Redhawk Caldera Missing!
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
All Welcome 
Sebastian was worried. He stood on the highest point of the Caldera looking out over the landscape. He let out a long howl for his mate and for his daughter. He hadn't seen Nova in a long time, but he hadn't seen @Pearl either. Even though, he wanted Nova to let her do her own thing and exploring the world like his other children, the absence of Pearl worried him.

Another long howl echoed from the male, though he doubted that they would be in hearing distance. Sebastian didn't want to make Benjamin or Ivy worried about their mother's absence but it was unlikely they hadn't noticed her absence either. Maybe this move was a bad idea. Perhaps, Pearl didn't want to move to the Caldera? Would she be at BAF? Sebastian made his way down towards the border. Perhaps Lake Rodney could carry his howl further...?
241 Posts
Ooc —
At first on her way toward the rendevous, Andalusia redirected her course at the distress in Sebastian's howl, and turned to plow through the teeming shrubbery of the volcanic slope. The call had not been for her, but the Ostrega had noticed the absence of both Nova and Pearl, and the idea of both being gone without warning or word unsettled her. So how much more Sebastian?

She caught the play of his scent on the air, and she pursued until the flash of greyscale shifted between the forest greens. Andalusia wove her path on careful paws and alerted her approach with a chuff before slipping into step beside him. "Sebastian," she said, and eyed her friend with a questioning glance. "Are you going to look for them?"
Trades
[Image: outrider.gif] 0/5
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Andalusia caught up with him. Sebastian was grateful to see her. He instantly nodded at the female. "Yes, I want look for them. I also want to look for Mato. I might just try to look for all three of them," he spoke. But the father sounded extremely upset saying that. Where did Pearl go? She would never leave him, right? Did something happen with Nova and her? He would never forgive himself if something happened to them.

He continued towards the border. "Do you know if they went somewhere?," he asked curiously. Maybe Andalusia knew something he didn't. He liked to think Pearl would tell him everything but maybe that was too naive to think.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Despite his conviction, Andalusia heard the strain in Sebastian's voice, and her lips faltered to a frown. She could only guess at what ran through his head - the worry, the fear, perhaps even the guilt. As soon as these assumptions came upon her, Andalusia pushed them away, along with the place they threatened to take her.

She sensed hope in her friend's question, but the Ostrega could only shake her head. "No. I thought you would." And, though the words felt trite, "I'm sorry." Her heart did ache for him, and, looking at Sebastian now, she couldn't help but wonder - was this how he had felt? Dark fur flashed in her mind's eye. Andalusia tried to whisk these thoughts away, too, but they remained a ghosted and whispering echo, and a bitter taste on her tongue.

Yet whatever regret lingered within, this was not Sebastian's problem, nor the Ostrega's present concern. Wolves came and went for differing reasons, and perhaps at one time Andalusia would have told him to let his mate and children be. But the years had changed her, and she continued alongside him, heart set in her own resolve. "If you're going to look, I'm coming with you."
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian let out a soft sigh in reply to her answer. It wasn't the answer he wanted to hear. Yet, at least it was an honest answer. The gray male was glad that she offered to search along with him. He could use some moral support. "Thank you," he spoke, sounding grateful. He was a pack wolf at heart, and searching alone for his family would be tough on him. Sebastian was perhaps one of the most family-orientated males. He would do anything for his family and wanted to be a good father and mate. He didn't know where it went wrong.

"Perhaps we should look at Broken Antler Fen first," he spoke to her with a firm nod. Maybe they were homesick, plus it would give Sebastian an opportunity to see what had become of their territory. Perhaps, the sickness was gone. It could also be the other way around. Maybe their lands were worse than before. Sebastian let out a long sigh. He howled to @Elwood that they would be gone to search. He would also start his search for Mato and Liffey.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
When Sebastian's call sounded, Elwood interpreted that the male was simply letting him know that he was departing to search for his son. But rather than simply send up a howl of his own, he decided to see his friend off in person. He would wish him well on his expedition, and perhaps glean a bit more information about where he planned to travel and how long he would be gone.

The sound of Sebastian's voice had come from the caldera's scooped peak, so Elwood deftly made his way up one of the many well-worn paths. He was panting lightly when he arrived, and he offered a breathless chuff as he approached his two packmates. Looking to Sebastian, he said, "You're starting your search?" He hadn't forgotten Sebastian's promise to look for Liffey, too, but he didn't yet realize that there were other wolves he would now be seeking.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Andalusia passed a short nod to Sebastian, to acknowledge his thanks and to show her compliance to their proposed beginning. The Fen was a logical choice - a familiar ground for both the missing wolves. Nova hadn't been particularly discreet in expressing her morose over leaving the poisoned land, and perhaps she had returned - and if Pearl had noticed her absence first, perhaps she had gone in search of her. Yet the hope settled funny in the Ostrega. She could reconcile Nova's unannounced leave of the Caldera with her naivety and youth, but Pearl was grown and strong of mind - unless her daughter's disappearance had taken her reason from her, too.

