Emberwood The Shining Of The Moon
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
All Welcome 
Engel couldn't sleep, knowing that Grayday was no doubt nearby, sleeping or on watch. His mind kept going back to that moment that neither of them enjoyed...well, at least wanted to enjoy. So, he got up, but not before lifting his head to make sure that Day and his children were asleep, or at least had their attention elsewhere then he snuck away. Not too far, he just wanted to get somewhere far enough that they wouldn't question where he was going.

He stopped in a small clearing, shining with moonlight around him. And there, he hummed to try and take his mind off it, albeit a bit out of tune.
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
take me back to the night we met
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
hope you dont mind me :)

It had become a routine.
As the sun began to slip behind the mountains and sink into the horizon, Aurelia's eyes fluttered open, then as the sky began to darken she was out and about, this time her paws taking her out of the Easthollow borders.
This little routine was one she was happy to fall into, monotony was not something she feared for she knew that every night offered something different, some new details for her to observe, and some new inspiration for her to sing.

She thought suddenly of a night long archived in the past but never forgotten, the night of the duet - the night in which she had fallen into such perfect harmony with a mysterious voice, a lover of the skies just as her.  She smiled at the memory, her paws not ceasing to move, carrying her without a set destination.

She had not yet seen or caught the scent of another, so thinking she was alone she stopped suddenly at a small clearing and basked in the moonlight, then raising her gaze towards the sky she began to observe. Above her she spotted a special set of stars almost inmediately. The Horologium, a constellation seen only around this time a year, the first time she had seen it it had been with her father.

She smiled again at the memory, tonight it seemed was a night for remembrance.
Remembrance and songs.
"tic toc, 
a clock made of stars
tic tocs 
above"
she began, her yellow eyes fixed on the set of stars she was directing her song to.

"tic toc,
it brings memories from times past,
but what i rather know 
starry clock
is what's to come
tic toc"
  she sang, her voice being the only one, for now, to pierce the silence of the night.
i had all and then most of you,
some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
No, not at all. Bit of a warning, he flirts a lot

Engel continued to hum. That was until he caught a glance of someone. He got down, thinking it was Grayday or one of his kids. Though, if anyone of them was as good as singing a what he was hearing, he was genuinely surprised. Plus he didn't remember any of them sounding like a female, well except Day's daughter. But she did not sound like this.

So he peeked up a bit to see a female who had not noticed him yet, and the voice had him snared. If there was one thing he fell for, it was singing. It always drew him in. 

Engel thought over how he would introduce himself, he knew he just had to. Then an idea came to mind when she got to her second verse. And since he did not know this song, he just repeated the first verse. 

"Tic toc, a clock made of stars," he started, though his voice was a bit rusty. He had not sung for a female since his more younger years. He stayed low however, attempting to play out a bit of hide and seek. "Tic tocs above."
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
lol this will be fun then
As her last note was swept away by the cold winter winds, the golden-brown agouti beauty allowed her eyes to close in a moment of quiet pensiveness. But her small me-myself-and-i moment was suddenly interrupted. Instantly her yellow eyes fluttered open and began scanning everything in close proximity to identify the source of the voice, but there was no one in sight. 

For a second, the idea that again the mysterious man that had fallen with her in such perfect duet crossed her mind, leaving her more excited than she would ever care to admit. He had been a faceless, nameless stranger yet he was by far the most memorable man she had stumbled upon before finding her place at Easthollow.
Could it be him again?
Only one wat to find out, she thought as she cleared her throat to resume her song, if it was truly him she'd know.
If magic could happen once it could happen twice.

"is it truly you
mysterious voice of the dark?
have you returned to sing with me,
under a belt of stars,
another heartfelt lullaby?"

she sang before falling silent again, waiting for a particular voice she wouldn't hear.
At least not tonight.

some and now none of you

aurelia's mood and behavior can be influenced by her astrologic beliefs, to know what the fuck is going through her mind check her profile

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was a bit confused at what she meant, the lyrics of this song. Then he realized she was singing words, and that she must have thought he was someone else. So, he decided to play along, and tried singing back. 

"If you want, I can be" he began, "the one that you seek. Under the stars, shining bright. Another song, another night."
48 Posts
Ooc — mini
She wanted it to be him, for some reason her little heart was truly hoping it was him. They had never even seen each other's faces, let alone exchanged names but with just his voice he had made himself memorable for the shy Lockhart.

As she continued to sit and wait, her heart thumped loudly against her chest. Then the silence was broken again. Her heart felt now like a delfated balloon. 
The way he responded was all the confirmation she needed, it was not him.

"ah i see,
like the moon who shifts into diferrent dresses,
phases,
he's gone,
but now you're here"

That it was not exactly him didn't mean it wasn't another like him - or another like herself.
A solitary singer or a lover of skies.

"where are you?
i only feel the cold wind near"

she crooned, an indirect invite to come out of hiding.

some and now none of you

735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel opened his mouth to keep on singing, only to find the words caught in his throat and replaced with a cough. He stood up, trying to clear his old throat after using muscles he rarely used to sing. Then he looked over, with a bit of an awkward look. "Yeah...not who you're looking for, am I?" he asked over to her. 

"That was a good song you had there. Great with such a voice, I might add" he said as he approached a bit into the moonlight to be more visible. "Oh, my bad. Name is Engel. Rhymes with angel."