Sleeping Dragon Ride of the Valkyries
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Joining 
Woop woop!
It took some time for Goliath to travel here, but he was finally back. The smell of the pack came back nostalgically, but he could found some scents that he could not remember, perhaps they were new- perhaps he had forgotten.
Goliath had come back stronger, stupider, and much more savage than he once was. He had spent the larger half of the year living in solitude after he was kicked out of the Bonechewers pack. Being deeply ashamed, he didn’t go back to his old pack and instead found shelter in a cave within the Sunspire mountains.

Throughout that time, many parts of him had become even more neanderthal-esque. His speech had backtracked to a much more primitive state, compared to his already sluggish way of communication. Inside the caves he preyed on anything large enough to eat: bats, large reptiles, birds and other cave-dwelling animals. He had toughened himself by sparring with the many, much more dangerous feral animals outside of his makeshift den. He had enough cuts and scars and broken bones that they equaled the nights he spent deep in the heart of the mountains.

It was going to be all over now. He was going to reintegrate into the world, and he would pick up where he left off: at the foot of the sleeping dragon. He was usually tired, and his face had transformed and hardened into a constant sombre expression since he had been in exile. However, today was different. His deep brown eyes seemed to be  melancholic with thoughts of home, but the only thing he could think about was a proper meal for the first time in a couple weeks.

He would see his old pack again,  although he hadn’t stayed here for long, he enjoyed it, and felt a warm feeling of security wash over the thoughts of hunger. With that emotion, he lifted his muzzle into the air and howled a long, deep howl into the air, sat, and while waiting for a response, practiced his speech. “Que-uhns” he repeated to himself until he knew that he still got it
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 
   [Image: warrior.gif] 5/10

[Image: gamekeeper.gif] ?/5

PM me if up for any threads revolving trades ^-^
what do i do after all this survival?
1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
No need to wait for Hvitserk to post. He will as needed. :)

She is near the rendezvous site talking to Gavriel when the call is made, causing her ears to rise and then her head. It is familiar, so she dismisses the thought of Arch returning already, and is left curious to whom calls her like they know her. Leaving Gavriel in place with the children, she begins her trek down a familiar pathway that ultimately puts her on the borders. She doesn't get far, however, when she notices the crunch of leaves behind her and turns to find @Hvitserk on her heels.

"You will need to learn to hide your steps, goufa," she tells him in their own language but does not dismiss him from following. The children are learning their different trades and the borders, even with a stranger on the other side, is part of the task.

The rest of the trip is made until the wind sweeps a familiar scent to her nose and her hackles raise with irritation before she even makes the connection. When she sees the familiar, albeit grizzled, form of Goliath, she lifts her head and puffs out her chest before closing the distance. She stops several yards away, out of earshot, when she turns downward to Hvitserk.

"You will stay behind me," she commands the child. "If something goes wrong, find your father." She gives him only a second to accept the words before she takes a few more steps, keeping in front of the boy, and having him wait when she's comfortable stepping him.

Dark eyes rest, hardened, on the scarred male as she looks him over. It has been some months since she'd last seen him, disappeared from their borders without a trace, but he stands before her anyway. Hush had earned his place before his disappearance during the famine but she knows Goliath can't say the same, aside from the time he'd saved her life from the cougar.

"Golaith," she says then, and nothing else, the simple word his only command to speak and fend for himself.
Trigedasleng · Common
all that wanting, all that aching, all that capacity for love:
it never belonged to you in the first place
As silent as a w i l d f i r e
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
There were few faces that Hvit knew, and even fewer that he trusted enough to be around. Thuringwethil was, of course, one of those few faces, and so he'd taken to watching her as she'd been speaking with his father. He hadn't been eavesdropping, per se, but he'd definitely made an attempt or two at catching what was being said; it'd been without any eventful results, but that hadn't deterred him in even the slightest. When the call had risen out over the land, however, his focus was pulled elsewhere. Little ears popped up atop his head, which he'd then turned in every which way to try and see if there was someone coming—but no one ever arrived. Rather, his old space heater had started to leave, and so the boy had followed.

Caught in the act, he'd frozen, but was then surprised when he'd not been sent back home. Advice was given, but not an order, and so he'd kept to following closely at her heels. He'd nearly stumbled into her several times, as well as had to avoid being kicked after wandering just a little too close, but never had he turned away or stopped. That is, until she stopped. This time, a command had been given, towards which a nod was responded with. He understood what he had to do, as well as what he might have to do. It was behind her form that he'd then stayed, but never was he fully hidden from the stranger's view. Interested to see what would happen, the little viking continuously peeked out from behind Thur, eyeing the brute whilst doing so, and would then cross over behind the woman to look out past her other side.

Goliath.