Everything was speculation, and she was glad for Elwood's arrival. His question drew her back to the reality at hand, and the information they knew, and, though he aimed his question at Sebastian, Andalusia offered a confirming nod. Yet his words rested uneasy upon her and she frowned. "Hold up, I'm confused." The Ostrega's brow pinched and she shot a glance between the two men. "How long have you known they've been missing?" And how long had they known the action to take, and hadn't?
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian greeted their leader with a soft chuff. He nodded in reply to the male. "Yes, we will," he spoke. However, then Andalusia needed some clarification. Sebastian cleared his throat before speaking. "Well, now we are looking at Pearl and Nova first. But, I also wanted to look for Mato and the pack he joined. He doesn't know we left. I talked with Elwood about Mato, as it turns out his daughter also joined the youth pack Mato joined. So, I thought if we would first look at Broken Antler we can also look for Mato and Liffey," he explained to Andalusia.

For Pearl and Nova it was only recently they were missing. But Mato and Liffey weren't really missing. He knew they were in a pack and safe. With the first two, he wasn't even sure they were safe. Hopefully, he explained it well to Andalusia. He decided to clarify it instead. "So with Pearl and Nova who are recently lost their location is unknown. But with Liffey and Mato we at least know they are safe in a pack somewhere. I'd first like to look for Pearl and Nova at Broken Antler."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
There was some brief confusion between the three wolves, but Sebastian quickly cleared it up. He explained to Andalusia and Elwood that their search party had grown, and the matter had become more pressing because the missing wolves had disappeared without warning. He didn't know Pearl and Nova well, but he was concerned to hear that they had left their family behind so abruptly.

Sebastian seemed to be reasonably confident that there was a chance they could be found at Broken Antler Fen, and Elwood nodded. It sounded like a good place to start looking; he was glad that Sebastian had a plan. "You have my blessing, of course," he said. "I hope you find them. Andalusia is going with you?" he asked, shifting his gaze to the she-wolf.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Ah. The clarity Sebastian offered put her on solid ground again, and Andalusia tipped her head with a slow and repeated nod. A sense of relief came with knowing the exchange between the two men had nothing to do with delayed action on Pearl and Nova's absence, but everything to do with tracking down loved ones whose safety was more or less assured. Still, there remained the question of where Sebastian's family had gone, and her ears inclined at Elwood's voice, and she turned to him.

Of course she would go with Sebastian - but instead of speaking thus, she dipped her head to his authority, and gave the final say to him. "I am inclined to, but only if your blessing to go falls on me, too."
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was pleased that their misunderstanding was solved. He was glad for the help of Andalusia. They had traveled together before. He was glad to have her around. The gray male looked at Elwood. He did expect a blessing for the male, but it could be that they needed the medic. He would understand if he would have to go alone. "If I could choose I would like to have her by my side. But I understand if you can't have two of us leaving,"he spoke in reply to the alpha.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Politely, Andalusia expressed her desire to accompany Sebastian, as long as it met with their Alpha's approval. Elwood saw no reason to deny this request; in fact, he preferred that Sebastian have a companion. If he remembered correctly, Sebastian had originally planned to go looking for Mato with his daughter Nova -- but now Nova was one of the missing wolves, as well. The situation had changed, but Elwood still understood Sebastian's concern; the Blackthorn was no stranger to losing family members.

He nodded. "Of course she can go with you. Be safe. How long do you plan to be gone?" he asked, then added, "Just so I have a general time frame to keep in mind." If Sebastian and Andalusia were gone much longer than anticipated, he would know that it was his turn to worry. The last thing he wanted was for any more of his wolves to disappear without a trace.
241 Posts
Ooc —
Despite the soberity that ushered their need to travel, Andalusia's eyes brightened at Elwood approval, and she felt a flutter of excitement light her chest. If only the circumstances had been better - but her paws itched to get beyond the Caldera nonetheless, and even better for a purpose.

Since she had been the one to drop in on Sebastian's plan, she didn't know the answer to Elwood's inquiry, and she turned curious eyes on her traveling companion. The Fen for sure would take them at least two days of travel, if not more, given the nature of their expedition. And if they planned to route their way to other lands on top of that... Andalusia wondered if the small scent of the Caldera she had started to bear would even be on her once they returned.
Trades
The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian looked at Andalusia and then at Elwood. "I think a month at least," he admitted. "Especially if we also have to locate a pack where the location is unknown," he added. He hoped that Elwood would agree with it. But at least he could come back with some more information if he took some extra time. He just prayed that Pearl would come home safe. He didn't know what he would do without her.
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood bobbed his head again as Sebastian answered his question. A month was a long time, but he understood his friend's need to find his family. He related with it on a personal level, so there was no reason for him to turn Sebastian down or to try to modify his plans. If a month was what he needed, then that was what Elwood would grant him.

"Okay. Like I said, be safe. I wish you both the best of luck," he said earnestly, looking from Sebastian to Andalusia. With that, he dropped his chin slightly in a nonverbal gesture of farewell, then turned to take his leave. He didn't want to hold them up if they needed to begin preparing for their ventures right away.
241 Posts
Ooc —
A month - a sizeable thing to ask for, and generous for Elwood to give. The weight of his trust settled on her, but she knew Sebastian would waste none of the time given them. And clearly, their leader trusted the same.

The Ostrega returned Elwood's well wishes with a low dip of her head, and a simple, "Thank you." Only when he turned to take his leave did Andalusia look to Sebastian, and, craning her head sideways, offered a nudge to the plume of his neck with the side of her nose. Not for any gain of her own, but for his encouragement, to remind her friend they were in this whole mess together. For better or worse, that was one thing the Ostrega would make sure he never forgot.
Trades