Sleeping Dragon knowledge of causes and secret motion of things
i've lost the word for prayer
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Pack Activity 
Pup fighting ring #1! Can be used for mercenary trade. <3 I would like at least two of you to join/participate and hopefully we can keep short/quick rounds. Let's have fun! @Freyja, @Thyri, @Hvitserk, @Eske.

It is early that he wakes as Gyda moves to stand, stretching her legs out as he returns to the den with blood on his mouth. They talk briefly and she decides to put her legs to good use and tend to the borders. In light of everything going on and the threat of the grotto wolves decreasing, he doesn’t mind her going off—not that he has much say, of course, but he doesn’t worry as much now as he might have before. Now, left with four little puppies still asleep, he makes an attempt to rouse them from slumber and follow him outside the den.

Gavriel steps out of the den with hopefully a couple of bumbling puppies in tow. He trots the short distance to an even clearing where a dead rat has been mauled, ready for sharp puppy teeth to dig in. It is small and might fill the belly of one child, and he circles around to the other side to see just who had followed along.
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
i twisted the translation a bit since what i originally wanted i couldn't translate, haha >_>

It didn't take much to rouse the slumbering Grounder Princess from her sleep, already having been disturbed accidentally by Gyda. A small mewl of protest had left the fierce girl's lips but she had quickly lulled back into a light sleep when her mother had left. Moments later she opened her heavy eye lids when she was stirred awake by her father, this time. And with a large yawn that reveled rows of sharp baby teeth she blinked away the last vestiges of sleep as she pushed herself to her paws in a pleasing stretch of sinew and bones, her back arching as she licked her lips, her gaze flicking to Gavriel's retreating form. She let out a loud huff that he didn't even say good morning — rude — and trotted after him.

She galloped outside the den, enticed by the smell of blood and meat. Her stomach let out a low grumble and saliva pooled in her mouth. She licked her chops when a bit of drool slipped out from the corner of her muzzle, looking between the rat and her father. It was just one! How were all four of them supposed to share it? Usually, there was one for each of them. Didn't he know the rules? Eske squinted at him, trying to gauge what he was playing at. daun ste nou pleni.” Eske pointed out to him, just in case, y'know, he forgot.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Exploration had become a big part of Hvit's usual routine, his legs sometimes carrying him far from home, whilst other times he'd just wandered around with his sisters or parents. No matter where he went, though, all of the trekking along took a toll on his body, tiring him out with ease. It was exhaustion that had left him in a state of deep sleep, having been undisturbed by his mother's movements. Even when his father had decided to wake them all up, he'd not been quick to move, a single eye having been cracked open right before he'd rolled himself onto his other side. There, he'd tried to go back to sleep, which would have been an easy thing to do had he not heard footfalls heading towards the exit. It had been his own curiosity that had forced the boy to get up and—after having stretched out his body and shaken his coat free of debris—wander out after his sister.

The scent of food had invaded his senses, and towards the rat had his eyes then drifted. There was one. Not several like usual, but one. In response to his Eske's voice, he'd looked towards Gavriel and waited for an explanation. There had to be more hidden somewhere, right?
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
look to your kingdoms i am coming for them all
87 Posts
Ooc —
The stormchaser was not a savage child, but she was aware of what her destiny was. She knew that she would grow to be fierce - a warrior for her family. Though she was still young, the dragon had every intention of showing her skills. While Thyri was devoted to her siblings, she had grasped the concept of fighting with them. It was bound to happen; having four children in close quarters was just the mixing pot for a vast array of fights and scuffles, even the occasional mean word. Still, Thyri loved her sisters and her brother dearly. It was the only thing that caused hesitation when she followed their father out of the den and set her eyes on the rat in the dirt. 

Drawing a salmon-pink tongue across her muzzle, the girl's eyes darted from her brother to her sister with a feverish itch in her paws. It was right there, but Eske had only pointed out that there was not enough for all of them. There was a gleam in Gavriel's eyes that let Thyri know this was a challenge of some sort. She furrowed her brows and lifted her tail upward before attempting to step toward the meal. 
and she speaks in a voice that sets men trembling,
with eyes painted gold and a throne built on the bones of
those who would challenge her rule
these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Though Freyja was one of the least confrontational in the group, she perhaps was one of the most food-motivated. It wasn’t the matter of eating, either, it was more so that she had possession over the food and could eat at her leisure. She did not like being rushed when she ate, nor did she like competing for her food. She liked killing it and eating it herself.

