Redhawk Caldera we exist living a thousand lives, side by side
his crown was ever changing made as it was by leaves and berries of the season
228 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Sebastian, @Burke, @Malice (sorry about the double tag mar!). Please let @Seabreeze reply first as she's traveling with mato! c:

The journey from King Elk Forest to Redhawk Caldera is not terribly far news that the druid hoped might lighten some of the burden his father bore at knowing his children (some of them) fled the nest. He hadn’t asked Nova to come with him, not because he was trying to be inconsiderate ( not that such a possibility of him being seen as such had even occurred to him …because it hadn’t ) but because she had expressed intense dislike of the Caldera and the empyrean was fairly certain his sister would have declined the invitation. He does not wish to stand in the middle of whatever misunderstanding that had possibly occurred between her and their father thus the druid did not ask. Instead, he’d asked Aerlinn out of the hopes that she would come to meet his father — the only parent he had left these days and for reasons unknown to Mato it was important to him that they meet and ( hopefully ) get along. Despite how Mato had not been expecting it Aerlinn had come to mean a lot to him in such a short amount of time and this want for them to know one another and get along with one another was natural.

His pace slows as the pair nears the borders, glimpsing at her out of the corner of his eye as his steps cease all together. Silently, he asks her if she is ready with his eyes before he offers her a gentle brush of his muzzle and press of his nose to her cheek if she allows it before he tips his head back and lets out a summons.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

// creeps in here
This is so late, also garbage post is garbage.  Sorry.

It was not long after their reunion that Mato had suggested they set out for the Caldera, and she had agreed without hesitation.  Now she was worried.  She tried to hide the bits of anxiety that became physically apparent the closer they got to the mountain ridge that cradled the Caldera, letting off stress by flicking her whiskers or yawning.  

She could not pinpoint the origin of this terror of meeting Mato's family, and she scarcely understood what she felt for the empyrean himself no matter how much soul-searching she did.  Her companion's gait slows down until it halts completely and his apple-green gaze catches her seaglass — are you ready?

No.  But we must be, hmm?  The fawn adjusts her posture to stand the tallest she can next to the young man, not dominant but self-assured.  As he calls for his family he can feel a shudder rattle her to her bones — here we go!
[Image: 70c0c50922211f79c19a9fbb2dbe797a.png]

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was super excited when he heard his son howl from the borders. His tail started to wag and he rushed to the borders. It took him awhile. The male had been quite sad with the disappearance of his mate. Plus, Ivy seemed to be gone as well. He only had Benjamin. Sebastian thrived on the idea he could see Mato. It would make him feel less like he failed.

The gray tank of a male greeted his son with a woof. "Mato!," he spoke and then noticed that there was a female with him. One he didn't know. This must be the one he liked. Sebastian dipped his head and offered a smile. "Welcome. I am Sebastian, Mato's father," he introduced with a smile. His tail wagging. "So good to see you, Mato," he admitted. It was clear that his father had missed him. He would always miss him.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
@Malice I hope you don't mind PP'ing her lightly. It seemed to me that they would be together anyhow.

Burke snapped his head up from where he was resting with Malice. That howl sounded familiar. Was it one of their sons? No, it couldn't be. Burke pushed himself up with interest. He knew the howl from somewhere but he couldn't place it. Maybe one of his grandchildren? That must be it! He glanced at Malice and then started to trot towards the border. Soon that trot, though his trot wasn't that quick anymore.

When he got to the border he was panting. He noticed that Sebastian was there and Mato. Mato! See he knew it was one of his grandkids. He didn't pay much attention to the female as he didn't seem to know her. Burke fell into a stiff walk and approached them. His docked tail wiggling in curiosity. "Grandson," he greeted. "Don't bother joining this crap of a joint. They have a food shortage and won't even allow me to eat," he spoke with a huff and a light glare. Of course, that glare wasn't sent towards his grandson and the female he was with. It was just to display his thoughts about it.
[Image: 141skqx.png]
Guardian, Mentor and Therapist
Like a dream, the tree of life covers me, and dulls my eyes; I fall asleep.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
Totally fine!

