Ocean's Breath Plateau On The Road Again!
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel shared no hard feelings. At least, not on the outside. Already he was missing the bromance he shared with Aditya, the embarassing yet fun times he had in Morningside. He even briefly thought of Grayday's brother, who he might not even see again. 

But as Engel asways had, he looked forward, and forward alone. He had gotten his original task of surviving through the worst of the winter done. So, here he was, heading in a single direction he had picked, and onwards he went, knowing not what he would run into. If anything at all. He also knew it would be a tough time for him, as Day had said, it was breeding season. It would be a very tough time on him.

"On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again...The life I love is makin' music with my friends​" he sang as he went along.

@Narcisa
All of Engel's threads are always open! For better or for worse.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Narcisa, unable to find anything reasonable to catch in the woods, decided to try the plateau. She'd crossed it when travelling here from the west but hadn't stayed long or paid much attention to it. She couldn't spot nor scent anything edible across the flat land, and she frowned. Then, a voice carried into her ears. It sounded strange at first, until she realized it was... Singing? An ear turned backwards towards the sound, head swiftly following it to find another wolf to be the cause. Maybe that was why she didn't see anything edible.

Despite her prick of irritation, she wasn't one to go starting a fight—it wasn't worth it. Narcisa wasn't one to start conversations, either, so she watched the wolf silently, tail tensely swishing to and fro in mild anxiety. He'd likely notice her stark appearance soon enough, with him headed right for her.
Minor PP allowed. Plotting thread here. Family members are open.
I am also usually open to spree!
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
"And I can't wait to get on the road again...On the road again, goin' places that I've never b-" He stopped for a sudden, scenting another wolf. He went around, seeking the scent and then found himself standing a small distance from them. He stopped right there, one of his paws off the ground as he had stopped mid-walk. "Well....hi there" he said, inadvertently accompanying the the greeting with a dashing smile. He wasn't sure how young this wolf was, but they didn't look old. Not nearly as old as him, at least.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

Abruptly stopping in song and body alike, the male finally took notice of her. The manner of his greeting was friendly enough, especially paired with that smile. She felt comfortable enough to reply, Hello. What brings you here? Her voice was filled with genuine curiosity, and her irritation had left her... Mostly. She still wanted a meal.
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He thought about his answer first, before answering. "Well, if you must know, just venturing about, looking for a place to settle" he answered, looking down to his paws. He brought his face back up, with the same smile. "Now, it's your turn. What brought you here?" he asked back to her, with an intrigued look. He had a lot on his mind, and a conversation was perhaps the best way to get his mind off things.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx

How the male spoke sounded as if asking the simple question was burdensome, and he then flipped it onto her. Narcisa gave a slow blink, still feeling unsure before replying very simply with, Hunger. It was true, though not the best for conversation. Not wanting the air to get too awkward, she then said, I am Narcisa. What is your name? She had been peering at him over her shoulder but turned to face him fully when she introduced herself.
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked about when she said hunger. He too was feeling a little hungry, but it was more of a snackish feeling. "Hunger, huh?" He turned back to Narcisa when she asked for his name, and he gave it rather quickly. "Engel, it rhymes with- nevermind. How about we get you something to eat?" He couldn't let a woman starve, especially not after just hearing his 'best' pick up line.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Wow, okay I thought I responded to this. ;v; Sorry for the wait!

She wasn't sure why he interrupted himself while explaining how his name was pronounced but quickly disregarded it when he mentioned helping her hunt. Her pink eyes widened, surprised to hear this from the stranger. I'd appreciate that... Thank you, She said earnestly, feeling comfortable enough to take a few more steps towards Engel.
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
He gestured for her to follow, "Well let's get going. Maybe find a hare, or a rabbit." Or two. He wouldn't be too fussed if only she got something however. Then he started moving, trying to track down a scent wherever he could on the ground, a scent of something easy to get at least.

"You got anything?" he asked to her. "Don't want anything too big, like a moose or deer."
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Narcisa appreciated Engel's enthusiasm and nodded, following close behind. She put her nose to the ground, sifting through the scents there. Most were old, but as she searched she came across a fresh rabbit trail that lead into den in the ground a short distance before her. Lifting her head, she murmured, A rabbit was out of this den not too long ago. Narcisa nodded her head in its direction. I could dig while you make sure it doesn't get past me, She suggested. If he liked the idea, she would approach the den and start digging, sending dirt flying out from between her hind legs.
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel looked in the direction she had pointed toward. He nodded with a wink toward her, in agreement to the plan as he positioned himself. He was ready to make a move, whenever the rabbit would move. He got some dirt while behind her, so he moved a bit to the side to avoid that.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She dug herself deeper and deeper into the hole, accumulating quite the pile of dirt behind her. When the front half of her body was inside of the burrow, the rabbit emerged from a previously-unseen exit on Engel's side. However, something else caught Narcisa's attention within the den: a litter of rabbit kits that had just grown into their fluff. They were helpless to the wolf's jaws, which clamped down on their throats one by one until there were none left alive. Mere morsels, but much better than nothing.

With her small prizes in her jaws, she backed out of the burrow, shaking the dirt from her white pelt before turning to see how Engel was faring.
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel waited as he watched, only just spotting movement as the rabbit emerged. He may have been old, but he was quick as he made a lunge for it, only just grabbing it by the tail. Pulling it back, he held it down with a paw as he finished the job with a well aimed bite, and just in time to see Narcisa had also made a catch.

