needed to save you energy and skin. Thistle Cloud had never heard of Odinn. "Whose odinn? She thought he maybe another wolf she hadn't met yet.

Thistle listened to him and she agreed with him, scars could certainly tell you a lot about someone. They also helped to gauge a person's pain tolerance. What is Valhalla? She was keeping conversation going to keep his mind occupied. Though she highly doubted he even felt the pain in his shoulder at this point.

Thistle Cloud spoke quietly "The berries are an astringent they have a healing agent in them, that dries out the skin and sinew and pulls it tight cause it dries it out. As for taking them out you can do so in the water or if you would really like I can do it for you later as well. Now all we need to do is put this Bergamot and Leadplant in the wound and you need to eat this Jopi Weed to get rid of that fever of yours. She pushed the Jopi weed towards him while she pressed the rest of the herbs into the wound and then pressed gently the cobwebs on it to hold everything in place. She then looked at him with her wide blue eyes and waited to see what he would say.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
“I am a Berserker, mær, I do not fear death or the omnipresent words of a worried healer,” Björn spoke in a dismissive tone with a flick of his tail. Not to mention he had been the Jarl, the Chieftain and after he had taken the throne from his brother he had no interest in taking orders from another. The throne had not been his initial goal - no that honor had belonged to Björn’s of the time lover Tyra whom had belonged to his brother - but he had won it in the battle to the death nevertheless. “Odinn,” Björn spoke the Allfather’s name with reverence, caressing it with the tones of his voice. “Is the Allfather, mær. The God that rules all the other Gods, he is also the God of curiosity. With him I feel a deep connection, a kinship.” Björn was even prone to getting visions of Odinn though he was not particularly eager to share this tidbit with her simply because he did not think she would understand. She was not a Viking, she did not believe in his Gods. Odinn’s name and power held no weight with her and there was no need to go into extravagant details.

“Valhalla is where we go when we die. It is the hall of heroes where we feast and train to be in Odinn’s army so we can fight alongside the Gods in Ragnarøkkr which is our version of your apocalypse, I suppose. Except Ragnarøkkr isn’t so final. Not all our Gods will die, and two mortal survivors will live on to repopulate the new life. It’s a purging and rebirthing of this world, you could consider it.” It was hard for Björn to make connections so he could explain in words that she would better understand, especially when he did know what she believed in - if anything; and while his common tongue was fluent there was a lot he did not know, or understand of their cultures.

“I would rather you take them out, maiden,” Björn told her simply, because one: he liked her attention and two: he was not so sure water would flush all of the berries from his skin and Björn did not want to chance it. The ‘Jopi Weed’ was pushed towards him, and Caribbean blue eyes appraised the plant for a few seconds before he snuck a peek at her as she was busy pressing dressings to his wound. Scarred left ear swiveled back as he sniffed at the root apprehensively as a shudder of heat and chill rippled down the strong curve of his spine. With an affirmative snort the Viking drew the plant into his mouth and chewed upon it, the juices of the inside spilling into his mouth as he swallowed it, gazing his tongue against his upper teeth, craning his neck to the side to fix Thistle in a single eye again. “It tastes illr.” Björn’s tone made it clear that he didn’t like the taste of the jopi weed, but he took it if only to be rid of the delirium fever that the pain had chased away for a small measure of time, and Björn knew if he did not take that wretched plant then it would come back in full force - at least until his body had burned it out.

In the fever, he was not careful.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud shook her head at his dismissive tone, he was a rather taxing wolf. She got the impression that he thought himself above any and all. Thistle Cloud listened to him politely talking about his god. Just because she did not necessarily believe in any god, did not mean that she held it against any who did. True to her nature she found it interesting and would not mind learning more, or not learning more either way. "It sounds like you have a deep reverance for him Bjorn.

Thistle Cloud listened to him talking about the god's land and she was confused when he said she should consider it. "I should consider what? Going to Valhalla or being one of the last alive? She did not mean her question to be rude she was merely curious as was in her nature.

She gave him a small smile "Okay I will come back in a little bit to take them out for you. Yes I know it does not taste good and for that I apologize, but it will get rid of your fever and delirium. "
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Björn, despite leaving Odinn’s Cove in the cusp of his younger brother’s paws, still considered himself the Jarl of Odinn’s Cove, though in truth, he only held that rank when he was actively leading the Cove, and of the moment, at the Allfather’s urging, he was not actively leading anything. That title held no weight among these wolves here, but it still held weight in Björn’s heart. It was easy to forget that before slaughtering his brother for a woman whom had held his attention only fleetingly that Björn had just been a Berserker - a ‘blood-frenzy’ warrior. Important in the same way that Thistle was, needed, but not a leader. “I do,” Björn responded to her, managing to allow his thoughts to wander while keeping up with their current topic of conversation at the same time. At Thistle’s questioning of Valhalla and Ragnarøkkr a laugh bubbled up the strong column of the Viking’s throat and tumbled from his lips. “You’ve mistaken me, maiden,” Björn’s caribbean blue eyes, warmed by the mirth Thistle’s confusion had spurred within him. “I meant you could think of Ragnarøkkr as purging and rebirth of the world.” Björn clarified. “I do not know if those who are not Vikings by the rite of passage go to Valhalla, I have never been there myself.” Obviously, it was one of the places where the dead went when the grim reaper came knocking at their doors.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Cloud had never known violence, even for a woman. She had heard of it of course, her poor mother had been so violently abused and used by her former mate that it was hard to not see the scars that her mother held both internally and externally. If she had known bjorn had done this before, she would have asked him point blank if he realized the repercussions of his actions and how much he may have damaged the females even if he did not harm them physically sometimes the emotionally scars were far more numerous and hard to be rid of.

