Redhawk Caldera The demigorgon stole my sister
worlds best dad award winner
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
All Welcome 
AW, maybe somebody Lagan hasn't met yet?

Tiarnach was on edge ever since Lucy was taken. Where had she gone, had the monster eaten her? His natural laid back, lazy state of mind had become more restless and awake. His little heart wanted to go looking for Lucy, but he was too afraid, plus papa was already on the case. He trusted his dad to find her, he held great faith in the man. But him and Liffey were older now, and Lagan missed their little black soot spot. With Elwood exploring more often, and Liffey and mommy alway seeming to be asleep, Lagan found that he had a bit more adventure in him than previously expected. He liked to think he was a rebel, but he was really bad at it.

It was early morning, the sun peaking into the Blackthorn den. The chubby cheeked child awoke with a yawn and a stretch, then prodded gently at his twin's side. Iffy! He 'whispered' loudly, in an attempt to wake her up. This would be the day that he went looking for his sister. He'd worked up the courage, but wanted Liffey to come with. Unfortunately she had other plans, and she rolled over into her mother's tummy fur. Tiarnach flicked his ear in annoyance. Mean Liffey, how could she possibly be more lazy than he? With a sigh the boy stood and exited the den 'quietly', tripping over a rock on his way out.

Once outside, he paused to feel the warmth of the sun against his fur. It felt good. But it was bright, and his now almost fully developed apple green eyes had to squint to keep from being blinded. He grunted at the sun, then got to moving. He ventured out further into the territory, into a forested area. It wasn't long before he got tired, and extremely hungry, and slouched against a rock to rest. He was a decent distance from his den, but not too far that he wouldn't hear his mother's call. It hadn't occurred to him that there might be wolves in their pack he didn't know, but  who knew who he might meet out here.
I'm Free to be The Greatest here Tonight
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
Life at the Caldera was... Claustrophobic. Every time Trick woke up, he found himself imagining the walls of the volcano closing in on him. He was sure he'd get used to it someday, but for now waking up was a terrifying experience. He had seen volcano's before, but coming close to one had never been on his bucket list. He was also afraid of meeting wolves of his age, seeing as he was still practicing being friendly and having feelings, but that was going... alright, he guessed. He wondered where Grace had gone though, for he hadn't seen her in a while, and also wondered if Teagan had been accepted or denied already. Hell, he was afraid the young man had killed himself after their accidental run-in.

He inhaled deeply, wandering through the bowl of the Caldera for the twentieth time with a rat in his mouth, finally getting a feel for where the hell he was going. No wonder running into wolves here was difficult, it was huge. Though it was a plus he could snack upon his well-deserved meal in silence. Never had he been able to at the Keep, nor had he slept alone the time he was there.

His nose picked up a scent, one that was not the dead rat, and he wondered if his dream meal had been ruined before seeing a little dot of fluffy fur. He froze. He wasn't at the rendezvous, right? Shit, Perry would kill him. Well, maybe not so drastic, but he would get a nasty image in the alpha's head. Well, it wasn't completely his fault. How was he supposed to know where the rendezvous was without anyone having shown him around? He cleared his throat loudly, trying to get the attention of the young boy, hoping to bring him back to wherever he was supposed to be right now.
·Wylie refers to himself as Trick. 
· Shakespearean, normal English and a pirate impression.
~Adopt Avalon!~
[Image: Caregiver_zpsbqqkmcip.gif] ~1~ [Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif] ~2~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine wanted to help Elwood search for Lucy, though he knew Shrike was already on the case too. So the Alpha hung back, sticking close to the pack's center to help keep an eye on the other Blackthorns and make sure Finley wanted for nothing, no matter how awkward things still were between the two of them. He ached for the missing girl, the wound Peter's death had torn into his heart ripped open again by this grave development. At least there was still hope for Lucy that she could be found and brought back home alive.

Presently, the Alpha prowled toward the Beta pair's den with a fat hare swinging from his jaws. En route, he saw movement between the trees and veered to investigate it. He found Lagan slouched against a rock. Beyond him, he spotted Trick. Peregrine's hackles prickled. He went to stand over his nephew, gently setting the carcass beside the resting boy and keeping his eyes fixed on Trick. He might have been fun to look at but after what had happened to Lucy, Peregrine did not feel open or trusting to anyone he didn't know very well.

