Ankyra Sound you opened up the door, i crashed into the wall
i'm a hold my cards close, i'm a wreck what i love most
123 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
kiddets!!111 but anyone else is welcome!

Naming the newest additions to Saltwinter was something that Lusca had been avoiding for the first week of their earthside existence. It was a rite oft-proceeded within the fresh hours of new life, but she deferred the task knowing in the back of her mind that the instant they had individual identities, her love for them would take on dimensions far greater than she could imagine. Love now meant heartbreak later; it was an ineluctable truth, and selfishly, one she wanted nothing to do with.

"Tell me aaall about your day. Spare no details." She crooned, draping her head across the smoke-ribboned back of the more clamorous half of her sons, Ingram. "Did you puke in her mouth like I asked?" Half-lidded eyes loomed up to observe his toing and froing -- such busy little lives they had. "Or is that loving gesture reserved specifically for moi?"

Her attention was drawn to Wylla. "And you, little dinosaur--you were supposed to go in for the kill with your savage chompers." Lusca flexed her bite, pulling lip skin taut in a grimace to expose her own lot of discolored molars. "I know you got 'em." She said, shuffling a woeful look at her gummed up nipples.
i'M cRaZY?! What's crAZy is that this world refuses to let me be with yOU~!! <3
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away

There were babies.

Fuck.

Maude didn't know how to handle that.

Famine she could tolerate. Fights were commonplace. But children?

Calypso'd better drown her now before she accidentally kills one of the pups.

Some part of her drew her towards the birthing den, if only to see the little pupplets before something happened to them. She had no food to bring to the mother, nor any kind words of congratulations. Only curiosity.

The wench slunk towards the den, her nose twitching at the unfamiliar, bitter smell of blood and something else. She figured that was the pups, but had no clue. She stopped a few lengths away from the den, cleared her throat, and loudly announced her arrival. Ahoy!
Maude identifies as female, but is physically male.

(She also swears like a (literal) sailor)
123 Posts
Ooc —
A scuffing outside caused her ears to stir, their lengths postured atop her skull. Lusca drew her body over her triad, hoarding them like drake does his fortune -- hiding them from immediate sight in fear of heinous intentions from the pryer. "Because why not yell." she said, warily, and mostly to herself.

She poked her head from the denmouth, eyes narrowing. "Who sent you here? Caiaphas? What does she want?"
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
She smirked at the woman's callous response, craning her head to see the little potatoes squirming beside her. T'Cap'n ain't send me, mate. Just wanted t'see 'em. She still was unaware of the brutal history behind Lusca and Caiaphas, nor the fates of the squirming lass and lads. Even if she had, it wouldn't matter to her. It wasn't her business after all. There three o' them lil' buggers? She cooed, stepping closer to the angry mother. A foolish endeavor, but one of many that Maude had made before.

~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Sorry for the crappy post ahaha but I really wanted Slancio to meet the pups

What the hell happened? An unfamiliar scent had drifted towards him when he was out exploring the territory, and with a sense of both horror and delight he identified it as pups. God forsaken, actual, living pups. He had practically torn off towards the direction of the smell, stopped halfway and turned back, before heading towards it again. His experience with pups were complicated to say the least. It had been many months since he had last seen a pup, and his curiousity gave in.

Perhaps he had learning nothing at all, but he still paused on the way to quickly grab a seagull off it's perch from the rocks and crushed it's neck, before succumbing to his inner desire to see the pups and went on his way. As he arrived near the scent, he could hear the passing conversation of two females, one who he assumed was the mother. Stepping out towards the sound, he gruffed out a small greeting to alert them of his presence.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
123 Posts
Ooc —
no apology necessary!

Tracking her gaze, Lusca shifted her weight to block the bister wolf's gaze from commanding a view of her offspring. "Yup." She confirmed, stare hard upon her as Maude negotiated a step towards the ingress. Lusca tried to impede by advancing forward as well in an attempt to block entry, when the chuff of an unfamiliar male rousted her attention. "Who are you?" She demanded, whipping her head again towards Maude and reinforcing her possessive bearing with an unwelcoming gesture. 

