Silvertip Mountain Let Me Go
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette sat quietly outside of the den, about ten feet away.  It was late afternoon and the little pup had just woken up from a three hour nap, so her eyes still drooped a little and her focus wasn't as keen, then again she was also very  hungry, so that was probably just taking it's toll to.  Odette stomach gave a rumble and she looked down sadly at her paws.  The pup wondered why they had been put in this situation.  Why was it suddenly so hard to get prey for these last twoish months.  It made no sense at all.  Had someone done something wrong?  Something horribly bad?  Was that why her pack had been put in this situation?  Odette didn't know.

Odie's puppy blue eyes lazily rolled around her sorroundings, wondering if anyone was around.  It would be especailly nice to have some quality time with her siblings, but she supposed that they were probably back sleeping in the den or on their own agenda, as she did not see any of them.  So instead Odette just sat there starring at her sorroundings.  It was then that Odette finally remembered something.  Guilt.  How last time she had been with that brown furred female and had discovered on her own account, that her Father's death was probably because of her.  Odette sniffled at the thought.  If only she had been a better daughter... then maybe she would have still had a Father.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Yes I'm about to steal all the puppy threads xD

Ezekiel had tried to catch a chipmunk, but found that catching tree borne animals was harder than it seemed. Next time he'd remember to stick to rabbits and other animals of the sort. Instead he decided it was time for a nap, and he was gonna go back home to his den. He was walking up towards the hollow when he heard a howl. An acceptance howl! Not that Zeke actually wanted to go to see the pups. That just meant that he was now allowed to take the short cut back to his den. Inside he did want to meet the pups, but at the same time he was tired and would rather not deal with mewling furry blobs at the moment. Perhaps he could sneak by their den without them wanting to meet him. Yeah, he was a sneaky guy.

The young grey male trotted around the outskirts of the clearing, going around the den and hoping to get past it. From there it would be a clear shot to his own den. This was so much faster! Well then he somehow managed to trip over a root and tumble through the bracken. Yeah, he was a sneaky guy. He got up quickly, but found himself staring at an adorable little brown sack of cute, who looked a little sad. He sighed. He wasn't going to be taking his nap any time soon.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette was able to get a few more moments of deppressing thought in when all the sudden a big grey make crashed... literally crashed into the scene.  All of those deppressing thoughts just vanished for the moment and turned into shock and surprise.  For ten seemingly long seconds Odette didn't do anything at all, just held still with her still sad expression.  Then slowly over that ten seconds she realized what was going on, which made her go all scared and submissive.  Who was this wolf?

Odette let out a frightened, yet surprising loud bark, as she began to creep away from the stranger with her tail tucked, ears pinned, belly low and fur brushing the ground, all the while wriggling backwards.  "Who aw you..."  Odie whined.  "Sta way fro me!"  She then yelped, hoping that this wild wasn't the big, scary intruder that she thought him to be.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel's eyes widened when the pup began to creep away, tail tucked and whining. Shit please don't cry. Zeke thought stumbling back and flattening himself to look less intimidating. No! No no I'm Zeke. I'm part of this pack! I'm not gonna hurt you. Your uncle Steady said that I can come past here now, we're friends. He explained with a friendly smile. Sorry if I scared you, I tripped. He said, keeping his head bowed to show that she had the power in the situation. With any luck, she'd realize that he was telling the truth, and not call her angry mother.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Remembering that Niita and Phocion had said the same thing, Odie slowly and cautiously approached with a frown.  Yet did not yet all too close to Zeke, as this male called himself.  Although she felt a little safer to hear Uncle Steady's name mentioned.  

Odie gave Zeke a nervous side long glance and then frowned, looking suddenly unsure.  "An haw da I know that you awn't lien?"  Odette questioned Zeke nervously.  The littlest of the four pups then quietly and nervously waited for Zeke to give her a hopefully good answer.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Ezekiel felt awfully bad about scaring the pup. But more so than feeling like a butt, he was scared of Odette's mother kicking him out it or to quote Steady, 'get his head bitten off'. She asked for some proof, but he didn't know what to give her. I promise I'm a good guy. Ask your uncle Steady, or aunt Krypton. I brought your mom that rabbit the other day and another rabbit that Krypton probably brought you a few days ago. I'm here to help. He made sure to keep his distance, not wanting to further frighten the girl.

