Ravensblood Forest I'd rather drown
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 

Low rumbling sounds woke the ocher eyed girl up in the middle of the night, and she scanned her surroundings. When she spotted no threats or anything that seemed out of place, she snuggled a little closer to her caretaker. She blamed the thunderstorms atop the mountains, though in reality it had been her own snoring. She let out a long sigh, checking every now and then for if the sun was already up, but it took too long for the impatient girl. Her thoughts wandered off to the day at the border, with Zephyr and how she had so rudely sent him away, but no tears stung her eyes this time. It had been fate that had separated them, and it seemed as if She wanted to keep it that way. And, to be honest, Chusi was fine with it too.    

She got up on all fours and rammed her growing body straight into Arturo. It probably hurt her more than him, but everything was needed to wake up 'Turo. 
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
he's raised on the edge of the devil's backbone
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Arturo was not habitually a deep sleeper. Whether this had came about during his initial ascension as Ceannasach in Quicksilver Hollow or if it was permanent fixture that came along with being a father he didn't know and supposed it really didn't matter. Even in slumber he was alert, for calls from The Family or any sign of danger. To this extent Arturo was an early riser and the fact that his young ward, Chusi, had awoken before him was a rarity. Sleeping in was not a luxury the gangster ever really afforded himself (and heaven knew his children had never given him the luxury) he jolted awake, groggy and disoriented when he felt something collide with the side of his body; hard. For a moment he blinked, unseeing, as he struggled to realize that he was awake and secondly, that the body that had slammed full force into his own was not someone trying to kill him but rather his young ward.

The gangster let out a low grunt and curse under his breath. “Chusi, Chusi; I'm up. I'm up.” He assured her, using repetition in the hopes that she did not feel it necessary to ram into his side again, lest she hurt herself or him. “What's wrong?” He was still a little disoriented, startled from his sleep as he'd been. “Why're -,” He let out a yawn, blinking rapidly at her silhouette in the dark confines of the den they shared. “-why're you smacking me about?” He half-heartedly demanded before another yawn split his maw wide. 'Smacking him about' was almost too nice of a way to say body slamming him but he didn't bother to correct his murmured question, the deep, smoky reticence of his tone like the soft, rumbling roll of thunder on a gathering storm still laced with the traces of slumber he hadn't been quite ready to wake up from.
[/td][/tr][/table]
wreathed in iron and in fire
i bare my bloody teeth
and only pity makes my strike so clean
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Rapidly shaking her head to come back to her senses from the sudden body slam, she took a few wobbly steps backwards and sat down. She watched her caretaker wake up, however ungracefully and kind of confused, but this sight did not spark laughter in the child. She was actually quite worried- she did not know the powers of her bigger body and was afraid she had accidentally really hurt him. Nose twitching and inching closer to make sure he was okay, she awaited a "wtf" moment. Yet, she was surprised the rude word did not leave his lips. Still she had to ask for what it meant, but it had been used several times around her now, and she was actually dying to know what it meant. Perhaps this would be a good time to ask?

Just checkin' if ya weren't dead... Can't afford losing meh another friend... She murmured softly in the saddest tone her happy peppy voice could manage. She noticed how sleepy he still looked, and felt kind of guilty for waking him up so roughly.  Hey, 'Turo? She asked. Wha' does "fuck" mean? 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Arturo took a moment to compose himself, to give himself the chance to wake up properly under the studious stare of Chusi. He gave his throat a soft clear, listening to the serene sounds of sleepy forest life above their den, content that neither of them were in any impending threat of or immediate danger. She inched closer to him and admitted that she was making sure he wasn't dead — he couldn't help but think that it was an extremely morbid thought — and then his gaze softened as it slid back to her when she confessed that she didn't want to lose another friend. He had little doubt that it was Zephyr leaving her that she was referencing. He'd given her some time to process it and deal with it on her own and now they were going to talk about it.

