Stone Circle Where do we go from here?
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
All Welcome 
Tagging a few folks but anyone is free to hop on in!
The air was brisk and bold as it carried flurries through the land. Belle was awake a bit later than she had been in days past though she put herself to work immediately after rising from the floor of her den. While she planned to go search for herbs, a bit of company was needed. Something about the winter exposed the livelier (if you could call it that) side of Belle and she longed to share that joy with someone else.
Perhaps @Grayday would be out and about. Belle could give him some of the borage leaves she'd sniffed out the day before as a present for Amber; Easthollow's newest mother. If @Valette and @Steady were out (and there was no doubt that if they were then @Keoni and @Nikai would be as well, which Belle was less than excited about) then she could share a bit of lavender to liven their den. That being said, Belle had convinced herself that they didn't need her to help spice up their little home, even with the pups.
Her last resort would be @Chaska, the bulk headed brute who she wanted to tame. He wasn't interesting (in fact, Belle thought he was quite plain) but she needed to get closer to him if her plan had any hope.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was approaching his period of rapid growth, and for now he was enjoying learning new words and bantering around in the snow. It'd started to fall not long ago, and though it had gone away again for a moment, Nikai had been assured it'd return soon. Normal rain didn't seem to happen at all anymore, and the air was crisp and clear. His breath, in turn, produced little clouds of air that he'd tried to snap at, but weren't solid like the snow.

When he heard rustling not too far away from where he'd been taking a walk and playing about with one of his parents, Nikai was quickly intrigued. He loved meeting new adults, and though he also felt a little bashful and frightened, he knew that with a parent nearby things'd turn out fine. "Hello wolfin," Nikai said with a hint of shyness to his voice as he looked at her. "What's doing?" Head tilted curiously, a serious expression on his small face.

i assumed that steady or valette were nearby, if anything in my post isn't okay please let me know and i'll edit. :)
122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Much to Belle's disliking, a runt appeared at her paws adorned in shades of black. She have a disgusted smile before gently calling out to either of the superiors in the pack. S-Steady? Valette? I think you lost one of your troopers, she yelled, though her voice was smooth and melodic as to not scare the child. Taking a step back, she chose to respond to the young lad's question, though something within her longed to turn and run back to her den where she would be safe from further interrogation. I'm taking a walk. 
Hoping the pup would remain behind her, she turned and began strutting away, marking her discontent under her breath.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai looked over his shoulder to see if @Steady or @Valette were coming as the new wolf called out to them, but was quickly distracted back onto her. He looked at her curiously even as she said that she was taking a walk. Nikai looked at her as she turned away and started to walk, and he quickly followed, trying to place his paws in her pawprints as he walked, making his steps large and comical.

"Walk walk walk walk," Nikai chirped as he followed her with a cheerfulness, tail wagging gently behind him. "Nikai can taking a walk!"
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Steady had been away from the den, returning to find Nikai had seemingly gone exploring. At least, Steady hoped he was just out exploring. He put his nose to the ground and followed the scent trail the pup had left. It didn't take him long to hear voices, Mirabelle's and Nikai, though he was too far away to decipher words just yet. 

Tail wagging, he caught up with the pair who were headed in the same direction. He caught Nikai saying something about he could take a walk, and Steady grinned at his youthful exuberance. Staying quiet, he followed his son, head a little low as he stalked Nikai playfully.
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~
Feel free to tag Steady if needed. Unless otherwise asked, all threads are AW.

122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
Belle huffed and shook her lowered head, and no matter how bad she wanted to curse the little demon to hell, she decided against it as whatever she said would inevitably be repeated back to her leaders. Okay, was all she said before takin off at a steady trot. Hopefully, Nikai would fall behind and she would be free of his burden, but life was never that easy, and Belle knew it was wishful thinking.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai didn't notice Steady's approach, so absorbed was he in the stranger he was meeting. She took off with an 'okay', which he knew to mean 'yes'; Nikai smiled broadly at her acceptance of his tagging along as he followed her, yet unaware of how uncomfortable she was and excited to be meeting her. He started in a slow trot first, but noticed she was going quite fast and broke into a gallop quickly.

When he found it hard to keep up, he called out, "Not so fast walking!" hoping that she would realise she was losing him and slow down her pace before she was completely out of sight.
The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Neither child nor adult had noticed him yet, and Steady decided to remain a quiet stalker as Mirabelle led the way, and Nikai followed her with haste, though it took a little more for his tiny legs to keep up. He called out to Mirabelle, and it was then that Steady lifted his head to see if she would pause to allow his son to catch up. 

It was sort of a defining moment. She didn't seem quite interested in Nikai, but didn't tell him to get lost either. He supposed maybe she wasn't up for company, but didn't have the heart to just send the boy off. Would she continue walking, or would she really invite Nikai along for the walk, instead of just making him run behind her?
~I am a wolf. It's my nature to be kind, gentle and loving. But know this: When it comes to matter of protecting my friends, family, and heart—don't trifle with me, for I am also the most powerful and relentless creature you will ever know.~

122 Posts
Ooc — Nadia
She could've continued on with her plan, leaving Nikai behind to fend for himself. She could've made her way into a gallop until her den was in sight and laid down for a midday nap. But the child just had to call out to her, tugging at whatever soft spots she still had. Belle slowed herself to a stop and let her head hang low as she whispered curses to herself, then called back to Nikai — C'mon then. — before continuing on at a strolling pace. Where's Steady and Valette, huh? Why aren't ya at home?
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Nikai was glad when she finally slowed down and allowed him to catch up. He politely said, "Thankin!" And then look at her with tilted head, his sides heaving from the exertion of the run, while she asked about Steady and Valette. He had forgotten all about his parents and a sudden wave of guilt and loneliness rushed him as he looked round to see where they'd gone. "I dunno!" he called out with a gasp that showed he had forgotten all about them, and he looked around while he called out: "Staddy! Lette!"
1,066 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Guardian
Nikai called out, but didn't seem to see Steady trailing behind them. He let out a chuff, announcing himself. His tail wagged as he sped up to close the distance between them. He nudged his son playfully before glancing to Mirabelle. Everything alright? 

Short post is short >_<