Redhawk Caldera all my friends are all gone but there's manicured lawns
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
All Welcome 

Redhawk Caldera was great. He no longer lived in fear of being devoured, he didn't have to starve and he wasn't alone at night. But he did have to keep watch out for The Ferret. Since their meet, Stoic believed he had finally found a worthy nemesis, even though their quarrel was simple play fight. Perhaps, it would grow to something bigger, the boy could not tell for sure. But, Peregrine had promised to teach him how to fight, so one day he could kick Ferret's ass when he wasn't looking. Or, that's what he thought. 

For now, he looked for the older male, hoping he could at least teach him something that day. Or maybe Stoic could ask about his father. While he was now Jack, he still had much interest to learn about the man he never knew. Maybe, he could even be better than his father, if only he knew what his father actually did. The spot where his parents filled in his heart had started to slip away, every day he spent in Redhawk Caldera. His mother was becoming a distant figure, for he could not really remember her face.

His sister, Adeline was un-memorable, for she had always been completely irrelevant to him. 

His youngest sibling, Odette was the easiest to recall, though he could not remember her voice. The other's where a blur, and sometimes at night he could see their faces in his dreams, but then the image would turn to them ripping apart his mother's dead body and he would jolt awake, refusing to think on them much longer. But for now, he happily paced through the green forest, the peak of the Redhawk rock just over the treeline.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
*glomps*

Peregrine stood on one of the caldera's slopes, squinting off into the distance. Things had been so emotionally turbulent lately and he found himself at odds with many members of his own pack. A sigh escaped him. They'd all been through so much lately. But the famine was over, the pack was still thriving and they even had a new youngster to call their own. Even though Jackrabbit was still brand new, Peregrine already considered him a foster son of sorts and he knew Fox felt the same way. Jack could never replace Peter, yet he helped fill up some of the empty space their youngest had left behind.

Speak of the devil, the Alpha thought when he saw a familiar flash of agouti fur through the trees. On broad, soft paws, he prowled toward the pup, bursting out from behind a bent pine with a loud, "Boo!" He waved his tail as he appraised the youngster. "What're you doing wandering around by yourself? I mean, I can't stop you, but you should use the buddy system until you're a bit older," Peregrine chastised gently. "Well, I'm here now. I was gonna head out for a patrol. Would you like to come with me?"
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
He had already been on edge, positive that Ferret was somewhere in the shadows, just waiting to strike. So when the deeper voice burst from behind the pine, he flinched noticeably, his muscles tensing as if to brace for impact. But it did not, and he very quickly realized that it was indeed the man he was looking for that thought it a wonderful idea to trick him. He let out a breath as Peregrine stood before him, scowling as he did so. "You're weird," Yet, he had a lot to be grateful for. Redhawk Caldera was slowly becoming his home, and the wolves within had embraced his presence rather than shun him like he had expected.

But Perry's words had him confused. Buddy system? What the heck..? As far as he knew, Zaria had always let them wander, alone or not. But he really didn't know who he was supposed to "buddy" with. Ferret was out of the question, Gannet.. iffy, Eljay.. defiantly not. The small boy was deem-ably too stupid to understand words so really, he would just have to go it alone for now. He was about to reply, that he was perfectly capable of walking by himself before Peregrine mentioned patrols. He had never been on a patrol. 

"What do you do?" He inquired, though anyone could see he had every intention to follow the older male. Out of all the wolves in Redhawk Caldera, he was the most comfortable with Perry, understandably.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
It wasn't the first time Jackrabbit had accused him as such (verbally or otherwise), so Peregrine just smirked at him and replied, "I know you are but what am I?" Evidently Ferret had come by his obnoxiousness honestly, so really he had nobody but himself to blame for the kid's solid categorization as an asshole.

Although the pup's question surely had to do with patrolling, in the interest of continuing his facetiousness, Peregrine asked, "What do I do? Well, a lot of things. I walk, I talk, I eat, I shit..." He trailed off, eyes rolling skyward as if pondering. But that was pretty much it. His gaze dropped again, resting on Jack's face. "What do you do?" He sounded sort of like a parrot or a toddler or something. Who was the pup here again?

Jack didn't seem particularly amused by his foster father's antics, which tickled the Alpha male all the more. "We walk in circles, bored to tears, unless we get lucky and get to slay an intruder. C'mon." He motioned for the pup to move ahead and then fell into step behind him as they headed in the direction of the borders.