After they established that she couldn't just body slam people, and assure her that he wasn't going to leave her. “Chusi, come here,” Arturo beckoned the girl to lay beside him with a gesture of his muzzle in the darkness. “You can't just smack wolves about to make sure they're not dead, alright?” He asked her softly. “I'm not going to die,” Eventually he would, but not until he was the as old as the crypt-keeper and he had so many years full of life left in him. “And I'm not going to leave you. I promise you Chusi. I'm not going to abandon you.” He understood her fear, having had it happen for a second time. But Arturo wasn't her caretakers prior to Lotte.

Before Arturo could further broach the subject of Zephyr's insult and cowardice Chusi asked him a question. The gangster, in a moment of shame at his own loss of composure, looked away. “It's a bad word that you shouldn't repeat,” He chided her sternly. “It is a vulgar word and though it has more meanings than what I used it for,” which he had no intention of telling her for obvious reasons. “it is a obscene word used to denote disdain.” Arturo informed her, unwilling to further explain it's other meaning to her. Someday, he would, but not while she was still so young and impressionable.

“Chusi, we need to talk about what happened with Zephyr,” Whether she wanted to or not they were going to talk about it. “I'm not going to bad mouth him to you, but running away from you was wrong. It was cowardly and I'm sorry you had that happen again. You did nothing wrong, and I want you to know that. I want you to remember that. You were good to offer him a second chance. Better than me. I would have never offered the second chance,” Because Arturo did not tolerate betrayal, but or abandonment well at all. Already, Chusi was proving to be a much better wolf than him (Arturo). “When you love someone, Chusi, you don't turn your back on them, alright? You don't run away from them, or insult them. If something is broken you fix it.” But running away and hoping that a few months or years later would magically have fixed it was wrong because it never did. It only allowed it to fester and worsen.

“I meant what I said to him. If he is caught near our borders or in any of our surrounding territories he will be killed. I don't mean to upset you and I'm sorry if it does. But he insulted and hurt you and you don't deserve it. He made his bed knowing what was waiting for him when he chose. He must lie in it, as we all must.” Arturo explained softly, his deep, accented voice like the roll of thunder upon a gathering storm. He was alert to how his words affected her, understanding that they might be hard for her to hear, and she might resent him for them. Yet, he would not apologize. It was no different than he'd give any cast out, or trespasser whose life he spared. He protected The Family, as he always would.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ears flicked happily toward 'Turo when he didn't seem so mad, and she silently padded his way. She was just small enough to nestle close against him without it being uncomfortable- yet it was apparent that this luxury would soon expire. Resting her head on her ash paws, tail slowly wagging over their den floor she awaited his opinion in the matter. It was one she had expected, for she believed she knew Arturo better than anyone, and she closed her eyes in comfort. Good... She whispered softly, relieved that he made promises he would keep - unlike a certain someone. She trusted her masked friend more than anyone. He was something dear to her, and she was almost certain that she was something dear to him as well.

What's the othe' meanin'? She asked innocently. It was almost as if he was hiding the meaning behind the vulgar word. Weird, he was usually so open to questions. Was it inappropriate? But she was almost big now, she could take it- right? She found so. It couldn't be anything scarier than death or the dark, so what was he waiting for? For the sun to die? Chusi wanted to know, and she really wanted to know it right now.

Her ears drooped against her skull when the name Zephyr was spoken. It sent a little shiver down her spine, and she pressed closer to 'Turo. The praise did not lift her spirits the way it usually did, but it was nice to know she had done well. She was good- a good girl for her family. But, better than Arturo? But he was the goodest guy ever! Never would she be able to surpass him in anything, yet here he was confessing that it was not what she had thought all this time. Wha' does love mean anyway? She asked. She was avoiding taking about Zephyr, having nothing more to say about the scumbag that had not accepted her generous offer.

