Wheeling Gull Isle ink stains on the counter, out there
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
All Welcome 
Someone she's not yet met maybe? AW! <3
(also, post #100 for Fae, yay! :P

On the hour she first rose from the den, when beams of light first shone upon the island and the sky was still a blue smudge with a streak of amber, Faeryn was up on her paws. She wasted no time this morning, busying herself with a simple border patrol. It was the same most days - she had little else to do, and besides, she rather enjoyed the task. It could be tiring, yes, but she liked getting a better feel for this island, the island of which she planned to live out her life. 

By the time she'd finally tired herself out, the wolfess had come across the spot she often liked to sit at. It was beside the edge of the water, where the small waves tumbled in and then washed out again. The sand here was soft against her grey paws, and with a small curve of her lips, the blue dove took her usual space, lowering herself onto her haunches as she looked out across the sea. There was certainly a lot of it, until it met the sky - a blue line across the horizon. How much was really out there? She often pondered the thought. It was a frequent occurance as she sat amongst the sand and few pebbles that lay out around her. It was here she felt most at peace - with herself and those around her. With the rest of the world.

Perhaps she could stay here for a while, now that her patrol was pretty much over. Just for a while.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
Whether it was because of a lack of anything else to do, or perhaps sheer boredom, the woman had thrown herself into the sea, deep strokes bringing her after a time to the shores of this island. She had gone but a few steps before realizing that the sands were claimed; weakly, it seemed, for but a few distinct scents lay here. Her gaze muzzle twisted in a scowl; how was it that every interesting territory came to be claimed?

She paced the shore, hardly willing to swim back immediately. The shape of a small grey wolf had her pause, and she regarded the thing thoughtfully. Her ears flicked atop her head, waiting to be noticed or ignored, though the latter was unlikely.
facilis descensus averno
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
It was with the scent brought along by the wind that made Faeryn turn, blue eyes gleaming as she sought out the stranger. She observed for a moment as the elegant creature paused. She was draped in white, icy like the bitter tinges of winter, and it brought about the most odd kind of curiousity. Cold, she seemed, and yet from a distance the blue wolfess could not distinguish her demeanor simply with a glance. So with a chuff, that of greeting, the woman sat up from where she lay upon the sand, ears perking forward to catch any response that might be made. 

"Hello. What brings you to the island? I have not seen you here before." Grey tail began to rise slightly, asserting her dominance from the get go, though not with aggressiveness. Her words were neither inviting nor disdainful, rather a mixture of the two. She held about her her own air of elegance, and one of mystery, though the words she spoke could be nothing further from - for mysterious they were not. Only simple, cool, and with a hint of questioning, for Faeryn did not know this stranger on the coast, nor had she seen her at any meetings previously. It was with that very knowledge that she assumed it was a newcomer.
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice
sicarius
453 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Warrior
The woman held herself well, she supposed, stance already rising in dominance. The woman's words have her quirk a brow, gliding languidly closer before falling still a short distance from the woman. "Nor I you." She responds, wondering why the woman would state something quite so obvious. It is clear she is not of this pack, their scent does not lie upon her fur, which is still damp with sea water. "As for what brings me, in simplest terms, vidi ego veni. It interested me."  Her gaze sparks and she regards the woman. "You lay claim to the isle, then?" She continued, not believing the woman to be anything more than a pack member.
@Faeryn are you still interested in continuing this thread? please let me know so I can close it if needed.

facilis descensus averno
♢♢♢
199 Posts
Ooc — Belle
It was true the stranger did not hold the Undersea wolves' scent upon her fur, it was not something that had gone unnoticed by the Alphess. She gave a slight nod of her head, ocean eyes fixed on the pale wolfess before her. If she had come seeking shelter it would have been slightly different. Undersea had been created as a sanctuary for those who needed it, but in this case the stranger had only come because it interested her. Faeryn spoke up about this, glancing momentarily at the rolling blue waves in the distance before turning back to the stranger. "This a place for those who seek shelter, a sanctuary for the ones who may need it. That is its purpose." She stated with her brow raised. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a suprise that the wolfess took an interest in the island that was disconnected from the mainland - had she known about its existence beforehand she might have tried to explore it herself.

It, too, was true that she did lay claim to the island. But she was not the alphess permanently. When Stockholm was able to lead again, he would take over, and she would take her place at Beta once more. "Yes."
I see quiet nights,
poured over ice