"Well...it's something, I guess." He looked to the rabbit, then pushed it towards her. "You...you need it more than me."
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Narcisa dropped the kits at her feet. As she did, Engel nudged the adult rabbit towards her, telling her she needed it more than him. While she liked to be humble, she had to agree—she was quite literally starving, so Narcisa graciously scooped the rabbit closer to herself with a paw.

Thank you... She murmured again, unable to voice the true magnitude of her gratitude to this stranger. However, she felt it was only fair that he got something as well, so she nudged the four kits towards him before lying down and tearing clumps of fur off of the carcass. Once enough of the flesh was exposed, she tore into it with desperate jaws, practically inhaling every piece she tore off. It was so refreshing to finally taste meat—fresh meat—and blood again.

English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled lightly. "No problem" he replied back. He may have been quite the casanova to anyone, but if anyone was in need, well most of the time he could set that aside. At least till after, unless he could manage to hold his personality back. 

He smiled more as she pushed over the kits, and he took one of them to begin eating first. "So...what are you...doing out here all alone?" he asked between bites.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
After having scarfed down a good bit of the rabbit, she heard Engel ask her a question. Narcisa frowned slightly as she recalled the answer to that question, licking the blood from her maw as she did. I didn't like how my natal pack treated me, so I left, She answered honestly but vaguely, really not wanting to delve into the gritty details. Despite everything, when she was this malnourished and alone, it was hard not to regret her decision to leave, even though she knew that returning was just as awful. Not wanting him to get too curious, she turned the question on him. What about you?
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel couldn't say that he had been in the same position, why had left was cause he had been offered by the girl of his dreams. He shrugged when he was asked. 

"My last pack didn't enjoy my company" he answered back. "Few do these days..." He certainly was losing his touch. He went to take another bite from one of the other kits, having finished the first one.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Narcisa gave a slight tilt of her head, surprised to hear his answer. Engel had been nothing but pleasant to her thus far, and while she was not so naive as to fully trust the goodness of a stranger, he hadn't given off any warning signs. He seemed to be genuinely interested in her wellbeing, as far as she could tell, so it was impossible for her to formulate a reason as to why his company wouldn't be enjoyed. Despite her own curiosity, Narcisa didn't press him for a further explanation just as she preferred him to do for her.

She would judge him based on the information provided in both his words and his actions; so for now, her judgement was overwhelmingly positive. This lead her to say, Well, I'm enjoying your company. Bringing the words past her lips drew a small smile from them, and her tail gently waved across the ground.

English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel made a small chuckle, and smiled back. "Thank you..." Though if he was being himself, he doubted that she ever would. Few did enjoy his usual self. He got ready to stand up after finishing half of the third one, licking his bloodied chops. "Well, I think it's time I get going...you can have the last one." Then he paused. "Unless you still want someone's company...I am happy to give."
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Unintentionally, her ears perked at Engel's prospect of leaving. She did want his company... Badly. More than she had thought until she actually thought about him leaving, about her being alone again. I... I would like it if you stayed, but I don't want to keep you from anything, She said uncertainly while trying not to sound too pushy or desperate, despite very much being the latter.

Narcisa wasn't used to being in this position. She was incredibly introverted—being around others wore her out, yet months of very little conversation or affection had taken its toll on her. It made her feel like a child again, being so needy. But she was, and she didn't want to deny this opportunity to stave off the loneliness.

English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Now this was most unusual. He sat back down, and went to lay down. Engel watched the female as he laid there. He was most surprised by this. "I can stay...quite surprising really, most just leave after having my company" he said with a laugh. It was quite funny even to think of it like that. Then again, this sort of company was not like that.

"So...Narcisa...uh...how's your day?" he asked, unsure of how exactly to start a conversation. He'd not usually talked to a female for this long without them wlalking off.
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She gave a small sigh of relief that he'd be staying, forming a sheepish smile at his comment. Narcisa couldn't understand why others didn't want to be around him—not yet, at least. Maybe it was them, maybe it was him. Maybe she'd care, and maybe she wouldn't. She was fine with not knowing, even if she ended up leaving like the rest, so long as she had his company now.

Well, it was pretty lonely before you showed up, She answered with a smile. Engel seemed to feel a bit awkward, but Narcisa didn't mind. Now, I'd say it's going pretty well. You are very kind. She then took another bite out of the rabbit he'd gifted her with.

English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel was still surprised quite a bit with how she preferred his company. He was not quite used to it. "Thank you...you are...too" he answered back. He stayed lying there, unsure of what else he could exactly say. "Do you...do you want to hear a song? To pass the time?"
32 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He thought that she was kind, as well, despite her feeling the need to repay him for his kind deed. Still, her tail began to wave again. I would love that, She said sweetly. Narcisa always enjoyed singing but was a bit uncomfortable to do so in earshot of others.
English | Romanian
735 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Engel smiled and went to clear his throat. Then he sucked in a breath, and began to sing. "I know your eyes in the morning sun, I feel you touch in the pouring rain. And the moment that you wander far from me, I want to feel you by my side again. And you come to me on a summer breeze, keep me warm in your love, then you sof-" He coughed a bit suddenly, and attempted to clear his throat again.

"Uh...sorry...singing sometimes makes me do that" he said after clearing his throat, and with a bit of an ashamed look.