"Trick," he greeted, voice stiff. He wouldn't tell Trick to go, however his tone warned him from getting any closer to the pup. "What're you doing out here by yourself?" he added, finally peeling his eyes away from the subordinate and gazing down at the tuckered-out cub. "Here," the Alpha said, nudging the dead rabbit toward him, "eat something."
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan's small head whipped around when he heard a voice being cleared. At first all he saw was a black figure. Then monster! It'd come for him too, to take him like it's taken Lucy. He stumbled away quickly, fear growing in his apple green eyes. But then he realized that this other was just a wolf. And unlike the monster, this wolf had vibrant green eyes, like a summer forest. Cautiously still, but now certain he wasn't gonna be stolen, he giggled. Ooh not a monther, wath or name? Lagan hadn't quite mastered speech, he had a lisp and refused to believe in the letter Y and the sound it made.

Soon another black wolf arrived, and Uncle P hovered defensively over the boy. Lagan strained his neck to look straight up at the male, his tail wagging on the ground. He didn't know that he might be in trouble, he was just glad that Uncle P was there too. Gunclee peeee! He exclaimed, placing a slobbery lick on the older male's front leg. His energy had returned to him, now that there were others there. Those others being potential playmates. Peregrine offered him a rabbit, and Tiarnach's eyes lit up. Tongue out, he zoomed for the food, ripping into it as best he could with the few teeth he had. He was still lacking in some of the pearly whites, possibly because he was born during the famine. He was rather small for his age, but he was learning quickly.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
It was no surprise that the kid was scared of him. He wasn't really a friendly,fluffy looking, cute brute like Stark. But whatever the kid was thinking would have made him mad if it was said out loud. He would never take a pup from their parents if the parents didn't deserve it. He was selfish, but not that selfish. Her ears lowered, tail relaxed and swaying gently from side to side. An eyebrow raised as the young boy giggled, confused at what was a laughing matter? Did the boy know he was completely lost? Uhh, Trick. He answered, still not comfortable with others using his birth name.

Just as he was about to come a little closer and try to figure out where the boy belonged, the meeting was crashed by Perry. A guilty look washed over the tricksters face, and he dearly hoped he hadn't broken any rules. He dropped his meal and bowed, keeping a submissive stance as he avoided eye contact. I was trying to figure out where the bloody h- He cut himself off as he was about to curse in front of a young soul. Where I was going. He explained.

His eyes flickered to the boy racing for his treat before continuing his explanation. I still haven't found a suitable place for me to rest, so I was wandering around- you know, and stumbled upon the little fella. He wasn't lying for a change, and it was weird for him to be more nervous for telling the truth than a lie.
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Peregrine ruffled the fur atop the boy's head with a fond snort, eyes following him as he set upon the kill and began to eat. The Alpha's attention then returned to Trick. He squinted. He was lost? He couldn't find a place to sleep? Perhaps Trick was the Ryan Lochte of wolves: super pretty, even talented, but dumb as hell.

"This guy shouldn't be so far from his den," Peregrine replied, a slightly admonishing tone in his voice as he regarded his nephew, "but what's up with you? What have you been doing this entire time?" He had welcomed Trick and his sidekick a week or more ago and Peregrine just pictured him wandering like a mindless zombie. "And where's that Grace chick?" he wondered.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Trick? Lagan was pretty sure that was not a name. But then again, he had no idea what Lagan or Liffey even meant, so at least Trick had some substance. He gave Tricky a small smile before turning to his meal. Uncle P gave his head a quick ruffle, making his soft silver pelt tussled, a large tuft sticking straight up. He hummed happily, twisting to look over at Uncle P. He really liked the black furred male, he never disappointed, kind of like his papa. 

Finally he returned to his lunch, digging in whole heartedly. It didn't take him long to demolish, when he was done he yawned loudly and licked his lips. Now interested in the conversation, Lagan stepped away from his kill to look and listen to the two black wolves, his little brain attempting to soak up the language. Mouth agape as he tried intently to understand, he recognized some of the speech, but some of it was new.

