Hideaway Strath I can help!
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat was more familiar with the lands he lived in. He made sure not to cross the borders. Somehow he remembered that he lost his parents. Though, it pained the pale explorer. He loved to discover new things, which was often for the boy with short-term memory loss. But he had a tendency to get lost, and he cared more for his family than this exploring he enjoyed.

Much of the territory still stayed a mystery to him. The pup did feel a bit useless. He would be an adult soon, even though his childish mindset often showed otherwise. Perhaps there was someone in the pack that needed his help, or needed company. Tapat sounded a howl to let the others know he was available for help.
you ain't seen nothing like me yet
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock heard Tapat's howl and turned direction, turning from her cache to go investigate the boy's summons. He hadn't sounded upset or hurt, and that made her relieved, but still she wondered how he was settling in with his family in their new home. She'd meant to approach him but the children seemed to take up most of her attention, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing - still. She felt she'd neglected the boy in some ways. When she was closer she let out a low bark, tail wagging a few times in a friendly way. 

"And what are you up to, little lost boy?" She asked with a fond smile; her tease hopefully wouldn't upset him. In some ways Hemlock was reaching a new level of comfort, some of her personality from before the winter's hardships coming back to her and shining again. She hadn't always been so serious, and now that life had settled somewhat in the Strath, she was feeling more adjusted and more like herself.

available for naturalist and medical threads just tag her!
i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

[Image: naturalist_master.gif] 12/20
193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat's call was answered, but not remembered by the boy. When he saw the red woman he thought she just crossed his path, seeing that he had forgotten that he howled for companionship. The soon-to-be adult wagged his tail and let out a yip in greeting. He had frequented himself enough with the red woman's scent that he knew her. Only her name never stuck. She would just be the red woman for him. Tapat knew she was sweet, which he found more important.

"Hi," he greeted. Then it was followed by a pause. "Uuhhh," he spoke out loud. He was clearly trying to remember but clearly, he couldn't. His ears flopped to the side and dipped his head submissively. "I can't remember," he admitted with a light frown. He was a bit disappointed in himself that he kept forgetting. So the youthful pup moved to her for comfort, licking his lips in submission.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock only chuckled when Tapat squirmed a bit, clearly searching for her name. It wasn't unkind and she offered him a little bump of her head against his shoulder. "Hemlock." She said smoothly. "Would you like to join me while I look for some herbs?" She asked, tilting her head a bit as she nodded towards the sweep, hoping to expand some of her own reserves by gathering different types of herbs and their seeds. 

"It is alright if you do not want to go with me, I promise, I will not be upset."  She said with an encouraging smile. Maybe he was feeling cooped up, she couldn't recall crossing his pathway headed outside of their home after all. 

i grew a human and unfortunately as a horrible side effect lost an organ - as such will be slow from time to time.

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat slowly wagged his tail. Right, Hemlock! Still, he would later see her as the red woman again. He felt better because of the nudge. She offered him to join her. Tapat liked that idea. He was fond of helping. He let out an excitable yip in response. "Yeah! I want to help," he spoke with a smile. Tapat was a very friendly natured wolf. He tried to help or comfort when he could.

He shook his head. "I like to help. I want to help the pack now I am big," he assured. Though, he knew he would never be as large as his brother. He didn't mind, only because his brother had always been supportive of him. Currently, Tapat was really searching for his role within this pack.

391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

"We have many things we need done for the pack," Hemlock hummed out, heading towards the borders once she was certain that Tapat was following behind her. "You know......you have a good personality for a caregiver or a councilor." Hemlock wondered if he had considered a role that he fit into in the pack. He was upbeat, even when he was flustered it only lasted for a few moments and then he was up up up! again. "They help watch the puppies, help keep spirits high; it would be perfect for you I think." Hemlock hummed out. It wasn't as if she was his family and giving him direction might be seen as overstepping her boundaries but from what she had seen of Tapat she still had formed her own opinions. 

Now that the children were getting older they could use more of the pack's influences too, and not just the quartet of adults that had so far been the primary figures in their lives. She wouldn't miss being so involved with the children but she would love to see the effect that others might have on them and their blossoming personalities. "Today, would you help me by carrying my herbs while we find them? Some can make you feel funny if you mess with them - so I will make sure we only gather the good ones." Hemlock wouldn't let any make him sick, after all, what kind of reward would that be for his hard work?

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat listened carefully. He wanted to remember this all because it sounded like it was important for him to know. Caregiver? Counselor? That sounded interesting. He tipped his head a bit and nodded more seriously. "But. How can I do those things if I keep forgetting?,"he asked curiously. Perhaps, Hemlock told him this because he was already doing some caregiving while not even realizing it. "I do like to play!," he spoke in reply when she said that he would need to watch the young ones. But, would he be responsible enough?

Tapat followed her like a shadow, it was what he was good at. He was used to following his brother and parents. He would always be more of a follower than a leader. "Alright!," he agreed. By now he had forgotten the part about the counselor and caregiver. It would need to be repeated often so it would settle in his long-term memory. "How do you know the good plants from the bad ones?," he asked curiously.

391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist

Hemlock offered him a kind smile, understanding his fears. It would be harder but certainly not impossible. "You are a special boy." Hemlock said simply. "And other wolves? They aren't as happy, as strong as you - they might be too scared to go after the things they want." She knew that Tapat could do so many wonderful things it might just take more work from him. Work that she, and many of the other adults, would be happy to help him with.