She was given a rude awakening when she followed her father and littermates out of the den. Settling alongside Thyri, Freyja watching on quietly as her father dropped the morsel before them. Drawing her tongue over her lips, she looked from the meal and to Gavriel expectantly, silently wondering where the rest of the food was. When he did not retrieve anymore, she felt a pang of irritation. Why didn’t he have her help hunt? Surely they would come back with more if she would have been involved!

It was in the midst of this thought as her nearby sister took a step towards the morsel. Switching her attention quickly, Freyja lowered her ears and bore her teeth as a fire ignited deep within her. “Thyri,” she growled deeply and uncharacteristically, taking a step so that she was close behind her sibling.Keeping an eye on Thyri, she looked to Eske, ignorantly ruling out her docile brother as a threat in that moment. “Nou, Eske.” She then took another step, her own tail lifting.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Sorry for the delay! Please reply no later than September 14th, if not sooner. I will begin the next round once everyone replies. @Eske, @Hvitserk, @Thyri, @Freyja.

Gavriel doesn’t have to wait long before the puppies begin to show up, one by one and with their own reactions. Eske makes the observation that there is only one kill and Hvitserk looks around for the rest of the kills to feed the puppies. He’s always had enough for them to share with their occasional spat between one another but they never went without or had to fight for their food. Now that they are getting older and their reflexes are developing, their skills can be fine tuned to better contribute to the pack as they get older.

Thyri is quiet but hungry, by the looks of it, and she steps out first but Freyja speaks up against it but the look in her eyes holds Gavriel’s interest for a moment longer before he finally speaks up.

“Only one of you will get this kill,” he says, looking between them. He remembers the first time he had to really compete against his own litter mates. It had turned into a bloody mess by the end of it and he wonders how his own children will settle it and who will be victorious. “You will be challenging each other and it is up to you four to fight for it.”
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
The rest of his sisters had arrived, both of which having noticed the lack of prey. Whilst one had taken a step forward, another had held them all back—all except for Hvit, who had seemingly been forgotten. He hadn't minded, however, for he'd hardly noticed. His attention had remained primarily on his father, then shifted towards the kill after he'd finished speaking. There was only one because only one of them would get to eat. There was to be a challenge, during which they had to fight for their food. The idea of battling against his sisters left him with an uneasy feeling in the pit of his stomach—or was that his hunger?

A glance towards his sisters was stolen, and then a step had been taken. Following it came several more until he was hovering over the rodent, a paw on its tail.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
She was thrown off by her brother’s ascent towards the prey. As he drew closer, Freyja’s attention shifted from Thyri and towards Hvitserk. The fur along her nape began to rise as she quickly cleared the distance between herself and the hair, a growl rumbling low in her throat as she walked.

When she was before it, Freyja quickly reached towards the rodent's head. Once she had a tight grip on the rat, her teeth firmly sunk into the creature's neck, she tugged fiercely at it, hoping to free it from her brother’s hold. Her eyes shifted as she did this, keeping an eye on the others incase any of them attempted to approach.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
Due to the delay on this thread and to keep it moving so that there can be more in the future, this will be between @Hvitserk and @Freyja. @Thyri is welcome to observe and hopefully participate in a future one. The two contestents can reply back and forth as much as they wish until a winner is selected and either you two can decide or I can hold a formal roll. Just let me know via slack!