What he missed was bloody something, and Grace Chick. The rest of it he either pieced together or decided didn't matter. But what was bloody h- and what was a grace chick? A confused and frustrated expression lit his face, it was obvious how hard he was trying to make sense of their nonsensical blabber. Finally he gave in, they had beaten him at the word game. Gunclee pee wath a grath chick? He interjected, very much interrupting. The Blackthorn boy didn't know he was being rude, he was just very curious. He didn't really even know what rude meant, it's definition eluded him.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The trickster watched the silent conversation between the boy and Perry. He wondered if they were father and son, though the boy really didn't look like his father then. If Trick had the ability to real minds, he'd be greatly offended. Trick wasn't dumb, far from it. He just had a hard time settling in. His speech very much reflected his intellect as well, though he had given up Shakespearean. It seemed like many were confused when he spoke like that, not to mention it was hard for him to talk like that without becoming all physiological. 

He straightened himself as it looked like he hadn't offended his new leader, keeping a lower pose but being a bit more comfortable. He nodded. He understood the young boy was not where he belonged. I've been out hunting, met an old friend there, socialized with some of my packmates... He summed up as his eyes trailed over Perry's frame and then that of the gray fluffball. I've explored the Caldera, but I just have a hard time settling in. He explained shortly, not revealing why he was this way. 

He frowned at the mention of Grace. He hadn't seen her very often, but the past days it felt like she had disappeared. I'm sorry, sir, I have not seen my comrade in a while. I would not worry too much abo- He stopped talking as the fluffball tried to wurm his way into the conversation. Seeing he was so young, Trick forgave him interrupting. As I was saying, I would not worry too much about her presence. I took her with me for some company, not to keep an eye on her at all times.  
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
The Alpha smiled when Lagan both physically and verbally rejoined them. "It's a name," he explained patiently, then turned back to Trick. He was having a hard time settling in? Well, that didn't bode well. And it sort of sounded like Grace had slipped off or something. Trick didn't seem concerned and told Peregrine he shouldn't worry either. But the Alpha wasn't concerned about her well-being or anything as altruistic as that. It pissed him off when newcomers didn't make a point of proving themselves and it sounded like this one was being downright scarce. If she didn't shape up, he would ship her out, assuming she hadn't already left herself.

"It really bugs me when people call me 'sir,'" Peregrine said bluntly. "You're more than welcome to call me Perry or Pere or, hell, Uncle P if you want." He shot a toothy smile at his nephew. Although it was Liffey who looked like him, peering at Lagan reminded him of the situation with Lucy. His demeanor and tone shifted. Still looking at Lagan, he said, "Lagan, would you like to update Trick on the latest pack news? Tell him about Lucy?" he coaxed gently. It was a sore subject but as a member of the pack, Trick needed to know, and it was Lagan's story to tell even more than it was Peregrine's.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
A name? Grace Chick was an even stranger name than Trick. But he liked the way they rhymed. He nodded to his uncle, glad he understood. There was still the question of the word bloody h, but that would be for another time. Lagan sat, for once he was quiet and patient. Partly because he was tired and had a full stomach, partly because he was interested in listening. Uncle P shot him a toothy smile, and Lagan giggled. Uncle P was so funny! He shot back one of his own, but with less teeth of course. 

But suddenly Uncle P was asking him something. Something that made Lagan's ears flatten. He didn't really want to talk about Lucy, he was just beginning to forget, but if Uncle P wanted him to. The small boy walked a bit closer to Tricky, so that he could see the other better. The male looked like a smaller version of his uncle almost. Of Lucy. Monther ook my Uthy. My isther ith mithing. He explained as best he could, but there were so many s's in that sentence that he found himself a bit tongue tied. Another thought came to him, which cheered him up a bit. But papa ith gon find er! Papa ith really cool! He said, trying to convince both Trick and himself.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
It's as less a name as Trick is. Trick joked. It wasn't usual for him to joke about his own name, let alone that of another, but never did he find Grace to be a name. He had never questioned her about it, afraid it might offend her, but he had his suspicion that she was hiding her real name too. But it wasn't like he could ask her now. He'd have to find her, and as much as Trick was a tryhard, he didn't want his time to go to waste to something so dull and uninteresting. If Grace had truly left him to be at the Caldera, so be it, but never would he see her as a friend again.

