Blacktail Deer Plateau Who. Are. You.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
@Aliac or @Aviana | There's another thread for whoever doesn't answer this one.

One down and one to go, for now. More members would be joining Morningside soon, but for now Pema only needed to meet one other new member and show them he ropes. She liked her new place within the pack. It's where she always wanted to be really, making sure that everyone was happy and getting along with one another. Making sure that everyone had a place in their new homes. 

Especially with winter comming it was important that everyone knew where the cache was and how much they were allowed to take, more then most would expect. Day was adament about everyone in the pack being fat over the winter. It was a hard time and having that cushion would make everyone feel a bit better. She began her search through the thin wooded area of the plateau, she thought she smelt an unfamiliar scent within them.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
It had taken quite a while, but finally Aviana had dragged the skull and horns of the bighorn sheep to her resting spot. She had only wanted one horn, but found it impossible to break it off the skull. So, she took the whole thing. Seeing as how the meat was long gone, she didn't think anyone would mind if she took some bones.

She rested on top of the skull so it wouldn't move and began to chew on one of the horns. Wasn't exactly like a reindeer, but it would do in a pinch. It would certainly last a lot longer, seeing as how thick they were. The sound of pawsteps in the snow brought her head up and her eyes searching for the source. A brown agouti female stood out among the white landscape-- someone Aviana hadn't met. Her tail wagged and she chuffed to announce where she was. 

[Image: CYEyvJP.png?4]
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
There was a sound of scraping in the distance, at least thats what Pema thought it was. When in reality it was Aviana's jaws gnawing on the horns of a bighorned sheep. She followed the sound and heard Aviana's chuff, which alerted her to her final position. Pema gave her a friendly smile as she closed the gap between the two.

She looked down at the skull before her, "That's quite the find. Where did you manage to find that one?" she asked before introducing herself. "My name is Pema. I'm one of the leaders of Morningside. You much be one of our newer members right?"
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
The female seemed friendly and Aviana returned her smile, watching as she walked towards her. She abandoned her skull to sit up, but looked back at it as her pack mate questioned where she got it. The other female didn't seem to be upset, so Aviana wasn't worried about answering honestly. From the pack hunt a few days ago. The meat was all gone, so I didn't think anyone would miss it, she replied. 

The female then introduced herself as Pema. Nice to meet you. I'm Aviana, she offered in return. Grayday just accepted me in last week, she confirmed. She wondered if Grayday had said anything about her, but decided not to ask. If they had any questions, or reservations, that were serious enough, they would have asked, she was sure.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema nodded along when the female explained where she got her prize. Pema had participated in that hunt and could now imagine the fullness of the creature from it's remains. She seemed a bit worried about it but her thought about no one caring about it anymore were farely accurate. "I don't think anyone will miss it. I'm glad to know we're finding use for the remains." she said with a warm smile, hoping to calm any nerves that the female might of had. 

"Nice to meet you aswell Aviana." she said, repeating her name, trying to make sure she remembered it the first time around. "How has the last week been for you?" she asked, wanting to make sure that she was settling into the pack nicely.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Pema seemed confident that no one would miss the skull, and Aviana was grateful. She hadn't had horns to chew on in quite some time, and these would last her for a while yet. She returned a soft smile to the other female, glad she was so friendly.

It's an adjustment, she confessed. But, everyone so far has been very friendly, she added. Minus the weird interaction with Dawn's mate, but Aviana figured that was a one-off. He had tried to save himself, but once Dawn approached, that seemed to go out the window. I'm not so great at meet-and-greets, so please forgive my awkwardness, she said. She wasn't afraid to admit her flaws, as to her, it showed she knew what they were, and could work on them. She had been a lone wolf so long, and had really forgotten how to socialize. At least she hadn't forgotten her manners.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema too pride in knowing that so many new members came into the pack and were meet with friendly faces. She couldn't take the credit for that thought. It was the pack as a whole that decided who was to join the pack and how to treat one another. It just turned out that they were really good at it. 

