138 Posts
Ooc — mini
All Welcome 
AW
word of the day: sorta
vertigo - mini mansions

Cloud-watching had been fun.
Well sorta.

It had at least managed to take his mind off the encounter with that other girl in the berry meadow.
That had been freaky.
Well sorta. 

Now Remi was trying to hunt.
Wel sorta.
He wasn't really making much of an effort so it wasn't a real surprise that the rabbit he had slowly and not so stealthily going after had vanished into the bushes before Remi could launch himself forward. He cussed under his breath at the lost opportunity. Though he wasn't particularly hungry at the moment he knew he had to get something in his stomach (and something to munch and bite on) before he got hangry.

With a huff, and finding himself back at square one, he lowered his head and tried to find another critter's trail to follow. He began to wander around the forest, with his nose glued to the ground when suddenly a bird's screech made him jerk and sidestep into a perfect trap.
A thorny bush.

"FUCK" he called out, pulling his paw from the ground, shaking it a bit and then bringing it up to his face for inspection.
It didn't look too bad.
Well sorta. 
we are all dust and shadows.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Wandering wasn't particularly Genie's thing, you see. Healing was, being a medic was, learning was, but wandering? She hadn't done much of it since she was a little pup, because as she grew up, her curiousity went more towards the direction of learning and herbs than it had towards her surroundings, which wasn't really a bad thing as she had saved some lives. Wandering, to her, was an acquired taste, and right now, she was trying to acquire it, but it appeared that to do so, she would have to overcome her hatred for aching muscles, lonliness and pain. 

It appeared to her that that wasn't happening anytime soon.

But wandering was still fun. Genie liked going new places and meeting new people. Except she seemed to be going new places, and meeting no one. Okay, meeting new people wasn't really high on her list, but she had been alone for some time now and could use a little company.

She just hadn't expected her new company to come in the form of a cussing male wolf with real pretty eyes. No, like, really pretty eyes. Like, gorgeous eyes. What could she say? Genie was a sucker for pretty eyes. 

It soon appeared to her that the reason for the cussing was a thorny bush. She would've laughed if she was afraid of hurting the male's pride. Males' were weird, and so was their so-called-masculinity, but she could deal with that. "Hey, um, are you okay?" Genie called out, padding closer to the other wolf. A shadow of a smile danced across her lips - yeah, okay, it was hard not to at least smile at the sight in front of her.
If you feel like you’re going to crash then accelerate more, you idiot
No matter how thorny the road is, run

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
omfgggggggg ive been stalking genie and adoring her from afar !
thanks for joining

Though the pain that began to shoot up his paw was not as bad, thinking he was alone, Remi was not shy or above being a little theatrical. He'd always been one to joke around, especially when he was paired with his siblings - Rilke particularly. With his face contorted into a grimace and his paw turning so he could inspect the injury in all different angles, the pale Ostrega let out some more 'f-words' slip from his lips as murmurs.

Somehow cursing made pain more manageable.
And somehow he had failed to realize he was not alone before making a display of his seemingly unrefined vocabulary. With a shocked jolt, he turned himself towards the voice, a beautiful chocolate kissed female with bright, gorgeous eyes.
Yeah, Remi was too a sucker for eyes.

In an instant, his whole expression changed - he was no longer a poor injured soul but simply a guy that had managed to wipe all traces of a pained grimace from his face. "me? oh yeah, i just got a thorn in my paw" he barked, his injured paw raising towards her so she could see. He turned it towards himself once more, putting it closer to his face , his narrowed eyes trying to pin point where it was so he could attempt to take it out. "its there somewhere...." he mused, his eyes still searching, there was already a bit of swelling but no sign of the thorn - which was more worrisome than it was relieving.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
aww thank you <3
The boy hadn't noticed her yet, and so she contented herself with watching. He had a pretty face as well, Genie observed silently. A pretty face to match those pretty eyes.....and a not so pretty mouth. He had a dirty mouth. And a very extensive vocabulary that appeared to mostly consist of profanities. Genie couldn't help the smirk that danced on her lips. What? It was funny.

When she spoke, he turned to look at her with a startled jump, and just as she'd expected him to do so, his expression shifted from grimacing pain to something resembling indifference. Yeah. To protect his masculinity? From her? Genie didn't really understand. After all, she didn't really care if they were 'strong' or 'badass' or whatever. Really. Not that she'd like a snivelling coward, of course, but well, you get her point.

