Dragoncrest Cliffs Cave Dwellings
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
All Welcome 
Located at Hougeda, all welcome to meet Kendra

Kendra had basically been presented for everyone when she was brought in with Xan on the day of her acceptance. Though she hadn't really made that much effort to connect with her new pack mates. Mostly because she was very intimidated by them all. Living for month is solidarity and growing up in a pack like Blackfeather didn't help much with her social skills.

Though Kendra always had her curiosity by her side. It had saved her on multiple occasions. The girl unfolded her legs from the little sleeping place she deemed alright, and pushed herself to her feet. Her frame was still lanky and malnourished but with the steady source of food she was feeling better. Kendra curiously looked around the cave to see if anyone was around.
[Image: kendra-pixel_zpssjjmu8wj.png]
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
hope you don't mind me & a wild eske. hover for translations! :D

[table width=85%][tr][td]
There had been an influx of strangers in Drageda though three out of the five newcomers were of Seageda. Inherently, this made Eske more inclined to trust them a bit more than the outsiders Heda had let in but not by much. Anyone could claim loyalty, after all. It was proven action that the Gona desired to see. She was Drageda born and raised, and (she certainly hoped) her loyalty was not in question. Obviously, the Commander had seen something she liked in the two outsiders but Eske was not quick to trust and she observed them when they had been introduced to them with skepticism. It did not fall out of Eske’s memory that her own mother had been an outsider (and probably always would be) but Gyda the Viking Queen had proven herself in some way or another. Regardless, it didn’t matter. There was very little of her influence in Drageda and for that Eske was (horribly) glad. Though Gyda’s outsider faith and culture had made for nice bedtime stories Eske found her mother’s ways strange and not relatable. About the only thing she found relatable was her stories of valkyries and shield-maidens. Woman warriors choosing the slain. Looking back upon it, Eske realized how little she had in common with her mother and even her siblings. Perhaps that was why they had left and she alone remained: because this was where she belonged.

The Drakru’s steps were slow as she explored the cavern (as there wasn’t much of anything else to do) only to give pause when her sea blue-green gaze fell upon the woman outsider. Manners, Eske, she reminded herself with a light bite to her tongue. Outsiders could rise to greatness beneath Heda’s rule: had that not been proven by both Wildfire and Dio? The Warrior Princess’ steps slowed to a halt and her tail gave a faint twitch against her hocks as she studied the dark colored girl with light markings at her brows. She found them mildly fascinating, pretty even but did not comment upon this. hei,” Eske greeted her, figuring that Trigedasleng’s word for “hello” and the Common’s was similar enough that she would not have to translate it.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Yay! Thank you! :D

The girl had not explored much. She helped the red woman with the rabbits but was then send back by the leader. Kendra was not one to disrespect the one in charge. She knew that if she would be without a pack she most likely would not survive out there. Kendra did this mostly for Xan. He had helped her after all and she couldn't let him down again.

Her pale eyes fell on another female, she seemed younger than that she was. Kendra felt less intimidated by her than the Heda. Perhaps she could become a friend. She managed to have Xan as her friend perhaps she could make more. Kendra was not really that socially. She liked her plants and loved talking about them. Others might have thought it was weird but seeing that she had been the alpha's daughter no one was ever disrespectful to her.

Most of her pride had fallen ever since she had been on her own. She had been so spoiled she could barely hunt and take care of herself. The female greeted her. "Hey," she greeted back awkwardly. She dipped her head a bit unsure what her rank was. She was pretty sure she would be reminded of her place if she showed the wrong stature for her actual rank.
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske could feel the awkward tension as if it were a palpable thing. The Gona took the liberty to inspect the outsider a bit more closely, her gaze skirting over the older girl (woman?) to asses though Eske kept her distance and did not move from the spot she had stopped at. Eske herself wasn’t an overly social creature and her distrust of outsiders only manifested that behavior but she supposed she probably should make some kind of an effort to include this outsider in something. It wasn’t really her fault that she was an outsider and as Eske had already deduced to herself sometimes Outsiders proved to be better members of Drageda than being born into the culture. Not always, mind but sometimes. Eske didn’t bother to ask if the outsider was new because the answer was blatantly obvious and to ask it would to insult both of their intelligences. Eske was quiet for a moment longer, her lips twitching slightly when the outsider offered her own greeting. “I’m Eske, a Gona.” She offered her name and title with a distinct air of pride. “I protect Drageda from outsiders, intercept those who would seek to join our ranks and enforce our borders,” She explained in the best way she could what a Gona was assuming that the outsider (whose name Eske) didn’t know.

