Dragoncrest Cliffs Petalite
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
All Welcome 
set for tomorrow and THUNDERSNOW. real, live video of portia >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdRWGMyeSYY 

yesterday had been strange, but today was so many shades worse. she was fidgety today, and still just as irritable. despite the freezing cold, she needed to leave this cavern and all of the wolfish smells that lingered in it-- especially dio's, because today, for whatever reason, she really wanted to fight him. she knew better than to pick fights with the one wolf who she would do anything for, so she decided to get some fresh air-- even if it froze her ears off.

she crawled from the caverns, immediately buffeted by snow and wind. it stung a bit, and her ear was blown sideways, pressed against her head. but, despite all that, when she emerged with one eye closed as to not get ice in it, the other witnessed a bright crack against the dark sky, a loud roar rumbling around the territory. a loud yelp escaped her maw, and then-- out of fear and excitement, similarly to the earthquake incident-- her eyes began to water. it was thundersnow! something she hadn't seen ever! she'd heard so many stories about it, but never before had she witnessed the strange phenomena.

and then, right before her very eyes again, it reoccured! this time the light lit up a brilliant white, no individual bolt to be seen. the thunder was even louder this time, and she leapt in the air a few times. she stuck her head in the cavern, howling throughout it for someone to come see. what a day! the skayona was beyond thrilled, even though it was unlikely anyone else would feel the same way. "goodness!" she repeated over and over, snow now plastered to her side.
green text signifies trigedasleng.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra watched from her sleeping spot as the speckled woman left the cave in this horrible weather. The young female lifted her head and watched her go. She wondered why in the hell she would go out. She looked around and then pushed herself into a sitting position. Her condition wasn't the greatest yet but she wouldn't want anything to happen to the other plant girl. She still had to talk to her!

Kendra wanted to move closer to the entrance but then the thunder unleashed and she rushed back to her spot. She knew about thunder and lightning but this sounded way more intense. The speckled one then howled for someone to come see. Kendra wondered if she was alright. She inched closer to the woman. Kendra peeked her head out of the cave to see the spectacle. Portia seemed to really enjoy it. Kendra was rather confused why she was enjoying this.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
more lightening struck, and the dark-furred yearling that she'd healed not too long ago poked her head from the cave. the freckled skayona turned to see her, her tail wagging furiously. "do you see this!?" she yipped to the other, the wind buffeting against her side. her ear flipped over backward, revealing a light pink color, though she didn't really care. "it is fantastic! a miracle of the natural world!"  she added, turning back to the sky. she'd seen plenty of them recently... the earthquake, the volcano, the volcano again... it was crazy, and she was having a ball! she only hoped the other botanist would have the same opinions.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra did not really share her sentiment of the thunder and lightning. She was just worried she was going to get hit. Kendra let out a woof for her to come inside with this danger. She liked plants and she couldn't see how this spectacle had anything to do with plants, if they would be hit by lightening they would die. "Yes, and you should come inside and watch from here," she returned, not really wanting to be responsible for this female's death if she would get hit.

However, as it continued Kendra was slightly memorized by the lightning. She didn't like the loud bangs though, and made herself small against the ground.
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
any botanist was surely some sort of naturalist, they would have to be fascinated by the natural world so some degree. the lack of enthusiasm in kendra's voice made portia a bit upset, but she ignored her calls to return and instead just stared up at the sky with a waving tail. "that's too far!" she called back, "you don't get the same effect from back there!" portia was stubborn, and kendra was surely learning that today.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra's ears flattened. She could expect the female not to listen to her as a lower ranked female. The dark girl stayed low to the ground. Not familiar with this type of thunder. The sky cracked again she flattened herself even more. After the shock of the loud bang she sped up close next to the other female. Though she was almost trying to crawl under the other female. "Why is it so loud?," she questioned.
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
kendra came closer, which pleased the hormonal fisa. "well, hun!" she exclaimed brightly, "it's thunder, after all, got a lot to do with the air and how heavy it is... or something like that." portia's explanation was nowhere near spot on, but what did wolves really know about thunder and lightening anyway? "the lightening comes before the thunder, but it's still so bright and beautiful!" her eyes travel the area, scanning for more. she huddled there a little longer, eventually deciding her toes were sort of freezing off.

