Silvertip Mountain The new girl in town
249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Joining 
For @Anita!

It wasn't long before the pair reached the Silvertip border, one pale, one reddish-gold. Phocion stopped before crossing his own border, giving Anita a long look back. "Here we are," he said, unnecessarily so, as the scent markings were clear and strong. The summit of the mountain loomed above them, its sides blanketed with lush forests and rocky cliffs. Home. For himself, and potentially for Anita, as well.

"I'll call our beta to let him know of our presence," he explained. Lifting his cream-gold nose to the sky, he let out a loud howl for @Steady, voice carrying across the landscape. There is a new wolf here, and she wishes to join Silvertip, the message said.

Lowering his head again, he looked at his newfound friend and smiled. She was quite pretty, with amber eyes and a lovely lush coat of many different colors, and she was well-spoken, with a note of steely determination in her voice that was appealing. Yet Phocion felt wary after his attempts to woo Niita--which had been rebuffed, bolstered by that sullen attitude of Steady's. Nevertheless, he would befriend Anita and show her around. Whatever happened, happened.
Dazzle me, dazzle me, dazzle me with gold
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Going to go ahead and post here :>

A strong, unusual scent hit Anita before she had time to register her surroundings. The sight was breathtaking, the mountain, lush vegetation and steep cliffs made Anita feel inferior in a way. She marveled at the thought of calling this place home, if she were presented the opportunity.

Anita listened to Phocion's howl, her eyes wide with a newfound curiousity. Although it wasn't in another language, it almost seemed so. It sounded beautiful. "Well. This is it. I'm nervous--but mostly excited. Also kind of worried too." Anita muttered under her breath with a nervous grin, turning to look at Phocion.

His presence made her realize how grateful she was for finding him. Without the male, she would never be in this situation, nor would she have the intention of joining a pack. She lowered her head, gaze darting back to Phocion once again. His white coat was tipped with gold; she had not noticed this before. 

Anita snapped out of it, quickly turning her gaze back in front of her. She was weary of seeming to overbearing to her new friend and her possibly new pack members. Her mind switched to focusing on what she would say to the Beta.
[Image: TBIERmG.gif](5/5) I, II, III, IV, V Incomplete
[Image: TAZ76Qd.gif](3/5) I, IIIII, IV, V Incomplete
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Phocion's howl reached Steady up the mountain. He paused, his ears perked, listening to the message. A new wolf? Interested in who the male had brought, Steady made his way down the mountain, weaving through the trees, whose leaves had begun to grow back. It would most likely be several weeks before the grounds and forests were lush again, but it gave Steady a renewed hope.

He spotted the pair, glad Phocion hadn't brought her into the territory, as it wouldn't have been his right to do so. He had to admit, the male was smart and he learned quickly. He wondered what their history was, but he knew he wouldn't probe into that just yet. He stopped several feet in front of them, his ears perked and his tail silently showing his rank within the pack. How may I help you? he said, his gaze shifting from Phocion to the female stranger.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
The dark beta came into view, and Phocion gave him a stiff nod. It would be a little while before the two resumed friendly relations again after that Niita spat, and he still hadn't had a chance to talk to Steady about the convoluted situation.

Wordlessly, the pale wolf took a step back, letting Steady chat with Anita while he watched. He considered leaving to search for more prey, but figured he'd hang back for a while, at least to give the russet female some moral support. He caught the corner of her eye and smiled encouragingly at her, then waited for her response to Steady's query.

Y'all can skip me for now...just gonna watch!
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita eyed a dark figure making its way down the mountain. She knew who it was, a feeling of respect and fear mingling inside her. The dark-coated Beta stopped a few feet in front of her, and Anita tucked her tail slightly between her legs. She didn't know much about mannerisms, but knew that a sign of submission would be the wiser choice.

"My name is Anita, and I wish to join your pack." Her voice managed to remain calm and in control, despite her signs of submission. She meant for them to be respectful rather than fearful. "I spoke to one of your members and he told me of your pack."

Anita's gaze met Phocion's for a moment, then returned back towards the Beta. She decided to speak on her behalf, choosing her words carefully. "I promise to uphold the responsibilities of a pack member and to put others before myself," she said, keeping it short as to not overwhelm the beta.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
He turned his gaze to Phocion, who had taken a step back, and then to the female, who was submitting. He was glad there would be no need for a reprimand there. Too many wolves came, thinking they could skip that little detail.

She stated she was interested in joining the pack, that she would be loyal and the pack would always come first. Steady couldn't help the sly grin he flashed at Phocion, thinking the male had given her a few pointers as to what to say. How are you able to contribute to the pack? he asked, his voice friendly. It was the one thing she had left out that he was interested in.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita felt a feeling of relief as the beta's voice changed to a more friendly tone, but she didn't let herself become toop relaxed. She listened to his question and thought for a moment about how she would answer.

"I noticed that food was scarce, and Phocion has informed me that the pack is suffering from malnourisment. I also heard that many of the pups and their mothers are not getting enough food either," she explained, voice steady. "I would like to offer my services for not just hunting, but helping the pack to get over any hardships they face."

She waited, hoping that the words she chose stated her idea clearly.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
It seemed Phocion was the recruit here, telling her the pack had been down on its luck. But, if she was willing to help, he would give her the chance. He nodded to the female. See to it you do, and you'll be just fine here. Phocion will be your mentor, and show you around, he added. He figured the other male had been here long enough to take on the responsibility, with the added benefit it might keep hhis mind off Niita. 

Welcome to Silvertip Mountain, Anita, he said with a smile. Figuring Phocion could take it from here, Steady turned and headed back into the territory.

249 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
It was a solid entrance interview for Anita, with no hiccups or missteps. Steady seemed to take to her just fine, and she had said all the right things. The dark beta gave her entrance into the pack, then padded away back toward the mountain--likely to pine some more over Niita, he thought wryly.

Phocion stepped forward again and gave Anita an affectionate nudge, pressing his muzzle to her shoulder. "Well done!" he praised her with a smile. "Welcome to your first pack ever."

He looked up toward the mountain, eyes scanning the territory that now belonged to her, as well. "I'm happy to show you around whereever you'd like. How about a hunt?" he asked, looking back at her. "The pups always need more food, but if we end up with something extra, we could grab a little bite."

Fading here. Feel free to post more/archive. Welcome to Silvertip!!
181 Posts
Ooc — Stella
Anita listened to the beta with increasing anticipation. When she heard his words of approval, she turned around to look at Phocion. "I made it! I can be part of this pack--" Anita cleared her throat and looked back at Steady. "What I meant to say was...I am very thankful for your acceptance." She dipped her head slightly, and turned back around to Phocion.

"A hunt sounds very nice right now," she grinned, still beaming with excitement despite trying to play it off. She gazed out over the vast expanses of land. The thought of being able to roam those lands and still call them home was an exhilirating thought.

"Hunting for the pack sounds good, and so does grabbing a small bite to eat if we get the chance," Anita felt that this was the start of a new life, and was ready to experience it.
Should we make a new thread now? Sorry, still a bit new to all of this :)