Sleeping Dragon kill bill sirens
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
tiny post for @Dio. set the day after the gavriel one.

The urge to travel past her own borders has been high since she’s become restricted to her claim. Without another leader, especially with Wildfire on her mission, she’s limited to where she can and cannot go. Everything would likely be fine for a few hours but the woman doesn’t dare, knowing how quickly things can change. She keeps to the borders, though, marking weakened spots and making sure things are clear, as they often are, and once in a while attempts to catch a meal should it cross her path.

The day is still young, reaching late morning and the hottest part of the day, considers changing her course and trotting down to the river. Her head turns as she looks back upon her mountain, deciding against the river and begins her travel back into the heart of her territory.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
His own rounds are starting to edge towards a conclusion for now, although he'd likely only lay low through the hottest part of the day to resume later on because the borderlands were receiving much of his focus again, now with Gavriel out once more. What he had brought back to them regarding the Grotto wolves left a sour feeling and with the pack as it was, puppies, flux, and all, he was loathe to trust on the better judgements of those beyond their own. If Reek was not bothering to inform his wolves, they were bound to wander right into trouble, or even go looking for it unknowingly. It was best to keep this in mind and stay prepared, he believed.

When he finds his path overlapping that of the Heda's, and it being fresh, he started to track it towards the depths of the Dragon -- presumably, she would not be far and he felt compelled to seek her out considering all going on recently. With everything afoot, he knew there had to be a lot for her to focus upon, too. He would only impose as far as she would have him.

He caught sight of her and joined up alongside a similiar trail with a chuff. His ears fanned back and head lowered, respectful of the dark commander's status. "Heda," he greeted, trying to tell if she was busy as he glanced over her, and then in the direction she was going.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The heart of Sleeping Dragon doesn’t necessarily rest in the center—considering they can’t quite get to it, with the volcano and all—but near the sight the wolves congregated often enough. Perhaps the best thing they have to a rendezvous site for them to rest, something unofficial, that she might consider making it official. The wolves slept close enough to one another that if there is a disturbance, they’d be together within a matter of minutes, but something she doesn’t have to (currently) worry about.

The thoughts are disrupted when she hears the footfalls of another and she swings her head at the same time Dio speaks. She gives him a slight nod in return.

“Dio.”

Thuringwethil turns a little to face the Gona, scanning his form for any signs of trouble, and finds herself curious to his purposeful stance. She’s relaxed enough in his presence, with his future heavily considered in the back of her mind—something she reminds herself to bring up—but instead she gives him to floor to speak first.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
It's been a steady process, one that he has not pressed along unnecessarily, but he is satisfied to know their comfort seems mutual enough on the surface. This has let him feel a touch more resolute in her presence, and somewhat, it reminded him of old, better times that had once seemed impossible to get back. It's different from how it was, distinctly at that, but not bad. He is steadily coming to embrace it, unfamiliarity and all.

Nevertheless, he doesn't know if word of what bothers him has really spread yet. It is still fresh with him too, and information not even collected directly by him, so it is more like he could relay the other Gona's findings at best. He weighs whether or not to jump right to it or not, and decides to -- lest she seem overly familiar with it already. He's watching to see. "Gavriel and Toxochelys found a Grotto wolf nearby on the ridge," he proceeds to introduce, watching her expression as he spoke and immediately afterward. He'd not waste her time with the details if she already knew. "Have you heard much about or from them lately?" he pressed curiously, wondering if Reek was even still leading them or if he willingly let his wolves go so uninformed.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I know I need to reply to the other thread before this one can go forward but I will get to it very soon if I am not able to tonight, so it's okay if this doesn't get replied to right away.

Dio brings his information to the front of the conversation and Thuringwethil feels a surge run through her. Glad to hear the guardians working together, including Toxochelys, makes her happy but the news of the grotto wolf causes a sour feeling settling in her stomach. It hadn’t been her to intercept Reek’s wolf and perhaps for the better, for the wolves certainly wouldn’t have their life.