Thistle cloud heard him laugh and she chuckled along with him. Having never heard him laugh she found his laugh to contagious, as she did with all laughter. She enjoyed laughing with others. "Oh I see. And i certainly hope you've never been there as it is for the dead and you are far from dead. You seem the picture of health Bjorn, other than your shoulder there. She smiled again
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
It was a good thing Thistle did not know of his libertine ways though he still had an eye on her (for he could not help himself, likely for her it would fade just as easily and quickly as all the others) and it was the chase he enjoyed of the whole endeavor and though she had meant to push him away, the rejection had been a spark of what seemed to be impossible for him, however, he had designs of his own and he needed Thistle to approve of him just as much as anyone else. Chasing her because he fancied her - however temporarily - would likely not gain him any favors. Mentally, Björn noted that she was lucky it was him who found himself in these lands, for he had seen many of his male pack mates plunder and take women and girls against their wills, an act of which Björn had never committed. Björn was just as savage and cruel as his people suggested he would be with hardly any moral compass but there were some lines that the Viking refused to cross. His younger brother was a repeated offender of these crimes, but Björn trusted him to keep Sif safe and out of the grasp of males (including his brother himself). To take a slave was one thing, to steal the treasure of another man - the Jarl and older brother was a whole other thing.

She chimed in with her own laugh, conflicting against his deeper tones, but it was a nice and rare moment nevertheless, completed with a devilish smirk tugged at the edges of Björn’s lips. “Yes,” The Viking sighed, “But I would like to go there someday. It is a high honor.” A Viking’s honor was everything, it was the air that they breathed and the lifeblood that coursed through their veins. “I take a great pride in my physique and health, maiden,” Björn’s voice lowered, becoming softer as if he were sharing with her a secret. In a sneaky way of his, he was tempting her to come closer, for the lack of distance was greatly desired by the Viking and was the only tease of the treasure he dared allow himself without consent. “I am a warrior, protector of the innocent and weak, a harbinger of death; I am the chosen one, a once King. I have to be in excellent condition.” He murmured, lids sinking lower until he was glimpsing at her through his lashes.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle knew from listening to her mother who had been taken against her will that she would fight to the death to preserve that spark of self dignity that females should have. Though she was no maiden anymore, she was however a free spirit and did not agree with others taken a female against their will. As a matter of fact it made her very angry if she heard of it or if she ever happened to witness it she imagined she would become even a feral beast worth fearing, though her gentle nature was a deep contrast to that idea.

Thistle saw the devilish smirk and she affirmed her belief that bjorn was not a wolf to be trifled with he had a little bit of the devil buried inside. She listened to his wistful tone and she felt slight respect for the wolf who believed so reverently in his own gods and after life even if she did not believe, it was a rare thing to see one who believed as deeply as he. thistle's head snaked forward slightly to listen to his lower tones and she chuckled at his comment. "Well Bjorn I promise if I am every in danger i will call for you, though i am not weak. You were a king? She was momentarily confused why on earth would he have left a kingdom?
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Björn was not a gentle beast, not a gentle lover, not a gentle anything, there was no instance of him that was to be taken lightly, nothing that gave the impression that he was a teddy under the bear-like frame that he sported, beneath the savage and feral demeanor simply because he wasn’t. He was not sensitive, neither did he know guilt as others might have. These were the things that made him dangerous, yes, but he loved his family, and was loyal to those that deserved it of him - those that he respected in life, his faith in his Gods was a proof of this unwavering loyalty. A man, never mind how cruel or brutish, could not be without good traits that proved he was still human (so to speak). Thistle’s head moved closer to his, and Björn resisted the urge to grin, resisting the urge to reach out and close the brief distance to touch her again. His resistance stemmed from his desire to further himself more so than it did to remember that she did not want his advances.

The maiden seemed shocked that he was - or had been in their terms, a King. “Yes,” The Viking responded in an enigmatic murmur. “I was. I led my people as Jarl for two years.” He trailed off, leaving at that, wondering if he would have piqued her curiosity of if she was ready to flee out of his vicinity.

