Blacktail Deer Plateau Spoon Full of What?
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@Heartha, lets see if Pema can help with that cough or what ever symptom you want her to display.

Pema was taking her first day to explore the Morningside territory seeing as how was had recieved the approval of Grayday and she now didn't feel nervious anymore about if she would be able to stay. She had meet a few members of the pack already. Grayday, Howl and she had gotten a quick glance to look at Grayday's pups. They were so young and small. Pema could hardly wait to see what kinds of things they would get into.

As she strolled through the territory and the more wooded areas of it she came across what looked to be a den. The scent of wolf came to her nostriles from the steady wind and the scent reminded her of Howl. She hadn't spent too much time with him, but she figured it must be his scent. But she also thought she could smell another, one that was much more present rather then a place someone had passed. She walked infront of the den entrance, not in the entrance but a few yards back. Inside she thought she saw fur and a bit of motion. "Anyone home?" she asked in a calm voice not wanting to startle or disrumpt whoever might be inside.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha stirred when someone came by her den. And on reflex at seeing an unfamiliar face, she curled up quickly with her tail shielding her stomach. "Who...who are you?" she asked, at first her voice being a bit hoarse. She felt she was about to berate them about the privacy of a pregnant lady and how not to interrupt, but she was too tired for that.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It seemed that Pema was going to be getting on everyones nerves alittle bit these first few days into the pack. There really wasn't any other way to introduce herself to everyone unless she stumbled upon them and introduced herself, which is what she was doing. She might have to answer the same question over again for each member she meet, but at least after that it would be one more down for each member she encountered. Even though this female didn't sound too pleased to meet Pema right off the bat she though that if she did this quick it could be like ripping off a bandage. If she had known there was a pregnant female in the pack she might have been more cautious about encountering a den.

"I'm Pema. Sorry to disturb you. I'm a new member. Howl accepted me. I just wanted to introduce myself." she though that her appology coupled with the reference to Howl would ease the female somewhat. He seemed to have a good reputation here and if he saw something in her then maybe the others would look for something in her as well.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha hadn't meant to, but she ended up glaring before Pema, as her name was, apologized. However at the mention of Howl, her gaze softened. So this was someone Howl had met, and brought in. 

"Howl..." she ended up murmuring, even though she had meant to think it in her head. She felt her face heat up upon realizing how lovestruck she sounded. "He's my mate. And he had spoken of going out and meeting some others." Pema must have been one of them.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
The females gaze lightened up at the mention of Howl and she even mumbled his name. For a moment Pema was confused, unaware of the twos realationship. But as Heartha explained everything seemed to click together. Why her gaze had lightened at the mention of his name and why she had said his name a moment easlier in the tone that she did.

"His mate. Oh well it's very nice to meet you. He seems like a nice guy. I'm very thankful that he invited me in." Howl hadn't been his usual overly gentalmantly self when Pema meet him, but she thought she could still tell that he was a good guy.
353 Posts
Ooc —
The older female nodded. He was so very knid hearted. The fresh memory of her crying into his shoulder fromy pure joy was proof of that. "He sure is..." She glanced down at her stomach as she said that. To the gift given by Howl. "So...how has the pack treated you?"
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She hadn't had a chance to meet much of the pack but of the member she had meet. "I think its been alright. I just joined a few days ago and haven't had a chance to meet anyone really. But you can imagine how some react to seeing a new face so close to home." she remarked referencing the interaction they had had just a moment ago.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha was glad to hear Pema was fitting in. "That is good...so, Pema, what do you-" She was cut off by a fit of coughs. They had gotten worse since beginning. "Sorry...been coughing lately." There was the vomitting as well. She had never noticed the red in the vomit, and if she had, many warning bells would have set off in her head.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It seemed as though Heartha was going to ask Pema a question but she was interrupted by a fit of coughing. Not small one either. They sounded as though they were comming straight out of her lungs that then her throat. "That doesn't sound too good. Do you want me to grab you something for that." Maybe because she was detatched from the situation or maybe because she knew some basics in medicine, but she seemed more conserned then Heartha and Howl had been about the situation.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha shook her head while another coughing fit came up. She was just a little sick, she was sure of it. "It's fine, it'll go away." Although she didn't admit it, she was starting to wonder if it would actually go away, or remain. Yes, it made her throat sore, but this wasn't the first time she was sick. And those other times, it had gone away.

