Blacktail Deer Plateau I'mma try it out
3,373 Posts
Ooc — Kat
I'm still not 100% sure where Perry and Hawkeye stand (their latest thread is only a few posts along) but, in any case, the pups are around eight weeks old and it's time to relocate them to a rendezvous site. Anyone's welcome to come by but I'd love to see the following peeps at least make a cameo: @Hawkeye @Kisu @Tytonidae @Pura @Saēna :)

With summer weather on the horizon and the pups nearing two months of age, it was time to quit the whelping den and relocate to a rendezvous site. Peregrine spent about a week scoping the plateau, searching for the perfect spot, and found one not far from his family's present homestead. It was a much larger clearing, with plenty of shelter around the fringes for cold or rainy nights. He felt his family would do well there. They'd really outgrown the den anyway.

This morning, he felt it was finally time to make the move. Rounding up the four pups with the aid of his two co-parents, he told them, "Okay, kids, we're going to play a game you're probably familiar with by now; it's called Follow the Leader. Whoever does the best job at staying in line behind me will get a special treat when we arrive at our destination." He paused, letting them jabber excitedly about that for a moment, then said, "Say goodbye to the ol' den, guys. We're moving on to bigger things."

After grinning at the gaggle of excited pups, he began to move the train, with himself as the engine, the pups each a boxcar and both Hawkeye and Kisu acting as cabooses. In this formation, they traipsed across the plateau to their new residence, which was clear and cool (it was an overcast day) and certainly large enough to sustain three adults and four growing pups.

"Welcome home! Now you can go about initiating it and stuff," the swarthy Alpha male announced. "Go ahead, check it out!" he coaxed, playfully shoving the pups into the middle of the open glade.
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness, I am stronger than you know.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni

As par usual for the black/grey furred healer and beta she stopped by the alpha's den on her way to the borders with a small offering of breakfast. However, they were not there. She stopped moving for a moment puzzled as she looked in the den and did not find anyone no pups, not even Hawkeye or Kisu. She wondered where everyone went. For a moment she was entirely worried and fearful, but knowing that if something had happened they would have called for her. They were probably on an adventure.

Dipping her muzzle to the ground and a bloody rabbit in her maw she followed their scents looking for them. She moved quickly through the foliage and she found them to not be far and she sat down near but not too close so she did not startle anyone as the pups were looking around. She had not even realized that it was time for the pups to have a rendezvous spot, but she did now. She chuffed gently at Perry but stood back watching, the rabbit tucked firmly near her paws.

812 Posts
Ooc —
Wahoo, posting with both characters in one thread! I actually won't be posting with Peregrine again (I'll power play him in Junior's posts); I just wanted this thread to be in both characters' thread logs and it didn't make sense to start it with her, sooo... yeahnobodycares. :P

For Osprey Jr., Peregrine's decision was wonderfully timed. She'd just recently started feeling very cramped by the family's den and even its small front yard. And though she didn't realize what was happening exactly, she eagerly bounded after her father when he gathered the group and led them away from the den site. Good riddance! her raised tail and sashaying hips seemed to say as she stepped into the woods without even a single backward glance.

Before long, the train arrived in an enormous clearing that made their previous home seem like a cage or something. "WOOOW!" Osprey Jr. promptly and loudly exclaimed, channeling a bit of doge. This place was huge! Then the Alpha male began prodding the children, urging them to explore, and Osprey was as eager as any of the others to do just that.

However, she hadn't forgotten his promise. "Gimme tweat! Me, me, me!" she shouted at him, jumping up and down and nipping at his chin. Although she'd bumped and jostled and strayed the entire way here, young Osprey felt entitled and was certain her daddy would deliver. Even if he thought one of the other pups deserved it more, Junior would likely steal the treat anyway, so hopefully her daddy saved himself the hassle and just gave it to her directly.

Meanwhile, the pack's Beta and the children's aunt arrived with a bloody rabbit in her maw. Somehow, Junior figured this was the promised prize, so she abandoned her father and fell upon the dead creature with a loud shriek of, "MINE!" Her body stiffened, her tail raised and her hackles prickled as she began to eat; she was prepared to defend her spoils to the death if need be.
<FONT FACE="High tower text">disposable</div></FONT>.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
I feel like this is the perfect opportunity for Amelie to prove her worth as a babysitter

The young girl was laying back in under the shadow of a great tree, the sunlight that shone through the little spaces between the leaves, flickering across her paws. She closed her eyes as the breeze blew against her face. Along with the fresh scent of the spring leaves, the distinctive smell of milk, mud and poo reached her nose.