Malice really didn't like how they had been treated. That reason alone made her fancy leaving and joining Charon and Ame in the mountains. But dragging Burke that way? She couldn't ask that of him. No matter how little food, this was their home for now and they just had to deal with it. She followed at Burke's side to inspect the familiar howl, sort-of recognizing the man behind it. His name? She had forgotten. What a terrible married-in grandma she was. The only one she remembered the name of was Benjamin, and that was only because he was still here.

What a reunion. She said with a smile, not at all recognizing the female her grandson had brought with him. She nodded at Burke's words. Someone even tried to send us away - you know, for the good of the fat, well-fed puppies. She rolled her eyes with a grin.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

They Left Me Standing Unbroken
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Don't leave little bro out <3

He knew that voice. It was distant in his memory, rusted up, but as soon as he heard it he knew. He didn't even have to track his father before going. His big brother had returned! How fortunate! He rushed to the border, hurrying past his grandparents to sniffle at his sibling. His tongue lolled out of his mouth, but he couldn't help it. He was just so happy to see him again! He had grown too, but Ben would say he was still a little bit taller than his big bro.

He had even brought a girl! A pretty one too - someone who could totally be from beyond the mountains. He gave her a smile, but not for long, too elated to see his family again. If he may, he'd give him a loving snuggle with his muzzle before retreating awkwardly. No way you're here! I can't believe it! He let out, jumping a circle to let out some energy.
Dance Under The Ladder
228 Posts
Ooc —
Seabreeze is by his side and his gaze moves from her to his father as Sebastian approaches. Mato’s tail wags as his father introduces himself to Aerlinn. “Father, this is Seabreeze,” Mato introduces, worrying for a moment that she might mind having him speak for her. “I spoke of her briefly during our first reunion.” The druid seeks to bridge the gap so that Sebastian would know that this was his female companion …though the empyrean still does not know what they are to one another. Are they just friends? Are they more? Did she want more? Was that something she would be interested in? These questions, despite how they swam restless around his mind were for a different day; for when they were alone together.

And then Mato got more than he bargained for as his whole family trickled in and he presses subtly against Aerlinn hoping that she didn’t get intimidated by the show of all the Rochesters …though one, his sister Ivy, remained missing. “Seabreeze, this is my grandfather Burke, his wife Malice, and my younger brother Benjamin.” He lifted his chin ever so slightly. “Everyone, this is Seabreeze.” Perhaps, the starlight king thinks, it is better if they make their own assumptions. Mato, gratefully, does not have long to go down that exhausting questioning of trying to deduce what he and Seabreeze are to one another again as Burke warns him against joining the Caldera his chest seizing with unabashed fury when his grandfather tells him that the Caldera won’t allow him to eat. What?!” The word tears itself from the imperial in a soft, outraged snarl. It became clear to Mato that Nova had been right to hate the Caldera, after all. He pulls himself up to his full height without realizing he is doing it, the strong curve of his chest puffing with regal fury. “Does it not occur to them that they should stop breeding if they do not have enough food for everyone and their spawns?” The words are cruel as he speaks them and his feelings on the Caldera are set. His candescent, apple green gaze flickers to his father, unable to hide the accusation that forms there. “You vouch for these wolves and this is what they do? Starve your father?”

This wasn’t how he wanted Seabreeze to meet his family; but he cannot quell the quiet ire that steals through his veins at the injustice of it. Mato would apologize to Seabreeze for this later ( providing his cruel streak does not scare her off ). “We are founding a pack in King Elk Forest in the Hinterlands. It is a few day’s travel at most.” Mato informs them all, though Sebastian knows of this already. “Come with us.” A plea, an invitation for them all.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

She had agreed to come to the Caldera to meet his father, but it seemed as if every wolf he was related to came out of the woodworks for this reunion.  She was not displeased by this because the empyrean deserved to see his family but she was intimidated by the sheer number of wolves that emerged in front of them.  The fawn greets them as they come but clings to Mato closely as he leans into her, trying to hide the discomfort that tempts to manifest itself physically — a shifting of weight, a flick of the ears and whiskers and perhaps melt into him and cease to exist altogether.

