Raven's Watch Deny those who try to bring you down- especially on the mountains
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Private 
@Bain , set after THIS thread. If you want, we could let them go farther, like Porcupine Ridge or something :)

Ondine tried to swallow her fear as she followed Bain to the mountains closest to home (That way Bain could drag her body back to the sea to bury her there). Every step they came closer, and every step was almost another heart attack for the poor lady. When the mountains were looming dangerously in front of them, Ondine stopped walking, her legs shaking like leaves and eyes white. It was so damn high! A fall from that height would be her death- Bain's death.

B-B-Bain... She whimpered, her ears draping over her skull and tail almost touching her belly in fear of what they were about to do. She needed a hug or something to get the courage needed for getting herself up there. 
"I simply... Don't remember."
56 Posts
Ooc —
this location is fine! :)

Bain matched each of Ondine's shaky steps with a solid one of his own, every so often looking back to check on her. The mountains loomed ahead, growing ever closer as they trekked towards the columns and spires of rock. It seemd as if fear showed in the whites of Ondine's eyes, her voice seemingly as shaky as her footsteps.

"Don't worry, we are not even at the mountain yet!" He exclaimed reassuringly, though with each footstep the two drew even closer. Oh, what would he do when they reached the mountains? And how the hell would he convince Ondine to climb them with him? 

Bain decided to confront the problem instead of saving it for later. "When we get to the mountain, you can go up first, and I'll follow ya' to make sure you don't fall." It was the closest thing he could do to catch her, if being barreled into counted as reliable support. Seeing that he wasn't being the most comforting, Bain buried his muzzle in her fur affectionately, something that was certainly hard to do while walking.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Ondine could fucking pee her pants right now, if she had any. They were just so damned scary like this. Rocks could fall and crush her, there could be murderers hiding behind those peaks. Though what Bain was saying was indeed true; she could not fall to her death just yet.

But we are damn close though! She said in a shaky voice. She didn't want to look like a coward in front of him, and so grabbed herself back together and started following him again. Alright then, sorry if I crush you with my meaty behind. It seemed as if fear had no effect on her humor. His form of comforting did help though, even if it was a little awkward with her feelings for him.
56 Posts
Ooc —
"Well, that wouldn't be the most terrible way to die," the gangster laughed, stopping at the base of the moutains. It was an uphill trek from here, no trail in sight to make it any easier. He sat down instead of continuing on, predicting that Ondine would have to mentally prepare herself before setting foot on the rocky terrain.

"I'm ready when you are," Bain said, waiting patiently.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
I think it'd be quite a story; "A man dead by the butt of his lady friend as he tried to save her from falling." She nervously laughed, hoping to God she wouldn't actually kill him with her behind. How awkward would that be? It would be very gentlemanly. She giggled. Though I do not wish for you to die.

She wandered closer to the base of the mountain, eyes scanning for a saver route up, but not finding any. Hmm... She swished her tail elegantly as she turned to inspect another part, finally finding a place she'd want to start. She placed one paw carefully on a small ridge, pushing on it with her body weight to test if it would hold. No going back now... She mumbled to herself, lifting herself up with shaky legs. She went from ridge to ridge, extremely slow and careful- but she was getting higher. Perhaps this was pretty enjoyable- if it wasn't a case of life and death.
56 Posts
Ooc —
"It's be quite a story indeed," Bain laughed heartily. "Gentlemanly death is a good way to go." The coywolf watched as Ondine looked for a good starting point, his own eyes scanning for an easier way up. She had found a way up before he, already starting her climb. 

Bain waited a moment then followed, placing his steps carefully. He could feel the blood rushing to his ears, a dull thumping of his heartbeat resounding in him. Alright, so maybe he was a little afriad. However, he couldn't imagine the amount of fear Ondine was in at the moment.

"You've got this," he reassured from behind. Hopefully the trail would get a little more barren as they reached the top, allowing the ascent to be easier.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
You're too young to die, gentlemanly or not. She said in a more serious tone. She really didn't want to lose him so soon. Hell, she wanted to die first if fate called for it. Perhaps that was a little selfish, but everyone was. No one could be completely devoted to someone for life and not think about their own well-being- that was simply ridiculous. 

A bigger ridge that would easily hold around 3 wolves was near, and that was probably the highest she would dare to go. She felt her heart in her throat as her legs were shaking like leafs, making her final jump with a soft gasp as she hit the ridge. She panted, crawling closer to the edge to look how high she had gotten. It was high enough, she decided, seeing that even her eyes began shaking at the sight. She retreated from the edge, waiting for Bain to join.
56 Posts
Ooc —
"I suppose you have a point there, but you're too young and pretty to die yourself," he mused, talking while placing his footsteps carefully. He didn't want Ondine to fall, and he sure as hell didn't want himself falling either. That could send Ondine in a panic or put her in danger too.

