Dragoncrest Cliffs -- take me to where the tides are churning
moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Joining 
couple posts for them to get there and then we'll throw out a call!  They're traveling from the Sound just below the Dragonrest Cliffs.
@Cecil

She woke with a start, eary in the morning after another nightmare she couldn't quite recall.  She wasn't even sure when she had fallen asleep, honestly.  She pulled herself up and sought out the blurry figure of her companion and nosed him.  It is time, come with me.

She could feel something churning inside of her — a nervousness that crept up from deep within and socketed itself in every fiber of her being.  What if he brought her to his pack and they outcasted her?  What then?  She had grown .. attached of him she supposed because why else would she have stayed here?  She nearly regrets her decision to stay and if they don't move now she might never go.

She waits for the obsidian male to gain his footing and lead the way, pacing back and forth until they get going.

and i'll be at the back of your mind
waiting for you

to know your enemy, you must become your enemy
47 Posts
Ooc —
He startled awake, unused to someone waking him, he jumped to his paws. Looking around for any danger that might be present, his encounter with the dark vixen of the night before came back to him. He relaxed upon seeing her safe and sound. She seemed anxious, for what Cecil had no idea, he had never been alone before, other than his journey here. He was born a pack wolf, and had always been.

He nodded his head, before remembering that she probably couldn't see him. Sheepishly he added, "Of course." Before setting out for Dragoncrest, "This way." He indicated with the tilt of his head, he walked close beside her, only a step or two a head so that she might see him better. If she took note of their surroundings she would notice their uphill climb.

He lead her silently up the short walk to Drageda, it really wasn't far. He hoped to give her time to consider where they were going, and what she was about to committ too. "We aren't far now." He claimed as the walk continued.

Finally Cecil stopped and turned to her, "We are here." He spoke softly so as not to alarm her. The border was strong, stronger than when even Cecil first arrived. With Heda ill everyone was on high guard, and vaguley he wondered if perhaps the Fleimkepa might not appreciate his galavanting off at night. He threw his head up in a howl, alerting @Eske that he was at the border with a new face.

Turning to Corva, Cecil smiled, "I've alerted the Fleimkepa to our presence. She's our leader." It wasn't a lie, however he couldn't tell Corva of Heda. Not yet. It wasn't his place to tell an outsider of the sensitive pack information. Eske was our leader, at the moment, and Cecil expected Corva to treat her as such. He could feel the anxiety growing within him.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints
Mecenary {I II III IV V/5} + Scout { I II III IV V/5}

warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske is not too terribly far away when Cecil's howl summons her at the borders ( not Dio, she notes, who is just as capable of accepting wolves as she ) and she hurries with a thrum of adrenaline in her veins and a snarl rising in her throat. Her first thought is a trespasser despite that there hadn’t been any sort of necessary urgency in Cecil's tone and calms the rising itch for a fight as her pace slows as she nears the origin of his howl. His scent is upon the wind mingled with the scent of a splita. She draws herself up high: an elegance she had seen Gyda employ time and time again and her hackles smooth as she shrugs through thick underbrush and come across the midnight pair. She sniffs at the air again, thinking that their scents are too mingled for this to be their initial meeting and that anyway the woman hadn’t called. Black, leathery nostrils flared. That was odd. Why should Cecil call for leadership if this woman seeks to join? Her sea blue-green gaze is sharp as it moves from Cecil to the stranger, assessing unabashedly. She assess as both Fleimkepa and as Tactician. Of course, she appearances are deceiving ( for her own is quite deceptive; beauty barbed with wickedly sharp thorns ) but the Drakru gleams what she can …which isn’t much. Eske doesn’t speak yet, instead encouraging one of them to explain themselves with the non-verbal command in her sharp eyes. What is this about?
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
— your hands are wet with the blood
of an empire. you lick it off.
moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away

Although Corva cannot see the subtler signs of the woman's irritation she can feel it, and she realizes at once just how many mistakes she has made.

*** ONE — She feels like a stray that has been scooped up and taken in by someone whose parents strictly forbid an animal in the house; a helpless dog who is without question unwanted and unwelcome.  If she had any less self-control her lips would have curled up in disgust for allowing herself to be seduced into this situation.

She does not hesitate, bowing deep at the woman who has approached them, the one who is waiting for a response and whose temper was rising with every second that didn't recieve one.  Greetings, she begins, formal yet seemingly unafraid and unconcerned.

This is a sham.  Her blood has cooled.

*** TWO — Although Cecil had persuaded her to stay with him there was no doubt in her mind that if she were chased from these borders it would be just as easy for him to spurn her and a sickness boils up from deep within her gut, chewing the bottom of her throat.

