Ankyra Sound Midnight in me
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
Joining 

Days passed, and still they hadn't found their siren queen. It was pure torture to not be under the ruling paw of Caiaphas and instead be under that of Maude, but Ondine was too busy to focus on her emotional pains. The wound on her shoulder, caused by the Beta herself, was healing nicely and was at the point where there was only a blood crust. She made sure to not bite it, however much it itched. She made sure the caches were full and spent most of her time singing near the coast. The water was too cold for her liking at this point of the year, and even the moist sand at midnight was unbearable for her fabulous behind.

Today was no different- she had hunted, painted her face in the crimson she found so pleasing and was sitting where the Sea almost touched her paws. It lapped at the sand like a little kitten and the sky was a beautiful violet as the sun was slowly sinking into the waves. It was almost tradition for Ondine to witness the beauty of nature like this every day- and often did others leave her alone like this.

"Baby, it's time to make up your mind.
I think that tonight is when our stars align.
Honey, it's time to leave the doubt behind.
Take my paw 'cause you and I are gonna shine."

She sang softly to the sea and all its wonders. She was singing for a certain someone, but knew he wasn't near enough to actually hear her. She hummed the song further, seeing no point in continuing to sing and ruin her beautiful voice before she was ready to confess her love for Bain.
"I simply... Don't remember."
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
He didn't understand what was with the singing. Singing here, screeching there ... it just made no sense to him. Was it an instinctive urge upon joining the coastline pack like some sort of ritual or culture? Would he, god forbid, have to start singing too? Questions breaching on horror flooded his mind. There was no escape. No escape from the sounds, from those who took it upon themselves to burst everyone's eardrums far and wide. He thought about fleeing, considered it seriously for a few seconds before, once again, he could not stand it. 

"What is wrong with you people?" The boy gasped in faux horror, scowling all the same; striding up to the strange looking woman with as much confidence as an Alpha. And such an awful tune it was. Who wandered about chanting about some baby and stars and shining and moving on? It was ridiculous, absurd and entirely unprofessional. Did Kjalarr allow such atrocities to carry on like this? The abnormality of it all? If he didn't, Jackrabbit would not be the one to disclose such information. Maude the sea wench had been some sort of exclusion to the punishment Jackrabbit thought those who sung deserved, simply because Maude was the beta. This psycho looking woman didn't really carry the stench of power like Kjalarr did. Therefore, his abrupt and inconsiderate question was completely warranted. Such blatant behavior had to be corrected, he figured. The reasoning behind his phobia of the warbling was unknown to him, and he didn't really care. What didn't suit the youthling was instantly a mistake to society, and seeing as the behavior went completely uncontrolled, he needed an answer the erratic personalities of the Saltwinter pack.
chaos isn't a pit, chaos is a ladder
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She took a moment to take it all in- the breeze that carried the familiar scent of Saltwinter and the salty smell of the sea, how it ruffled her snow-white coat and how it whispered to her the darkest secrets. The sea and how she lapped at the sand, the songs she shared with the coastal wolves and her dangerous attitude. She closed her eyes for a moment, absorbing the last rays of sunlight before the light footfalls reached her ears. Her ears flicked at the sudden, slightly young voice. What was wrong with them? With her? Well, if she were to believe everyone, there were some great things completely amiss with her. Still, to hear it from such a young being was more humorous than it was threatening, even with his feral scowl and dominant way of moving. She rose to her feet, a faked- mad grin on her bloodied face. She turned to the boy, hackles raised and tail swaying high in dominance. A Gamma she was, and that was what she expected to be treated as.

No, young one, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOOOUUU....? She gasped dramatically. Her eyes displayed utter shock and disbelief, as if the boy had come straight from hell before her eyes. In reality it was all just a clever act to teach the boy a lesson- no one, and I mean NO ONE, bothers the fabulous Ondine while singing to the sea. Only Bain or Kjalarr had that right. Hell, even from Slancio she would accept it after pushing him in the ice-cold water. 
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
The boy wasn't exactly sure what she was trying to prove, or why she even bothered trying to make herself look scary when she clearly wasn't. Instead, the blood on her face looked really just looked kind of unsanitary and added to the whole deranged and crazed look she was going at. When her hackles raised, he was more concerned about her attempting to eat him alive rather than putting him in his place. Honestly, he wouldn't be supervised if she pulled out her dead grandmother's hip bone to wield as a hat or something; one could never be to sure in the face of a truly mentally disturbed being such as the thing he faced before him.

I mean, who the feck used blood as a facial decoration??

A kind of disturbed and clearly uncomfortable look developed on his face as he stared at her; some poor guy's blood peeling off her face before his eyes. Whatever had possessed Kjalarr to accept this thing in his pack was probably something Ondine put there, and she probably had a whole purse full of tiny brain eating demons that she tucked into their tiny beds each night as she kissed their foreheads and sang Kumbaya on repeat. “I don’t know if anyone had ever told you this, but, you should really stop with the whole blood thing. It really adds to your already repelling personality and overall deterring exterior and i’m not sure I feel entirely safe knowing you exist next door,” It came out as a rush, but, one he did not regret. I mean, someone had to tell her, right? Unless it was some religious thing, he really hoped she took the highroad and did them all a favor and didn't kill some guy, harvesting his blood and wearing his skin as a new coat like he assumed she got up to on her free time. 

Or, perhaps he was overreacting. He wasn't sure he actually cared.
"I am NOT forgetful"
241 Posts
Ooc — MEEBEE
She looked the, for her, tiny male straight into his eyes. She could already tell that he was a judgmental soul, and she hated him. It was a strong word to use, she knew, but she had enough bad memories of judgmental wolves. Her pack wanted to kill her just for the way she looked, but this time - this time, she would not be walked over like some piece of trash. Her brows furrowed, her grin disappearing, and she towered over the kid - blocking the last rays of sunlight with her big frame. Silently, she observed. Would anyone miss him if she killed the kid right here right now? She could throw him in the sea, let him be taken by Her to the darkest parts of reality. He was not invincible, no matter how hard he tried to be something else - he was still just a loud, rude, annoying tiny bag of flees and shit.

I don't know if anyone has ever told you this, but your way of judging is a false one -and I find it awfully dreadful to talk to you - you tiny piece of shit. She hissed at him, pressing just a little closer with the flame of a thousand suns in her normally cool, blue eyes. I don't need your judgement, and if you have a problem with me - just leave. I bet you won't make a whole week without a pack; our pack, with the food I hunted in your belly.

Next time you insult your Gamma, I'll use your blood as a decoration. She hissed lowly, baring her teeth. 
i don't need saving
98 Posts
Ooc — Allie
last post
The boy was not entirely sure what had caused him to outright insult the Gamma, nor did he particularily care. Perhaps it was the feeling of utter free will or maybe just he was an undiciplined, teenage boy with little care for who his words affected. Nodding readily, the boy broke at a run once the sea wench quit yapping, he did not need to hear what he could and could not do from a woman who knew nothing of what him and what he had already survived. “Nice talk!” He called only after he had sprinted a few meters, winking only once before he returned to his place of hiding.