When the conversation turned even grimmer, the girl opened her eyes that, beside the wonder and amazed sparkles, had a new fire in them. She did not like Zephyr anymore- she despised him. He had claimed to be family, to be a friend, and he had turned his back on her. I wanna do i'...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
“I'll explain it when you're older,” For she was much too young to have those primal desires and that was not, admittedly, a conversation he was ready to have with her. In fact, it was a conversation he wasn't ready to have with any of his children. Arturo supposed he could have been like his mother who didn't tell him anything at all and left him to discover it all on his own (and his teenager self did, much to the chagrin of his adult self). One of those numerous discoveries (it was hard to tell which time) led to the conception of his children, who he almost shuddered to think were nearing the age he'd been when he'd had them. No, Arturo wanted his children, and by extension Chusi, to be aware and ...prepared when that time came. Admittedly, he had left the explaining to his daughters up to Duana while he tackled the task of informing his snickering sons who had probably been in that stump hump stage by then. His mind rejected all notions of wanting to think that Chusi would probably enter that curiosity stage soon, where she became more aware sexually of other wolves despite that it would be a long time before she could produce children of her own. She was still a child in the gangster's eyes and he was eager to keep her as a child for as long as he could.

Her following question he would have been happy to answer but the truth was Arturo's muzzle parted and then closed as he grasped for words to describe to her what love was. He wasn't sure that he could explain it. How to even begin? Where did he start? It was ambiguous. It was different for everyone and there were many different types of love. He had not loved Duana as he should have, perhaps, but he had loved her as the mother of his children. Yet, it had been easy to part with her knowing that she would find another. Arturo greatly doubted that the day he loved a woman as he should, as a partner in all things that he would be able to just walk away on mutual and respected terms knowing that there might be another. But then there was the love of a father. Arturo thought he understood that love better than any. Then there was the love for The Family. “Love...it can't really be explained Chusi,” He admitted giving his throat a soft clear. “it's ambiguous, it's different for everyone and there are so many different types of love. You just feel it and when you feel it you know what type of love it is without needing to ask yourself or any one else.” Arturo knew that his answer would not satisfy his young ward but in truth it was like his struggle to explain death: he couldn't. It just was and you just knew.

His brow raised in the darkness and his head rose from his paws, offering the girl whose side was pressed against him a hard glare that he wasn't sure she could see. Though he was training her to be a warrior, and killing came along with the territory he (very hypocritically) found that he didn't like her saying she wanted to kill Zephyr. “That is out of the question.” Arturo told her firmly. While Arturo did his best not to baby nor coddle her, while he treated her as an adult for the most part he had no intention of budging on this. “You're not ready to take the life of a man, Chusi.”
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Buuht 'Tuuurroooo. She whined, much like a child would. She realized sooner rather than later that this was exactly the behavior that made Arturo think that she was too young. She positioned her muzzle very regally and with closed eyes said; I understand, Ar-Tu-Ro. She made sure to pronounce even his name "right", but had gotten so used to her way of saying it that she split it into parts. She grinned with big eyes up at him. Besides, there were many others in Teaghlaigh that could tell her the meaning of this interesting word. There was Cam and... Cam and- oh, oh the two females. Yeah, those had been nice. Of course they would tell her something as important as the second meaning of "fuck". And if not, perhaps her big sister would- or Szymon. She doubted Darky could be of any help, but perhaps seeking her out one day was a good plan anyway.

Her ocher eyes grew wide, excited to hear Arturo's take on the meaning of love. She felt her cheeks grow hot as the answer did not let her down. Different types of love. Could she love Arturo as a father even though he wasn't- not really? Could she love him differently? Her eyes sought his mask, and she seemed deep in thought for a moment. He was different from Cam, and even more so from Szymon, yet she knew she loved all three of them. For now she thought it was friendship, but if there were different kinds... which one was she feeling? She pressed her forehead to the nearest part of Arturo she could find. I love ya, then.

Her first perked ears slowly lowered, eyes opening against Arturo but only seeing darkness- the one thing she was truly afraid of. But not with Arturo. With 'Turo by her side she was never afraid. Why hadn't her mother been more like him? Protective yet freeing, understanding yet with his own take on things. But wha' if he comes back when I'm all grown? Wha' if I have killed before he will even shohw his face?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
She whined in protest yet when she met his resistance, the unspoken look of 'that's not going to work' she was quick to amend herself, pronouncing his name in full if putting more emphasis than she should have. And because Arturo had already been through four mischievous children prior to taking Chusi under his wing he was filled with the suspicion that she would not let the matter drop. He spoiled her and if it was within his abilities and fell within his reason there wasn't anything he wouldn't do for her. His pupils narrowed in their pools of liquid glowing coals and he let out a low scoff. “And don't go asking anyone else in Teaghlaigh about it. They won't tell you, either and I'll know.” And if they disobeyed his order they would be punished for it. Arturo deigned to treat her as an adult as to not stifle her or keep her from growing up and yet at the same time he wished for her to maintain her naivety and childhood for as long as he could keep it so.