Genie thought he seemed friendly enough and padded closer, trying to get a better look at his paw. "I can help, if you want," she offered, smiling softly. "I'm an aspiring medic." Provided that the thorn had actually entered the other wolf's paw and stuck. There was always the chance that the thorn had just poked him a bit, and hadn't stayed. That would be funny. For her, not him.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Oh, the thorn was definitely stuck inside the Ostrega's paw pad.
This was quickly confirmed as, after failing to see anything and giving his paw another quick shake, Remi stupidly (emphasis on that please) tried to put it down on the ground as if nothing had happened. As soon as it touched the ground and some weight was put onto it he had to pull it back up with a "ah! fffu-" he cut himself off, letting the remaining syllables become a whine instead.

"alright...yeah i need help" he barked, his ears flattening momentarily in embarrassment before pricking again to face her. His dad was probably rolling on the floor cringing now. "thanks" he added after a hearbeat, his lifted paw moving away from his chest towards her so she could see. 
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie watched, almost amused when the male attempted to shake it off and walk on it. He wrenched his paw back almost immediately, another profanity ready on his tongue. She laughed softly, then shot him an apologetic look and a smile. "Sorry," she said, not really feeling sorry at all. "Don't worry about it," Genie reassured the male gently, "I've seen more embarassing things in my life, not that yours was embarassing, but, you know," she appeared to be making things worse. She decided to shut up.

"No problem," Genie murmured distantly as she inspected his paw, reaching up to prod the swollen part gently. Yes, it was in deep. In fact, it was in very deep. It was going to hurt a lot, and it was also going to take some time. Genie sighed. "It's in deep, and it's going to hurt a lot, but you'll do fine." 

Genie could see the tip of the thorn now and hesitantly reached forward, tugging at it gently. Amber eyes flicker up at his face, searching for any sign of particular discomfort. "Sorry," she mumbled.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
*is a wimp lol*
Remi tried his best not to look bothered by the pretty female's remark.
Of course he knew it was fucking embarrassing! And though he was still silently cursing (himself mostly) in his mind all his exterior showed was what could only be described as a forced smile. Then, once the talk about his completely ridiculous display was over, he allowed his lips to relax while his eyes settled on this mysterious saviour's face.
He thought of Berry- Saor.
Why was it that he was always getting saved by pretty, young girls?
Not that he was complaining though. 

He wasn't complainig until the female warned him that what would come next would hurt. She didn't even spare adding 'a lot' to the description. Well fuck. With his eyes slightly narrowed and a low grumble of protest he made clear that he wasn't liking her prognosis. However, she said he'd be fine and so Remi forced himself to relax. He believed her, what else could he do?

She reached for his paw and inmediately after her lips and teeth made contact with the swollen flesh of his pad the creamy Ostrega winced. "ummmmph" he moaned, his own teeth closing over the tip of his tongue to avoid more sounds (or profanities) to spill from his mouth. "t's ok" he lied, feeling that despite the initial wave of pain whatever she was doing was slightly alliviating the discomfort.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie, naturally, ignored his grumble. She'd dealt with a lot of patients in her life, and every single one of them had moaned and grumbled and protested, some of them screamed. There had been worse cases than this boy, and she'd done well on all of them, so the yearling was pretty sure that this would be over rather quickly. Hopefully. Some patients were worse than others. Genie only hoped that he wasn't one of them. He was too pretty to be a wimp. Hopefully.

Genie fought back a smile at his pain. It wasn't what it sounded like. She thought he was cute, even when he seemed as if he was dying. Deciding that perhaps, this time, she wouldn't prolong the pain too much, she concentrated on the matter at hand, rather than the person. Genie could see the thorn a bit more clearly now. Her eyes narrowed in concentration and carefully, she tugged at it. That probably hurt a lot. 

Genie decided not to spare the patient a glance. It might soften her resolve. Instead, she blinked, then with a certain sort of practiced ease, pulled the entire thorn out. 