He blinked. The leader did not like to be called Alpha nor sir. He was giving the formal speaking Trick little to work with here. It felt rude to the bone to address him anything other than sir, or my honor. Do excuse me then, I come from a very formal family. He with his eyes to the ground. I guess Perry will work. He eventually gave in. 

His left ear twitched. News? What had happened? Who was Lucy? His attention shifted to the little boy, who was coming closer to him. Never had a kid approached him like this, and so his eyes flickered to Peregrine, silently asking if this was okay? He had a hard time understanding the boy, but after some thinking, he got what he was saying. A monster you say? Why did this monster want your sister so badly? Trick asked, deep in thought. He was sure it was not an actual monster, just another wolf, but still. What did someone want to do with a child if not kill and eat it? And who is your da? He questioned, thinking of offering his speed and traveling abilities to find this poor Lucy.
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Lagan explained and Peregrine's lips twitched at the mention of a monster. It wasn't entirely incorrect. Anyone who would snatch a young puppy from her family had to be some kind of monster. When the boy sang his father's praises, Peregrine's eyes lifted to Trick to make sure he'd understood. He didn't think Trick would dare make fun of Lagan's lisp—Peregrine would have kicked his ass pretty goddamn hard if he so much as tried—but he understood that it could sometimes be difficult to follow.

But maybe Trick wasn't dumb after all. He comprehended Lagan's story and even asked him a few questions. Peregrine wanted to give his nephew the opportunity to answer but he also needed to relay some key information himself. "Liffey, Lagan and Lucy are Elwood and Finley's children. They are the Betas." Trick should know this by now, though if he had given the pair's den a wide berth, Peregrine couldn't exactly fault him for obeying his command. "Some trespasser managed to nab her. Elwood and our Gamma, Shrike, are out looking for her while we," he continued, gazing down at Lagan momentarily, "are holding down the fort."

Looking back up at Eta, he said grimly, "The culprit was black with red eyes. Isn't that right, Lagan?" Elwood had relayed this information to the Alpha via the pup, who had witnessed the abduction with his own eyes. "Any effort to find him and Lucy are appreciated." He paused, wanting to say something else. He considered his audience and his words carefully before adding, "You may want to make sure your medical supplies are stocked. We may need them." His lips pulled into a thin line.
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Trick responded to Lagan as if he were an adult, which Lagan liked. It made him feel like one of them, like a contributing member of this conversation. He was about to answer Trick's questions when his Uncle jumped in. The boy closed his pink mouth, allowing the older male to speak. He had kind of wanted to talk himself, but he wouldn't be mad. Lagan was never mad. Sad or scared yes, but he'd never be mean. After Peregrine told Trick about Lagan and his family, the boy shifted his feet excitedly and barked, An big bro Eljay! He then looked to Uncle P, wondering how the alpha could've possibly forgotten about Eljay.

Uncle P explained some more stuff, then described the monster, asking to make sure Lagan agreed. The boy nodded his head, he was spot on. The monster flashed through his mind, those red eyes staring into him. He frowned and shook away the thought. He hated thinking about the monster, and hoped that if he didn't, everything would be ok. But he knew that wasn't true. Peregrine said that any help would be appreciated, and Lagan nodded seriously, forgetting the red eyes and returning to now. Apre- Apprish- Apppreshitted! He exclaimed to Trick, glad to have gotten that word out. He didn't know what it meant, but it sounded smart.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
He listened with care, storing everything that was told to him in his brain. He did not want to forget this sort of information, but he doubted he would. He had never forgotten something important, and if he had, he wouldn't have remembered it. I'll make sure to meet them soon. He said with a face that was deep in thought. He was making a schedule of things that he needed done. Firstly he would scout out to find some herbs and cobwebs. Perhaps, if the water in the Caldera was clean enough, he could dig a den near there. Perhaps he could build a garden, if that wasn't done already. It would help him greatly to not climb over the walls of the volcano each time. Then he would make an effort to socialize with these wolves. And finally, he could join the search for Lucy, if his hunting skills were not needed here.

The description if this "monster" was interesting. Trick knew no one with red eyes. He had not even ran into wolves on his travel with red glowing eyes. As the kid nodded, he doubted the boy for a moment. Perhaps he had been fooled by lighting. But he didn't dare to say it out loud, afraid to either offend uncle P, the fluffball or the betas. 

