Ankyra Sound come to the window, sweet is the night air
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

it had taken the fire-painted girl a long while to find this place. she watched the beach from a distance, so different from the rocky cliffs that she had come to know. here was sand, a pale coloured earth that shifted and did not hold its place beneath her light steps. the waves lapped gently at the beach, complacent, and she watched the steady rhythm of the gentle waves with a kind of reverence. they tugged at the beach, drawing it into the sea, but pushed it back onto land again in an instant. twilight painted the sky in soft hues, of gold and purple and grey, and the air was still.

flaming gaze fell on something that tumbled across the surf. it glinted dully in the light, drawing her attention toward it. quickly, before the waves could pull the prize back into it's depth, she darted forward, clamping her jaws around it before the sea could tug it back. water, reeking of salt and brine, rose around her gangly limbs, and she pulled her maw from the surf, retreating to a safe distance befoe inspecting her prize. it was frosted with white, a smooth, almost translucent, milk-coloured piece of sea glass. very pleased with her catch, she clamped it between her jaws once more before moving toward the surf with curious gait, wondering if the sea would eject another gift for her.
did you hear the sun go down?
silent as a child I found
hiding in the midnight of my soul
I am ready now to let her go