Stone Circle You should eat me because like, I'm delicious
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
First post for this brat. @Poppy as requested!

Bhageera was bored and hungry as ever, though which one bothered her more had yet to be decided. She had been wandering through the wilderness for a while now yet this was the first place she'd found a pack. It reeked. Really. The stench of mutt piss assaulted her delicate nostrils and made her whiskers quiver with disgust as she tried not to retch. But where there was a pack there was food, so she leapt over the borders and started wandering through the territory toward a cache like she owned this bitch.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
She was trecking through the territory as if on a mission, nose to earth as she ploughed through the snow. Every now and then she'd have to pause to shake the melting snow from her pelt, but it was not long before she'd begin again, tracking the scent of the stag that seemed semi-familiar. She wondered if he'd made it back, after all.

The cat was not there until it was, Poppy stopping dead as she realized her trail had fallen directly into its path, brown doe-like gaze snapping onto it in shock. "hello," she blurted after a moment, unsure if the cat was supposed to be here. Wolves weren't supposed to cross the lines, but prey and birds and fox could, and she wasn't sure under which category the thing fell. It looked like it was supposed to be here, and she shifted a little as she remembered the eery sight of the same sort of cat in a tree.
Adopt my pups!               
[Image: SXBUara.jpg]
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Bhageera halted and hissed a quiet "shit" under her breath. She slowly turned expecting to see a wolf but instead it was a ....what the fuck was it? "What the fuck are you?" She asked curiously, her voice not holding any nastiness but just confusion. "You don't look like a wolf." Abandoning her intentions to raid the cache she walked toward Poppy until she was literally in her face, sniffing at her. "You don't smell like one either, though you do reek of a wolf. You still smell like a kind of mutt too" she kept muttering. Finally it dawned on her "oh!  You're one of those pet things!" She exclaimed. 

When she lived in Blackthorn woods there had been small human villages nearby and hunters often brought their dog things into the woods to chase prey down. This girl kinda looked like one of those. "You don't belong out here. I could eat you in a second" she said and just to fuck with Poppy she took a few steps back and then jumped at her while shouting "boo!"
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Ezra, while not a full fledged guardian, was experienced enough to know that you shouldn’t let the devil waltz into your home. Every fiber of his being told him danger when he caught the scent of the feline and the boy immediately took after the trail, steps quickening as the odor grew stronger. He reached the pair in little time and paused in his tracks when his gaze landed on the lynx, fur standing on end while his ears shot forward to catch the last part about eating Poppy. A low growl rumbled within his chest while he tiptoed his way carefully around to the dog, tail sticking stiffly out behind him while he closed the gap between himself and his fellow packmate. 

While he undoubtedly wanted to play the hero of this story, Ezra knew he stood little chance against the feline and if truth be told, he was just about shaking in his boots at the sight of her. Yet even with fear creeping up along his spine Ezra remained, if only because he didn’t want to see Poppy get hurt, or anyone else for that matter. He slunk forward just enough to grab the the collie’s tail and aimed to give it a soft tug in hopes of leading his packmate away from the immediate threat.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her gaze widened further when she was greeted with cursing, falling utterly still when the rest of the feline's words hit her. Her hackles bristled for the first time, tail waving slowly behind her in slightly nervous sways. Every nerve in her body burned, and the slight tug on her tail had her whirl to face the boy who'd appeared at her side, for a moment taking her attention of the cat just after she'd made her threat. 

She screamed when the cat leapt at her, the words that fled from her muzzle a recognizable name. "@Murdock!" She snapped at the cat instinctually, body twisting to face and lunge at the creature, which had elicited the same reaction a bothersome barn cat would. Except for the small difference of this being a few times the size, and Poppy near scared out of her wits.
Adopt my pups!               
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock's head whipped 'round at the sound of Poppy's voice. At once, he abandoned the trail he'd been following and sprinted toward his dog's cry. He had no idea what might be threatening her, but he knew that he'd put himself between Poppy and danger, no matter what it was.