I'll go stock up on some herbs right away. I want to be as much help as I can. He then looked at the rat before him that he had caught to snack upon. He wasn't that hungry, but finding the cache was going to be a waist of his time, now with all these tasks to do. Please, do take my catch. He nosed the rat closer to them, then turned after a bow. He froze and quickly turned to them again.

It was nice meeting you, Lagan, and great talking to you again, uncle P. He winked to the alpha.
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Lagan made sure to include his elder brother, earning a smile from the Alpha. He hadn't forgotten him, per se, he'd just been thinking of the latest Blackthorn litter. But the pup was right to mention him, of course. Even in random conversations, Eljay shouldn't be left out. He was a staple of not only the Blackthorn family unit but the Redhawk one as well. And now that Peregrine thought about it, he was probably taking Lucy's kidnapping hardest of all. He made a mental note to check in with him.

The youngster echoed his uncle's sentiments, then Trick offered up his catch (which Peregrine hadn't even noticed this entire time) and then left to go work on stockpiling. The Alpha's tongue lolled from his mouth in a bemused pant when Trick called him by one of the previously offered nicknames. It sort of did a funny thing to his tummy, though he repressed it. Now definitely wasn't the time to try dallying with pack mates, especially not in front of his adorable nephew.

"Later Trick," he said then, "What'cha want to do with this?" Peregrine asked, stepping forward to stand near the rat Trick had left and glancing at Lagan. "Eat it? Cache it? Maybe bring it to your mom?"
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Trick prepared to leave, offering Lagan his rat, which Lagan dove for. He didn't wait to say thank you, or to see what else was to be said. He grabbed it in his mouth and pulled as hard as he could, yanking it back over towards Uncle P. Bye! He shouted at the new male, who he decided was awesome. Then Uncle P turned back to him, asking what he wanted to do wi the rat. Lagan was planning on eating it, but now he felt bad. Maybe he shouldn't bring it to mommy, she always brought him food. With a complex look of thoughtfulness, Lagan but his lip as he tried to decide.

Can I eat lil bit? Gif retht to mommy? He asked, hoping Uncle P would say yes. The small Blackthorn was always hungry, he would never turn down food.
317 Posts
Ooc — Marie
A small smile appeared on the trickster's face as her generosity was accepted, and perhaps even appreciated by the little Lagan. It made him feel warm inside to do something like this without poisoning the food he was handing out. It was a weird feeling, not something he was very familiar with, but he felt happy. He might have made a good first impression on the little boy, but he sure wasn't done working and getting to know everyone here. Soon enough he would truly be a part of the Caldera.

He started walking away from them, but as soon as he was a little bit away, he started trotting and eventually sprinting. He doubted he would get everything done in a day, but he sure as hell would try. He raced over the border into the woods to pick out some nice herbs he wouldn't be able to find in the caldera itself. 

-Trick out-
~Adopt Avalon!~
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"You're still hungry after eating that whole rabbit?" Peregrine teased, though he did so with a grin. Lagan was a growing boy, after all, and in the back of his mind he thought of his poor Peter wasting away during the famine, only to be killed for the sparse meat on his bones. "Go for it, man," he added with a twitch of his tail. "After you're done, we'll walk back to the den. And you're going to promise me you won't go wandering off alone again. Always take a trusted adult with you until your parents say otherwise, okay, Lagan?"
351 Posts
Ooc — Pompoko
Lagan hummed happily at Uncle P's tease. Of course he was still hungry! Because of the famine, he hadn't exactly gotten a head start with food. Now that he discovered it he couldn't et enough of it. He would eat until his body decided not to be scrawny. Little did he know, that despite his chubby cheeks, he would always be long and lanky. He couldn't defy his genes no matter how hard he tried. But he could still eat. Peregrine said he could have it, so he grabbed for it excitedly. Peregrine continued to talk however, so with the rat in his mouth, the boy turned to listen.

POFLERH! He attempted to say yes with his mouth entirely filled. Instead he nodded vigorously, watching the small brown rodent wobble below his eyes. He ate quickly, leave the tail for his mom, then off he went to home, eager to share with Finley.

Last for me!