“What skills have you brought to Drageda?” Eske inquired with a small bird-like cant of her head (reminiscent of her grandfather, Ragnar), her question general curiosity instead of an interrogation as she normally did. Though Eske wasn’t sure how one did kindness she supposed that sometimes everyone needed a little guidance and help and if the pretty outsider wanted it than Eske would be willing to offer it.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra perked her ears up when the other spoke again. She introduced herself. This was most convenient for Kendra as she knew how the proper response was to this all. Eske. Pretty name. She was not sure what 'Gona' meant but she just bobbed her head. The way she spoke told Kendra enough that it was a respectable rank. Then she continued to speak. What she was talking about sounded like a guardian to her. It was what her father used to be doing. Now Kendra could be mean and tell her that she wasn't there when she was joining but she didn't as the girl continued to ask about her skills.

"I'm very good with plants," she returned. "I have the knowledge to plant seeds and make plants grow from them. I can make dyes from plants too and can identify good plants from bad plants," she explained to the other. Her pale blue eyes glancing over her to see the reaction. Often there were two types, the one who admired and the one who didn't understand why plants were important. "I'm Kendra," she added. "Not sure what my rank is." She showed a tentative smile, realizing she never really had a girl around that was close to her age.
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Despite that Eske, quite frankly, found plants the most boring thing in the world (oops) she gave Kendra her rapt attention nevertheless. It was easy for Eske tell that Kendra throughly enjoyed them. There was a certain light to her eyes that Eske recognized from watching her mother as she spoke of her Gods and Valkyries. “It sounds like you’ll be a Skayona,” Eske murmured in contemplation, giving her tail a soft wag against her hocks. “Maybe you should speak with Portia, she’s a Fisa now but she was a Skayona,” Eske explained, trying to be helpful by pointing Kendra to someone that she knew she could share knowledge with. “It sounds like you already know a lot but you never know what you could teach one another.” Though Eske didn’t really think she needed a mentor for her skills as Gona she would never turn down pointers. She was suddenly reminded that it’d been some time since her last lesson with Wildfire but given current circumstances and the storm that raged outside hunting was pretty impossible. Plus, it wasn’t that hard to spot the frozen carcasses that basically rendered her hunting skills she'd learned useless at the moment.

“So what do you do with the dye you make? Could you do warpaint? Because that would be pretty badass.” Eske said with a soft laugh, wondering if she could substitute “war paint” until she earned her marks. “You’re what we call ‘Kru’,” Eske explained, offering a soft smile to Kendra that was a lot more genuine than she expected it to be. “The Kru have to proven themselves and their loyalty, usually by earning their first trade. You sound very skilled though,” Wow that had came out a lot more flirtatious than Eske had intended but ever the brazen, unapologetic warrior princess she did not falter nor stutter over herself. “so earning the Skayona rank shouldn’t be hard.” Though she barely knew her Eske had faith in Kendra (which was certainly saying a lot).
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra curiously listened to the female that gave her some valuable information. There was a female that was also skilled with plants. Portia! She knew that name it was the female that brought her to this cave. She would have to find the speckled girl to perhaps find a sparring partner for all the types of plants. She would be a Skayona? That was an interesting name. She would have to memorize that word. Kendra was a bit flattered that the other was complimenting her so. "I know Portia, she brought me to this cave," she explained.

