Two Rivers Isle AND I'M LIKE; YOU SON OF A FUCKING MALFOY
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
set right after THIS thread. It's storming pretty hard, thunder, lightning, rain. @Pyro @Vassago @Burke

Right after the lesson had ended, Aeronwyn gone to seek shelter in either her den or somewhere else, it had begun raining. The sky was a dark gray, almost black, and it was floating right above them. It had started of lightly, the rain only somewhat making her chocolate brown pelt damp, but soon it began pouring. She reached the den, soaking wet, hoping to see her family there. Only Vassago and Pyro were present, and Malice moved around them and placed her by her wet yet warm belly. Where was bunnybutt? Lost in the storm?
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

Life has a beautiful, crazy design
143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The first boom had been the scariest thing Pyro had ever heard in his life. He curled his tail between his thighs and shrank to the ground for a moment before seeking Vassago's side. "MAAAAA!" he yipped repeatedly until her figure materialized at the entrance, and as soon as she set foot inside Pyro ran to hide tightly under her belly. Ears flat to his brown head Pyro sought his mother's eyes in utter fear, he didn't voice his question, but it was vivid in his eyes. What the hell is going on??
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke noticed the storm coming, though the male didn't look up from a bit of thunder and lightning. The male trotted through the heavy rain that came down upon him. His thick alaskan coat helped him to not feel much. After all his undercoat stayed rather dry.

The male knew that with heavy rains, and being close to rivers, that they could flood. They had this happen in Black Feather once before. The male walked over to the edge of the river. The water was flowing much faster, but even if it would raise a bit he was pretty sure they would be safe.

The male wanted to know this, though their den was on higher ground in the forest, it didn't mean that water couldn't reach it eventually. The male stopped as the thunder crackled, soon followed by lightning. The male frowned, maybe he should make his way back to the den.

Burke made a quick run for it deciding he didn't want to be a fried wolf. The thunder crackled again making the ground tremble. Lighting lighted up the darker world around him as he entered the den. Malice and the two pups were there. Burke was basically dripping. "Well, that is what you would call a storm," he pointed out.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
A Journey Only Just Begun
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago and his love of water was having a blast in the entrance of the den, barely noticing that now was the best time of all to escape and run free. He pawed at the droplets, and then squealed and ran around the den like a madman, tracking little puppy prints all over. Just before Malice came home, though, a clap of thunder sounded, and THAT was enough to make the eldest boy freeze with his wide blue eyes gaping towards the rain. The littlest of squeaks left him, but as Pyro sought his side in fear the boy sucked it up and growled outside at the flashing lights and loud noises. He had to protect the littler boy, make him feel safe just like Pyro had for him just a few days ago. 
They weren't there for long before Malice came in and scooped them into the nest to curl into the warmth of her belly, and Vassago gave her puppy kisses when she came to their level. Keeping his own sides touching Pyro at all times, Vass kept still for once and watched outside some more. He startled at each flash and clap of the forces outside, but they surprised him more than they scared him. Burke came in next, and he was greeted with a warm bark from at least the elder boy.
Follow The Tracks I Lost Long Ago

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
As the world was falling apart outside, the thunder coming almost at the same time as the flashes of lightning indicating that the storm was close, she huddled her children close to her. She planted her head down near them, softly blowing warm air to them to hopefully calm them down a tiny bit. Vassago didn't seem all too bothered, but Pyro sure didn't like the storm. She hoped he would understand one day that it wasn't going to hurt him, but that would have to wait.

finally, bunnybutt made it home safely, and Malice raised her muzzle to greet him with a smile. She scooted over a bit to make place for him to lay. Now they were mated, she did not feel all that awkward around him anymore. She felt safe more than anything with her family. She then gave both children a lick and started humming and softly whispering A TUNE in her own crappy-not made for singing- voice that cracked here and there.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Pyro was on the edge of shaking when his father entered the den. He looked exactly the way he did when Pyro fell into the river, and the memories brought a soft whimper out of him. Was he alright? Did he get eaten by the river too? Was the world truly falling apart?

It all happened so fast that all Pyro could do was curl around himself right between mom's warmth and Vas' protection, and hope that somehow he wouldn't die. That was when mom's sweet voice hummed around him, and his ears pricked up to listed at the tunes. He didn't get all the words, but he got the message. There was nothing to be afraid of, and his nerves started calming down slowly as his mother's voice drove him to peace. The rain didn't sound scary anymore, instead each droplet's ding started resembling a chorus to Malice's lullaby.

The once frightened brown pup lifted his head, ears swiveling back and forth to better catch the many sounds that sounded around him. He looked around with renewed curiosity and dared untangle himself from his mother's embrace to inspect the phenomenon from up close, but not without first yipping in request for Vassago's company.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
The father responded to Vassago with a soft chuff in greeting and nosed over his head. Then he greeted Malice with a lick over her head. Burke shook out his coat lightly, it was just a habit, before sitting down. He watched the pups by Malice her belly. It seemed Pyro was quite scared. Burke wanted to say something but decided against it, Malice was already humming a song and trying to calm him.