A gray tank with a kind disposition came out to meet them first and introduced himself as Mato's father, and politely she dipped her head down at him in turn, thinking she was glad that Mato spoke for her as she offered a smile.  She was not sure at the moment if her voice would be stable enough to give the impression she wanted.  A second male arrived almost immediately after with his female, launching a barrage of insults about the Caldera — and rightly so, she surmised! Yet still they intimidated her even more than Mato's father had, so she quickly offered the same dip that Sebastian had gotten before casting her gaze to the ground.

She feels a shifting within her ashen companion and as she turns to look at him the tension is nearly palpable.  It is not that she does not think his anger is justified but it is a side of him she has not witnessed, and recent events had made her wary of masculine anger.  Even though her king is just in his accusations she detaches herself from his side (but does not distance herself) unconsciously, and hums an assurance to back up his claim.  Yes, she thinks, his family should come back with them.  She finds herself speaking although perhaps it is not her place, What a foolish way to run a pack.  What kind of loyalty does that cultivate?  What honor is there in starving out your members so your pups may grow fat?  Of course the pups should not starve but they should not be allowed to gorge themselves if there is a food shortage.

A tall leggy boy with kind turquoise eyes approached, his lips splitting into a grin as he saw the pair.  She perked if only a bit, he was so happy to see Mato!  What an impression he must have just gotten of her.  She almost feels ashamed of her outburst, but she stood behind her words.  She decides that she will be quiet unless addressed, it is not yet time for her when they have so much catching up to do with Mato.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian smiled when Mato introduced the female. He had spoken about her. Sebastian had a kind smile on his lips. "Very nice to meet you. Don't be a stranger," he smiled. Sebastian wished to know her better. His first impressions of her were positive. Not long after he greeted Mato, everyone seemed to be trickling in. His own father came as well, Mato's grandfather, and his mate. He wondered why Burke was even here. He had not been that close with his grandchildren, perhaps only with Ivy. Sebastian shook his head lightly. His ears flopped back as he spoke. Of course, he had nothing good to say to the pack that took him in and cured him of his poison. Malice joined as well. It was only escalating from there.

Then Benjamin joined. Sebastian's heart dropped. Benjamin was the same size as him and Burke, maybe even a bit bigger. Compared to the giants that lived in Mato's family he was surprisingly normal in size. Sebastian clearly noticed a difference in Mato's adult-like behavior and the childish ones of Benjamin. He was almost like an oversized puppy. Mato reacted badly to what to what the Caldera did. He would have too if he wouldn't have known the context. Now he was accused by his son. He didn't want any conflict with them. Sebastian glared at his father. He quickly calmed himself when looking at his son. "Your grandfather is overexaggerating, badly so. This 'conflict' happened a few days ago and it was a teenage girl that told them their opinion. None of the alpha's voiced that same opinion. Those terrible wolves that suppose to look only after their own took your sickly grandfather in and nursed him back to health when we arrived on their doorstep. If they wanted him dead then they wouldn't have accepted him in the first place," he explained calmly. He had run into Towhee after the fact after all.

Sebastian shot another dark glance at his father. He should be ashamed of himself. The Redhawks had shown great hospitality. "Do you really think your grandfather would listen to them if they told him 'No'? Not really. Sure, we do have a food shortage but I would never let Burke starve. The caldera wouldn't either," he spoke loyally. He was a bit worried at how quick Mato was to assume things. The words he had spoken were calm though. He let out a soft sigh. He didn't want this to end in a conflict where he had to choose between his family and the caldera. He had lost so much already. Slight desperation was seen in his eyes.

Mato then told him that he was founding a pack in King Elk Forest. He wished he could go with Mato. He wanted to badly. "I wish I could... I can't Mato. I need to stay here in case Pearl, Nova or Ivy comes back. I have to wait for them. I will visit," he spoke with a short nod, looking sad. He glanced at Benjamin. He knew he promised they would stay together but he also knew that Benjamin wanted to explore and go beyond the mountain and have crushes. "Ben--,'' he didn't expect to his have voice break like that. Sebastian cleared his throat. "Ben, if you like you can join them. Go explore and meet different wolves. I know you want that," he offered with a smile. But it was clear it pained him to say goodbye to another child. If Benjamin would leave he was left all alone in the Caldera. Though, Sebastian was extremely loyal to his family and would wait for Pearl and his daughters as long as nessesary.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke was pleased to see that Mato took his side. It was clear that it was unfair what these Caldera wolves wanted. Both of them voiced their opinion, even the female next to Mato. Burke's eye fell on her for a moment as she spoke. His pale glance looking at her thoroughly. Then Benjamin rushed in and had to greet Mato like a pup. Burke had never been much of a fan of the lightest Rochester. He reminded him of Pyro, even worse than Pyro. Pyro was sickly, in his opinion, Benjamin was just mentally broken. When he looked at his brother Mato that was some good Rochester material.