She continued about war paint. Kendra nodded instantly, and rather enthusiastically. She could do that! "I can do warpaint," she returned. "In my previous pack they used paw prints. I however painted the tip of my tail every other week. There were a lot black wolves and I'd like to distinct myself. I switched between red and purple," she smiled, remembering that she wanted to pain her tail again. Now it seemed, plain. "I could definitely give you a some cool facial and body war paint. Though winter is not the season that provides lots of dye products," she admitted

Then the girl continued about her own rank. Kendra was becoming more talkative now she had some topics to talk about. "Thank you. My previous pack made sure there weren't any slackers. So I was used to just working on my trade all the time!," she explained. "I already have my naturalist trade and Botanist trade. Would they expect another trade from me?," she asked curiously. She wouldn't know what else she would do. She wanted to be a toxicologist which was part of being a naturalist. She wasn't sure about any other trade.
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
“Well, there you go! You have the advantage of knowing her already.” Eske wanted to say that she thought the moment Kendra let on to Portia that she liked plants too that the Fisa might possibly talk her ears off but didn’t because she didn’t feel that she knew Portia well enough for that. She’d only had actual interaction with her once, after all. “That’s awesome,” Eske breathed genuinely excited by the prospect of being made up in warpaint. Intimidation was a useful tool in both battle and handling outsiders and Eske wasn’t afraid to try new ways to give her an edge. She was young still and youth did not often lend way to intimidation. Which was rather unfortunate because Eske was really good at her perfected scowl and bitch-atude. There was something that bothered Eske about Kendra’s admittane that she liked to distinct herself, it spoke that she thought she looked just like every other black wolf out there. A frown tugged at the edges of her lips for a seconds. She wanted to say something, wanted to assure Kendra that she was plenty distinctive even without the paint but bit her tongue because she’d already awkwardly flirted enough without slamming the poor girl with that. Thus, Eske welcomed the switch of conversation back to trades content to follow the flow of it and let it take her where it would.

For a moment, Eske’s ears smoothed back to rest at half mast atop her skull as she contemplated Kendra’s question. “I can’t say for sure,” Eske hedged not wanting to accidentally step on the Commander’s toes by saying anything that she wasn't 100% confident she had right. “but I don’t think Heda will require more than one trade from you especially if only your naturalist trade interests you. I think the important thing is that you have a trade.” Eske responded, hoping that she provided an answer that would work until Kendra could get a chance to ask Thuringwethil personally.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra showed a hint of a smile to the other when she complimented her again. Kendra was quite oblivious to the flirting currently, she didn't really feel pretty with her malnourished body. And she never really had other affections from a female. However she did really like the female and that she was being nice. It coached her on to be nice to her in return. She explained her things, and it made her feel that if she didn't know a pack term she could ask her.

"You are welcome. When I find berries or plants I can take the color from I will let you know," she hummed, feeling more accepted already. The female continued about her rank and how she would need to prove herself. Perhaps her trade was enough to prove herself however Kendra was not very ambitious for a higher ranks. She was ambitious for information. "Thank you. It doesn't matter if your aren't right. I don't mind what rank I have, currently. I am just happy that I can eat and gain weight," she returned. She was aware that if they hadn't accepted her she would have died by now.
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
As Eske continued to flirt it dawned on her that Kendra didn’t seem to be …getting it; and that was ok! This was hardly enough to discourage Eske who had been blessed — or was it cursed? Haha — with her mother’s stubborn determination. She was not so easily discouraged and she was suddenly never so thankful for it. Would Kendra even think she was pretty? Eske couldn’t help but wonder vainly which was quite strange considering she’d never cared about how she looked or how anyone saw her before. She’d always had the mentality: she was too busy kicking ass to give a thought to how she appeared. Would Kendra even like her (when she did realize that Eske was fail flirting with her) or girls at all…like that? Eske wondered next, a slight frown tugging at the corners of her lips. Sexuality wasn’t anything Eske had ever pondered or strove to figure out on any sort of level. Until this moment she was pretty sure that she wasn’t attracted to anyone or anything (and had been pretty confident it would always remain that way). Eske was as confused as she was utterly intrigued and knew that unless her flirting made the other girl uncomfortable or otherwise unrequited she wasn’t about to give up.