The chocolate furred fae straightened, spat the thorn out on the ground and flashed the boy a small smile. "Don't worry," she said, as if hoping to restore some of the masculinity that the handsome wolf might have thought he'd lost. He hadn't, not really, but she bet he thought he did. "I think you're cute," Genie reassured, with something like a shy smile adorning her lips.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
not so secretly begins shipping mounie (mouse x genie lol)

Without even looking at him, the gorgeous brown girl kept working on his paw and Remi swallowed another wave of ummmpfhs and aghhhs with a big gulp! He didn't want to seem as a cry baby plus,she seemed to know what she was doing, although Remi wouldn't really be one to know because when it came to healing and stuff of the sort, the creamy Ostrega was a complete self-declared ignorant. Yet he trusted her to keep her promise and make him be fine again. Why would she claim to be an aspiring medic if she wasn't? Though Remi was not as oblivious to think than other didn't lie (because he did so too) it didn't occur to him that the girl could be lying.
Oh, and she wasn't lying - it did hurt a lot.

Finally she managed to fish out the thorn, and with another wince and an uncontainable pained "hmmmmmmmph" he pulled his paw back to his chest, not without giving it a quick shake and a soft lick first. Slowly, the pain began to ebb away, though it was likely he'd still have some discomfort, specially when placing his paw back on the ground, Remi felt undeniably better already. The feeling only increased when she again told him not to worry.

A smile began to draw itself across his lips, he was about to thank her again but his mouth gaped soundlesslywhen she kept talking. cute? him? "ha! you were reading my mind" he barked, not knowing how much more amusing his comment would be if he knew the sort of magic touch her name suggested. "i thought the same of you" he added, not knowing where did this suave answer came from but thanking his lucky stars  all the same for making something other than a stupidity fall from his mouth.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
;) yassss

Genie watched as the other wolf licked his paw and tentatively tested it out. A smile crept up his lips, and she smiled in return - the smile grew even bigger when his mouth hung open at her compliment. Distantly, she wondered if he was doing it on purpose because of her words, or he just happened to be..like this. Either ways, Genie still thought he was undeniably cute. It didn't hurt that he was handsome, and had those beautiful blue eyes. Okay, yes, sometimes she was shallow, but who cares? Honestly.

His reply drew a laugh from her lips, a genuine laugh where her eyes turned into little crescent moons and her nose scrunched up and her tail wagged in pleasure. "Ah, I see," Genie said, suddenly shy now that her bout of laughter was over. "Um, thank you," she smiled softly at him. A part of her wanted to talk to him and get to know him better, while another part was hesitant. Good-looking or not, he was a stranger, and could be hiding a darkness beneath those starry eyes. 

Still, the chocolate girl made to introduce herself. "I'm Genie, by the way," she said.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
Her laugh was as cute as she was.
Cliché? Maybe, but definitely true. Remi could not help but let his own face contort into a smile as she began to wag her tail in apparent delight. With his four paws on the ground, the slight discomfort he still felt on the paw Genie had worked on was quickly forgotten. Probably he'd feel it again after this encounter was over and goodbyes were said - but hopefully that wouldn't happen for a really long while.

She revealed her name, but not her last name, like a magician, perhaps wanting to keep some secrets under her sleeve. Inmediately, Remi's eyes lit up in amusement as he echoed her name in his mind. "that's a beautiful name" he stated, his tail wagging too behind him before adding, "my name is Remi, or Mouse if you'd like" . For some reason he had wanted to give Genie the choice to call him what she wanted, something he hadn't given anyone else as he always introduced himself with the name his sister had given him rather than the one his parents had appointed him. 
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Genie smiled shyly. "Yeah, I guess. Not quite sure what my parents were thinking about when they named me, though," she said with a laugh, amber eyes lighting up in amusement. Honestly though, the chocolate furred fae had absolutely no clue whatsoever why she was named Genie — perhaps her parents had met a Genie in a bottle who told them that if they wanted to have three wishes, their child should be named after them. She didn't know, and although she did want to know, she had a bad feeling that the truth was probably not something she wanted to know.

"Mouse?" Genie's eyes twinkled, then she lifted a shoulder in a shrug. "I'll call you Remi and, or, Mouse, depending on how I feel. So..are you from a pack, Remi?" she tilted her head, regarding him with bright curious eyes. She wasn't, and she didn't think the other male was, but she wanted to talk to him for just a bit longer before she continued on her mindless journey through the Wilds, and well, she wasn't the best at striking up conversation but she was trying.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
i am so excited to see genie in the vale! i want a thread so bad

She couldn't pick just one of his names, deciding she'd use one or the other depending on the circumstance and her mood. It seemed fair enough and so Remi let the smile that had settled so naturally upon his lips to brighten. She could call him whatever. She could even call him thorn boy if she felt like it and Remi would've smiled all the same. 