with a small smile, she looked to kendra. "want to go get something to eat inside hun? i suppose it's a bit cold to stay for the whole show..." she asked, bracing a bit against a stronger gust of wind.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra didn't really feel safe until she was basically nestled against the spotted female. Luckily it didn't seem to bother her, in fact she started to explain about the thunder and lightning. Kendra did find it interesting but she rather liked to watch it inside. Her body was still not what it should be so she was quick to get hypothermia. "Y-yes!," she spoke as her teeth were chattering together. "How do you know so much about these weather things?," she asked curiously.
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
she ushered the girl back to the den, shaking the snow from her fur when she ducked inside. she hadn't been around for that long-- it wasn't like she was a seasoned elder who knew everything. she'd just always sort of known things about weather and plants. she'd hung around them for so damn long she just learned things as she went. she did, however, remember where she learned about the wonderful thing that thunder snow was. "there was this old witch back in my birth pack that used to ramble on about the weather. she believed in omens and such, thought she could control it by burning certain herbs... it only worked sometimes, but she used to talk about thunder snow all the time. this is my first experience with it."
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra also shook the snow from her fur and then snuggled against the female for heat. She was not that fattened up yet, and being out in the snow made her tremble. The other's body heat helped. She listened to the speckled woman's story. "My mom was a witch too!," she let out and smiled a bit. "I never met her but wolves from my previous pack said I took after her with my interest in plants," she explained. "However she was more of a healer. I am not. It is cool you know so much about the weather!"
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
portia let the young girl snuggle close, pressing against her almost protectively-- she didn't need children to have maternal instinct. she didn't believe much in witchcraft-- it was interesting stuff, but it never proved to be extremely true, everything seemed like it was a coincidence. she believed in a God though, and miracles, and the weird ways of nature. so if kendra believed her mother was a witch, well, she'd go with it.

"i am a healer," portia replied in a purr, her tail wagging, "though i use herbs and plants... it is nice to see a fellow skayona among the ranks, though others will refer to me as the pack's fisa." without a true healer among the pack, portia had taken up the role. she didn't mind it, she was quite good at it and enjoyed it-- though it would always be botany that held her captive.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Kendra knew now that the ranks were not based on status but on each of their specialties. She liked that far better. The speckled woman told her that she was more of a healer now, which also meant her rank had a different name. It was good to know that this female was the pack’s healer. If she ever needed more healing.

Kendra was never much interested in healing. She was more interesting in poisons. She liked to be a toxicologist. Perhaps that was something she could focus on now. ”I’d like to expand my Skayona rank into that of a Toxicologist. Would you be able to help me with that?,” she asked curiously. Maybe this woman had some knowledge the wolves at Blackfeather hadn’t.

[/td][/tr][/table]
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
toxicologists dealt with things that were potentially deadly-- and portia was much more comfortable with things that healed rather than harmed. that being said, she did know a good amount of information on harmful plants. she nodded, smiling a bit. "it's not my specialty, i prefer botany to toxins, but i would gladly help you," she said with a few taps of her tail against the rocky ground. she gave a quick, thoughtful click of her tongue before continuing.

"what were you hoping i could help with, hun?"
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist

Kendra was glad that her interest in poisons were accepted by the other. Perhaps it was not an interest of the speckled woman at least she was ready to help her. "Well I already know about Jimson Weed, Poison Ivy and Deathly Nightshade. They are interesting enough. Perhaps you know some others that can be dangerous? I also wouldn't mind learning how to treat them. Even though I am not a healer it might come in handy to know what to do or eat if I would accidentally poison myself," she explained to the other.

Kendra seemed friendly and open enough about it. She didn't want any distrust amongst her pack mates that she was here to poison them. However she would like to use it as a weapon one day as she couldn't fight like Eske could. She would pick her own weapon and to her that was poisons. "But that is perhaps something we can talk about when I am stronger and the snows are gone."

[/td][/tr][/table]
Peculiar Little Thing
Did someone say plants?
526 Posts
Ooc —
Medic
WOW I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS I AM SO SO SO SO SO SORRY you can fade out w your post?

she smiled, faintly. those were poisons, sure enough, and they made the healer just a tad bit uncomfortable. but kendra mentioned wanting to learn how to treat them, and that made her a bit more open to easier conversation. "of course," she replied, her smile broadening, "when it gets warmer i'll find you and we can go out on an antidote run-- okay, hun?" her request was genuine, and she was glad she could teach the other about something-- even if it was poisonous plants.

"why don't we rest? i'll keep you warm, sugar," she offered, and nuzzled the girl softly. she wouldn't mind snuggling-- it was good practice for the babies that she would soon be having.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Don't worry! <3 Yes I shall!!!

Kendra was liking the speckled woman more and more. It sounded like she was open to teaching her. Kendra was a very willing student. She hoped that the nice weather would come around soon. She missed working with plants. She always had an affinity with them. Perhaps she could show how much she knew about them already. Kendra agreed with a nod. She wouldn't mind being kept warm. She snuggled against the female and closed her eyes.

- END -

[/td][/tr][/table]
Peculiar Little Thing