She pricked her ears and wagged her tail slightly as the image of the little babies popped into her mind. So far she had only met one of them, Osprey Jr, a bundle of energy and life. The teen got to her paws and trotted towards the source of the smell.

Amelie, by mere coincidence, walked in after Blue, she shot the female a kind smile and turned her gaze to the Osprey Jr, the little babe was wabbling over a piece of prey the lovely Beta had just brought in.

"Hello!" she greeted the baby, then meeting her eyes with Peregrine and giving him a smile.
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
They moved like a herd of Disney elephants, each in perfect step with the others, trunks and tails entwined, or at least that was the scenario young Saēna constructed in her mind. In reality, the congo line of adults and pups weaved messily through the trees, the centre almost constantly falling apart and reforming as they jostled and bumped. Being exceptionally obedient whenever the adults were looking, Saēna did her absolute best to stay in perfect step, though once or twice the rowdy Osprey Jr. shoved her out of line, and several times her paws smacked against a raised root and sent her stumbling.

They arrived unscathed at the rendezvous site, an enormous clearing that instantly made Saēna feel free to run, her newest favourite activity. She was about to do just that when she heard Osprey Jr. shouting for a treat, to which she responded with an ear-splitting scream of, “NO,” because surely she or Tytonidae had been the most well-behaved. She was just about to cutely ask Peregrine (nicely) to give it to her instead, and kick his self-entitled brat child off the edge of the plateau while he was at it had she the words, when Blue Willow arrived with what she thought was the treat.

Instantly, the spotted pup began weaving her way across the clearing toward the rabbit, but Osprey beat her to it and began the same old behaviour as always. Saēna very briefly challenged the guarding of the meat by growling and puffing up like a Hallowe'en cat, but it was short-lived as her nerve gave out. Try as she might, Pied's daughter couldn't stand up to her bully cousin, and even if she managed to stand her ground, she always wilted the second Junior retaliated, but that didn't stop her from being a little devil about it whenever the other pup decided to show dominance. Ultimately, she instinctively accepted that she was of lower status, but still almost challenged it every single time.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu looked down at his little girl when she shouted "NO!" as loudly as she could. He shook his ears a bit, the sound still ringing in his ears as he was right next her. Raising a fairly large paw, Kisu brought it over to smoosh his daughter on the head, partly to tell her to shush, and partly in playful affection.

Kisu eyed a darker female who was a new member of the pack. He was pretty sure her name started with an 'A', but he could not remember which 'A' name it would be. Anna? Amy? Kisu dropped the thought for a moment, but kept looking out of the corner of his eyes. She was quite pretty.
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
It took the girls approximately 2.8 seconds to start bickering. Junior was possessive, ballsy, and mean, but Saēna's was no cream puff either. Pura's ears flattened against the NO and MINE, content to sniff at the edges of their new playground until the ruckus died down. Drama followed the girls' every move - Ty was constantly wailing about something-or-other. By contrast, the only boy was a very simple creature; if Junior hassled him, he would bite her face they would have a good-natured scuffle - end of. Saēna and Tytonidae were rather more volatile, and required careful handling. Juggling so many moods and tempers was a nightmare already, and he had no idea how bad it would get when they all turned 22 (months).

The size difference was less apparent now. Pura's grandfather had been a large wolf, and his grandson would aspire to that size. Large paws and a generally square, stocky build promised a formidable adult - and the more he grew, the more frequently he challenged Junior. Less for the position of top dog (although that instinct was definitely there) and more because she needed to be taken down a peg or two. Daily.

When the queen bee hunkered down over Blue's kill and proclaimed it as hers, Pura paused his innocent border-sniffing and gave his sister a look. He wasn't entirely sure if Saēna had forgiven him for tattling, but figured there were ways to placate her.. humiliating her arch-rival, for one. With his nose to the ground, the freckled boy continued to walk innocently around the clearing, giving the other pups a wide berth.. until he was out of Junior's line of vision (unless her butt had sprouted eyes) and concealed by adults legs.

With a second meaningful look at his sister, he cannoned at the meat-munching brat's rear with a roar of "ROOOUUAARRRRRRRRHH!"
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye felt sad that they were moving from the den she had dug out herself, but understood why they had to leave; if it had only been her two daughters, they could have stayed for much longer. But, with Pied and Kisu's little boy and girl, and sometimes Kisu, things were very tight.

