Golden Glade What now?
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Set just outside Golden Glade, during/after the fight, babysitting thread for @Astik

Tapat shivered and huddled close to his brother. He was confused to where their parents where. He was so relieved that he at least had Astik but that didn't mean he was happy with this situation. He let out a whimper. "Where are they?," he whined softly and then looked at his big brother. Tapat was secretly relieved he hadn't forgotten them, that would be super bad if he did.

He did forget about Tambourine as their babysitter. Not that the wolf was very memorable but Tapat couldn't really help it. "What if they are hurt and can't come back?,' he pouted and started to whine harder. He his face in his brother's dark fur, tail sneaking up right between his legs. The weather wasn't really helping with making him feel better.
r o o k
37 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
[table width=85%][tr][td]
Astik pressed his nose gently to the side of his brother’s cheek when the pallid boy shivered closer to him. The cold didn’t bother him as much and for once the young shadow Larksong was glad for the pudge. Astik drew his tongue across his front paw, nibbling at an itch he had for a moment, his ear twitching towards his brother when he asked where their parents had gone. This was not the first time and Astik knew that it would not be the last time that his brother asked and that he answered: always the same. “They are fighting to take the Glade.” Astik replied with a rapidly learned patience that exceeded his years. He couldn’t find it in himself to be annoyed by Tapat though others did, after a time. His pallid brother had something wrong and couldn’t remember things and it wasn’t his fault. Somehow, this only made Astik’s bond with Tapat even stronger: as he served as protector: as guardian and guide. Tapat needed someone that he would always remember with him or else he would forget and that put him in a danger that Astik believed he needed to protect his pallid brother from.

Astik drew in a deep breath and let it out as he felt Tapat bury his face in his fur, his whines and concerns about their parents made Astik’s heart hurt for Tapat. He would only be assured by Astik’s words for so long: until he forgot and he would worry all over again. But that was what Astik was there for: perhaps this was always Raas’ plan for him: to serve as guardian and guide to his younger brother. But this second question Astik drew up short: how did he answer his brother that it would all be ok, that their parents would survive when he didn’t know if they would. “I’m sure they’ll be fine. If mom could take a bear by herself she can handle a few wolves.” As for their dad, Astik was sure that Reek would be just fine too. “We’ll be ok. I promise you, Tapat.” Astik said with sparked passion, a feverishness of confidence: he believed his words. Regardless of what happened they would be fine: as long as they had each other.
[/td][/tr][/table]
feed me to the wolves,
let them have my flesh. i am
something skin can’t hold.
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat had forgotten the whole story telling of Jhala fighting and how amazing she was at it. He wished he could remember anything that would assure him that they would be fine. Luckily he had his brother reminding him. Their parents were fighting. What was fighting again? It was being mad at someone, right? He didn't dare to ask. Maybe he had asked already. Astik and him were rather peaceful pups, they never fought which probably had to do with Astik's protective nature.

Tapat nodded but still stayed close to him. He didn't have much fat as his brother so he was rather cold. "Okay. So where are mommy and daddy?," he questioned. Astik just assured them they were fine but he forgot why they were fine. He lowered himself into the snow, snuggled close to his brother. "I'm cold," he whispered.
r o o k
37 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
There was a temporary moment of silence between them and Astik snuggled closer to Tapat, resting his head on his ebon paws, closing his eyes for a few seconds. It was only a few heartbeats before Tapat broke the silence asking the same question that Astik had just answered moments ago. This came as no surprise to Astik who peeked open an amber eye to stare at something absently in the distance. “They went to fight to take the Glade.” Astik informed his pallid brother as if this were the first time he’d been asked about the whereabouts of their parents instead of the twentieth. “Well come here then,” Astik invited Tapat to come closer, though the pallid boy didn’t seem to need the invitation when he snuggled against him. “I’m not a fatass for no reason.” Astik let out a high pitched, childish giggle as the word fatass spilled from betwixt his lips. Their mother called him that all the time but there was something undeniably funny about calling himself “fatass”; especially because he shouldn’t have been saying it since “ass” was a bad word.
[/td][/tr][/table]
feed me to the wolves,
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat let out a soft giggle at that too because technically his brother said a bad word. The boy stayed close to him which did offer him some warmth he was grateful for. Questioned popped into his mind. Why was his brother so much bigger and he wasn't? Why was he so forgetful. Then he wondered if he already asked something like that before. He just shut his mouth closed with all his questions for now.