When he spoke of founding a pack in King Elk Forest Burke was instantly convinced he should go there. Mato might be young but he showed potential. He could become a good leader. He seemed to have the right attitude. It was especially shown in those fierce green eyes. Green was not a Rochester color but Burke still recognized some clear family traits in his grandson. "We should go with him, Malice," he spoke to his mate. He moved forward over the border and stood on Mato's other side. He didn't want to stay here if lowly ranked pack mates would treat him like this. He deserved better. He had the idea he could be a mentor for his grandson. At least he would have a purpose.

Then Sebastian started being emotional again. He could still be such a child sometimes. Burke held his head raised as his son glared at him. Burke just glared right back at him. Sebastian defended the Caldera which was no surprise in his opinion. Burke rolled his eyes when he was accused of over exaggeration. It was true that one pack member took their side but he wasn't going to voice that seeing that Sebastian hadn't mentioned it. "That there is a food scarcity is already a sign of bad pack managing. And the one who said it is the daughter of the alpha pair. In my opinion that says enough about what the alpha pair thinks of Malice and me," he spoke. Another son of the alpha pair actually took their side but then again Burke liked to think he could turn things in his way. He was never the good guy. He was selfish and wanted the best for himself.

Burke rolled his eye again when Sebastian became emotional again. He was relieved that Sebastian wanted to stay here, hopefully, that mentally broken son of his would stay here too. Then natural section would take place meaning that the good Rochesters would at least survive. Sebastian and Benjamin could die of starvation. "Maybe you should accept the fact that that woman of yours just left your over-emotional sorry piece of ass and this shitty pack. Everyone left already, are you that oblivious?! They are not coming back," Burke snapped at Sebastian, voicing his opinion. Kind of unnecessary but it kind of felt good to be the bad guy again instead of laying low. It had never been a secret that he disliked his own son. They made up, sort of, but their relationship was never the best. It was only because Sebastian was too good and honorable to deny him that he had survived. He might have used his own son for his own survival, cruel but effective. At least he didn't have to pretend anymore.

Weird to write two perspectives. xD Sorry long posts Seb and Burke had to snap at each other once again xD
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
It felt good that Mato and his girl-friend thought the same, even though it was petty to be bitching about it. It really was no way to run a pack. I mean, they already had so many members, but the alphas just kept popping out more puppies. Malice liked pups as much as the next wolf, but this many? When the adults suffered a foot shortage? To be honest, she would've killed a few just to shut everyone up. Her ears perked up when Mato spoke of a pack they were starting. It sounded foreign and far, and for a moment did Malice wonder if Burke would survive the trip, but he said himself they should go. She nodded a little hesitantly.

She glared at Sebastian when he vouched for the Redhawk wolves once more. Sure, they had liked to patch up Burke in the past, but now they were replaceable. They had stayed with them, brought them knowledge and food, but now they wanted to throw them out. As if our presence is wished for here - pfft. Mato deserves our services more than them. She added to the conflict. Her ears lowered when father and son got at it again, knowing she better not take a side right now about whether Pearl and Ben's siblings were coming back.
~Adopt Avalon!~
~Fake name: Absinthe~[Image: warrior_zpsifen6kug.gif](Guardian)[Image: naturalist_zps22vypiui.gif](Astronomer 1/10)

They Left Me Standing Unbroken
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
He didn't really know what everyone was talking about, all he heard was that Mato was leaving. Again. Just like everybody else. His grin drooped into a sad frown as he glanced at his dad. Go with his big bro? To wherever? But they promised to stick together! Did he want him gone? Nuh-uh, dad! You promised! He shook his head a few times, making it clear that he didn't want to go without his father.

