Silvertip Mountain What you perceive to be the truth and what is real
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
All Welcome 
Anybody is welcome to hop in but hoping for one of the pups (or all) and maybe @Zaria?

Niita was still mad as she made her way back to Silvertip with the gull clenched firmly in her jaws. She wasn't sure what sort of drama was going on between Steady and Phocion but she didn't want any part of it. They were both her friends and she would not choose between them. 

Entering the territory, Niita heard the Beta she was currently angry with howl an announcement that she and the other subordinates were now allowed to go near the den. It lightened her mood somewhat, being able to meet the pups and her Alpha. 

As she made her way to the den, the pale waif had already decided to give the family her gull since it was large enough to feed them. Stopping outside the den, Niita lay the gull down and let out a soft chuff of greeting.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
Darkness exists to make light truly count
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette had been lazily sitting around in the den for about an hour.  Thinking up a storm about any things.  Her Father, the stars, raging beetles, her living family, why the sky seemed like an endless void, why grass was green, why good had a taste and most of all how hungry she was.  She did this for about an hour, just dozing off.

of course she almost instantly stopped daydreaming when she caught the scent of the full outside and felt her stomach rumble with hunger.  Cautiously and submissively, Odie began to make her way towards the mouth of the den.  As soon as the hull came into view Odette almost dashed forward to go have some.  Almost.  She stopped in her tracks at the sight of the larger female and slowly began to crept backwards nervously, whining all the while.  Who was this wolf?

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
The fluffy puppy who appeared brought a smile to Niita's face. Her tail wagged as the child rushed for the food, only to stop and begin backing up with a nervous whine. 

Niita moved several feet away to give the child some space, laying down to make herself smaller. "Sorry if I frightened you, little one. I won't hurt you." Niita watched with intrigue, wondering if the pup could even understand language yet.
Her heart was a secret garden and the walls were very high -- except for the one who held the keys to the gate. 
Best thing you will ever see
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria had been out hunting, or well trying to catch something. Yet when she returned it seemed that there was a strange woman close to her young. Zaria, who did not look too well, she had always been a slender thing, and the famine didn't help with that. Yet, the emaciated mother still had her attitude and dominance. The latter was mostly how once presented themselves.

Zaria let out a growl and charged forward, but instead of fighting she jumped between the strange female and Odie who had been at the entrance. Zaria's fur was ruffled and she had her teeth bared. She was very protective of her young, especially now her mate died. She did not want anything to happen to them. He tail was raised. Zaria would see what she would do further once she knew how the female would react. She knew there were some new wolves and Steady had told them to back off, but she had missed Steady's actual howl with the okay, that they were trust worthy. Zaria had been out of the territory to look for food.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion had also heard the howl, and his ears pricked in happiness. Pups! He wagged his tail in joy, and smiled, despite the pelican lodged in his jaws. He was just about to the den, the bird's feet dragging on the ground as the white wolf became more weary, and heaved a sigh of relief as he reached the place. The relief dissipated as he saw Niita had gotten there first; he harbored no dislike for the she-wolf, but the earlier interaction between her and Steady had left him disgruntled. Nevertheless, Zaria and the pups needed to eat.

With a small, perfunctory nod toward Niita, he set the pelican down on the ground, then noticed the wriggly pup hovering near the mouth of the den. Phocion smiled warmly at her, pointing his nose at the pelican at his feet. "Hello, there," he greeted softly, his voice pitched in a friendly tone. "My name is Phocion. I've brought some food for you pups and your mother, as has my friend Niita," he introduced the white female beside him. "Feel free to come dig in." He had no idea whether the pups had moved on to solid foods or not, yet, but they would cross that bridge when they came to it.

Posted at the same time (but a little after) as Zaria, editing to reflect!

Before the pup had a chance to respond, Zaria emerged from the den, teeth bared at Niita. Evidently, she had not received the message that the new Silvertip wolves had been cleared to come this close. He took an infinitesimal step forward and lowered his head respectfully to the alpha female, keeping his eyes on the ground. "Greetings, Zaria," he said. "We mean you and your pups no harm. Steady has allowed us to come this close; I can assure you we wouldn't have done so without permission."
272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita smiled at Phocion as he appeared, receiving only a small nod in return. She wasn't sure what she had done to make all of her friends mad but Niita just looked away, laying her head down sadly.

A rather skinny she-wolf, brown of fur and dominant in stature, approached making Niita smile once more in greeting. The smile didn't stay for long however as the female, who she incurred to be Zaria, leapt between Niita and the puppy with a snarl. 

