Stone Circle Mama, Mama, Look What I Brought You!
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 
Set to the 4th or 5th

In the days that passed, Witch's life had gotten significantly more exciting - she'd met new wolves, helped her mother gather plants, found a new nest, and had learned of the sightly things called sunsets. The girl couldn't know that it was not only her growing, but also the place in which she lived - she only knew that here was much better than the last place. Everyone seemed happier, more active - not like the dark, quiet days in the spiderlings glen. 

As usual, she didn't wander far from her family - but she'd taken to gathering anything pretty or interesting and shoving it either into the nest or hidden under any of the roots of her den. One of which was plants - since she wasn't sure which ones her mother needed and didn't she'd decided to collect all the different things in the meadow. 

As it was, today, she'd decided @Althaia needed a jaw-stretching, maw-staining, mouthful of grass. To her credit, they were all perfectly green and healthy: she had skipped in any blades that were wilted or browned from the coming of Winter. Poking her head into the den with a muffled, summoning squeak, her blue eyes sought the grey form of her mother.
Eta
I'm falling, so I'm taking my time on my ride
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Witchhazel had thrown herself into herbs- she loved them. Keoni grew better by the day, already she was much better. She was in the herb store, now fully evacuated and herbs bndled neatly throughout. She turned, exiting the little den, before coming face to face with the exact daughter she had been thinking of moments before. Her expression was one of surprise, then mirth, as her daughter proudly displayed the jaw-tearing bundle of grass that she carried, staining her maw a green. She smiled, thinking of a use for it. She hated to throw away anything her daughter brought, but the odd thing, mostly the stinky, potentially hazardous objects were casually picked up and left somewhere in the wood. 

But grass had many uses; bundling herbs and causing vomitting two of them. With a smile and praise, she lifted the bundle from her daughter, placing it carefully beside a small pile of feverfew with reverence and careful movements. T"hank you, Hazel." she beames softly, tail still if only to stop herbs from going in every which direction.
looking for caregiver threads! PM me if interested ^-^
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
Adeline roamed the new territory, exploring the newness of it. She rather liked all the white trees, though sometimes it was a little hard to get a bearing on her location since they all looked the same. But, upon looking closer, she began to notice little differences in their barks. She felt a little more comfortable moving around and not getting as lost.

Her nose caught a new scent, and Adeline paused in her trek. News of the new female and her pups had traveled quickly. Well, mostly to her because her Dad was Alpha. Because she was already aware of her acceptance, Adeline felt brave enough to change her course and head towards the new pack members. As the female came into view, Adeline stopped, her tail wagging briefly behind her. Hello, she said simply. Her gaze shifted to a smaller form, and her head tilted to the side. Had she been that small? Surely, but she couldn't remember. Her head lowered, eyeing the child. She did remember how it felt not to have anyone to play with, but Steady said there were three. Her eyes glanced around to see if she could find the others.
do you want to break me like you were fourteen
and someone dared you to break the law?
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Mother's sudden appearance didn't daunt the little girl, and she didn't in the least flinch as she presented her prize. Althaia needn't worry for throwing away her things, at least not yet, for she brought back so many baubles and trinkets and feathers - even bits of twigs or moss that she thought had an intriguing shape - that she didn't notice that some things vanished. Her mothers praise and interest was enough for her to keep bringing things.

Backing up to let her mother out of the den, Witch catches the eye of another. Like the others who have visited, the flower assumes she will see another mate, she fluffs up and grumbles before even truly looking. When she does, however, and finds not a massive frame of a male, but the slight frame of a girl. Not just any girl, either - she was different than her mother, or Antigone, and especially the men - but Witch can't quite figure out what it is. Her face morphs into one of surprise, amazement, and she turns her wide eyes to her mother in search of an explanation.

I ACTUALLY tried picking the most useless thing I could for her to bring xD
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Another has come o visit their little glenn, it seems. Her eyes are quick to catch the slight figure of the girl as she slips from her den. Not an adult, not yet, but she must be close, for she is growing into the frame of one. She is amiable, tail wagging as she greets her with a simple hello. "Hi." she greets in turn, not at all nervous for her pups, for this girl is one herself; albeit quite a bit older. Hazel seems to take a liking to the girl, she notices as her gaze flicks to her. "I'm Althaia, and her name's Hazel." she says with a soft smile as she gestures to the girl at her side. "What's yours?" she asks with open friendlyness, wondering who's daughter she may be.