When grandpa Bunnybut spoke of his family, telling they'd most likely not return, Benjamin's eyes grew wide. How could he say something like that?! They are coming back! Right daddy? Tell me he's lying... He begged. He couldn't take this family drama anymore. Mato could go and start his pack with that dick of a grandpa, he was staying right here until mum and everyone came back! Without another word, he ran off, back into the caldera.
Dance Under The Ladder
228 Posts
Ooc —
Mato spares a quick glimpse at his lovely companion, an apologetic set to his lips as Sebastian and Burke began to squabble with one another, trading harsh words. “Enough!” The empyrean commands, stepping up to his father and grandfather ( though careful not to step on or too close to the pack’s border line ). “We have a guest.” Mato reminds them, holding his head high despite that he is average in comparison to the height and bulk of the two men that have came before him. Smaller even than Benjamin; but Mato hardly cares. He does not need to be a titan to lead. Mato’s eyes are pitying as they fell upon his younger brother as he holds onto a childish innocence and a childish outlook on the world. He believes that Pearl and Nova are coming back and Mato knows for sure that Nova isn’t; and Pearl’s strange and unexplained disappearance easily signifies that neither will she. Benjamin, upset, fled from the scene and a heavy sigh left the druid’s lips as he watched him flee unable to help but think that it is better he wants to stay with Sebastian. Mato does not have the time to babysit a brother who has no drive to grow up ( and then winces at his own cruelty at the thought ). “Perhaps it is better if we take our leave now.” The empyrean suggests almost wishing he would not have came. He is ashamed at the display that Rochester’s put on for Seabreeze and wonders, if they were to ever get to such a point in their ( yet undefined ) relationship if this would be enough to discourage her.
558 Posts
Ooc —
Master Therapist

Catching up.

The fawn cannot help the way her ears smooth back against the gentle curvature of her skull and the thrumming of her tail as it curls up under the soft flesh of her underbelly.  She was not sure what kind of family rivalry she had walked into but she decidedly did not like it.  Her lips tightened as she assessed everything that lay before her.

Brash as he was, the older man seemed correct in his statements (although his sentiments were debatabe).  Mato's father seemed to speak out of loyalty, while his grandfather spoke from logic.  Even the lamb-hearted doe agreed with him.  And then he spoke something so cruel that the words cut through her and before she knew it her companion's booming voice filled her ears as the attention was brought to her once more.  

It was another sensation akin to drowning.  She repositions herself to the most neutral stance she can manage and somehow quells the quaking that had begun, but her muscles were tense; she wasn't sure if she were ready to fight or ready to run.

The Gentleman
1,663 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Medic
Sebastian was a bit stunned by Burke's words as they cut right through his heart. As he stood frozen Benjamin had been cut as well. His voice sounded hurt before the father watched him rush off. Sebastian glared at Burke. How could he say those things?! How could he be so cruel? Sebastian's hope did sink a bit by those words. Mato called it quits and suggested that they moved back. "I guess. I hope I can still come see you?,' he asked with a hopeful tone.

Sebastian also shot an apologetic glance at Mato's girl. They weren't together but he could tell they were close, at least good friends. He didn't want her to see all the family drama but it seemed it had happened anyhow. "I'm going to look for Benjamin now. Travel safely," he wished, though it was clear he wasn't happy with Burke.
1,707 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Therapist
Master Guardian
Burke snorted when Sebastian didn't even reply back. The older male he was certain he was right. Mato stopped their bickering and suggested that they should leave. Burke wanted to do nothing rather, especially now it was certain the two weaker family members would not join them. Burke stepped back and nodded at Mato. He was ready to start this journey as he didn't feel like staying a second longer at this caldera.
776 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Guardian
Away
She frowned weakly when the poor Benjamin retreated to be away from her mate's discouraging words. While she did not have much hope Pearl and her children would return, perhaps such things shouldn't be said around Benjamin. Yes, reality was hard, but Burke didn't know for certain they wouldn't return. He couldn't look into the future, and as far as she knew he had not found the bodies of his grandkids nor of their mother. Maybe they were just lost for the moment.

She nodded at Mato, wanting to take her leave now more than before. She would follow them to wherever they were going, only listening and speaking less words than usual.
~Adopt Avalon!~