A moment had been taken in order to look up towards the woman, curious of what she'd said. It was a name that had never been heard by the child before. It was strange to him, but he'd said nothing of it. Silence was, for the time being, the only thing the boy had to offer to the encounter.
She swept in and stole the flame,
leaving a dragon without his breath

Thread titles are from Lindsey Stirling’s “Something Wild”
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Sorry for the wierdly structured post, had alot o' work

The wait was a calm one, and seemed to be much longer than it truely was. The thought of wether anything in the pack had changed or not was not one which passed through his head, but rather a cozy one with the thought of home. 

It was when he felt a cold breeze pass through the air that he saw Thuringwethil approaching, and a smile instinctively came to his lips. It has been a long time since he saw the Heda, but he did not forget the time that he had spent under her rule. Remembering his courtesies, he attempted to remove his cheerful expression to one of a more stoic manner. He attempted to show submission by bowing while pulling his tail between his legs and against his large, fattened stomach. 

Her voice was some form of comfort, but her simple, one word command was enough to have him move his gaze significantly lower than he already had. Moving his lips as slowly as he could, and with a voice as deep as a coal mine he began to speak: "Queen..." he attempted, "Heda.." for one thing is tiny brain could grasp was that he had shamed himself by leaving without saying anything. Goliath searched for words he could use to ask for forgiveness, to give a reason. There were so many things he wanted to say but he didn't have the proper vocabulary to actually communicate his thoughts.

"Goliath walk long to here" he began, his feeble attempt to make his story of betrayal better. "Golia-" he started, but stopped halfway through. "I-" he began triumphiantly once more, "had need blood." he continued, Goliath had been planning his death for quite a while, and he wanted to take down some before he wanted to retire. He never shared this idea, but it was the true reason he left Sleeping Dragon; for a pack where he could kill and rape and mangle, but now, after what seemed an infinite period of time in solitude had he realized there were more parts of combat than the sweet taste of war. 

He looked up towards the Heda, but did not submit to comfort. "Goliath know much now." his voice was slow like the boom before the crack of thunder, but some could see that there was some intelligence that gleamed through his eyes. "Goliath know loyalty" he protested, his vision of honor had changed after he was humiliated.

He shuffled his weight cumbersomely across his legs as the rugged bear he was. That was when he finally noticed the small, dark pup beside her. His expression immediately changed from 'submissive' to dumbstruck, had bore children already? The recent conditions were quite strange to be harboring children from his point of view, but he was nevertheless glad. "Heda spawn kin?" he asked tentatively, but nonetheless glad.
For those who don't know, Goliath's thread titles are bible passages, since his name, (note, not the entire being) is indeed based off the religous character 

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Sorry this post sucks/is disjointed, I'm a little out of it. x_x

Goliath’s display of submission is enough to placate Heda long enough to allow the brute to speak. His mannerisms haven’t much changed in his absence but his explanation doesn’t make a lot of sense. She narrows her gaze but keeps her silence until he finishes. A low rumble forms in her throat but she does not outwardly expose it, withdrawing a moment to consider the butchered explanation. Thuringwethil takes a slow step forward, her mane bristling even more.

“Why should your loyalty mean anything to me now?”

Most of the wolves that have turned their back on Drageda are forgotten from Thuringwethil’s mind (with some effort) nor would she give them the time of day if they were to return. A soft spot, somewhere deep down, remains for the bear of a wolf only because he’d been an asset to them once. And, perhaps, because he’d been there to save her life.

When he notices the child behind her, one ear twitches to try and focus on the child from the side of her vision but she doesn’t let her eyes leave Goliath. Confident Hvitserk hasn’t moved much from behind her, even when she’d taken a step, she shakes her head once in correction though she does not yet offer her own explanation.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Hvit had hung back just as he'd been told to do, gaze drifting continuously between the adults. He listened and he considered, but kept his mouth shut. The male didn't speak right—his sentences were fragmented and, to the boy, unclear at times. Brows pinched together, several questions lingering on his tongue, each of which would go on forever without being voiced. Who was the male, and what was he talking about? Was he supposed to know the stranger? Surely not, he would have remembered meeting a giant. Curiosity grew, drawing the boy closer. He'd taken a single step before having been stopped by the sound of Thur speaking, recalling what she'd said. He was supposed to stay behind her, she'd made that clear, but he couldn't help but be interested by the newcomer. Skeptical of all strangers, he was, but the fact that he was standing but a few paces away from a real life giant made that hard to remember. Perhaps the man was large enough to create thunder...

With a glance towards the woman, he'd taken a quick step forward. Several others followed until he'd brought himself to her side and, at that point, he'd looked back over to Goliath. Hvitserk refused to go past his current guardian, but he also didn't immediately retreat back to the space behind her. He'd, instead, stayed right there and stared ahead.

156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
Once he saw the Heda readying herself to speak, Goliath quickly became quiet and immediately stopped talking.