As for the follow the leader game, Hawkeye smirked. "Does this mean that if I'm the best behaved, I get a special treat?" The female said it loud enough for the pups to hear, though they were currently yelling at each other at a high volume for such small creatures.
812 Posts
Ooc —
When Saēna approached, Osprey Jr. warned her with a lusty growl, her black paw pinning the rabbit possessively to the ground and her black lips skinning back from her teeth. This took the puff right out of the pale girl's fur and she began to slink away, the customary conclusion to these confrontations (if you could even call them that).

Right then, a loud noise at her rear immediately preceded a heavy weight crashing into her hindquarters, forcing them to the ground. Osprey yelped in surprise, then whirled on her attacker. "POO-WA!" she shrieked indignantly, aiming a bite at his blunt gray muzzle. Her shifting eyes blazed at him for a moment before she faced forward and struggled to pull herself forward and free from his grip.

Rather than whirl on him again, Osprey Jr.'s line of vision fell on Saēna. She didn't realize her smaller cousling had had nothing to do with the ambush and that she had not, in fact, tag-teamed her. As ever, Junior happily placed blame on the rust-marked scapegoat and presently pounded toward her with every intent to christen the new rendezvous site with Saēna's blood.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Blue willow had frankly had enough of Junior's bullying. Dominance was one thing, bullying was an entire other thing. She went to grab Junior by her scruff unsure if she would be able to grab her as she was in veritable motion. She then bent down and grasping the rabbit in her larger jaws she ripped it into 4 pieces one for each child. She dropped one right at Saena's fit, then Pura and then Ty and lastly she dropped it at Juniors. There now you all have a treat. She did not know that there had been a treat promised by their father, so she may have just upset the balance of power but how was she to know.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
The black adolescent realized she had not met two of the other adults present, so she lowered her head in courtesy and caught one of them , a large male glancing at her, she instantly smiled and wagged the tip of her tail, but didn't say a word.

Instead she turned to watch the babies who were arguing over the rabbit Blue had brought in. She watched with interest the stand-off between the little pup and Junior. She thought it was rude of the black babe, but then again they were just babies: greedy,needy,smelly babies.

She waited to see Peregrine's or the other adults present reaction, but no one seemed to move a muscle, only Blue tried to calm them by dividing the kill. But nobody else flinched, not even when another pup rammed into little Osprey and she squirmed under him to only turn back to the small, frail girl she had challenged before.

To Amelie the scene was far too familiar. She had been in the pale pup's position all her life.

The teen felt a pang in her chest and felt the urge to swoop up the little creature and take her away, but she knew she couldn't. So instead she just huffed and lashed her tail, hoping someone would intervene!
confidence, charisma, character
1,647 Posts
Ooc —
Wow, I'm so sorry, I didn't realize it was my turn. >_>

It all happened so quickly that Saena could scarcely react. One minute, she was slinking away, dejected as always. The next, she had caught Pura's eye, and within a mere second of that the boy had thrown himself at Osprey Junior, earning himself the return of his sister's favour. Up until now, the girl had done her very best to ignore him completely, still annoyed that he had tattled on her the night of the thunderstorm, but she was moved now to rethink her punishment.

There wasn't much time for it, however, for a furious Junior was suddenly stomping her way toward Saena. The pale girl deflated instantly and, reading the situation as hopelessly hostile, picked up her feet and fled. Her heart thumped in her chest as she sought shelter from Osprey's over-the-top attack, and so frantic was she to find a hiding place that she didn't even notice Blue Willow step in.

She ran immediately for Hawkeye, fighting to keep fearful tears out of her eyes, in the faint hope that the large female would put her bully daughter in her place.
<font style="font-family:arial; font-size:14px; font-style: italic; color:#006699;">A strong wolf stands above and conquers all</font><p><a href="http://imgur.com/bLLjcbM">Full Reference</a><p>Avatar by STEVIE!
280 Posts
Ooc — Sammi
Kisu held his breath while watching the whole ordeal. Osprey, Jr. was all over the place, and his son decided to join in on the festivities of battle. When his little white fluff ball made a beeline for Hawkeye, he relaxed a bit; he was seconds away from intervening, but knew the black wolf would be able to handle things. Though there were two fathers, there was only one mother and that was her.

He gazed upon the A-named female once more, desiring to speak to her, but not today. There were pups and chaos all around, along with the fact that he did not want his packmates thinking ill of him for having interest in another wolf so soon after his beloved Pied.
<strong>here is a strange and bitter crop</strong>
308 Posts
Ooc — Karmencita
The plan back-fired. Pura imagined that he spied a hint of gratitude in his sister's eyes before the situation turned sour, but there wasn't enough time to double-check. Saēna scampered towards Hawkeye. Behind the pack's bully, her freckled brother's face turned suddenly dark.