As it turned out it did help and the pup was more eager to look outside from the den entrance. Burke yawned before laying down next to Malice. "I went to check upon---" Thunder rumbled hard and soon followed by flashes of lightning. "--the river. I wanted to make sure that it wouldn't over flow too much in a flash flood or something like that. When we had such a storm at Black Feather the swamp flooded most of our territory," he explained. "But it seems safe!"
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Oblivious to the conversation of his parents, and quite honestly anything that wasn't the storm or his little brother, Vassago readily followed Pyro further from his mother. He didn't stray from the chocolate boy's side, pressing close and licking at his ear a few times. His stuby tail was up high, as were his own ears, but his eyes steeled against the outside, in general. He dared anything to come close, to scare his brother or cause him pain. He'd use the moves Aunt @Aeronwyn taught him, bite and hit. Such a mighty warrior in such a tiny body.... for now.

776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Her song seemed to calm the boy, which made her somewhat proud. She was not one to sing or hum often, so this was somewhat a compliment. A motherly smile was on her muzzle as the two adventurers went to check out the storm that brought such a thick moist air even inside their den. The smell of freshly fallen rain of the summer also drifted in, and Malice closed her eyes as she moved her nose a little closer to the opening. She loved that smell. Flowers were nice, but perhaps too sweet for her. If she ever wanted to smell like something, it was this.

Her eyes blinked open as Burke began talking, happy that he took everything very seriously. Even in a storm he would check if they were all still safe, proving that he truly was no Blackfeather Wolf. So far, Malice found them to be rather selfish and rude- and while Burke was rude sometimes too, she figured it was because of either his age or good reasons. She nodded as a response and moved her head back to give him a lick over his already wet cheek. I just hope everyone has found a dry place by now...
~Adopt Avalon!~

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
His company was encouraging, his encouragement empowering. Vassago was the basement for Pyro's courage, and without his support the kid would have probably been left behind a long time ago. Licks behind his ear pushed him even further, it became a game in little time, and the dripping from the den's ledge making a curtain of water at the entrance looked more like fun now that two or so minutes before. The kid placed a paw outside the den, feeling the tingling of the rain for the first time on his skin, but looked back with lolling tongue and a wavy tail when he realized he was probably pushing too far. Was it okay to go outside? He did not speak, but the question was loud in his eyes, and the recipient unmistakably Burke. Malice had assured there was no danger in the rain, but Burke had always seemed to have an apprehension for water ever since the river incident.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched the pouring rain outside. "I believe they all would have," he nodded. He was pretty sure all had a dry home somewhere around the island. Burke watched how the kids were getting closer to the den entrance. He watched them, curiously so, as Pryo seemed to set his foot outside, to then follow to look at him with a questioning glance.

Burke instantly gave a look back to him. He lifted his head a bit. He didn't want for pyro to be afraid of water. But he also didn't want to have him catch a cold. He gave a quick nod in approval. "But come when called," he warned. He was going to drown him in the river if the damn pup would think running off again.
209 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Away
Vassago knew that, at some point, Mom or Daddy would scoop them up and bring them back, or call them back. Until then, he was happy to push as far as he could, but his limit was not the rain: it was Pyro's waist. He followed Pyro until, when stretching out his neck, he could get his nose a little wet. A grin lit up his face, and he strained to get closer, but to move would mean letting his little brother out of his sight, and that wasn't acceptable right now. 
              "Pyro?"
The boy had stopped, and Vass' weirdly greenish eyes were turned to his brother in question. Couldn't they go just a little further?"

143 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The anticipation burned him. It was likely father wouldn't let him leave the den at all, and he wanted to see the rain for himself so badly that he even thought of running away again. But there was no need for that. For some reason, Burke decided it was okay for Pyro to explore, it caused great excitement to the little troublemaker. He yipped at Vassago to follow, he had been waiting for him, and then jumped right into the rain. It was cold, wet and loud, but it was exciting.

The dark pup splashed at a puddle a few paces away from the entrance, making sure the den never got lost from view, and barking he called for his brother to come enjoy the moment with him.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She was surprised to see that the small boy wanted to go exploring, and even more surprised that Burke found it alright. She smiled. Her family was the very best, and no one could tell her differently. She scooted closer to her man. Even if they were both drenched she wanted to cuddle with him. As soon as the pups were out exploring the puddles and the rain, she stretched herself out to reach Burke's ear.

Love you... She whispered, giggling as she made herself comfortable again. She placed her head on her paws, but was sure to lean it against Burke a bit too.
~Adopt Avalon!~

1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke watched the pups go outside, letting them be. Hopefully they would learn from it. If it was really going to thunder louder he would call them inside. But now he wanted Pyro to experience that water is not bad. Malice curled herself against him and he just rested his head on her when she placed her how head on her paws. Burke smiled. "I love you too," he hummed as the kids were playing outside, not bothering them.