Sun Mote Copse She Shall Be Saved in Childbearing
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
Private 
@Ar-Khalba

The time had come, she knew. After speaking with Giana, she knew she should not keep her blessing secret for long. She believed the whole pack should know and be able to rejoice with her in Molech's blessings, in the plan that the Many Armed God had for them. So she sought out Khalba that evening. The sun was dipping below the horizon, casting fire into the clouds. She marveled at it a moment as she tracked the man. He was not her mate, and she knew this. It was not for that reason that she sought him. She sought him because he too had been blessed. He too had been chosen. These children were his blood, and he should know that they live within her. So she sought her katimir, to share the news.

She tracked him for a time, and as she grew closer she lifted her head to the sky and released her voice. It tumbled through the chilly air, soaring against the orange clouds to seek the ears of the male. She could hear the happiness in it, could hear her own joy. Hopefully it wouldn't spoil the surprise, for she was eager to see what his reaction would be.

106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Asherah's howl had roused Ar-Khalba from his sleep. It had been a pleasant afternoon nap, yet as Ar-Khalba was wrenched sharply awake, he was plunged into groggy disorientation. After pawing the boogers from his eyes, Ar-Khalba made his way toward the sound.

The Katimir found Asherah a short distance away. "Yes?" he spoke, exhaustion evident in his voice. In his tired haze, Ar-Khalba had yet to put the pieces together about Asherah's possible pregnancy. Of course, the thought still lingered in the back of his mind when wakeful, but there was always the distinct possibility that the pregnancy had not taken, which would bring shame upon the whole sisterhood.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The male approached her weary and worn, but he came at her call all the same. She had never imagined herself informing a male of a pregnancy without being his mate, but then again she hadn't yet glimpsed the light of Molech at that time. She smiled warmly at him, but felt anxiety quivering over her. She'd never had to do this before.

"I wanted to let you know myself," She said, her words pausing for a moment as she looked at him. "Molech has blessed us both, and the pack. I will bear young soon, your young. Of this I am certain." She glanced nervously away but then back to the male, lifting her head and meeting his gaze with confidence. She wanted to see what his reaction would be.

106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
When Asherah finished, Ar-Khalba couldn't hide his stupid grin. She would bear children -- his children. The thought of new life flushed all remnants of grief in his heart that remained from the ilidu-dam. It was clear to see that he and Eshamun's offering of newborn life had brought the Malkiaria prosperity. Molech had been sated with the sacrifice of his firstborn, so these pups could live. In a way, Ar-Khalba felt it was worth it.

For a brief moment, Ar-Khalba made a stammering sound as he tried, and failed, to form complete words. Eventually, he was able to breath an awestruck, "Wow." His eyes fell on Asherah's stomach. She had yet to show, but still she knew. "How long have you known?" he asked.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
The grin that rose over his face brought one from her own. She laughed happily at his stammering surprise, tail swinging behind her. His pleasure made her glow, made her fly. His eyes moved to her stomach and she turned to look herself. "Nothing yet, but soon they will grow strong and large. Perhaps you will have a son to stand beside you and serve Molech, perhaps a daughter to watch flourish. Perhaps both." She was nearly giddy with the possibilities.

"Not terribly long. I've been ill. I thought at first it was just that, but it has stay for far longer than any sickness should. I feel differences in my body, soreness, pinches, that I haven't felt before. I can only guess that this is what it is. I was waiting a little while, to be sure. I should be around four weeks, give or take. From what I have learned, they will begin to move soon, so that I can feel." She was still beaming, she shook her head.

"It's hard to imagine that they're in there, really and truly alive, but I know that they are."

106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
He desired a son, though he truly did not know why. Daughters fared better among the sisterhood and were of more use to Molech. They could ascend into the priesthood and make names for themselves, whereas a male's lot in life was much more simple. Yet, there was something about the simplicity of this life that Ar-Khalba particularly enjoyed and wished to share with his spawn.

He smiled. Joy lighting across his face like a brightly shining beacon. "I know a few herbs," he said. However, the local flora was much different than Surrendra -- and on top of that, winter approached fast. "If need be, I can help you bear the nausea." He wanted to make sure Asherah's pregnancy went without issue. After all, the condition of the litter reflected heavily on himself.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
It pleased her to see him so happy, to both be planning and looking forward to the small lives within her womb. She smiled at his offer and nodded. "I would like some. I will not take it often, for Molech has given me the nausea so that I may know my blessing is great. I will only use it if I need it. It's hard to eat, lately." She admitted the last with a small amount of shame.

"I eat, but the food will not stay. Not the smallest, nor the largest. Not the richest nor the oldest meat. The children mean to starve me." She smiled again, laughing as she spoke the word. "The children. Our children, Ar-Khalba." She reached forward to touch him, to share in an embrace of pure joy. She was dancing the edge of a fine blade, allowing herself to favor the male and linger upon him. She knew the law of Molech, knew that he was not her mate. For now though, there were no other males to distract her...and her belly was full of his children.

A thought struck her, and she glanced up to him. "Have you had children before this? Eshamun's litter, I know, but before that? Children who grew within the world back where you were born?" Eshamun's litter was just as important as her own, her meaning was not to put those children down or to discredit them. She simply didn't know if Ar-Khalba had children. Eshamun and Ar-Khalba's litter had ascended to a higher plane, it was because of that litter that her own existed.

106 Posts
Ooc — Ryan
Our children. It still felt surreal. The truth of the matter still hadn't quite sunk in yet, but in time it would. Ar-Khalba would be a father -- and in doing so, he would fulfill his duty to the Malkaria by filling the Sisterhood's ranks with able bodies of his own blood. They would be the first of many, that he was sure. There would be many mothers, with many children. All his. But Asherah, she would be his first. A nagging part of him felt it should have been Eshamun, but that time would come as well.

Ar-Khalba shook his head. "No," he answered, smiling dumbly as he spoke. "This will be my first living litter." It would be a complete lie to say Ar-Khalba wasn't nervous for what was to come, but he knew he would approach the coming months with excitement.
176 Posts
Ooc — Lia
It was somehow pleasing to know that as he had been her first in mating, and her first partner in motherhood, she too was a first for him. "The first of many." She smiled back at him, giving him a gentle nudge under the chin. She was not speaking of herself here, but of the other women too. Ar-Khalba, with Molech's blessing, would father many litters. She herself may well live to mother many, depending on the wishes of their God.

"I hope they are everything we wish for." Her voice was still soft, delighted itself. Her eyes brightened and she glanced to him with a curious look. "Molech will make them as they are meant to be, but what would you like this litter to hold? Boys? Girls? Both would be a true blessing...but what does your heart desire?" She didn't want him to answer based on what the pack needed, but selfishly. What did he want most of all?