He felt the press of her head against his svelte, albeit broad shoulder and heard her admission of love for him. “As I love you, Chusi,” He admitted softly. They were not words that he often uttered, not even to his own children, though he had told them on occasion and felt confident that they knew as much without needing his verbal confirmation. Chusi had became his daughter in all the ways that mattered. She had needed him and unbeknownst to Arturo he'd needed her too, in a way. “About that,” Arturo broached shifting his weight slightly, pressing his spine against the den wall as he stretched as stiffly as he could in the confines of their spacious den without accidentally kicking her. “I've been thinking, how about you become my daughter officially? Take the name Fearghal as your own?” He inquired, though there was no pressure nor obligation for her to accept. He would not be upset if she rejected the offer to allow him to adopt her (and likewise for her to adopt him).

“Perhaps by then your need for revenge will have abated,” Arturo did not tell her that he suspected that Zephyr would not wait that long. He hadn't struck Arturo as the kind of man to give up easily despite how quickly he'd fled from Teaghlaigh's lands. Chusi's rejection had, ironically, stung him as much as his own had stung her's but when that ebbed Arturo suspected there might be resentment towards him. Of course, Zephyr could surprise him and let sleeping dogs lie. Nevertheless, Arturo deigned not to waste time thinking of him more than he needed to and hopefully, now, Chusi could put that to rest herself.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her innocent grin faded with his words, not doubting his ability to know she had asked someone. Though, would he know if she asked a stranger? He had said to not ask anyone in Teaghlaigh- so she could easily ask others that were not part of their family without disobeying him. Perhaps if 'Turo had not been so specific, the bright child would not have found a loophole in his request. I told ya I understood, and I meant i'. She said with a graceful sweep of her tail over their den floor. 'Turo knew much, but every move she made? He was a father, not a God. She chuckled softly. Either way she loved him very much.

Her cheeks became hot and red under her fur as her caretaker, too, admitted his love. Chusi knew this was fatherly love- at least, it was very likely. More likely than the romance type of love like Doe and Szymon. Chusi just kept believing that it was impossible for her to love Arturo as a father, for unfortunately, he was not. Not really. He had seen her grow up and all, but her true puppy state had been missed by his burning embers. Instead the precious moments of total innocence had been given to her Monster Mother and her equally bad former friend. Though her mind let that slide as Arturo was getting at something, though she did not remove her head from his shoulder. Her ears perked visually. Does i' work like that too?! She froze in place before literally bursting with joy, happiness lifting her on her paws to lose some energy by spinning around. Imma be a Fearghal! Imma be 'Turo's daughter! She cheered, eventually settling back against Arturo. Her tail made thumping noises as it hit the ground every time she wagged it, though it did not bother her.

Just like Zephyr didn't bother her anymore. She simply shrugged when Arturo answered, too happy to think grim thoughts. She could almost forgive Doe for not letting her stay at Blackrock- for if she hadn't refused to let her join, perhaps she had never become 'Turo's real daughter. And, let's be real, 'Turo was a little cooler than Szymon.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
Her innocent smile had faded when he made his threat known: that he would find out if she went behind his back to ask another member of Teaghlaigh what the word fuck meant. Though for the most part it was genuine he thought he'd became rather skilled when children were plotting behind his back. Part of Arturo understood it was what children did in their never ending quest to understand the world around them even though they would come to learn in time that there were things they would never understand. Followed closely was their relentless desire to grow up ...until they reached that point and realized that being an adult wasn't all it looked cracked up to be. “Alright,” Arturo accepted her insistence.