"Actually...maybe something to soothe my throat? Please?" She couldn't hear just how hoarse her own voice was, and it was quite hoarse.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
At first Heartha had said no and as she did her voice sounded very sore. It didn't sound good at all and in Pema's mind Heatha was either in denial and belived that their truely was nothing wrong, or she though she could just tough it out. But either way Pema didn't see the harm in offering something to soothe her throat. After all what harm would come if she treated her and the cough was actually nothing. Nothing other then the feeling of ease as she took her breaths.

Heartha unknowingly seemed to agree with Pema's thoughts as she changed her mind and actually asked for Pema's help. "Sure no problem I'll be right back." she said turning away from the female in search of the yellow flowered plant tansy. Luckily for Pema the flatter areas of the plateau were mostly grassier areas where finding plants and herbs weren't too hard to find if you knew what you were looking for. 

She returned a few minuted later with the yellow tansey and another herb within her jaws. A deep green colored leaf that Pema thought Heatha may need soon. She set them down close to the entrance of Heartha's den saying. "You should take the tansy now, thats the yellow one. But hold on to the rasberry leaves for later."
353 Posts
Ooc —
The old female wolf laid her head down lazily once Pema had gone to bring some herbs. As she awaited Pema to arrive, she could feel herself beginning to fall asleep. 

She remained awake once Pema arrived again, holding some herbs in her mouth. She shook her head so she could stay up, clear her head. The rasberry she knew about, and it's effects. The other, the tansy, Heartha did not know about that. "Thank...thank you" she murmured, tail swaying slowly behind her. 

She took the tansy as she had been told to. After, Heartha looked down at her belly. "They will be coming soon...how much do you know about pregnancy?" She was wondering that perhaps Pema could be there to help, be her helper with herbs.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
It looked as though Heartha had fallen asleep while Pema was way. Which was both surprising and not. She hadn't been gone that long, but Heatha was pregnant and that must be exhausting. Even though Heartha at first had tried to cover up her belly bump, even someone who wasn't acustom to the smell could smell the change in her hormones with how close she was to delivery.

Once Pema set down the herbs Heartha thanked her and proceeded to take the tansy. The yellow flowered plant that would soothe her thoat and ease her coughing. Heartha then asked how much Pema knew about pregancy. "I've heard about the process and have listened to the process of labor, but haven't ever been present during one. As far as the pregnancy itself, I know that the leaves I just gave you help, but not much more then that. I'm planning on expanding my medic knowlege though. I think at the moment I'm good at treating symptoms then being able to diagnose the issue. You know?" she explained wanted to be honest, but also not wanting to sell herself short.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha listened along as Pema spoke of what she knew about the process of pregnancy. Heartha wondered briefly just how young Pema was, as she had not been pregnant before. And Heartha, she had become pregnant as soon as her first heat had come. 

"Yes, rasberry leaves do help with milk...maybe...would you mind if after you taught me after I give birth?" she asked, rather quietly. She wanted to learn as much herbology as she could.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Heartha knew the use of rasberry leaves when it came to pregnancy, which was good because she would know when to use it and Pema wouldn't have to explain it to her. Though she wouldn't have minded if she would of had to explain the leaves and their purpose. 

Even though Heartha knew about the leaves, it came as somewhat of a surprise the she asked for Pema to teach her somethings after she gave birth. After all their first interaction hadn't been the best, but Pema had expected that with being a new member of the pack and not yet having the scent of the pack in her fur. Luckily it seemed as though Pema was good at changing first impressions and connecting with those of this pack. "Sure, I would be happy to. You'll probably be busy once you give birth though. Just call me over when you have some free time I guess." she smiled and her tail wagged lightly.
353 Posts
Ooc —
Heartha smiled thankfully, and set her head down on her paws as Pema said how happy she would be to help. "Thank you...I appreciate it, all of it." She glanced up from her heads position by her paws, her eyelids growing heavy as she once again grew tired. "Do you...do you mind?" she asked as politely as she could with a yawn in between.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Heartha thanked her and began to yawn and squint her eyes with tiredness. She might have been sleeping before Pema had greeted her and hadn't gotten enough Z's. Along with her pregnancy and sore thoat, Pema could understand her need for rest. "No, that's alright. I'll be heading out. Hope you feel better." she said before walking off away from Hearth's den.

Pema considered this to be a success, even if it had started roughtly. She though that her and Hearth could really become close friends in the future.