She cast a quick glance at the den entrance, but her son and daughter showed no signs of emerging as of yet. Her gaze moved to a bit of marigold caught in her pelt, she picked it out carefully and placed it by the den entrance to be place back with the others later. Luckily, her daughter seemed to be free of any herbs that may have clung to her pelt.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
The pup fluffed up to her presence, and Adeline's eyes widened in surprise and her ears folded on her head. She hadn't meant to startle the pup. Was her mother going to be mad? Adeline had not come to cause trouble. The pup looks back-- for it's mother?-- and a female wolf appears out of the den, introducing herself as Althaia, and the pup as Hazel. Adeline's tail wags. Nice to meet you. I'm Adeline, she replied. 

Althaia seemed relaxed, for which the teenager was glad. Adeline went down to her belly, her eyes on Hazel, hoping she might come over to play. Her tail swept the ground behind her as she chuffed at the pup, her ears perked. All she had wanted to do at the age was play, and so she was inviting Hazel to do just that, assuming that she did want to.
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Witch is absoultely dumbfounded at this new creature - everything about her seems like Althaia.... Except for the things that are like HER. Having never seen another pup other than her own family, she didn't know what to do with herself. 

Luckily, the decision was made for her - Adeline lays on the earth like most of those she's met already, and since she's long since paired the motion with kindness, Witch takes a few tentative steps closer to the darker, larger pup. Her chuff brought Witch's ears forward, and her tail wiggled in joy when she recognized the gesture of play. She cooed gently, prancing forward proudly and approaching Adeline with the least bits of hesitation. She stays just out of the reach of her face, but pounces on a paw.
Eta
187 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
The girl was but a pup herself, Hazel, despite her initial reservations, seemed to like her. Her daughter was quickly changing from the shy girl she was, becoming decidedly more normal in her ways with strangers. The girl was older, almost indistinguishable from an adult in some aspects, markedly childish in others.

Her gaze scanned over her quickly, falling on her shoulder with a slight wince. "Ouch. That looks like it hurts. Are you alright?" She asked with concern, knowing not if she had received the benefit oF herbs.
even hell is holy
460 Posts
Ooc —
I'm so sorry for holding this up! @Witchhazel you're welcome to fade with your post if you don't feel like continuing this thread, or we can play it out! Whichever is good with me!

The pup seemed to accept her a little better once Adeline laid on the ground. She didn't remember a bunch from her childhood, but she did remember thinking of how all the adults seemed so big as they loomed over her. So, she tried not to do that with the pup before her. The universal sign of play seemed to help, too, and the pup came forward, still trying to keep out of reach, but she pounced on Adeline's paw. 

Althaia's voice brought Adeline's gaze to the woman. She knew instantly she was talking about her shoulder. It's okay, she said, brushing it off a little. It hurts sometimes, but Dad says it looks like it's healing okay, she admitted. I still have to stretch it a lot. Otherwise, it would get stiff when she walked, and Adeline would have a limp, which she hated.
107 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Im okay to fade with my post! It'd be a lot more interesting if Althaia had to deal with explaining Dad but since she's inactive and Witch is gone *shrug* we can close it up.

Though Witch came closer, Adeline was busy talking to mother -- this was okay by the tiny flower, who reached her head out to sniff better at the older girl. An odd creature, Witch thought, someone so in between she and her mother; would Witch one day look like that? It was easy to picture Adeline with creamy fur and sun-kissed sides (Witch had no idea the fire was on her crown, too), but the little girl could never imagine it being HER. Perplexed as she was, the urge to play died down as a word caught her attention. Not many words stuck in her brain yet, but the word "dad" jutted out like a tree in the desert. 

"Dddddddaaaaaa?"

Dad wasn't something she had, something she knew -- the word was as foreign and strange as the pup herself. Suddenly much less interested in her playmate, Witch turned and toddled back to her mother. She didn't stop there, though, nuzzling mother briefly before heading to the den to find her other siblings.