Can I get a fucking break from everyone being pissed at me? Niita said none of this out loud, flattening her ears in submission and keeping her head down. "What Phocion says is true, Steady howled a few moments ago to let us know we could begin delivering food ourselves. I can go if you wish though." Niita got to her feet, still in a submissive stance, and waited to see if it would be best to leave the angry Alpha alone.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
@Niita please remember the posting order which is currently:  Odette, Niita, Zaria, Phocion.  It's fine now, just please remember for future!  :)
Everything happened so fast.  First it was just her and the white furred female who she learend to be Niita, but then another white furred wolf appeared who turned out to be named Phocion and then her Mother, Zaria.  Her Mother jumped out in front of her, seeming to gaurd her from the others, which just made Odie loose even more confidence and slink back, due to the fact that it seemed that even her Mother didn't trust these wolves.  She then listened on as Phocion and Niita claimed that Steady had allowed them to come meet her and her siblings.  It made no sense though really as Odette too had not heard heard Steady's howl... or more so had not really been paying all that much attention to her Uncle Steady's howl because she had been much to deep in thought.

Odette began to shake, scared of this whole situation.  It was all so confusing... could so much really happen so quickly?  She supposed so, because all of this had happened.  Now Odie would just wait and see where this all went.

532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Since Niita went before Odette I can assume that it is my turn now? Zaria, Phocion, Odette, Niita.

Zaria lowered her lip and her hackles when the two others had spoken. But her tail and head stayed up. Zaria had always been protective of her loved ones and these were the only small things she had to protect. The young female looked from one to the other with a light sense of distrust. But they did spoke of Steady, and before this Ezekiel had been send away from her den bringing food too.

"I did not hear," she spoke shortly, yet the food made her more lenient. She stepped aside a bit and glanced over them once more. She lifted her muzzle a bit. "I'm Zaria. I should have met you sooner but my young are more important at the moment. I want them to survive. So most of my time has been occupied hunting for them," she explained, it was not an excuse far from. She just wanted them to know she was a very busy woman. "Odette, come out now. @Stoic, @Adeline come. There is food," she called.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion gave his alpha the gentlest of smiles at her explanation. "It's all right, Zaria," he said softly. "You have been very busy." He pointed his nose toward Niita. "I don't know if you heard us introduce ourselves before, but this is Niita and I am Phocion. We're very happy to be a part of Silvertip."

His blue eyes left the alpha and sought the pups, finding one, a little scrap of brown fur, behind her mother at the mouth of the cave. She was shivering; Phocion wanted to go comfort her, but knew her protective mother would likely not let him get so close. Instead, he nudged his pelican a little closer to the den and stepped back, waiting for the other pups to emerge.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
At her Mother's order Odette cautiously and slowly began to make her way towards Phocion and Niita.  Although she was still unsure of this situation, at least her Mother seemed more at ease with these wolves.  It just made Odette feel much more accepting towards these wolves at her Mother's word.

"Hi."  The fluffy pup yipped a little nervously.  Odette shivering slowly began to cease to a stop and her expression turned from nervous to a little bit curious as she eyes Niita and Phocion.  It was then that she remembered the question that Uncle Steady could not answer but maybe someone else could.  Odette sat down watching them both with both curiousity and nervousness.   "Da you know awnything abut da tars?"

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita relaxed, staying in a respectful stance, knowing at the least she wasn't going to be attacked or run off. She sent the mother a tentative smile. "That's understandable." Niita knew the Alpha's words weren't meant as an excuse, truth be told Niita had spent a good amount of time hunting prey large enough for the litter of growing pups herself. 

The pup, Odette, moved towards them once again though it was obvious she was a shy child. "I don't know much about the stars but I can name a few constellations." Niita answered the girl's question honestly. Her mother had been interested in the stars but Niita had only picked up the basics.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Zaria looked at the male that spoke to her that things were alright. The female would decide if things were alright or not. But instead of commenting about it. "Well at least you brought food," Zaria stated and grabbed a bit of it to place it inside of the den. She wondered if the others wanted to eat too.

The mother was quick to return to the ground level and watched Odette like a hawk. Her mate had died and this was the only thing left. She laid down, but that did not mean she was submissive to the others, it was clear how she had placed herself.
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion smiled as the pup piped up, and lowered himself down to her level, laying on his belly to look her in the eye. "I love the stars!" he told her energetically, with a grin. "One of my old friends by the sea told me all sorts of things about stars. Would you like to hear about them?"

