Stone Circle Look up to the skies and see
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
All Welcome 
She hunted. Not for a kill, but for herbs. The glen she had chosen to place her den within was small, yet herbs grew on it's outskirts. Her forelegs were filthy and stained with earth from digging another den, not to live within but for herbs. Autumn already begun to claim plants, and she knew that she must find as many herbs as she could, for she did not know if another healer resided here, and it would be foolish to do nothing. She had collected already a small pile, placed by her den for sorting and placing within it once she completed it. 

It was a good start, but not enough. She needed so much more to last the winter, and would hunt for many more days. Not far from her children, they restricted her movements, but perhaps another could look after them. One day, perhaps, when she knew another well enough. But not yet, not when she knew little of the others.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Witch, having just woken up from a nap, bumbled out of the tree-root den she already adored, squinting around in a cross of worry and curiousity for her mother. Independant and stubborn as the little one already was, she didn't like when any of her family members was outside of her sight. When her blue eyes fell on the grey blur of her mother, the russet sprinkled girl waddled her way right to Althaia shamelessly. The pile of green beside her nest was of interest, too, but Witchhazel spared only a lick to one of the leaves before blowing air out of her nose excitedly and trotting clumsily for her mother - to her credit, she only fell twice on the way. Undeterred, she slipped under the grey belly of her now easy seen mother, rubbing against her leg before sniffing at.... Well, whatever her mother was paying attention to!
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Her daughter tumbld from the den, and she halted her gathering, watching her approach. She returned her daughter's gentle actions, but decided that she could perhaps show her some of the herbs. Perhaps one of her children would take an interest with it. She suspected her child to be bright, and thus she drew forth a sprig of dock, tangy and common in the clearing. "Hazel. Look." She pushed the dock toward her daughter, allowing her to smell it. "Can you find some of this, Hazel? Look." she demonstrated by pulling a sprig of dock from the plant beside her, placing it beside the first. "Can you do this?"
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Oh my god her first caregiver thread xD Im dying of cuteness.

Her mother's scent and touch was enough to bring another coo, but as the herb stole her attention, any worry she might've had about being so far from Nikai and Keoni were washed away. Althaia pushed one towards her, and this made the cream girls tail wave so fiercely it wiggled her entire body. Reaching out and giving this one, too, a curious lick, her face wrinkled and she flicked her tongue at such an odd mixture of newness.

The most stressed word was the only one she managed to pick up - find - but her mind was still too young to know what to do with it. The action, however, she could repeat - stepping forward and grabbing onto the nearest unpicked leaf, Witch tugged. Unfortunately, she ripped through it and tore, rendering the herb useless. Unknowing, she turned her chin up in pride with half of the leaf presented to her mother with a muffled whine.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Well, she tries.  She presented the torn leaF,  and Althaia took it gently, placing it on the pile with a smile. "Good job, Hazel. Let's try again." She murmured softly, moving toward the plant and putting emphasis on her actions. She moved toward the base of the plant, nipping sharply at the base a few times even after she had severed it. Display complete, she placed it on the pile with her daughters little leaf.
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her pale eyes follow Althaia's every move from the time she takes the herb to the time she puts a new leaf down on the pile, and in that moment Witch understands. Wiggling happily, Witch goes back to the plant and tears another leaf off - this time, she snaps at the stem just as her mother had. Even if the stem takes a little while to gnaw off, and the base is a little ragged, this is a leaf that can actually be used for healing. Snatching it up - still without breaking it - Witch turns and presents this one to her mother as well.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
This time her daughter does it right, and Althaia covers her with praise and kisses, tone light and happy.She takes the leaf again, placing it on the pile, demeanour proud and pleased with her daughter. She beckons her to come, approaching another herb she has not yet collected and repeating the actions, creating a small pile of leaves and persuading her daughter to do the same. Perhaps Hazel could be a valuable help- this could be her calling.
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her mothers reaction brought a happy squeal from Witch's lips, and she returned the licks bestowed on her. Her pride overflows as this leaf, too, is added to the pile - but just as Witch goes to reach again for a leaf, her mother calls for her to come in another direction. Confused, the cream pup follows quietly - when Althaia begins to pick at another plant, Hazel followed suit. As usual, the first one or two are a little mangled, but the third is snipped from the stem with possibly accidental presision and put with her mother's clump.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
yay! if you want to fade this one soon and have another caregiver thread, I'd be up for that XD.

Hazel follows obediantly, working alongside her and beginning to get the hang of it, it sems. When her third leaf is taken with precision, she hums happily and nudges her daughter lovingly, showering her in praise. She will persuade her to work alongside her until her daughter becomes tired or bored of the activity, but none the less she is so very proud of her lastborn. Perhaps Keoni, or Nikai would take an interest as well, though her son semed tired and her daughter ill. Another day, she would show them.
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Sure! Ill get that one started - I have a cute idea in mind.

The first two, she notices, get less of a reaction - but when her own sprig matches Althaia's, and the grey female again rains love upon her youngest, Witch understands that she needs to be careful with these things. 

The creamy girl works with her mother - despite being half the speed and sometimes biting too close to the herb - for a long while before feeling the rumble of hunger in her belly. After hastily tossing a last leaf, she nudges her way underneath Althaia and nips gently at the nubs she knows will give milk. Fully willing to drink right then and there if Althaia didn't move, she is at least patient for a few moments to allow her mother to decide where she wanted to go now.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Her daughter is a good worker, but Soo  the tires and nudges at her. With a smile and a praise for her good work, she nudges her carefully and leads her toward the den, laying and curling her body around Hazel and the others. She'll move the piles later, for now she is happy with her children and loathsome to move.