Outward aspect lent her an air of formidability, but the Mother concealed fear as her heart hammered in her chest. She could not trust that they were only just curious of the newest additions, as veritably true as that may have been.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude didn't pay much attention to the over protectiveness of the mother. She jerked her head around towards the sound of the chuff, her head tilting as she observed the newcomer. Ahoy, matey! She greeted him with a flourish of her tail. She hadn't met this wolf before, and she was intrigued by the boy's large amber eyes. Name's Maude, mate. She introduced herself to both the newcomer and the mother, whom she had met before on similar, tense circumstances.

~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He arrived to see the last bit of interaction between the two females, stepping out into the clearing to fully reveal his lithe body and flashing amber eyes. He gave a small grin to the enthusiatic pirate like wolf. The one who greeted him personally looked a little too big in size to be a female, but held herself like one, so Slancio didn't question. The mother, on the other hand, immediatly asked who he was. "Slancio's my name," He gave as a reply, padding closer to drop the dead seagull at Lusca's feet.

The other wolf introduced herself as Maude, a name Slancio store in his brain for the time being. "And you are...?" He asked the mother, hoping it would not come off as hostile or wary, instead curious. She held herself before her pups overprotectivly, and Slancio sincerly hoped he wasn't intruding of any sorts.
The flowers are in bloom as the birds will tell, it's a beautiful day to be burning in hell.
123 Posts
Ooc —
When posturing didn't get her the space she sought, Lusca's lips rumpled, a low grumbling noise strumming in her throat like faraway drumfire.

Siancio's approach would liberate Maude from Lusca's rapt stare -- she shifted her gaze uneasily to the male, shoulders visibly stiffening as he padded up to gift the dead gull, placing it at her feet. Her eyes fell to it, hunger clamoring distinctly in her gut. Caiaphas had stopped sustaining the mother so that she was forced to retire from the den to prospect for necessities, affording the sealouse with the opportunity to moon over the littleuns. She was understandably reluctant, then, to part from them, and quickly found herself desperately hungry. 

Not one to be precious with her gratitude, Lu canted her muzzle at Siancio and murmured a peaceable, "Lusca. Thank you." 

She was silent for a few beats, glancing between the two with squinted eyes, and then grudgingly spoke -- "You may see, but only for a moment." Clutching the gull in her jaws, she stepped aside with a permissive nod, allowing them means of entry -- nonetheless remaining on her guard should someone flout boundaries.
317 Posts
Ooc — Alisha
Away
Maude watched hungrily as the gull exchanged from one wolf to another, her tongue sweeping along her mouth as the mother moved aside to allow them entry. The pups didn't seem as interesting as before...hmm...

But this was a rare opportunity; food she could find with enough time, but the chance to see pups? Never! Maude reluctantly, then wholeheartedly, took the opportunity to stick her head inside the den and peer at the buggers.

Ahoy little maties, She chirped softly to the three wriggling seaslugs, smirking as they slithered (is that the right term for a pup's movements?) about.

~The sky's the limit~
101 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
He watched her glance at thegull, wondering if he should have maybe bought more, or made a wrong move by accidentally insulting her pride. Yet her gaze dropped and she simply thanked him, giving him her name in the process. Inwardly, he wondered how Lusca had gotten herself in such a position, why she seemed hostile to everybody. Nevertheless, she moved aside, allowing himself and Maude to take a look at the pups, and he tried not to clamber eagerly onto the side of the den, peering in nervously.

Seeing the tiny little bodies wiggle around in their sleep, carrying future life forces in them, filled Slancio with a certain sort of warmth. For a moment, he felt happiness, wishing that the pups would have a good life growing him, like the one he had once known. A fond smile came onto his face, and he silently chuffed out a soft "Hey there,", after Maude had broken the silence.