As he wasn't entirely sure what she meant by does it work like that there was an uncharacteristically long pause for a moment as he tried to deduce her meaning and realized that while he was pretty sure he understood her question he wasn't entirely sure how to respond to it. Her biological parents would always be such: they'd made her afterall; but adopting her as Fearghal meant that she was his daughter in all the ways that mattered — and vice versa. “You're my daughter in all the ways that it counts, Chusi. As far as anyone needs to know: you're a Fearghal now and that's the end of it.” Who sired her, or who gave birth to her for that matter didn't matter and wasn't anyone's business.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Alright. She repeated calmly, relaxing against her now father. She never had a father before. Was it different from having a 'Turo? Was he gonna look after her even more now? She had to tell Cam! wait, did this all mean that her big sister was now also Arturo's daughter? Or did taking last names do something else? Chusi was confused but very happy, and she couldn't wait for it to be daylight again. Suddenly a burning question reached the top of her tongue, one that was neither about fucking or killing Arturo was doing such a good job of raising her, oml.

Will ya teach me to hunt today? Hadraniel said I needed to hunt for mahself to become a bettah warrior. She explained softly. but if Arturo was busy doing something else today, she'd ask someone else. 
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
630 Posts
Ooc — Phi
Master Guardian
conclude with your post, maybe? :D <3

There was a silence between them and it was comfortable and Arturo did not deign to break it. His ears swiveled towards her when she posed her question to him, however. “Yes, I will teach you to hunt,” In truth, it was a skill Chusi should have learned long ago but he understood how it might have escaped the concern of her former caretakers. Of course Lotte was not grouped in that as Chusi hadn't been in the mummer's care for very long. He'd wondered if she knew how to hunt but as he spoiled her, brought her plenty of food to eat through out the day he had never brought it up. It was in the father's nature to take care of her, but she was right: she needed to learn it. Or, rather, this Hadraniel — whoever the fuck that was — had said. For a moment the question lingered on his tongue: the urge to inquire deeper at this stranger. For a moment, Arturo wasn't so sure he liked strangers telling Chusi what she needed to do to be a better warrior. That was his job; and he didn't need help raising her. He raised four children before her (despite that he'd had Duana's help), surely he could manage Chusi as a single father.

Then again, Arturo didn't like strangers sticking their noses in his business either. Nosiness was bound to get a fella — or gal — in some serious trouble when it came to Arturo Fearghal. His affairs were his own, just as the affairs of The Family stayed within The Family. “You should know how to hunt. It's the basic of skills. Pups your age should be starting to participate in pack hunts. You'll need to hunt to survive. I won't always be able to spoil you,” He teased her with a light nudge. For now, he got away with it. Surely, she would reach a point when she didn't desire him being such a dad.

“Come Chusi. We'll start with something easy.” He rose to his paws and exited the den, gesturing for her to follow him when she, too, emerged.
[/td][/tr][/table]
i bare my bloody teeth
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Okidoki!

Her face lit up instantly. Arturo was the best! He would teach her how to hunt and how to fight and everything she desired to know. Well, everything except the second meaning of "fuck". But that was something for later. For a moment she recalled all Hadraniel had said to her and how she had almost been killed by a gyrfalcon that seemed to really like the flesh of little girls. It had been a terrifying experience, yet somehow very educative. It had taught her that birds could not fly very swiftly through forests and woods, and that birds were probably the least likable animals out of all of them. If a bird would ever try to kill her again, she'd kill it back and dance near its corpse right before eating it. But how would she ever hunt for birds? That would be Arturo's job to teach her.

She listened and gave him a look of "well, thanks, I know I'm slow" but kept her mouth shut. She chuckled only seconds later. Of course she wasn't mad. After all, it was not her fault she had no idea how to hunt. But if it was anything like fighting, she knew she would probably be a natural at it. As long as she could impress her now father, everything would be fine. No, everything was fine.

When he beckoned her to come, she rose to her feet quickly and gracefully exited the den just behind her father. Alright then! early morning lesson! Hell yeah!
**Join THE VELINGAR!**