Twin moons linger on Eske, but she cannot make out the girl's seaglass eyes from the expanse of her pelt; she is so lost in the daylight.  It would seem as if Corva were staring through the Fleimkepa instead of at her, and she was not quite sure what kind of response that would garner.  

She wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Corva had done this dance a few times.  Though she never stuck anywhere long (for more than one reason) she understood the subtleties between herself and the other wolves.  She follows up with an introduction, giving Cecil no time to respond because he does not deserve to speak for her.

I seek to join your ranks, she begins, and I have an array of talents that I can contribute to your pack if you would find them useful.  I am familiar with toxicology and astrology on their most basic levels and have traveled alone the majority of my life — there will be no need for hand-holding here.  It is flat but not disrespectful; if you want me you want me and if you don't you don't but we should hurry up and get on with it either way.

*** THREE — It comes to her attention that she knew precious little about this Drageda.  Her tongue smooths over her lips; she just might be over her head.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Cecil watched his Fleimkepa arrive, he greeted her with a simple nod of his head. He hoped to lead the introductions and started to open his mouth to breach the subject when Corva spoke first. Unable to start the parle Cecil looked between the two women. "Dison ge Corva, em laik ai lukot." It was after the fact, and perhaps Eske had already formed an opinion of her.

The obsidian male refrained from introducing Eske to his equally ebony companion, if she accepted Corva the Fleimkepa would introduce herself. He could feel his anxiety surfacing again, although kept it well hidden, he had assumed that calling himself was the easiest way to show Eske that he trusted this woman, and had been in contact with her. Only time could tell if that was the best course of action.
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
Eske’s lips are terse, contemplative and unreadable as Corva names off her skills. Toxicologist and Astronomer; offered shortly after she states what Eske has already came to suspect: that she is here to join Drageda’s ranks. It doesn’t exactly assure her when Cecil offers that she is a friend: because Eske still doesn’t fully trust him either. Old habit died hard ( or rather she refuses to let them go ). She does not go easy on newcomers especially as they are the ones that have the most to prove. “I am Eske Kom Drakru; Fleimkepa.” Not a title she will hold for long as Thuringwethil appears to be on the mend from her illness; which despite reassurances given to her she thinks is likely a good thing. She is too harsh for diplomacy, too jagged and feral. She lacks the refinery that this job is meant to have — but that doesn’t mean she isn’t enjoying the taste of leadership while it is her’s. “How do you two know each other?” Corva has not stated that she is from any of the packs in the coalition and Eske wonders if Corva is a case like her own mother: Gyda. She gives no illusion to her decision either way, buying her time to think of a way to put Corva’s skills to test. “Are you from a pack in the coalition or ?” are you an outsider? Eske does not speak it but instead leaves it hanging in the air between them as her tactical mind assess and analyzes. The toxicology could be extremely useful: but not in an outright battle. It could be used behind the scenes: laid as a trap for their enemies. A trap, the warrior thinks, that would cause them a slow and unsuspecting death.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng
moontouched
22 Posts
Ooc —
Away
Catching up.

There is a silence between them that stretches like an eternity as the strange woman lingers over the words that hang in the air.  It is broken by a formal introduction and once again Corva nods at her; less deep this time and she hums a single note to let her know she'd been heard.

We met before his arrival in Drageda.  He was on his way here.  I found him a second time and asked if he'd made it safely.  It was the truth, stripped of its more intimate and interesting bits — they had met twice by chance.

She breathes in, closing her eyes before answering the final question.  The dark girl does not know what this means, the coalition, so she assumes she is most definitely not.  No.  I come from a place quite far from here, so south the ground is almost permanently iced over.  The admission makes her skin crawl; once more she feels otherized but perhaps she has a chance.

waiting for you

47 Posts
Ooc —
Cecil remaind quiet, looking between the two women. He had said his part, there was nothing else that could be said on his side. It was up to Eske now, whether the woman would be accepted or not.

Sorry for the shortness..... there isn't much for Cecil to say....
civilize the mind
make savage the body

Cecil's Pawprints

warbringer
454 Posts
Ooc — romanova
Guardian
Tactician
short & sweet conclusion!

It will take time before Eske's trust is earned but there is plenty of time for Corva to prove her worth and loyalty (and truthfully Eske's never been the warmest of creatures anyway). "Very well. You are titled as Kru until you earn a trade and prove your place among us." Eske glimpses them from Corva to Cecil. Normally, this is the part where Eske would volunteer a tour but she suspects that Cecil might wish to be the one to give it. "Give her the tour." It's a soft command and with a last look over her shoulder all she says before she disappears into the shadows of the redwood, heading for the heart of Drageda to inform Heda.
roangeda · green-lit

trigedasleng