However he did want to tell his brother something else. "I'm glad you are my brother,' he then spoke to him. He hoped that Astik would feel the same way of course even though he would forget things. He was also glad that Astik was still here and not gone wherever the hell his parents are at the moment.
r o o k
37 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
Hearing his brother giggle in response to the bad word Astik spoke (despite how often his mother says it to him all the time) made the potential trouble he could get into for saying it worth it — though the shadowed Larksong wasn’t sure how much attention their sitter was paying to them. As it was, Astik had done a good job of blocking his presence out (oops), focusing on his pallid brother because Tapat was his only true concern. There is a flutter of Astik’s breath when Tapat admitted that he was glad that he (astik) was his brother. It catches in his throat for a moment, a lump of emotion briefly constricting his windpipe as a warmth spreads through his chest that broadened as he grows. For a moment, Astik’s amber eyes glimpse down at his paws before he looks upon Tapat’s face offering a wide grin. “I’m glad you’re my brother too, Tapat.” He couldn’t imagine being anyone else’s big brother (and though he wasn’t a big brother to them he did have other siblings but he didn’t really acknowledge them in the same terms). Laurel had tried to kill Tapat and whatever affection Astik could have grown to have for his older sister had been snuffed out before it could be given oxygen to breathe and live. Tapat might forget over time but Astik wouldn’t and it would always be a chasm between them — a crime he could and would never forgive despite that she had not been successful. He leaned against his brother and made to offer him an affectionate nudge to his shoulder.
[/td][/tr][/table]
feed me to the wolves,
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat smiled when Astik told him that. It gave him a warm feeling all inside. It was much needed with this cold surrounding them. Tapat hummed softly. It was good for his confidence that his brother said that too him. He often didn't want to be a bother but now he knew that his brother liked him enough that he wasn't irritating. It swirled through his mind on repeat that his brother liked him as his brother. The boy kept smiling as his brother told him that. Perhaps this he would remember for once.

Tapat too was not attentive towards their babysitter. Tapat would just follow his brother, and since he was staying put, he was also staying. It was quite easy actually. Tapat closed his eyes, still smiling about his brother's words. This was the longest he had remembered something so small, maybe he would grow better over time! He at least hoped so.
r o o k
37 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
As Astik’s understanding of his brother’s condition deepened, as he becomes more able to grasp it and what it means and that his brother might always live with it so too does his worry deepen. Astik could not sympathize with Tapat: for while his brother forgot Astik did not. He did not know what it was like to forget things so quickly and be unable to recall them back to memory. For a moment, he wondered if it was …scary but then realized that even if Tapat felt fear of it he would likely not remember. He didn’t know anything else and if he didn’t remember what was there for him to fear? Astik drew in a deep breath, nuzzling closer to his pale brother — the yin to his literal yang — tucking those questions away knowing that he would likely never find the answer to them. All Astik knew was that for as long as Tapat needed him he would be right here: where he belongs. At his pale brother’s side; a patient guide, a fierce protector. The rook that protected the king. “Love you, Tapat.” Astik murmured lowly to his brother not wanting Tapat to ever forget that.
[/td][/tr][/table]
feed me to the wolves,
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat was calmed by his brother's presence and the questions of where their parents were hanging out faded. He was soothed enough by the presence of his brother. This only intensified when his brother told him he loved him. Tapat smiled. "I love you too," he responded, not really grasping the true meaning of the word love, but he could sense that his brother was serious about it. Plus Tapat definitely had a love for his brother.

He stayed close with the cold surrounding him. But now the questions stayed at bay now he was comforted well enough. His brother had done a good job as his protector so far.

Fade here? Let me know!
r o o k
37 Posts
Ooc — Torvi
sounds good! i'll go ahead & archive this! <3

Astik smiles softly to himself when he hears Tapat return he declaration of love. He does not doubt the pallid Larksong’s words but it is nice to hear all the same. A silence follows their words to one another but Astik feels it’s comfort. He is not bothered by it, rather, he adjusts his position only slightly, lifting his head from his paws for a moment to draw his tongue over a paw to sate an itch before his chin rests back against the too large, awkward things that he calls paws once more and closes his eyes, this time with the intent to let slumber take him over until their parents return. It strikes him, for the briefest of moments, that perhaps they might not despite that he assured Tapat that they would — but he banishes it as soon as the doubt appears. They will return he tells himself fiercely, fighting off the sliver of doubt. Eventually, Astik begins to drift off to sleep — how he will remain until Reek and Jhala return to them.
[/td][/tr][/table]
feed me to the wolves,