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle did not trust the bear like giant in front her easily, his size was formidable as was much of his mannerisms. He did however intrigue her and make her curious, but curiosity was all it was, his advances would have still been unwanted and unwarranted. She believed deeply that he was brutish and rough around the edges, but she was also certain that he held his own set of morals that he followed and there was some traits she agreed good that he held even if he hid them from others. She briefly wondered if he were to ever become a father if he would be one that turned to a pile of goo like her father or if he would rule them as he did a kingdom firm and unresoluting.

Thistle Cloud looked at him for a moment and then asked quietly "If you were a Jarl which I am guessing means king? Why did you leave? Did you not wish for the mantle and responsibility anymore?
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Unbeknownst to Thistle, Björn was a father, by Sveinn his captive, er stolen adopted son (of whom thought he was blood) and though Björn was unaware having left before any signs could begin showing by his gift and previous pet, Sif, who was pregnant with the children of Björn’s loins - the first children of his own blood and seed. Sveinn had been past the little squirming fuzz ball stages when they had found and attacked him on a raid that he had interfered in, but Björn had spared the boy’s life and took him in, teaching him how to be a Viking and how to be a man. To know Faith, Honor and Family above all else. He was not a posh creature, and the punishments stuck true when they were forced but Björn thought he had done good by Sveinn, and would do good by his future children.

“More or less, our language and yours do not always …match up so I have to substitute words that are similar to the meaning of yours,” The common tongue had many more words than the Nords did, which at times, made it sufficiently hard. “It is not that,” Björn corrected, shaking his head once, choosing his words with a careful precision, mostly because he was unsure of it he wanted to admit to her of his visions of Odinn. “Odinn called me away from it, to …expand.” It was the best way Björn could think of to explain it to her without going into the details sounding of a devoted and perhaps crazed follower. The visions were a gift, a gift of the chosen one his people had told him, but would someone who did not share his faith feel the same way?

1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle Listened to him with rapt attention, she always liked to hear stories of sorts and she was a curious wolf, inquisitive and questioning by nature. So if he were to stand there all day and answer her questions, it was very possible that she would ask them all day.

Thistle cloud had met wolves who had stated they had visions, though she did not always agree she did feel that they truly thought they saw these visions. So even if he had told her he saw them, she would not have looked upon him any differently. Different strokes for different folks as her father would say, she had never really understood a 100% what that meant ,but she assumed it meant different wolves had different ideas and thoughts and patterns. "Oh i see you left to follow your faith in your deity. That is no easy task and I tip my paws to you for doing that it is hard to leave all you know to travel to a place you do not know.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Björn set a lot upon his visions of Odinn, taking some of them as good omens, and others seemed to be just random. His sightings of the God was a rare gift, and as far as Björn was concerned remained far more than just a figment of his imagination. “I have many deities, Odinn is merely the King of them,” Björn corrected out of habit, having had to correct Sveinn from making the same mistake numerous times. It was an easy mistake to make, Björn supposed, given his fondness for Odinn, the connection and kinship that Björn set so much upon. “But something like that, yes.” In truth, it had been to expand knowledge as much as it had been to expand the Vikings way and establish a pack within these lands. “Odinn gave his eyes to acquire knowledge, maiden, but I would give much more.” Björn told her simply, meeting her gaze before he looked away as another feverous shiver rippled down his spine. “I am not saddened, maiden. I have the traditions of my people, and my Gods walk beside me.” In truth, it was not different than going on a raid - the chances of returning no less of a risk.
1,280 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Thistle cloud heard him "You will have to tell me more of these deities some day Bjorn, I think I would find the knowledge nice to know. She was always looking to expand her knowledge and mind.

Thistle Cloud did not understand this faith he held, the willingness to give anything and all to a god you could not see at least she did not know he could see him. She believed in absolute knowledge, but she was certain she would not give up her bodily limbs or anything to obtain it, that seemed odd to her.

Thistle Cloud saw the fever ripple across his large frame and she pushed at his uninjured shoulder. I think you should get some rest and try and sleep away this fever Bjorn, if you are to protect us and revel me with your gods you need to be in top shape. She offered him a small smile and another nudge trying to get him to rest.
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
I'll go ahead and have this archived for us. :-)

“If you want the information you know where to find me,” He would not preach to her, he would not try to convert her. He would tell her the facts as he knew them and what she decided to do with those was entirely up to her, in the end. He felt the heat and pressure of her body as it pressed against his uninjured shoulder. Scarred and unscarred ears slicked back to his skull as a soft breath slipped from betwixt his lips, stifling the noise that threatened to spill free. “Not delirious and wanton with a fever, hmm?” Björn teased her impishly, though he knew the answer to that. Nobody - least of all himself - wanted him to be out control of his body with a fever. “Fine, I will rest, maiden, but because I am drowsy from that medicine you made me eat.” And that was not a lie, his legs were beginning to feel like lead, and the urge to sprawl out and let his dreams take him was a tempting one.

As he settled down into a sphinx like position, his head collided with his paws in a huff as he peeked an eye at her before his lids, too heavy to continue to fight to keep open, slid closed and his breathing deepened into a steady rhythm of slumber.