As they walked she mulled over his question, "Puppies need adults who will play with them to help them learn how to behave in the pack. Our games are important - from tag, so they learn to track, to hiding treats to find so they know how to follow scents to track, to learning how to wrestle and spar." Hemlock explained. "Puppysitters also help the parents by keeping an eye on the puppies - its so easy for them to get into trouble." Of course they rarely left all five alone with one person, they were a handful even when they were just sleeping. 

His other question was one that made her smile, watching him for a moment as they walked. "I have learned for a very, very long time. My family are all botanists - people who know plants. I am also a medic, so I know how to use the plants to heal." She said. When they came upon some tansy Hemlock leaned down to smell it. "This will help with coughs, keeping some around would be good for summer colds or irritated throats."

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
I love Hemlock so much! <3

Tapat's eyes beamed when she called him special. His parents also called him that, but then it was just harder to believe because well, they were his parents. They were supposed to say nice things to him. But Hemlock didn't have to. She could be mean to him, he would probably forget it in the end. However, she was the opposite. She was kind and supportive. His tail wagged. "I will try my best!," he assured her, mulling over it in his mind that he was special. He felt special now.

His mind snapped away from it when she started to explain about pups and what needed to be done to help them grow up. Had his parents done these games with him? Tapat forgot they were talking about his own trades and instantly suggested. "I can help with that! I can play!" For the male it didn't ring a bell that they were actually talking about what he could help with. He smiled. "Maybe I should do pupsitting!," he added.

Then Hemlock changed the topic to plants, which he also forgot he asked about. His tail wagged as she explained. Plants sounded too complicated for him. He was more than happy to watch. She approached a plant and told him more about it. "Wow," he sounded impressed. "I didn't know plants could help with feeling bad," he added, still amazed.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
<3 <3 <3 you are too sweet

Hemlock thought he could do it. The work would have to be done but he was a determined boy and Hemlock felt like he could attain anything he truly wanted to. She smiled as he said he could play again, giving a reassuring smile. "I think you're right," She mused fondly, after all, Sirius had enjoyed having him around and she hadn't heard anyone complain about him. He had an enthusiasm that was infectious, surely he would succeed at helping keep spirits high. Little did she know how they would need that soon...

Hemlock chuckled when he was surprised by the fact that plants could do so much. "They help with all kinds of things. Sickness, injuries, even to help you get stronger." Hemlock knew plants for memory too, but, she didn't want to get his hopes up on a miracle curl. It wasn't how things worked. She could imagine that it might make things easier for him but she wouldn't ask if he wanted to try them before speaking with his parents - even if he would be joining the adults in mere days in the rankings. 

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
OMG, I would totally be okay with Hemlock secretly giving him plants to help with his memory and boost his confidence haha

Tapat didn't know he was that much appreciated by the other youngsters. They should really tell him one day. Not that he would remember it. Perhaps, it was not needed for Tapat to hear. The younger stepped closer to the plant that Hemlock found. He sniffed it, but to him, it just smelled like a plant. Nothing specific. It was more the work of a professional that could separate the different scents. Like a wine taster being able to taste the difference.

Tapat carefully grabbed the plant and then looked at Hemlock that he was ready to follow her again. The only tough thing about this job was that he couldn't really ask questions if he had any. Still, the pup was very dutiful and would carry out his task if he wouldn't forget. But following the red woman was pretty manageable even for him.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
I can totally do that!

Hemlock smiled at him when he dutifully scooped up the plant, weaving them between the trees as they walked. "You know, some herbs are good to take daily. They can help with uncomfortable joints, or just to keep your immunity up. Maybe I can bring you some and see how you like them." She offered - although it might be overstepping to not discuss matters first but he was growing and maybe, just maybe, it would help him. 

"It's always been quiet work and botany is something you can do with someone, or without." Hemlock had always been happy in her work that way, and maybe if they found the thing that Tapat felt comfortable with he could do the same thing. "When we get back, would you maybe like to entertain Sirius for me while I store my herbs?" She asked - they had gotten on well enough she thought and it might be a good chance for Tapat to see if he was happy with the idea of being a puppy sitter. 

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Tapat listened to her calm voice. He liked listening to it and almost zoned out a bit. However, he caught himself when he did and put his best focus back in place. "Owayy!!," he spoke, which sounded muffled with the plants stuck between his teeth. He never really ate plants before but maybe he liked to eat them. He sometimes would eat berries, but only after he let his mommy check it.

Tapat tipped his head at her question. Entertain Sirius? He could do that! He enthusiastically nodded. He loved to help Hemlock. His tail raised a bit up, not out of dominance but out of pride. The young male smiled around the plants in his mouth, automatically following Hemlock.
391 Posts
Ooc — Sonia
Botanist
I'd love a new one, more recent if you'd be up for it? if you wanna archive this with your next, I can start a new one with Hems bringing him some herbs? 

Hemlock was pleased with Tapat's energy as ever, how open he was and how eager he was. She smiled and leaned up to press a little kiss between his eyes as he was obviously distracted. He couldn't speak properly with his mouth full and so she took advantage of the moment. "How about we head back after getting a few more then, and we'll see what Sirius has been up to." She said with a little smile as they continued along their way. 

They'd gathered a good number of herbs and already Hemlock had a plan for what she'd do to help the boy. With any luck it wouldn't take too much effort to make things better for him - and if anyone deserved it, Tapat did.

193 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Totally I'd love a new thread!! :D

Tapat nodded with all the herbs in his mouth. He liked helping Hemlock as it gave him the feeling he was worth something. He also felt he felt less likely to forget things around her because she told him what to do. His tail was wagging. The pallid boy followed her and did as she was told until they reached Sirius and was allowed to play with him. Over all, it had been an extremely fun day.

- end-