Wow, he was super bad at talking to kids. But he sounded sincere. He didn't talk baby talk or act like he was talking to a kid. He talked to her in a genuine manner, as if she were an adult. That's how his family had always treated him, so he'd never known how to act around real pups.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
So tgis was the guy that had brought that rabbit!  Odette sighed in relief, and loosened up a little, but still kept her distance.  Suddenly another idea came to her.  What if Zeke was lying?  It was quite possible wasn't it... so that he could just get to her.  Odie refrained from getting any closer to Zeke, just in case.  There was also the fact that he had claimed Krypton to be her Aunt, when Krypton claimed to not be apart of her family.  Interesting...

"Ha da I know dat your naw lying abut bwinging da wabbit?  Pwus Kipton is naw ma Aunt."  Odie questioned him and pointed out.  She hoped that this wasn't some creep that was trying to get to her.  The thought just made Odette loose even more confidence and the pup slunk back even further.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Jeesh this kid was thorough! Ezekiel knew who he'd call if he ever needed to interrogate someone. He sat back, feeling a bit better when she seemed to soften up a bit. But of course that didn't last long. As she spoke she continued to step back more and more. He thought about her question then responded the best he could. Well she's not related, but I know she loves you like an aunt. This pack is like one big family, no? He asked her, hoping his own question would help ease her fear. He smiled, and said, Well if your den is back there then you probably heard your uncle Steady yelling at me for being to close. That was when I brought your mom the rabbit.

Ok, that was pretty good. Surely she'd have to trust him now. He felt he was on a mission now. His original mission was to take the shortcut to his den without disturbing the pups, but now it was to get the pup to trust him. I will leave if you want me to, I was just trying to take a shortcut to my den. It's over there. He flicked his tail to the side, turning his head to look towards his den. He was very tempted to get up and leave, but that didn't seem very trustworthy. Oh well.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
After this, Odette noticed she did mostly trust Zeke.  After all pretty much everything he said lined up... yet what if he was pretending to be someone named Zeke, when he was really some guy named Murph or Bill or Bob or Tartok or maybe even Harold!  Fear gripped her even tighter at this frightening realization.  There was also that fact that Zeke - or whatever his name was - told her that he would leave to go back to his den if she wanted him to... but what if he tried to eat her on the way!  Odette whimpered.

"Ha da I evon know dat you Zeke, when you cuh be pattending ta be him, buh accually be soooomone else?"  The pup whinned in fear, then continued on to talk about the eating part.  "Wah if ya eeat meeee!"  Odette then squealed, sharp fear shinning in her currently bluish greenish eyes.

bonfire in the snow
473 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Last from me, but Odette will love Zeke someday it is my new mission <3

Ezekiel was kind of done with this. As soon as he felt she was opening up and starting to trust him, her mind would zap back to a new scary thought. Zeke was beginning to rethink his life, and why anyone ever wanted to have pups. He shook his head with a tired sigh. It was definitely time for a nap. He'd clear this up and then be on his way. He gave the young girl a pitiful look, and said, Ok, if you really don't trust me I'll just go home. I won't eat you, or steal you, I just won't bother you. I'm terribly sorry for scaring you during your thought process and I hope you have a good day ma'am. And with a respectful tip of his head, the large wolf turned and walked away from the little one, down the path where he came. The short cut would just have to wait.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Thanks for the thread.  Good luck!  :)
Odette felt sorta bad about the situation as Zeke began to walk away, because she suddenly realized that he probably wasn't some evil, mean wolf that was out to get her.  Probably.  He had been rather polite just before he left so maybe she had been wrong?  Odette wasn't sure, but knew that she would keep an eye out just in case of a next time.

The fluffy pup watched Zeke disappear from sight, and then Odie began to stroll back to the den, throwing just a few glances over her shoulder, jsut in case Zeke changed his mind, came back and tried to eat her.  Nothing happened.  Soon ODette was back in the den though, and took a nice little nap in peace.