"Oh, I think you're doing alright." she said, giving the girl some credit. This conversation was going pretty well Pema thought. "Have you gotten a chance to check out the cache yet?" she asked, making sure that she knew were to get food so she could be well feed for the winter. One of Day's specific tacks given to her.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She smiled at Pema's compliment, hoping she meant it. The female was turning out to be easy to talk to, which was helping a lot. She knew she still needed to work at meeting some of the other pack mates, too. When Pema asked about the cache, Aviana nodded. Yes, I've caught a few small things and added to it, she said. She had taken less than she put in, which is how she liked it. Aviana was a giver, not a taker, and her happiness came from making sure she was doing what she could to contribute to the pack.

How long has the pack been in this territory? she asked. She wanted to get some history of the pack, and wondered if they had been established here, or if they had moved here from another territory.

631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Good she knew where the cache was, there would be no excuse now for her to go hungry. Unless the cache was completely empty which it was far from. "Well don't be afraid to take alittle extra if you need it. Day wants every plump for winter." she said with a smile. 

Pema hadn't been with the pack from the start, or from the move, but she tried to tell her what she could. "Well I know that pack moved to this new territory I think around early fall. The old territory wasn't suited well for colder months apparently. But I joined after the move so I'm not sure how long tha pack has been around. I joined about four months ago." It seemed like way longer then that. "So at least longer then that. Way longer I think."
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She nodded her understanding. I will, she promised. She didn't want to be too weak to help out, so she knew she needed to keep her weight steady to stay healthy. She certainly didn't want to become a burden to the pack, especially when it was avoidable at the moment. 

She nodded as she listened to Pema explain that she thought the pack had moved just before winter. She wondered what made the previous territory unsuitable, but didn't voice her question since Pema hadn't been there. Grayday seems very conscious of what's going to affect his pack, she complimented. Even from her short time here, she could tell he was always one step ahead. No wonder the pack was surviving so well. Does he have any plans for spring? she asked. She had no idea if she was going to be here or not, but was curious anyways.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
She nodded when she commented about Day. "He's been doing this for awhile. Seen some pretty bad things. He's learned from alot of mistakes." she said remembering Heartha as one of those situations. 

She wasn't sure what the pack was going to de exactly, but she had heard somethings about another move. "We might be moving to another territory come the warmer seasons, but if we are it's not set in stone." she explained.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She nodded her understanding as Pema said he learned from his mistakes. It was a sign of a good leader that they could learn instead of being stubborn and keeping something that didn't work. She wondered what bad things he had seen, but didn't voice her curiosity. She didn't really think it was any of her business, no matter her curiosity.

Her head tilted slightly when Pema confirmed that they may be moving when the warmer weather came back around. Would this territory not be good during Spring? She was curious what would make it not suitable for such a growing season.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
"I'm not sure. That's just what I've heard." even though she had heard this she hoped it wasn't true. She really liked it here and thought they had a pretty good set up. As long as they didn't over hunt the deer that were here and hunted out of their territory from time to time, they should have a decent food supply all year round. 

But she hadn't been at the previous location. "Perhaps there's even better resources over there then her come the warmer season. Whatever happens I'm sure we will succeed in the end." she said with a smile. Day wouldn't lead them a stray, and if he did he would be sure to correct it as soon as possible and bring them right back, she thought.
373 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
So sorry about the wait on this!

Aviana nodded to Pema's assumption on why they might move in the spring. While she hadn't been apart of a pack that moved so often, she could understand the reasoning behind it. The more plentiful the area, the better chance of the pack surviving.

I haven't been around here in a while, she admitted. Is the area pretty sustainable? She didn't remember Broken Antler Fern struggling much when she was there, but that was over a year ago. The lands could change drastically in that time.
631 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Medic
Pema really enjoyed where the pack had settled down. Maybe in part because of the land scape, but she knew it was mainly due to the people in it. But none the less she found it easy to talk about all the good things within and near the territory. "The work 'pretty' doesn't do it justice in my book." she began. "We have herds of deer living on this very plateau with us. A catfish pond down the middle. The lake right on the border. Trees and the mountian side for shelter. The hot springs and coast close by. You have everything you could ever want here." she expressed joyfully. There did have alittle bit of everything here.