Hushed Willows elusinian
29 Posts
Ooc —

she'd done it. She'd found a home, a good one at that, and had spent the days and nights that had past in a blur exploring, and crisscrossing the territory with vigor. Yet when she woke that morning, and discovered everything to be covered in a fresh layer of snow, the sky a bloodless hue, she had slipped early from the Crook and set of the explore the perfect blank canvas before it once again became covered with earth and footprints.

yet she did not expect, when trotting through the snowy white, to suddenly have the earth beneath her feet crumble. Her breath hitched as she plummeted through a particularly high snowdrift, yhe winds having tossed it against a short drop, making it seem for all the world as merely a gentle incline. 

Her ear recovery was less then graceful, bursting from the drift with a huff, thoroughly dusted with snow and a great deal colder then she was willing to be, though a stiff shake of her pelt rid her of much of the powdery white, her cheeks heated in the slightest at her clumsiness.
346 Posts
Ooc — Kat
If this isn't open, let me know and I'll remove this post.

Tambourine loved the snow. He loved jumping in it, rolling in it, snorting it, eating it and—most of all—peeing in it. Just now he attempted to draw a wolf's face but he lost his balance and staggered, pissing on his leg instead. Laughing and shaking his head at himself, he sat and began to clean the moisture off his limb, admiring the little bit of yellow snow he'd managed to create. When he was finished, he sprang back onto all fours and cantered off into the willows to find another drift to destroy.

Instead, he found a wolf. "I don't know you," he blurted, slowing to eyeball the unfamiliar she-wolf. Her coat was darker on top, then faded on her lower half. She was pretty. Tambourine's tail waved and he smiled at her, noticing the sparkling of melting snow on her pelt and the heaps of white behind her. "You playing in the snow too? It's pretty cool, isn't it?" he quipped, wiggling his eyebrows and chortling at his own joke before adding, "I'm Tambourine."
29 Posts
Ooc —
this is open! always forget to select that XD

her gaze was quick to find the gangly grey youth, easy to pick out among the snowy white. Younger than her, most definitely, though by how much she could not tell. She flashed a smile as he approached, demeanor amiable, for it would do poorly to meet a packmate otherwise. He blurted a few words as he approached, her cracking a slightly confused grin. Well, that much was obvious, was it not?

at his second question, she grinned, both at his assumption and his lame quip, laughing at his eyebrows wiggling like worms above his optics. "More like falling in it, actually." It wasn't that she was a stranger to snow, simply that this was her first winter alone, and at an age when she could actually partake in the snow. Most of her first winter consisted of being a potato in a den with other potatoes. "I'm Talewi." She replied as he spoke again, wondering at his name, one she found odd, having heard nothing of the sort before.
346 Posts
Ooc — Kat
"Hey," he said excitedly when she introduced herself in exchange, "both our names start with Ts!" His butt wiggled. They hadn't known each other for five seconds and already he was endeared to her. "Good thing it's so soft and powdery then, huh?" he joked in response to her comment, making a show of freezing and toppling over. He misjudged the snows' depth—the impact actually jarred him quite badly—but he played it off with a grin before rolling around on the snowy ground.

He paused long enough to peer at her, upside-down. "You're new, aren't you? How long have you been here?"