Moonstone Quarry Clair de lune
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
All Welcome 
just 'splorin, anyone is welcome to join, tho gonna tag @Dash since you expressed interest in my threads thread

For the first time in his life, Phocion felt completely at peace. Perpetually hungry, yes. Tired, yes. But ultimately peaceful.

He had a purpose, finally--to serve Silvertip. He was now on good terms with the wolves he had offended at his disastrous interview, and he was proving himself useful to his new family. Besides hunting for Zaria and her brood, he had taken to traveling the lands around the mountain, both to sniff out potential threats to the pack and to scout for places they could find good luck in hunting.

This place was new to Phocion. It was nestled between Silvertip and the large mountain range to the south, a quiet quarry with a multitude of small pools on the floor, shimmering as they reflected the moon's pale light. It was a beautiful night, barely any clouds to obscure the lunar orb and the millions of stars that surrounded it. A bit chilly, the breeze ruffling his plush white fur, but beautiful nonetheless.

He began to travel downwards, taking great care in where he placed his paws on the narrow paths that led to the quarry's bottom. One misstep and he'd be sent tumbling; someone would stumble upon him later, lifeless, his broken body sprawled out in one of the pools. He shivered slightly at the thought and carried on slowly, keeping his gaze firmly anchored on the way ahead.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash was getting a little desperate for food and it made him go places he wouldn't generally go. The Quarry was just a weird place for him, and aside from coming to the outskirts of it once before, he had steered clear of it. But, food needed to be had, and he needed to search everywhere he hadn't yet. 

Unfortunately, his search upon this unfamiliar ground was coming up short, just like everywhere else. It really didn't surprise him, though. Walking along, gaze scanning the area, he caught sight of some movement. Another wolf. Dash was south of the wolf, and it seemed the other male was heading his way. Dash chuffed, trying to alert the stranger to his presence, but he didn't want to cause any alarm.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
A small sound below shook him from his concentration, and his ears pricked, searching for the source of the noise. His eyes landed on a black wolf, tall and lanky, below, who had given him a gentle chuff in greeting. Phocion chuffed in response.

After walking for a few more minutes, he reached the stranger and nodded in greeting. He was not a loner--the smell of other wolves on him were strong--but he certainly was alone here, and his body language posed no threat to Phocion.

"Greetings," he said with a small smile. "Am I wrong in assuming you come here searching for prey? That's why I'm here. Well, mostly."
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The male returned his chuff, and Dash's tail wagged, a clear indication he was friendly. He stayed in place as he watched the stranger make his way towards him. Hello, he said in return, giving a smile. He shook his head. You're not wrong. I've actually never really come here before. The ground is so... weird against my paws, and though I like mountains, I don't know about going down this terrain, he said honestly. 

His gaze searched the area, as if to confirm his own words. It didn't look like it had changed much since he was last here. And it still did not welcome him like it might do others. Turning his attention back to the other male, the night-like wolf introduced himself. I'm Dash, by the way, from Moonspear.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
"Pleasure to meet you, Dash," he responded, giving a slight dip of his head in turn. "I'm Phocion, of Silvertip Mountain."

He lifted his head and pointed his nose to the south. "Moonspear is that huge mountain over there, correct? I passed it by on my way to where I reside now."

Phocion took in the sight of the newcomer. Tall, but very thin, and battle tested--scars from past skirmishes littered his lithe body. His black coat was sleek and carried an almost-blueish tinge in the moonlight, his eyes a deep gold. He had the look of a warrior, yet he seemed friendly enough, his body language relaxed in Phocion's presence.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash's memories flashed through his mind at the name of Phocion's pack. Memories of a nice-enough young wolf, but then being attacked by one that came out of no where. Dash had gotten himself out of the situation, turned and ran, and never looked back. He had never met the nice wolf again, nor one of his pack mates. Dash would have asked about him, but he couldn't remember the boy's name, so he let it go. 

He nodded, confirming Phocion's question. Yup, that's my home, he replied with a smile. It still kind of awed him some moments that he felt comfortable enough to call it home. He would not take that for granted. 

Turning his thoughts back to the wolf in front of him, Dash inquired to his knowledge. Do you know anything about plants and stuff? I was wondering when all of it might grow back. Dash had no idea how long it took the grass and leaves to grow from nothing, but he was very interested in it, seeing as how it would bring their livelihood back.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He chuckled ruefully. "No, I'm afraid I'm lousy with anything green, and I don't know of anyone else who knows plants, either." Phocion thought for a moment, his pale brow furrowed. "However," he added, "I have noticed some new saplings in the ground in the forest on my mountain. Could be all starting to come back."

Phocion nodded down toward the bottom of the quarry. "Will you walk with me to the floor? I was thinking of searching for food there, if not just a drink of water." There was a small possibility injured animals could be below, trapped by a broken leg after plummeting to the ground. Even if not, Phocion was thirsty after his walk, and the small pools of water looked cool and enticing.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The other male admitted he, too, knew nothing about plants, but had found some evidence of the greenery returning. Dash smiled, giving himself a little more room to hope the foliage would return soon. He really needed a decent meal, and he suspected all the other wolves in Wilds did, too. 

Dash looked towards the bottom of what he wanted to call a pit. It wasn't that steep, he was just being dramatic. He could think of a thousand other things he'd like to do that did not include going to the bottom. Things like having a crab pinch his butt. He knew what that felt like, and would take it over going down there any day. But, Dash was no coward, and he was rather thirsty. Alright, but if I fall, put me out of my misery... And then eat me. No reason for both of us to die, he said, only half joking. He motioned for Phocion to lead the way.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
He laughed at Dash's black humor. "Fair enough, but make sure you do the same for me," he said, before beginning the slow descent down to the bottom of the quarry. It was tedious, nauseating stuff--don't look down, don't look down--but they reached the floor after a long while. Phocion let out a sigh of relief as his paws made contact with the cool stone ground.

It was fairly magnificent down here, a bowl of rock with a starry canopy above. And the pools! They glimmered in the moonlight so prettily, the water so clear Phocion had a hard time believing it was of this earth. Perhaps it was a dream. No, he thought as he dipped his muzzle down in one pool, his tongue lapping up fresh water. It was real.

After a few moments of drinking, Phocion lifted his head to look back at Dash, licking errant droplets from his muzzle. "How is Moonspear faring during this famine?" he asked casually.
380 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Dash grinned, glad the other male seemed to like his sense of humor. Deal, he agreed. He hoped, though, that it wouldn't come to that for either of them. The dark wolf was careful as he made his way down the step embankment, following behind Phocion. 

They reached the edge of the water, and Dash dipped his head to drink his fill. Lifting it, his gaze scanned the area, looking for other signs of life, but didn't see any before the other wolf got his attention. We're hanging in there, he replied. I don't think we've had any loses so far, he added. He knew he hadn't acquainted himself with all the new members yet, though, so if one had gone missing, he may not have noticed. What about Silvertip? he asked.

Dash hung out for as long as the other male wished, exploring the quarry and what lied within it. When his curiosity was appeased, he headed back to Moonspear.