He stood for a moment, bristling and stiff, before some foreign force began to move his paws towards the black pup's hind legs. A sharp, threatening snarl rumbled in Pura's throat, spilling out of a half-opened mouth.
<font style="font-family:helvetica; font-size:12.5px; color:#4B0082;">Each of us can only deal with what’s in front of us.</font><p><I>Avatar by STEVIE!! :)</i>
561 Posts
Ooc — Sam
Hawkeye was startled momentarily when Saēna made a beeline for her and hid behind her tall legs. The black female stood over the girl, protecting her a moment before whispering in the rust-colored ear "watch this."

She jumped directly in front of Junior with a look of mock-intimidation. "Grrrrr," she said, trying to feign a growl, thinking that a real one might be too much for her daughter. Hawkeye pushed her giant head against Junior's small one. "Why don't you pick on me instead, little girl!" She swiped her tongue across the black girl's face, hoping that it would embarrass and annoy her.
812 Posts
Ooc —
Several things happened all at once: as Saēna fled toward Hawkeye, Blue Willow attempted to scruff Osprey Jr., though she only managed to clip her; momentarily thwarted, the pup quickly pulled free and continued her savage pursuit, only for Pura's hot breath to wash over her hind legs; and then, as Saēna reached her refuge, the pups' towering mother stepped into Osprey's path, effectively blocking her, even as Pura (intentionally or not) crashed into her backside again.

In the end, it was her blood painting the earth as one of her cousling's teeth snagged the meat of her right haunch. Junior cried out sharply even as she fell to the ground, Hawkeye looming over her. Feeling hurt and angry, the puppy kicked her rear legs at Pura (she couldn't believe he'd tackled her twice!) and then jumped to her feet yet again. She limped slightly, favoring the injured leg, and turned her eyes upon Pura. If looks could kill...

Osprey considered punishing him for his meanness and gall, yet she looked up and realized every single one of the adults was watching her. She swallowed, her brow darkening and her ears flattening, and proceeded to slink sulkily to the clearing's far edge. Once there, she flopped to the ground and began tending to her wound with a small pink tongue, shooting everybody else baleful looks between licks.

When Peregrine sidled over to check on his rough-and-tumble offspring, he was greeted with a poisonous glare. "You okay, Junior?" he asked softly, reaching to nuzzle her crown. She pulled away with a sullen glower, then rose to her feet and padded a few feet away before plopping down again. She shot him (and the group behind him) a final angry scowl before turning her back on them. Facing the nearby trees, she sank onto her belly with a dramatic sigh and lay still.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I believe it is my turn

blue Willow shook her head an exasperated sigh left her maw. She bent and picked up the small piece of rabbit she had ripped apart. Padding over to the sullen girl she dropped it in front of her with a small reprimand. it does know good to be a sullen princess. Here is your treat Junior. With that she turned leaving the girl to herself, she as well had tantrums as a youngster and knew sometimes it was best to just leave them to it and be there with a hug and a gentle nuzzle afterwards, at least for her anyway.
241 Posts
Ooc — Marie
short :p

Amelie's eyes searched Peregrine's and then Blue's, a desperate glint burning in them, weren't they gonna do anything about it? Of course little Osprey was the queen bee and her daddy's dear girl, but that didn't give her the right to treat the other pups like chew toys..

Suddenly before the little princess could reach her target, the pretty black female named Hawkeye stepped forth putting her rambunctious daughter into place, as the other pale pup took cover under her. Instead of scolding her, she showered the babe with kisses, which caused little Osprey to grumble with embarassment.

The teen watched the whole thing develop, realizing that despite her naughty actions the first born daughter had the upper hand in the situation. Even as she gave a tantrum, her father still continued to comfort her.. Even Blue caved under the girl's charms.
1,499 Posts
Ooc — Danni
I'll slap an ending even though I had just gone before Amelie

Blue had only stopped for a little while, so with a small smile at all the pups, she nudged Perry gently in the shoulder and she gave Amelie a soft nudge as well. Nodding at both hawkeye and KisuAmelie, shall we go hunting? She knew Amelie was upset with her about the small princess, but she couldn't really scold her for bullying, when in a way it was a learning experience for her and the others, even as pups there was a hierarchy.

Come let's go. with that the large healer trotted out of the site, happy to let the small family to it.