Kendra’s words drew Eske from her silent musing and her tail gave a friendly wag against her hocks. “Thanks!” Eske said flashing a smile. If only spring would hurry up! “You’re a shoo in for Skayona, at least.” Eske said, though she admired Kendra for being content with “kru” because Eske herself could never be. Though she wasn’t sure she would ever be leadership material she was too ambitious and competitive to settle. The next rank she supposed she could go for was Cheka — Heda’s personal guard. It was the next goal and after that…well: she’d just have to see, she supposed. “I’m an aspiring hunter, what do you like to eat? I could bring you meals to help you gain your weight back?” It really wasn’t formed as question as it left Eske’s lips. It would help her towards her goal of the hunter co-rank plus it had the added boon of helping Kendra as well.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra had not really experienced love at all, or a crush. She had been going through enough other emotions, darker ones. Xan was a friend to her and the rest of her relationship were sort of shit. They would die or abandon her. She did not develop enough of a relationship in her eyes to ever love. When she loved she would only get hurt in the process, so along with her sometimes awkward stance she didn't feel like exploring much of it.

However, Eske was really friendly and enthusiastic. It was rubbing off on her. She liked that the other seemed so driven because she was like that too. She was surprised at the offer. "I wouldn't want you to hunt for me. They did that at my last pack resulting me in being spoiled and with no clue how to hunt. Hence why my conditions are so horrible. I wouldn't want to repeat the same mistakes," she admitted. "How about you teach me some hunting?"
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
When Kendra refused her offer to hunt for her, there was a slight pout to Eske’s lips though it did not linger long as Kendra explained why she didn’t want Eske to hunt for her. Apparently, her old pack had done it for her and she’d became spoiled. For a bitter moment Eske wondered what that was like (entirely unaware that there were probably plenty that would testify that she was spoiled), but knew that holding onto the things that made her feel bitter was probably toxic. It didn’t mean she was ever going to forgive and forget (because, lmao she wasn’t) but dwelling on it was only making her seem like an even bigger bitch. For a moment, she considered interjecting that Kendra definitely deserved to be spoiled in a tone that was far from angelic but as she thought that was laying it on too thick (and could possibly scare the poor girl away!) Eske refrained, keeping her comment to herself. But besides her flirty thoughts Eske did understand Kendra’s reasonings. As it was, the warrior princess’ eyes light up when Kendra suggested that she teach her out to hunt instead. Her ears perked atop the crown of her skull and her tail wagged against her hocks as she shifted her weight slightly, her impatience and frustration at being trapped in the caverns momentarily forgotten about. “I can teach you to hunt, yeah.” Eske accepted with a sly grin. If she wasn’t so selfish she might’ve directed Kendra to Wildfire for hunting lessons as Wildfire was the master huntress but as it was Eske was selfish and Kendra had suggested a way for them to spend more time together and Eske wasn’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
Kendra's tail gently started to sway in mirror of Eske, partially because Kendra thought she made a friend and was happy that she had someone to go to she felt comfortable with. The Heda of this pack made her a bit uneasy. Hence why Kendra was glad to have a girl that seemed to really like her. "Alright. Just don't expect too much from it because I don't really like hunting," she admitted, looking a bit sour at the prospect. She had never enjoyed it but being alone made her realize that she needed this skill.