Listening intently, he tried to come up with some form of a response. There surely was some redeeming achievement he had done for this pack that she would aknowledge.. Had he not caught the trespasser, and break his leg as he was told? Had he not chased the large black cat that was sure to attack her, or bring an abnormally large swan to the food reserves? His loyalty before was unbroken, and there were so many examples and reasons he wanted to explain, The only thing that prevented him from speaking was his grevious lack of proper communication.

His mind finally began to settle, "Goliath served before" he decided to say. It was a true statement, and he hoped the Heda understood what he meant. What else could he explain in his tight budget? "Goliath near-die for pack.." he rumbled, "Goliath taken away by evil tongue" he continued, recalling how he was persuaded to his nearly-certain death by the damned pirates. He began to feel bits of anger rising, Goliath risked his life before, did she not realize he would do it again?  He lifted his gaze to glance at his previous leader, she had to know he would do it again.

Still, he would show no disrespect, and Goliath remained disciplined. Diverting his gaze, he finished his explanation: "Goliath serve again". He lowered his head once more, and bowed. He would keep this stance until she would speak once more.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
She hears the slight shuffle of Hvitserk and she glances down briefly to see him take a few steps closer, disobeying the order to stay behind her. Quickly, she slings her head to the side and snaps her teeth in front of his face with a warning growl to return to his post. Her attention doesn't longer on the child longer lest he give her more problems, which she'll deal with later, but she lifts her gaze back to the brute attempting to explain his loyalty.

The mention of an evil tongue causes her ears to alert upon her head, temporarily forgetting about the child at her feet. The man had proven to be simple and she can't help but wonder what had happened but for now she sets it aside.

"You will have one chance to prove your loyalty to me. If you disappear again-" she pauses. His submission enough proves his sincerity but the trust between them is broken. "You will earn your place and prove your loyalty. Stay on the outskirts and the geyser field, tending the borders for now, branwoda."

Thuringwethil falls silent, eyes locked upon Goliath to see if he'll accept the offer before she continues on.
Trigedasleng · Common
156 Posts
Ooc — Alex
1. Mind if I skip @Hviterisk? If not I will immediately remove this post, 2. I don't really know how to say anything more, so Ill keep it short :c
Goliath listens to her proposal, and although it would be unfavorable to most, he will take it with gladness. Even if he would not be allowed to sleep deep in pack territory, Goliath would be content simply with the fact that he knew he was home. 

He slowly raises his head from the bow, making sure not to make any movement too drastic, and gives his answer. [font]"Goliath will as told"[/font] before lifting the rest of his lumbering, bulky body into a standing form, waiting for further instructions: He was ready to serve now, this time his loyalty will be as strong as he is.

214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Skipping me is a-okay~! Hvit's only hanging back and listening in at this point. ^^

To the boy's surprise, he'd been caught in the act. Teeth clashed together right before his muzzle, a growl having vibrated the air around him. For a split second he'd frozen in place, only to quickly regain his wits and retreat back whence he'd come. There he'd stopped, stationing himself behind the woman whilst being conscious enough to not touch her. He'd been curious, is all, but apparently she'd not appreciated his interest in the other. Was the man a wolf that he wasn't supposed to meet? Hvit didn't question her actions for very long, ears having fallen back as he'd watched the rest of the meeting unfold. Never had his interest died away, however, making his paws itch.

The stranger stood up, and Hvit found his head tilting back to follow his movements. It sounded as if he'd be staying, which was something that he didn't know how he should feel towards. It would be interesting to have a giant wandering around, but, at the same time, the boy wasn't sure about how Goliath might act; he was more concerned, of course, over whether or not he'd ever be able to learn from the man and find out exactly what had made him so big.

1,834 Posts
Ooc — Kermy
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Goliath agrees to the terms and Thuringwethil nods her head. He had been good for Drageda back in the beginning but his brevity left a bitter taste in her mouth. She knows what he’s capable of and than he can be good but he’ll have to turn around and stick his loyalty into the heart and prove it had simply been a mistake.

“Gyda had a litter of four,” she explains, answering the first question he’d asked her. They were to be protected, but from afar, until Thuringwethil knows she made the right choice. “There is a cache not too far from here. Eat. Welcome home.”

Thuringwethil begins to take a step back, turning, and then nudging Hvitserk back the way they’d come.
Trigedasleng · Common
214 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
Was told to go ahead and post again, ehe

Following the correction he'd received, Hvit hadn't strayed passed the woman again. He'd remained behind her, peering passed the dark form and towards the stranger. Had he been a ballsier child—or just stupid—he would have attempted to move forward again, but he was not, and so he hadn't. Rather, the viking child had stayed rooted to his spot until he'd been nudged along. Then, he'd complied with the touch immediately and began moving, allowing for himself to be guided away from the giant by his living space heater.