"im not" he confessed, as Genie suddenly asked about his allegiances. He was a loner still, and though he was in no particular hurry to find a pack to pledge himself to, he knew that it was something he might have to start worrying more about soon. "i haven't seen the first one since i got here" he added, completely oblivious to the fact that it would be that first one the one that would steal his heart.
That if someone didn't steal it first.

"are you too looking for one?" he asked then, his crystalline blue eyes settling upon hers with curiosity. She didn't smell like a pack wolf either, so Remi could only assume she too, slept under the stars alone.
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
asdfghjlll sameee i'll probs throw a few aw threads in the vale, so you're very welcomed to join! ;)

He was not tied to a pack, confirming Genie's thoughts on that matter. For a moment, she wondered why he wasn't, after all, he appeared to be in perfectly good health other than the thorn in his paw but she supposed everyone had their reasons for doing what they do, even herself. Perhaps Remi had experienced something traumatic, or had a heartbreaking incident happen to him, much like herself. Either ways, the girl was not here to judge, and she figured if Remi wanted to share, he would've shared already. 

"I'm not sure," Genie told him honestly with a tilt of her head and a blink of her eyes. "I've been wandering for a bit, so I'm don't know if I'll wander for a bit more before joining, or join one when I find a good one," she didn't think her words made sense but made no move to correct herself, lifting a shoulder in a shrug. "I'll definitely join one before winter, though." 

She smiled shyly at him then. "You seem like a fun wolf to be part of a pack with." That was her subtle way of indicating she wouldn't mind being packmates with Remi.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
yesssss! 

With his bright crystalline eyes fixed on her face, Remi listened to her as she mused aloud she had not decided yet if she wanted to keep wandering for a bit or begin looking for a pack to stay with before Winter. Remi hummed in agreement as she then declared that she wouldn't let the cold season catch her as a loner. As a loner himself, Remi knew that this last bit was crucial - winter could be hard for packs, it could certaintly be deadly for loners. More so if they were young and inexperienced as Remi, and Genie, simply because their age closeness, were.

"i'd have to find a pack that would let me be fun first" he barked then before allowing some soft laughter to roll of his tongue, "or that will at least tolerate my attempts to be so" he added,the tip of his tail waving slowly. Since he had never been part of another pack aside from his birth pack, Havana Pier, where under his father's rule things were strict even for him and his siblings, he had made the wrong generalization that all packs were oriented towards the same steel strong discipline his father strived for. 
192 Posts
Ooc — Chase
Indeed, winter was harsh. It was harsh on pack wolves but it was near suicidal to be a loner during the cold, brutal season. Genie hadn't lived long in this world and she hadn't had a lot of experience with winters, but she could infer from her own limited experience and the stories that her elders told that Winter was no joke. It was worse for someone as inexperienced as her. She had to join a pack before the north wind invaded.

A smile danced lightly on Genie's lips and she tilted her head. "I'm sure you'll find one," she reassured him even though she had no idea if 'fun packs' even existed in the entirety of this world. "I can't be the only wolf to, well, sort of enjoy your sense of humour," she laughed lightly to let him know that it was just a joke. She geniunely liked him. It would be nice, the girl thought absentmindedly, to be in a pack with Remi but she knew once they separated, the chances of them meeting again, much less be part of the same group of wolves, was next to none.

138 Posts
Ooc — mini
finally slapping and ending to this thread :) I loved it

Her words were reassuring, and her smile, well her smile was special.
He smiled back, his dark tipped tail wagging slightly as she joked about sort of enjoying his sense of humor (or lack of). "you'll find one too" he barked, not knowing that life was already planning to cross their paths once more in the future. 

"thanks again for saving me" he barked, lifting his paw to gesture even though the pain had already disappeared. He genuinely liked her too. He smiled, his crystalline eyes setting on her own before fluttering to the sky that was already darkening. To be honest he did not want to part. But he thought that perhaps she had been busy before she came across him and his injured paw. So not wanting to hold her back any longer (though secretly wanting to hold on to this moment for another while) he shot her one last charm-filled smile.

"i'll see ya Genie" he barked, dipping his nose before disappearing back where he had come from. Little did he know his words would turn out to be true. He really did wish to see her again, if not in person in his daydreams.
Oh, little did he know he'd get both, and that that would be the first wish Genie would grant him.