"Thank you. I will try to do my best though," she added. Now Kendra was a bit more relaxed with social contacts she was far less awkward and inclined to talk more. She looked forward to the prospect of making war paint for the girl. That was something she was good at. "I hope spring will come soon," she whispered.
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske finds it a bit strange that Kendra does not like hunting; but she considers that perhaps Kendra is one of those wolves that does not find joy in killing. Eske can’t relate. It does not bother her to end the life of prey and she does not stop and consider anything other than it is prey and that she is hungry, or that she has an obligation to fill the pack caches. Still, she ponders Kendra’s words a bit further, letting out a soft hum of contemplation. “Well maybe you just didn’t have a good teacher,” Eske nearly purrs in a coquettish tone. “A good teacher can make anything interesting.” That was certainly true for Eske. For while she could not give two fucks about plants she was willing to learn from Kendra, or learn to impress Kendra because it was obviously something the other girl was passionate about and Eske realized that there wasn’t anything quite as beautiful as someone’s happiness. Happiness light up Kendra’s face, shallow as it was with malnutrition, in a way that stole Eske’s breath away; and though it was a bit foreign to the warrior princess she found that it was pleasant.

“I know, right?” Eske murmurs in a wistful sigh of agreement when Kendra states her wish that Spring would come soon. The idea of spending more time with Kendra to allow the other girl to paint her up was a huge appeal for Eske, admittedly. “but right now I would settle for just being able to leave this cavern. I hate being cooped up,” Eske admits a bit sheepishly with a soft pout. “it feels like a prison to me,” She admits, drawing her bottom lip betwixt her teeth before she offers Kendra what she hopes is a pretty smile. “but maybe it’ll be better now that we’re friends!” Because Eske was willing to look for any excuse to spend more time with Kendra even though she was going a bit stir crazy with the crazy storm outside.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
On the contrary of what Eske was thinking Kendra had no trouble with killing. Not even her own kind. She had tortured and maimed before. It was her dark side, the side she wanted to get away from. She wanted to hurt others for the wrong reasons, she realized that now. However, she could not deny it that it felt good to hurt others. It was that she liked it so much what scared her. The reason she didn't like running is because she never felt too much need to chase after a prey. Not very handy to have as a wolf. She was not much of a runner. "I don't like running," she admitted, hence why she could hunt the crabs in tide pools so well. Kendra was patient.

Kendra smiled when the other was also glad for spring, though mostly to get out. "I can imagine that a warrior like you wants to stretch your legs and practice." It reminded her of her brother that did nothing else but practice. Her dear twin brother. Kendra's heart ached for him. Hopefully he was together with her mother. "Yes, I think it will definitely be better," she agreed with Eske. "We could always go out for small trips through the snow." That seemed like a good idea. She didn't mind exploring the new territory.
Peculiar Little Thing
warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Being able to stretch her legs was part of her insane itch to get out of the cavern but it was not the main reason. Eske does not like confining spaces. They make her uncomfortable aside from entirely stir-crazy. She can’t wait to sleep outside among the stars once more, taste the freedom the vast and never-ending sky offered her. If she would have had a word for it she’d realized that she was claustrophobic, in part she has always been like this but her den caving in as she fled from it on Sleeping Dragon had certainly not made her fear of surrounding walls any better. “We can,” Eske agrees eagerly, willing to risk small jaunts outside of the cavern, though her ears slicked back to her skull as the dangers flagged themselves within her mind. “We can’t stay out long though, we might lose some toes otherwise,” Or worse though she does not think she has to be that specific. The littering of corpses is proof enough and she certainly doesn’t want anything bad to happen to Kendra.
[/td][/tr][/table]
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
434 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Botanist
[table width=80%][tr][td]
Kendra glanced at the other female. The corners of her mouth gently curving up in response to the female. ”Wouldn't that just make it more fun? she responded with a grin. She was just messing around really. She didn’t intend on losing any toes this season. However she had little regard for her own life before she joined this pack.

The little witch swayed her tail feeling better by the company. ”I am sure you will be able to go out soon. I however is the one that need to wait,” Kendra responded. After all she needed her body weight to be stronger, and her fat layer increased before she would be able to go out in the snows.

Fade here?

[/td][/tr][/table]
Peculiar Little Thing