As he spoke engagingly to the little girl, he watched Zaria out of the corner of his eye. She was no more than a bag of bones due to this famine, but she carried herself like a warrior queen, eyes bright, sharp with ferocity and intellect. He would love to see her in her prime; that time was coming, once the large animals returned and the wolves could feast again.

The other pups had yet to emerge--shy, perhaps? He had always been boisterous in the presence of strangers, but then again, due to their frequent travel, his mother and he had often encountered strangers. Come to think of it, Zaria reminded him much of his mother in her prime. She had been young when she birthed him, and was brave and strong, just like this Silvertip female. Phocion fervently hoped Zaria did not meet the same fate.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
Odette was beyond delighted when Niita told her she knew some constellations and Phocion said he would tell her basically all she wished to know.  The child's tail began to wag excited at this news and for a quick moment she turned around and flashed her Mother a beaming smile as if to show how happy she was right now.  Then Odie turned back to Phocion and Niita.

"Niita caun you pwease tell mee awl dat you know abut da constellwations and Phocion caun you pwease tell me awl dat you know abut da tars names?"  She asked them both excitedly.  Very enthusiastic about this situation right now.  Finally she had too knowledgable wolves who knew of the stars!  This was great!  Perfect even!

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Niita sent the pup an indulgent smile. Her tail wagged at finally being around the pups, it felt good to meet the children she and the rest of Silvertip were so loyal to. The other pups had yet to show themselves but she hoped they would be as accepting as Odette.

"I'll show them to you some night when it's clear, as long as your mother doesn't mind. Perhaps me, you, and Phocion could look at the stars together." Niita glanced at Zaria, wondering if the mother would object. Even without knowing the Alpha very well, she respected her for her quick protection of her children and the obvious sacrifice she had given for them. It didn't look like Zaria had been eating much, most likely giving the majority of her food to her hungry children.
532 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Oh god! Sorry I totally flunked on this!

Zaria looked over the two others, and then to her daughter who was interested in something far away in the sky. The mother grabbed a bit of the food and ate a bit before watching the two other adults closely. Zaria then decided that it was time for her to rest and that she did trust these adults with her kid. She grabbed the other food and without saying another word she went inside to feed the others.

- Zaria exit -

Please continue without me!!! :D
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Phocion gave the girl a honeyed smile, bowled over by the sweetness and simplicity of her speech. What she lacked in size, she made up for in curiosity, that was for sure.

"There are lots of stars," he began, voice filled with an almost childlike wonder. "Sirius, the wolf star, is my favorite. Yes, perhaps you and Niita and I can go look at the sky one night."

As he spoke, he found himself disturbed by her bony appearance--the famine had taken its toll on her, even as most of the food went to the pups. This was no sort of childhood for a young wolf. A feeling of guilt washed over him; perhaps he needed to hunt more for these youngsters. They deserved every morsel of meat he could find.

"I will go bring you back more food," Phocion said quietly, poking the pelican with his muzzle. "Eat this, sweetheart. You need all the strength you can get." With a parting glance and smile at the pup and at Niita, he trotted away, a mixture of joy and of crippling fear gnawing at his insides.
334 Posts
Ooc — Emma
Away
As soon as Niita offered her that all three of them, not including her Mother, could go stargazing together Odie was excited.  Her tail quickly began to wag.  "I woold wuv ta!"  Odie squeaked in excitement, imagining how fun that could be.  She was about to ask her Mother if she would come to, but her Mother was already heading back to the den so Odette stopped herself, guessing that her Mother must not be interested in the stars.  It was really to bad.

Soon after Phocion told her of the wolf star called Sirius and Odette'a mouth literly fell open.  There was a wolf star?  That was amazing!  Soon after Phocion agreed to the stargazing idea and then left to go hunt, after moving the pelican closer to her, telling her to eat.  Odie obeyed soon after, nibbling on the meat.  When Phocion began to leave though Odette head darted up, mouth full.  "Dahhhnnk dwwwwoo."  Odette called after the white male in thanks through ehr food, then her head went back down and she ate a little more.

So sorry for the delay!

272 Posts
Ooc — Kadence
Unsure whether she was supposed to stay and watch Odette given that the other adults had left, or to leave as they had; Niita shuffled awkwardly before settling back on her spot on the ground. The pup had seemed rather interested and Zaria hadn't protested, so Niita assumed the trio could stargaze sometime.

Waiting to see if there would be any scraps or bones she could have after the family ate, Niita lay in her spot to keep an eye on Odette.