Thankfully, the ridge widened out so that it was a bit less daunting. Ondine seemed to be over the whole mountain thing. "Are we stopping? That's fine by me," Bain grinned, jumping up onto the ledge. Now they had the trek back down to worry about.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
"Senpai called me pretty..." was all she could think for a moment, cheeks again glowing like smoldering coal. Never had she been called that, not even by her mother. She not even saw herself as pretty, more like dangerously interesting. She honestly didn't know how to respond to flattery like that, and so she just didn't. Perhaps that was a message all on his own.

Not if you don't want to. She said with her voice breaking here and there in fear and some excitement. You think we could catch some dinner anywhere here? She asked. Perhaps they could have some sort of picnic.
56 Posts
Ooc —
He took note of Ondine's reaction to being called pretty, expecting a small smile instead of a full-out blush. Was she not used to be calling pretty? The thought puzzled him. Sure, she was a bit strange at first glance, but it wasn't a weird sort of quality that he saw as unnattractive. It actually lured the male in even more, seeing her "strange" looks as something that made her unique and all the more special.

He couldn't help but chuckle as she offered to continue on. He wasn't going to put her through that, she had done enough already. "Nah, we can go back down," he said, a loud growl from his stomach seemingly echoing off the stone walls of the mountain. "And dinner sounds great right now, let's look for a flatter, lower place to hunt," the gangster mused, kicking a rock off of the ledge.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
In her birth pack, no one dared to sociale with a "water witch". She was the weirdo, the disgrace- not the girl even the most daring boys would talk to. And the pack she started in the berry forested was mainly just females, hanging out, eating berries and sparring. And while Ondine had nothing against women who loved other women, she preferred men.

Her eyes grew wide, hearing she had to go back down. Up had been fine- if that word could be applied to her shaking and thumping heart- but down? She could see the ground then, and how high she was. She stepped closer to the edge again, looking down, tucking her tail between her legs again. 

Bain, I don't think I can go down...
56 Posts
Ooc —
"Going down seems like the best choice," he said, taking note of her tail tucked between her legs. She was ready to go down, so going down they would. Bain made his way down first this time, seeing that if Ondine fell, she'd most likely be caught by him -- or at least barrel into him. It was better than her falling and getting hurt.

"Don't trip, unless you want to smash head first into my rear," he laughed, looking back at the girl. He decided to wait instead of continue, seeing that she made the first couple of steps without any trouble.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
I-I know, but I just c-c-can't... She said in a high, scared voice. She sure as hell wasn't ready to go down. Was living on the mountains bad? She was sure there were beings crazy enough to call the mountains their home- maybe she could join them and never ever come down. Why couldn't wolves fly? It would be evolution at its finest right there. God, get on it.

Her head shot in Bain's direction as she heard some shuffling, seeing him go down with more ease than she ever could. H-Hey! What about me? She called out, scampering to the path he was taking to go down. She looked down, meeting his eyes, legs shaking like fish on dry land. She would never ever go down- not even with him in front of her.
56 Posts
Ooc —
Bain stopped, hearing her call out to him. He turned around, scrambling back up to nuzzle her affectionately. "Hey, trust me. You can do this," he whispered into her soft neck fur, nuzzling her again before placing a kiss on her cheek. He truly believed she could make it down, but first, he would try in whatever way he could to make her feel better.

However, dusk was falling, the sun slipping further behind the clouds with every moment. He didn't mind a sleepover on a mountain ledge, but he knew that there was no way in hell Ondine would go with that. Maybe if he slept on the outside....he shook his head. Thinking about getting down was probably more important than planning a sleepover, however nice it may of sounded.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
As he came closer, he heart began racing again. This time it was not the height that was doing it to her, though, but the sudden nuzzle of her senpai. She heard him, placing her own muzzle in his darker fur, trying hard not to rub a lot of blood on him in the process. Luckily it had dried some. She trusted him, she was just scared. But looking like a whus-puss in front of him was the last thing she wanted right now, and his kiss reassured her of this. With her own kiss on his cheek, wondering what had given her the courage to do so, she let him know she was ready to go now.

Still, the thought of getting stuck on here with him was amusing. A sleepover could be so much fun... But maybe Caiaphas or Kjala-something would begin to worry if they were both gone for a whole day. And she really didn't want that, how ridiculous that may sound. 
56 Posts
Ooc —
they are so cute! <3
He could practically hear the fast-paced beating of Ondine's heart, or maybe that was just his own. It didn't really matter, seeing that either way, they were both pretty fond of each other. The coywolf grinned at his own thoughts. Maybe a little more than fond of each other. The bloodstained she-wolf gave him a kiss on the cheek, turning the battle-hardened gangster to a dumbfounded boy who had just had his first kiss in a heart-beat. Sure, he had charmed many the she-wolf, but it was never reciprocated. 