When he got there, however, he was relieved to see that it wasn't any of his packmates harrassing the girl. It didn't please him to see a cat around his home, but it could've been worse. It could've been a lion.

"Hey!" he shouted as he barreled onto the scene, intent on ramming right into the cat and grabbing onto whatever part of it he could.
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Bhageera didn't actually harm Poppy, but as she pounced she pretended to lunge for her throat. With jaws literally inches away from the dog, Poppy's snapping came awfully close to actually doing damage. Luckily reflexes were on her side and she instantly reared back and jumped away. Within second she both noticed the young wolf trying to get the dog away and was tackled by a larger brown wolf.

Immediately she yowled and was on her back, claws unsheathed and hind limbs kicking and attempting to rake down whatever was near her. Her forepaws were up and blocking her throat, claws ready to strike. "Get off me! I was playing, i didn't realize she'd flip out like that!" She shouted her pupils dilated with fear and fur all puffed up and on end.
sunflower boy
62 Posts
Ooc — Kara
Ezra offered a reassuring smile to the frightened dog when she twisted in his direction, but it seemed whatever good intentions he had were put to little use when she suddenly turned around and snapped at the feline. His ears immediately flattened against his skull when the lynx hopped away, unsure what he should do in this kind of predicament. Should he fling himself between the two? Let them fight it out on their own? Before he had a chance to really think things over, Murdock magically appeared out of nowhere and broke the fight before it even had a chance to start. 

The grayscale child quickly moved to stop whatever Poppy’s next move might be and attempted to act as a barrier between her and the lynx. He assumed it would be best to stay out of Murdock’s way for now, but should the older male appear as if he needed assistance, especially since he had the limp, Ezra would eagerly jump in to offer help.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Her warning snap came close to actually delivering a hit, and that alone was enough for the girl to wobble back, ears pulled back. Murdock swept into the scene with the force of a battering ram, and the boy moved between her and the cat, obviously trying to put a stop to her lunging into the fray - not that she would, after the initial shock was fading now. She poked the boys shoulder, trying for a reassuring smile, but her gaze was locked on Murdock as he bowled the cat over, feeling both exhilaration and the bitter sting of failure.
Adopt my pups!               
304 Posts
Ooc —
Murdock had no desire to hold the cat captive. The damn claws were already doing a number on his chest, and rivulets of blood were dribbling down onto the tawny coat pinned below him. Still, he tried his best to catch a paw in his mouth and chomp down, going more for pain than injury. He didn't need to kill or even incapacitate it - Murdock would be just as happy with teaching it a lesson.

"Get your own damn dog," he grizzled, rearing back to escape the claws. "Scram, cat."
[Image: AIUhSFO.png?2]
35 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Her kicks had done damage because the stench of blood hit her nose, making them flare instinctively. She continued to kick at him naturally because he was still over her and when he bit she screeched with fear, eyes blown with pain as she attempted to swat the sides of his face with her free paw and push at his maw to get him to release her.

As he released her and reared back she rolled to her paws and stood up, bristling and eyeing them all. That was his dog? How fucking weird was that? A human with a dog was fairly normal but a wolf with a pet dog? Bizzare. "I didn't want your pet!" She spat before turning and running away as fast as she could ignoring the pain in her forepaw.
248 Posts
Ooc — thalia
The cat crumpled below Murdock, screaming something that had the girl falter a moment. "I'm not-" She began, but the words dissolved on her tongue when she realized the futility of the words as the cat's retreating rear vanished in the trees. Turning her attention to Murdock, she poked briefly the shoulder of the boy, knowing that she ought to have come away with him when he'd first tugged at her tail. 

Her heart pounded still, and her words came rushed. "are you alright?" She asked, hating the thick stench of blood and its unknown source. "I'm sorry," She added with a flick of her ears, feeling somehow this to be her fault, and shifting her weight nervously as she moved toward Murdock, at a loss of what to do.
Adopt my pups!