Stone Circle Life is a highway
Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
All Welcome 
AW! Maybe someone she hasn't met yet?

Steph walked through the bare brush of the forest, winding left and right to not hit the branches covered in snow. It was the coldest she had ever felt, but it felt exhilarating. She found she liked the snow, especially rolling around in it. Still, getting to curl up with her mother and siblings at the end of the day and be snuggly warm all night was equally as nice.

But, right now, she wandered, on the search for something to entertain her before she had to turn in for the day. Most of the animals seemed tucked into their own dens, away from the cold. Babies, she thought. She hadn't seen so much as a scurrying squirrel in at least an hour. Nothing to chase, nothing to pounce on. Aside from the snow, winter seemed to be boring. 

Then, she came upon the small lake that Nikai had taken her too last week. This time though, it looked weird. Gingerly, she tried to step into the water. But, her paw didn't sink. It stayed on top of the water, and when she tried to bare her weight, it slipped. Her ears perked as she caught herself, her eyes widening. It was frozen! The whole thing! 

With a laugh, Steph turned and jogged back several yards. Turning back to the lake, she pushed off with her back legs and got up to the fastest run she could. When she hit the ice, her legs sprawled out and she slid across the ice, spinning in circles as she did so. She laughed with glee, not wanting to stop.
The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone ~Geothe
Sunny is allowed in all threads, open or private, created by Steph
take me back to the night we met
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
snatches this 

Aurelia was still figuring things out.
She was still getting used to the whole lot of responsabilities she now had as a pack wolf.
Not that she was complaining or that things were particularly hard, it was just strange for the generally reserved and elusive banshee to find herself making a home among so many strangers. Even though Valette had told her from the very start Easthollow was a family oriented pack, which hinted relations among members were tight knit as if they truly were family, Aurelia still had to overcome the 'out of place' feelings that kept her shyly at the margins.

She still didn't know most of her packmates, and she definitely didn't know the small girl that began to approach the frozen lake next to which the Lockhart had decided to take a small break from patrolling. She watched her silently, wondering if the child too had seen her but she soon found her answer as she watched the young one take a step back and jump over the frozen surface without even glancing her way. 

Aurelia watched her with a smile, the girl's giggles becoming contagious as she too began to laugh softly.
She let a few minutes go by without interrupting the dark-furred babe's play before the fun the girl seemed to be having became just irresistible to the child-hearted Lockhart. She stood up and blew her cover as she directed a small yap the girl's way, then slowly she began to step into the frozen ice rink that had become of the lake, her movements at first hesitant as she tested the ice's resistance.

"hi" she barked as she slid closer to the girl, a smile beaming from her face.
i had all and then most of you,
some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.
545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her body came to a halt in the middle of the small lake, and Steph attempted to rise to a standing position. It was difficult, however, and she slipped several times before she was finally successful. Gingerly, and not without a few falls, she made her way back to the edge of the lake. Once there, she got her head start again, running towards the frozen water. This time, she tensed her muscles, making them work hard to keep her standing as she slid across the ice. It worked, for a few moments, before she slipped and ended up sliding a few feet on her side. She giggled, the sensation of sliding new and fascinating to her. 

A yap broke her thoughts and she lifted her head as her body came to a stop. A female, a stranger to Steph, stood at the edge of the lake. Steph, used to meeting new wolves all the time, automatically assumed she was new to the pack. She returned a bark in greeting, and then righted herself and stood once more. She made her way over to the female, her tail wagging as she tried to keep her balance on the ice. She got to land before turning to the stranger to introduce herself. Hey, I'm Steph, she offered, smiling. You want to slide with me? Steph was always up for company when it came to playing.
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
For a split second, Aurelia worried the child might be put off by her intrusion but quickly all her worries were soothed as the girl returned her greeting in a jovial tone before beginning to make her way closer. As the sooty baby finally reached her, Aurelia recieved her with a smile and a overly excited wag of her fluffled out tail.
Steph, she echoed in her head, almost instantly deciding that like Valette (who she didn't know was the babe's mother) she would be one of the few wolves she liked.

"im Aurelia" she barked between smiles, "and i would love to" she added, her tail wagging again as if to emphasize her excitement. Aurelia, after wobbling back the few steps she had taken, stood tall next to the girl, her yellow eyes expectant and ready to watch and learn the girl's movements - she was the sliding expert after all. Unlike others, Aurelia really enjoyed being with younger wolves. Children were imaginative and curious, two traits Aurelia valued and that were often lost on adults. 
some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
You get my 100th post! <3

The other female greeted Steph excitedly, and it only made Steph more eager to play. She seemed friendly, and Steph always responded well to that. Hi, Aurelia! she replied. She grinned big when she accepted Steph's invitation to play, and Steph decided to show her how to slide.

Okay, so what you do is first get a head start, she explained, moving away from the edge of the frozen lake. Then, you run as fast as you can, and when you step on the ice, you'll just... glide! It seemed simple enough, and Steph probably didn't need to explain it, but she didn't realize that. 

When it seemed Aurelia was ready, Steph made a run for the ice. This time, she kept upright for longer, but she still ended up with her legs splayed by the time she slid to the middle of the water. She turned to see how her playmate fared.

48 Posts
Ooc — mini
<3<3<3
sorry i took f o r e v e r

As if the usual roles were reversed and she became the the student, Aurelia listened closely to the babe's, the teacher's, quick explanation of how to properly slide. She nodded her head to indicate she understood and watched the girl sprint off to do a demo. She managed to maintain her balance, which the Lockhart thought to be the hardest part, before falling flat. 

"Oook! Here i gooooooooooo" she then called out, her yellow eyes narrowing as she quickly gained speed and reached the edge of the ice rink. Honestly, the babe made it look easier than it was, she struggled for the first few seconds to keep herself upright as her hind paws kept wobbling like a newborn calf. Then, as she neared Steph she allowed her paws to slip, all in different directions causing her to be splayed out and spinning. During all this, Aurelia truly felt as if she were a child again, her laughter never ceasing even when she finally came to a stop. 

"well, how did i do?" she asked then, yellow eyes beaming at the babe as her tail kept thumping happily behind her. 
some and now none of you

545 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
No worries! <3

Steph watched as her new friend took her turn on the ice. She smiled as she stayed upright at first. You got it! she shouted, her tail wagging against the frozen water. After a few dozen feet, however, she met the same fate that Steph had. Her legs sprawled out and she spun around in circles. 

If she could have, Steph would have jumped with glee. But, as it was, she couldn't stand. But, she did laugh along with the other female. That was great! she congratulated. She tried to propel herself over to Aurelia and it took a bit of work, but finally she was beside her. You've done this before, haven't you? she accused, though her voice was laced with humor. The female took to sliding as if she was a pro at it.

Edit for ending:
She would continue to run and slide on the ice for as long as she could stand it. The girl, of course, would be welcome to play alongside her, too. When the fun was over, Steph would return to the den, mostly likely passing out for the rest of the day.