“Did they kill the grotto wolf?” she asks, jaw tightening and her teeth grind together. A part of her wishes to hear death come from this but regardless the answer is needed, so she knows how to move forward. “And no, I haven’t heard anything from them. Not since the girl from our trip to the coast.” She’d learn that a religion had been involved but about his mate leaves more questions that she’d yet to have answers to.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He's firm faced, and wishes he has more to offer. It's secondhand at best but better than nothing. "No. To send a message," he answered, personally uncertain of how he felt on that, pros versus cons of each side struck an almost-balance. Above all, he is interested to find out if Reek is capable of even interpreting what is meant by it and continue not to realize his mistake that could turn dire if he pushes it. He may be too blinded, too brainwashed by whatever this strange faith of his is. "But Reek sounds like he's lost it. Rebirth, going by Hiram now, on top of letting his wolves wander so carelessly." He felt his tail stiffen and realizes the bad taste it all puts in his mouth.

"Hush knows already too. I don't trust it, even if I suspect it's just them setting up for their ruin, but we're upping patrol." Dio decided to add on, deeming it relevant enough as well. It was about the extent of their little meeting, so she knew what he did now too.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The answer doesn't surprise her. She doesn't like it, but she can't be too picky. Perhaps it had been better Gavriel found the grotto wolf because after Esaro, they were all the same. Reek had his warning back then and didn't deserve a second one but the wolves oblivious to his faults may be far more innocent than she's expecting. Just as Esaro had been. Thuringwethil shakes her head at the thought, refocusing her attention to the problem at hand as Dio goes on to explain something crazier.

She opens her mouth to speak but she can't find the words. Dio's proposal is given a nod and she lets the information about Reek fall to the wayside for her to deal with later.

"Good. We will see how they take it but we will not go to them yet. Reek isn't smart enough for this incident to be anything useful. Probably a mistake but we can't be too careful. I'll focus on the western side, too," she finally says, knowing she isn't in the interest in taking her wolves to war a second time. Even if the first expedition had been forfeit, and they are strong, it is unnecessary for the time being.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
He's never had the displeasure of knowing Reek personally and Dio does find he'd prefer to keep it that way the more and more he found out about the wolf. Hearing the commander speak so little of him did well to confirm this. But if he's going to go so far off his rocker to have his wolves slither close, the gona knows he may not have a choice. Something may need to be done. Until then, he's going to enforce the boundaries and be there as soon as it does go wrong -- if he can.

He nods, with a soft sigh. "I agree.." he exhaled thoughtfully. Reek can't have the brains about him to make good with just this. Dio wants to keep the peace on the Dragon, especially with the viking queen's puppies young still, but there is always the underlying urge to force their hand, and pressure them with the far superior strength. Thankfully it has not come to that. It's a more distant option, he believes. For now, conservative defenses feel most justified and soon he will be off to do just that since he has shared all he has of immediate worth. "Sounds good," the gona tipped his head once more.
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
reply or archive?

With the added weight on the border, Thuringwethil doesn't doubt they'll be able to handle any threat the grotto may have for them. An ignorant subordinate had suffered Reek's mistakes a second time and she realizes that it is true history repeats itself. It will happen again, she is sure, and she needed to put a stop to it. For now, they'll address the threat at face value and up security long enough to determine what to do. Her interest, however, has turned to whatever has gotten into Reek that called for some transformation but it hasn't made him any smarter.

"Keep me updated," she tells him with a dip of her head, redirecting her course back to the borders to begin the new leg of their plan.
Trigedasleng · Common
[time & tide]
479 Posts
Ooc — -
Guardian
Warrior
Her request is simple. He nods, and almost thinks to add likewise but he has long since put his trust in his commander. She knows, he has found a comfortable place for his loyalty and thus, he knows his strengths and he knows she does too. "Will do," he nods once more for good measure, and chuffs a soft farewell before leaving entirely.