Mount Everfall soittajapaimen
the bear
26 Posts
Ooc — Mary
Private 
Set before this thread - @Amber
The night had fallen on the strange new lands with a quiet hum that had allowed the broad bear to wander with ease without fear of the savage burning sun on his thick coat. The muscles of his frame swayed as he padded along the treacherous drops of the mountain. Lærke – thought large – was surprisingly graceful in his movements as he bound across a cut in the rock and landed on the other side where a perch seemed to jut from the side of the rock formation. The soturi believed it would be a beautiful place to settle for the evening before he would set off and delve deeper into the wilds.

The stars sparkled overhead like a glittering array of diamonds. Though the warrior was far from his home, gazing upon the familiar twinkling lights was a familiarity that allowed his spirit to travel to the moonlit wolves of home. The tundra was missed by the broad beast, but he had known that his skills were needed elsewhere, and the great shamans of his tribe had told a great many stories of the lands in the south. So, Lærke had set out in search of his own great tales.

Finding himself a comfortable position on the jutting rock, the bear lowered himself so that he was resting flat on his belly, propped up by his elbows. It stretched out far enough that he could gaze across the wilds that spread before him. The terrain was vast and different in many locations, but the cocoa-cloaked wolf believed that it would be prosperous for him and his family – should they find him there. A quiet sigh fell from his lips and the twists of his mind allowed for him to draw fondly on the lullabies he would sing to his siblings when they were small. A small breeze played with the fur along his neck and shoulders. His stoic figure would soon blend with the darkness around him.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Quite the traveler Amber had been the past few days, back and forth over the borders to ever add to her knowledge. It seemed whan she wandered, she learned, and so while she didn't go far the shadow queen often found herself wandering the Hinderlands. Silver Creek was more of a home to her every day, and so she didn't have any reason to go more than a nights walk or two from the familiar land and the faces inhabiting them.
Tonight, she really stuck close, padding only over to the mountain behind them to stargaze. Despite the curves to her body softening her frame, Amber was strong. The ebony fae picked her way easily up the mountain and hadnt gone far before the scent of another drew her a different way. New people meant new knowledge, after all, plus he was a little close to home for her comfort, moreso than that scout Finch had been the day before. 
She came into view of him just below her, and though she stood still she could see enough space in ledges below for her to easy go closer. 
                 "Bonjour, good sir. What're you doing on this beautiful night?"
[Image: Z077D80.jpg]
the bear
26 Posts
Ooc — Mary
As the night stretched before him and the great bear found his tired muscles in a state of relaxation, the warrior could not help but to find a quiet hum that formed in the back of his throat. The broad beast had always been fond of sharing his voice with others, but the evening air was so pleasant that he dared not to allow the full boom of his vocal bass. Instead, the massive creature was possessed by the love of his many lullabies and so he hummed into the darkness until a voice roused him from his moment of peace.

Darting his silver gaze toward the sound of the woman, he caught sight of blue eyes against an inky backdrop. The inquiry from the female had been polite enough, and so Lærke granted her a crinkled smile that stretched to the edges of his eyes. Rakeet, dark one,” he greeted to her in his native tongue. Lærke did not know that the wolf spoke French, but his own Finnish language would be lost to her if he struggled with translation. Clearing his throat, the bear gestured with his muzzle toward the night sky and breathed a quiet sigh. “I was… how you would say… stargazing?” his bass filled the air around them like a warm breeze.
Sometimes you just have to throw on a crown and show them who they're dealing with.
227 Posts
Ooc —
Panting a little bit from her climb, she was glad to see that this beast of a man was friendly. Not only that, he was a star watcher. A grin spread across her obsidian maw, and she crept closer. Her eyes flickered from the man to the sky, seeing just what he was looking at. As usual, it was a beautiful sight, one that brought the queenly woman much joy. 
                "I, too, am a starwatcher. What do you know about the stars?"
She settled close, but not too close, keeping a yard or so between them as she introduced herself.  
                             "My name's Amber, Amber Ciel. I live in the pack over there, Silver Creek."

@Lærkee can we finish this thread?
the bear
26 Posts
Ooc — Mary
oh yes I was waiting for you to return originally! Glad you're back :)
The inky woman inquired about his knowledge of the stars, and the great bear cast his argent gaze toward the skies with an air of longing. He knew enough of them - knew that his people believed the stars to be carriers for the souls of the most skilled in battle. The soturi had often thought of them as a distant dream, and - once - an unattainable future. "I do not know if there is any certainty in the galaxy, but I believe the stars are a vessel for the strongest of spirits," he spoke to her in his heavily accented voice. Pulling his ghostly vision from the dark skies, he fixed his sights on her and breathed a quiet sigh. The muscles in his shoulders relaxed for a heartbeat. 

"I am called Lærke Ansbjørn," he offered his name in echange for her own. She belonged to a pack that was not far from them. The sound of it was entirely unfamiliar to him, but he assumed that it was worthy of her pledge. "I have not yet found a pack to house me," he then added, a small smile curling his dark lips. The bear was certain that he would find something. The world was vast and full of splendor. 
227 Posts
Ooc —
I figured, and I thank you! Just wanted to give it a poke just in case, though.

Amber listened attentively to the massive man, and when he turned his face to the sky so did she. He believed that the stars held spirits - a chunk of lore she'd never heard before, and so was valuable knowledge to keep - and the shadowy femme couldn't keep the look of surprise and interest on her face as they again met eyes.
                   "I've never heard that before - would you like to hear a story about one of the constellations?"

His name was Laerke Ansbjorn- a name that would surely stick in her head for a very long time if not for its total uniqueness - and he had no pack. For a moment, the Ciel almost invited him to her pack, but decided that maybe later she would- they were already talking, after all.