Gavriel watches as the two of the puppies step up. First Hvitserk, which gives him surprise, and Freyja, which he has expected. Eske doesn’t take a step forward and Thyri holds back, much to his surprise, but he doesn’t question it. They are all young and this is to run a sort of trial and error and if only two want to participate, that is fine. Hvitserk uses his size where Freyja uses force and Gavriel sits back to watch, making sure neither of them get out of hand over their prize.
look to your kingdoms i am coming for them all
87 Posts
Ooc —
throwing an... observing post in here then. Sorry guys my new job has been demanding and will continue that way for a little while
Thyri watched as realization sunk into her siblings, and was surprised when Freyja stepped forward with a display of moderate aggression. The young stormchaser narrowed her brows and her lip curled over her baby canines. She would not fall to Freyja - she was weak. Her eyes scouted her sister with a precision that was beyond her years and she lifted her tail upward. The dragon would not be pushed over by her sister. She was stronger in spirit and her heart beat with a strange and feral urge to lunge forward and sink her teeth into whatever part of Freyja she could grasp. When her brother showed his interest, she quickly turned her head. It would seem they would fight each other. While she was still a pup, the situation had peaked her interest and she wondered who would be stronger... Freyja or Hvitserk. She needed to know. 

Instead of inserting herself into the potential fight, she snorted at Freyja with an immature rolling of her eyes. If they were to fight, she would know who was weaker... who she could narrow her focus on. She would observe and miss the rat, but she would learn the nature of her siblings. That, to her, would prove far more useful for her future. 
and she speaks in a voice that sets men trembling,
with eyes painted gold and a throne built on the bones of
those who would challenge her rule
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
It’d not taken long before he’d been noticed, as was made painfully apparent by the sound of his sister growling. She, too, advanced towards the rat, but was quick to use her teeth on it, unlike Hvit had been. In a matter of seconds, the rodent had been ripped away from him, its soft tail having slipped out from beneath his paw with ease. And whilst he wasn’t the least bit interested in fighting any of his sisters, he’d been motivated to at least try by the fact that a meal had been taken away from him.

The other two girls were momentarily forgotten—their father, too—as his focus was delivered directly to Freyja. There was not a plan within his mind, yet his body moved anyways, acting on impulse. He’d crouched down, then sprang forward, kicking off the ground with his hind limbs. The boy’s forelimbs were outstretched as he lurched forward, aiming to knock into his sister. He’d moved with the intent to knock her down, believing that, if her were to succeed with doing so, the rat might be set loose from her jaws.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
The group was quick to decide with who would fight and who would stand back. As her sisters fell into place on the sidelines, Freyja focused on her brother. Watching carefully, Freyja braced herself for her brother’s first move as she tightened her hold on the rat.

She was easily taken over by her brother, despite her preparation, but somehow she had kept her mouth around the carcass. Landing on her side, the child let go once the dust had settled around her. There was a rejuvenated sense of anger that stirred in her belly as she pushed hard to take a stand. Once she was on all fours Freyja sprang forward with a snarl  with a hope of knocking over her brother.
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Match was played out in this thread. ^^

Hvit had found success in his attempt at knocking his sister down, but it’d not been without repercussions. The impact had left him momentarily disorientated, stumbling backwards and unable to prepare properly for his sister’s assault. She’d done as he had, and was met with the same results when the boy found himself splayed out across the ground. He’d risen and shook himself off, then lurched forward again and engaged in “battle” with his sister. There was little he could do, fully against the idea of actually hurting his sister, but he’d tried his best anyways and ended up being victorious.

With his sister defeated, he’d scrambled towards the rat and wasted little time prior to devouring it. He’d definitely feel the sting of a few bruises the following morning, but, presently, he enjoyed the fact that he’d not be the one to miss out on a meal.

these violent delights
551 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Tracker
Instinct drove her every move, pushing her further and further in an attempt to claim victory over the rat. For a while the siblings were met equally in their battle, missing and hitting when the other one did. But, eventually, Hvitserk broke out of their back and forth to claim victory.

She watched on bitterly as he devoured the prey easily. Attempting to keep her tempted under control, she looked away, muttering a harshly spoken, “En’s ku.” She loved her brother dearly and was proud, yet, the sting of her loss was all too fresh.
258 Posts
Ooc — Mica
There is little he expects the puppies to be able to do. Their limbs and paws don't know where to land and while they're teeth are sharp, they don't know what to do with them for their benefit. Freyja and Hvitserk have a back and forth for a moment or two but eventually the girl stays down long enough for the kill to be taken by her brother. Gavriel watches as he takes his claim while she gets to her feet.

"Good job," he tells them both, stepping forward to draw the rest of the puppies in. "Now, the rest of you, lets go get your own?" he offers, leading the three girls away to hunt for their own meals.