Wild Berry Meadow Toxic Kiss, Delicious Fit ~Free Botanist/Toxicologist thread~
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Ashton had gone to the only place he knew had both a beautiful banquet of tastey little things, and a pupu platter of poisons in one spot ripe and easy for picking: Wild Berry Meadow. Now he knew he had to be quick, as he wanted to not stray too far from the den, let alone the Dera, resulting in a whole 'nother story he'd have to explain. What if there were more little bros and broette's to be had? He couldn't just be halfway across Teekon and come back, saying 'I had ta nab some berries', now could he?

Through the blooming pasture he roamed, his expertised eyes already picking out the goods and the bads in the meadow. Those plowers over there were the momma's of lingonberries, delicious little red plump things that would definitely help with near the same things that cranberries did, considerin' they were cuzzis, and all. They benifited against stomach cramps, nausea, and assisted in uninary issues. The lingonberries were also great as a laxitive if consumed in moderate quantities, and were full of vitamins that boosted an immune system through the roof. Childbirthing pains are also capable of being eased by these wonderful little red things.

Similarly, a nearby shrub that consisted of almost the same type of stem and leaf pattern stuck out like a sore digit to the wolf. These were Jerusalem Cherries, and after seeing a fox take a piece of one only to be found convulsing, then dead , he made a definitely note to not play with that one.

So many different thing were to be noted in this pasture of paradise and pain, and today was the day to do it.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —
And so she had returned. The minute female had encountered a trail of bad luck and fruitless endeavours, each shortcoming crumbling more and more of her drive and ambition. Once, when times were better, she had sought leadership. And she had had it, for a single day, before it had crumbled. Along the way, her goals had been set lower and lower, until all she now sought was stability. Stability, and something to give her nomadic life some sort of meaning besides wandering, sleeping and eating. 

it was a  meadow she stumbled into come midday, dimly recognising some of the varieties of plants present here. She was hungry, and tired limbs could not find it in them to seek food, and thus her gaze roved the meadow, searching for something that looked edible. Her gaze landed on roots, which looked like they ought to be, and she thought she remembered eating something like them in the past. she did not notice the male as she slunk towards the bush, hunger a razor's edge in her stomach, demanding release. she nosed the half exposed root, and the others beside it, contemplating just how safe these ought to be.
Oh, me and the Sun? We're cool. He's a chill dude, for the most part. Don't get on his nerves though; he gets pretty heated.
273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Ash was making note of the different berries when he had noticed someone else come to join in the famous pastures. Loping over quickly, Ash was opening his mouth to greet her, when he saw her sniffing one of the most contaminated-with-kill-ya plants that could have been here.

"Woah woah, slow ya role, baby doll, that's Oleander! That'll give ya more death than I think you'd be able ta handle. Diarrhea, erratic pulse, seizures, coma, and death are a thing with anything dealing with this bad boy. Try some of-"

He snatched up a spring of the cowberries he had been analyzing earlier.
"These. Patridgeberries, ligonberries, whatever. They're the bees-knees in flavorin' teas and everything you could ever need. Great vitamins, too."
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —

Deciding that these roots seemed right, and vaguely familiar, the girl closed her maw about one, setting on tugging it from the earth. no sooner had she begun the task, however, than she was assaulted with a maelstrom of words and the figure of a cream male that struck her immediately as being ever so hot, both figuratively and literally. but the words have her launch herself backwards from the plant as if stung, offering it a glare. " Nasty lil shit"  she hissed, realising the dude was still talking.  

"Slow down, Sun-Boy." she said, recovering quickly from his intrusion and the fact that she had been about to eat some snekky plants. She watched the plants he offered, a little shaken still but still hungry. "Not trying to poison me, are ya?"  she asked with a grin, moving forward to inpect the plants with a grin that signalled her mirth.

273 Posts
Ooc — Xandir or just X
Ashton chuckled at the askin' his lips curling up in a herpity derpity lopsided grin. He would never mean to poison a fellow wolf, especially if they weren't trying to down him, none. He was a good dude, and would only give 'kill emz' id it was a Pack Leader order. Too cheery of a dearie for that one, nuh uhn.

"Aw nah, toots. I wouldn't try and off ya, at all, let alone with somethin' ya don't know about. I'm too chill ta kill anyone."

He winked an emerald at the ambers of the multicolored babe for emphasis.

"Those are sparkin' good though, so if ya don't want any, or ya just wanna make sure ya don't do a dead, I'll eat em for ya just ta slip you up one."

It wasn't a challenge. If anything, it could be considered brave to any other doggo that didn't know what they were getting into, but he knew his plants well enough, so it wasn't bravery; he was just being reassuring to her.

He was still laughing at the comment she snaked at them roots, doe. Just in his head.
ʜᴇʟʟғɪʀᴇ
245 Posts
Ooc —

a grin was offered as the male informed her that he was not, in fact, attempting to murder anyone. a remark moved to the tip of her tongue, but he replied with something that she took as a challenge. she darted forward and snatched the berries, paletting them with no expectations that they should amount to anything. 

" damn- thees are lwike- good" she mumbled appreciatively around the maw full of berries, unease gone. besides, how could something this good kill you?