"U-uh yeah, let's go down now," he muttered, the color that rose to his skin thankfully covered by thick fur. He cleared his throat, "Do you want me to go down first, or would you rather go ahead of me?"
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
As she pulled away, her heart beating like those in a game when you're close to death, she felt her cheeks glowing. What was it about Bain that just made her act this way? Slancio had charmed her, but never would she dream of acting like this in front of him. He was a good friend, the reason she was even here and nothing more. She hoped both males knew this and were okay with that- Ondine wasn't a girl to get along with other girls anyway. Would Bain get along with children, she was now wondering. She had always sort of avoided the topic in her life, too afraid to say she'd actually like to be a mom, seeing it more as a silly dream. But now, that dream was closer than ever before. 

She giggled softly at Bain's innocent stutter. He was cute like this, all flustered. It showed a side of him that wasn't all tough-guy. Uh, you-you go first. I'll keep up. She said with an awkard, goofy grin.
56 Posts
Ooc —
Bain quickly recovered his carefree, cool demeanor, though he knew that Ondine had probably seen the moment of weakness evident in his stutter. "Alright, I'll go down," he nodded, placing one paw in front of another until he was meandering down the side of the mountain. "Follow my lead, try not to go straight down," he explained, loose earth tumbling down from his impact. "Instead, try going in a zigzag motion," he added. It was a little easier, but it wasn't exactly a plan to ensure safety all the way down.

Bain paused, not even halfway down, and looked back up at Ondine. "Just let me know if you want me to slow down or wait for you," he called up to Ondine, voice echoing despite him still being close to her.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She smirked slightly as Bain tried to comprehend what had just happened, trying to hide how cute he looked before. That was a good sign for her. That means he either had no feelings at all for her and that he was too shy to say so, or he might have a thing for her after all. She nodded at his words, following him slowly. Her legs began shaking, but she swallowed away her fear. This was not the moment, not the time for her to die- she knew.

She jumped from ridge to ridge, almost slipping a few times but never so clumsily that she'd actually fall. The lower part was easier, she found, for she didn't have to jump that often. I-I'm good for now. She said out of her breath, hearing her own musical voice echoing in the distance. 
56 Posts
Ooc —
Bain hummed as he walked along, trying to take both of their minds off the fact that one slip could mean a devastating injury. Thankfully, the end was in sight, and before he knew it, his paws were touching stable ground. Bain waited patiently at the base of the mountain, turning so that his rear was no longer facing Ondine. Instead, he watched her every move, not even trying to hide his concern for her safety. 

"You're almost there, take your time," Bain reassured softly. The last thing he wanted for her was to rush to the end and get hurt.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Had it not been for the fact they were traveling down on a mountain, she'd have hummed along. It was no secret she loved singing- even though it did make her somewhat uncomfortable when someone was listening. She wasn't shy, she just didn't like the feeling of someone thinking she was bad- what she really wasn't. She caught up with Bain, the end in front of her before she knew. She almost fell face-first onto the ground, but was quick enough to catch herself. 

When she was on flat earth again, she let out a long sigh. Pheeww... Never ever doing that again. She let out with a chuckle, moving beside Bain and laying her muzzle in his neck for a nuzzle. Thanks... She whispered softly near his ear before pulling back. 
56 Posts
Ooc —
He let out a sigh as well as she made it safely to the ground, accepting her warm embrace. "I guess it wasn't the most fun thing I could have done with you," he muttered. "Perhaps a walk by the beach was a better idea?" he laughed, laying his muzzle in her soft neck fur.

He rested his head there for a while, surrounded by her comforting scent. She muttered her thanks before pulling back, leaving him a bit dumbfounded. Usually he was the one making all the moves, but Ondine herself had embraced him. He smiled, puffing his chest out subconciously. "Ready to head back?" he asked, gazing at the ghostly she-wolf.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She laughed genuinely- or maybe because she was nervous and still in shock from climbing the mountain. Well, we can always do that later. She said with a happy smile on her muzzle as the embraced. I like spending time with you. Her mouth said, though her head was still trying to process what that might've sounded like to him. What a dumb thing to say- of course she liked spending time with home, otherwise she would've agreed to come here on some sort of date. 

for sure- I'm starving. She laughed and touched his shoulder quite briefly before getting the fucking hell away from the mountain that would haunt her dreams for the days to come.